Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Arrr! Avast ye, matey! This be the scent of pirate rum!

Scent in bottle: Like a grown-up version of Butter Rum Life Savers, or a piratey dessert booze. Very sweet and rummy.

Wet: Still smells good, although the rummy component calms way down and the buttery scent becomes more obvious. A bit of coconut, too. And something slightly unpleasant--weirdly smoky.

Dry: Ugh. Oh, UGH. It has gone from smelling buttery and nutty to stinking like a fire at a chemical plant. This is disappointing; I was hoping my body chemistry would work well with this scent, but clearly it does not. Will scrub it off and probably swap the bottle or give to my niece since she loves everything rum-flavored, the cute little sot.

Where`s the rum? It`s all butterscotch on me and it reminds me a lot of Blockbuster, let`s say they are twins on my skin. After the first 10 minutes of "I`m buttery, you know?" it calms down to a foody note I like a lot but I can`t bring myself to love for its lack of depth maybe.

Imp: sweet butterscotch schnapps

Wet: sickly sweet butterscotch; I love butterscotch but I think I need to mix it with something...

Dry: toned down, but now its plastic butterscotch..

Verict: layer with something like Bless or Velvet for maximum pleasure

Woah! Smells like rubbing alchohol. Not very pleasant on my skin, but it sure does have throw! :P

Sniffed from the imp: Sweet christ this smells good! Pure butterscotch schnapps. I want to eat this. Don't know if it will be good ON me, but we'll have to see.

On: GAG.. Gaggaaagggg. Too.... strong..... can't ... TAKE IT!

Was washed off almost instantly to preserve sanity. It wasn't a GOOD strong smell, either, it was just.... I don't know, falling face first into a boiling pot of rum and caramelized sugar, without the 3rd degree burns...

This was a lab frimp. I tried it right after I tried Gluttony (another frimp) and was struck by the similarity. Grog is really candy-like too, but it's just pure BUTTERSCOTCH, flavored with coconut and drowned in buckets of rum. Stays really constant and incredibly sweet and STRONG for about an hour before losing intensity. It changes from rum-flavored candy to rum, rum, rum, alcohol and all. All in all, it's too sweet and simple for me.

In the imp and immediently wet, butterscotch candies. :)

As it dries it morphs to the most delicious coconut buttered rum with a hint of butterscotch. This is sweet and foody and boozey and just plain yum, :yum: It's also got a great throw.

This reminds me a lot of Butter Rum Cookie, but doesn't go odd on my skin like BRC can. It's the liquid and summer version of BRC (if that makes sense to anyone other than me LOL).

I am so happy I was frimped this, as I might never have tried it. It's going on my bottle list. :wub2:

:GoodPost: My thoughts exactly. If only real "grog" tasted like this smells! Holy smokes this is boozy sugary yum!

Also reminds me of Butter Rum Lifesavers as someone above says.. I LOVE those things.. I used to eat tons of them. My mom used to say she could smells me coming because I smelled like I'd been drinking hot toddies all day :lol:

Indeed, this is a very strong and buttery rum. Delicious but difficult for me to wear.

It smells exactly like the TAL Block Buster to me. :D

In the imp: RUM! :eek: Wow, that is really strong and really rummy. Very boozy, but more foody and creamy-sweet than I expected. It smells like buttered rum or a cake laced with rum, rich and very warm and sugary, with a hint of spice. It's very golden and butterscotch-y.

On, wet: Still buttery, sugared rum. It actually reminds me of butterscotch candies, and not in a bad way. It's powerful, too; don't slather this unless you want everybody to think you're an alcoholic. Or you have a purse filled with rum cake. ;)

On, dry: The buttery quality is gone, and while it's still very sweet rum, it's less like baked goods or sugar and more like molasses or honey. It's a darker, drier scent now.

Later: Much lighter and drier, and though it's still rummy, it isn't particularly boozy. It's developed a woody sort of sweetness. A cask of rum, perhaps?

Overall: Boozy, foody, sweet and buttery. Straight out of the imp, it smells like buttered rum sauce, delicious enough to eat. This was foodier than I expected, but it was enjoyable. To be honest, it made me think more of delicious baked goods and candies more than it did pirates, but that isn't a bad thing. Even the dry down is pleasant; as it takes on that woody tinge, it reminds me a bit of the later stages of Miskatonic University, with the wood/books/booze scent. I haven't tried any of the other rum scents yet, so I have no basis for comparison, but I'd wear this again. I'd just be sparing about it, because it really is very strong to start.

I love hard booze. I'm in university, of course I do. It's all I drink. However, there is one type of liquor that activates my gag reflex every time I catch of whiff of it, and that is rum. Any kind of rum. When people leave it in my dorm room, I have to dump it out in my sink and then run, to prevent myself from puking. So really, why would I be stupid enough to order a scent that lists rum as a primary ingredient? Maybe I was drunk.

Initial Sniff from Imp: AH! Rum, ugh, strong rum, ooooh. It reminds me of when my friend threw up rum into a Christmas bag at a house party. Nooooooo!

Wet: Not sure how I managed to talk myself into putting this on my skin, but I did. It is no better. Now it is sweet rum. Oy vey.

Dry: Well, I can't comment on the dry stage, as I had to rinse it off my arm long before the oil dried. It did however, give me the dry heaves. Now, if you like the smell of rum, I'm sure you'd like Grog. It certainly does embody a hardy party on a pirate ship (even the seasickness! No? Not funny? Well, I tried). If you can't deal with rum, like me, do yourself a favor and skip this scent.

Out of 10: -56432

Edited by revinn

Imp: Holy heck...the scent just blasted me when I opened the cap. Way too sweet fruits and coconut mixed with cheap rum.

Wet: When I try it on a bit more spiciness comes out but it is still a fruity monstrosity. Not for me.

Dry: How strange...there is that butterscotch...another note I don't care for...off to swap.

Not that my review is going to add much different, but here goes: Butterscotch :lol: Hard butterscotch disk candies. Which is fine by me as those are some of my favorite candies! Only wish the throw and wear length were longer, as this fades quickly on me.

GAH! Butter WTF??? I'm getting rum, yes, but buttered rum. Ooooh this is not for me in the slightest. Huh... Husband seems to like it on me. But I just can't do anything remotely buttery. The smell sticks in the back of my throat.

We were doing some cleaning last night and my husband pulls out an imp of Grog. He said he wore it to work last week and really likes it, so I tried it. It's definitely rum, but not so sweet that it isn't wearable. Now he wants me to get him a bottle of it! Why doesn't he tell me these things before I have two pending orders?

Avast, ye wenches an' scurvy dogs! By my almanac, today be the Nineteenth of September, known far an' wide as International Talk Like A Pirate Day! There's a reason fer a chug o' Grog if there ever was one, aye?

In the flask: Rum, as strong an' fine to curl a landlubber's whiskers! Liquor all right, but sweet with a spot o' butterscotch.

Wet on me skin: Rum, smooth an' still butterscotch sweet. Could be a might watered out, but this still be a potent one.

Parchin' out: All newly dry-like, ye can't smell the alcohol so strong, but the flavor to me nose still be smooth and sweet, and strong enough to bely there might be liquor still stowed below the sweet decks. Past one hour of sailin' this scented ship, it's dryin' out like wood planks in the noonday sun, and stow me if there isn't a bit o' wood in the mix. Still as sweet as the sea is deep, but with a bit o' dust to it, or summat like that.

Five hours adrift: Me wrists be mighty sweet - like takin' a bath in the old briny an' sittin' out' to dry, but with sugar where all the salt be. Twas rum earlier, but tis rough to guess it now. Yarr.

Last watch o' the day: But why is the rum gone?

Short an' sweet: This be the scent of some fine rum at the dawning o' the day, but if yer drinkin' in the morning, ye can't keep straight what it is yer downin'. All goes to sugar, then to nought. But here's the part ye best be keepin' hush, or me mates'll make me walk the plank - I don't take a liking to smellin' like liquor, of any sort ye might ever plunder up. Shiver me Joshua-tree-timbers, if that don't set me out as a desert-dwellin' landlubber! I best be leavin' the ship steerin' and rum-wearin' to the savvier piratical-types, and stickin' to steerin' me computer in simulations of arrrrthquakes.

imp: this smells kinda buttery, kinda butterscotchy. very sweet.

wet: yep. butterscotchy boozy goodness. i'll be needing a bottle of this!

dry: i think this will be one of my favorite layering scents. it's dried to an almost coconut butterscotch booze scent.

Sniffing the imp this is RICH, very buttery .. almost like a buttercream...

Wet on skin it stays rich and buttery for moments and then the booze comes forward and mingles with it..

its a foody booze... has a slight burnt tinge to it in the drydown, then fades very quickly.

Morphed like mad on me... but liked it :)

Completely agree on the butterscotch note here, I also get a hint of banana? Could that be the tropical rum peeking through? This is very pungent in the bottle, almost headache inducing but I put this on and sadly my skin ate it up in 10 minutes time. I expected it to last really long due to the fact that it was insanely strong in the bottle but it didn't. I DID just get out of the shower though, so that could be the problem. For the whole ten minutes I could smell it I also caught some coconut in there for a second....very sweet scent, I think it could be nice if it lasted slightly longer... :huh?:

YUM. This is straight-up, mouthwatering butterscotch-y buttered rum. I be gettin me a bottle o'this, matey! :pirate: