Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
babykitty

Scent for Halloween?

If I have somewhere to go on Halloween and if I can squeeze myself into my PVC pants, then probably something blatantly sexy like Snake Oil. I'll be a rock star or something like that.

(As an aside, I haven't really thought of a contingency plan and don't really have time to shop around for a costume... so I hope that those PVC pants still fit.)

I am going to be a geisha, so I think Queen Mab might be fitting.  Dark, but feminine...unless one of my orders comes along and I find something new.

We demand pictures!!! Cause geishas rock. :P

Let's see. On the day of Halloween, I'll be a bridesmaid in my friend's wedding. So...I'm thinking of wearing Whitechapel, cause that'd be kinda fitting. But I'm also considering wearing Samhain, if it shows up in time.

As for the day before, I'm pretty broke right now and not feeling terribly creative, so I'll be recycling my costume from last year: a skunk. I put on some black army fatigues, a black thermal shirt, and a black bandana. Then I went out (literally at 9pm on Halloween), and bought some felt in black and white. Made myself a skunk tail (that went from my butt to mid-thighs) with safety pins and pinned some matching white stripes down the back of my shirt. To top it off, I pinned some little black ears to my bandanna and a little white bit to the forehead of the bandanna. And since I never took the costume apart, I'll be wearing it again this year. ...but I don't know what perfume to wear with it. Is it odd to be a really yummy smelling skunk? ...I certainly don't want to find any stinky perfume -- that's going a bit too far with the entire costume.

Any recommendations as to what I should wear with the skunk costume? I've got Katharina, Whitechapel, Scherezade, Embalming Fluid, Blue Moon, Chaos Theory XVII (smells like cucumber, cedar, and lemon/lime, and snow), and about a dozen other imps laying around...

And I was thinking of wearing Wanda to the bacherlorette party on Friday night...

Hmm...skunk fragrance? anything with neroli in it! Ha!

Maybe you could go to the mall & visit the perfume counters--a spritz of this & that. Then you could go as Pepe Le Pue :P

If I don't get Samhain in time, I'll probably slather on some combination of Jack, Three Witches, and Bruja.

:P

Oh dear, how am I supposed to know what I will be wearing on the 31st? I don't even know what I will wear tomorrow! :D

It will completely depend on my mood that day. Samhain won't be an option unfortunately (I am in Canada so my bottle won't make it here on time). At the moment I am on a huge Haunted kick so that would be appropriate... or maybe Tombstone if I want something more rugged. Ha! I can imagine the conversations : "Mmmh, smells good! What's your perfume?" " Tombstone..." :P

Unfortunately, I have to work on Halloween...I'll probably end up wearing Lightning since it could pass for a nice-smelling soap (we aren't supposed to wear perfume), but if I had my druthers, I'd be wearing either Lust, Gluttony, or Harlot.

Unfortunately, I have to work on Halloween...I'll probably end up wearing Lightning since it could pass for a nice-smelling soap (we aren't supposed to wear perfume), but if I had my druthers, I'd be wearing either Lust, Gluttony, or Harlot.

Why aren't you supposed to wear perfume? I don't think I know anyone with that rule at work.

Why aren't you supposed to wear perfume? I don't think I know anyone with that rule at work.

Well....I know that when my sister worked for See's Candies she wasn't allowed to wear perfume, body spray, or any other scented products. This was mainly because she was going to be handling the chocolates and apparently it's super easy for the chocolates to absorb some of the perfume... Which was weird to discover, but it kinda makes sense. On the other hand, I'd never work there. First of all, I couldn't stand to not wear perfume. Secondly, have you seen the uniforms they make their employees wear? I'd feel completely ugly.

Though I'm not working at the moment, as a nurse we're requested to wear "subtle" fragrance as not to offend any of our clients/residents/patients. Too much perfume could trigger an allergy attack in some sensitive patients.

I'm with you, BabyKitty, Zombi would be my choice. :P

I love Zombi, even if my man does say it makes me smell like I've been rolling around in the garden. :D

~ Penance

I'm excited to see that others are thinking about this...I'm perfuming to match my costume. I'll be going as Poison Ivy. I'm working some roses into the ensemble to match my mask, so I'll be highly scented in Blood Rose.

I'm hoping that the final effect will be sexy as hell, and that the boy I'm interested in won't be able to resist at least one kiss... :P :D

I get many chances to celebrate Halloween this month, which is good because I didn't do much last year and I was in Thailand the year prior. So I'm overdue!

Tonight I will be going to a Halloween party doing my best to portray an Elegant Gothic Lolita, but due to the limited funds of mine and the limited time I had to get things, my outfit may not be quite "Elegant" or "Lolita." At least I'll smell good! I don't know what I'll wear, but I'm looking at picking one of these: Red Moon, Blood Amber, Hollywood Babylon, Hamadryad or Embalming Fluid.

Next Friday at work I will be reprising the EGL look or I will be "French." Should I choose the latter I will be wearing something feminine. I do have an imp of Old Paris, so that may fit.

On Halloween Day, I would like to sport the new LE sniffs I ordered, either Samhain or Dia De Los Muertos. If not, it depends on what I'm doing and who I will be with.

-doreen

Jack II, if I like it and if not, probably Djinn. And also my completely *fabulous* purple and orange socks with glittery spiders on!!! babykitty - I love them all but the purple and orange ones were my absolute favourite. Many thanks *mwah, mwah* :P

/hijack over :D

If I end up going out in my Sally costume, I'm going to wear "Jack". And if I go in my spunky Witch outfit, I'm going to wear "Three Witches".

Though, if the Samhain LE's make here by then, I'll be wearing "Samhain" or "Sugar Skull".

-Leslie

I'm just working on Halloween.......boring! I'll hopefully be wearing my new Samhain, but if it doesn't come in time, Jack or Three Witches will be my choice.

Same here-working. But I'd like to wear one of my holiday LEs if they're here by then. So, either Sugar Skull or All Saints. But, you never know. Somedays you just wake up with a certain scent on the brain, no matter what you planned.

I am still doubting... i will be in Barcelona on Halloween so Dia de los Muertos would be very appropriate but... i don't have that :D

Jack is lovely but Barcelona is still hot (27 degree celcious) so maybe that woul be a bad idea, besides i don't feel like dragging my preciois Jack around in my bag because that will harm the quality.

decisions, decisions... you know what, i let you give me some recommandations, I will re-post this one under the right topic :P

Unless I have Samhain in my greedy little hands, I will probably wear Sin. It's all I want to wear lately...the earthy spiciness seems like it was made for the fall. Oh, unless the little imp of Spooky that I swapped for arrives by then! That would be perfect.

Oh, unless the little imp of Spooky that I swapped for arrives by then! That would be perfect.

*kicks postman in *ss* :P

Oh, unless the little imp of Spooky that I swapped for arrives by then! That would be perfect.

*kicks postman in *ss* :D

Huge hugs to quinkel for sending Spooky to me!! You rock! :P