Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lorencita

Hell's Belle

Hell's Belle

Sweet, smoky and sensually wicked. A thick, steamy scent, truly sinister in its voluptuous sexuality. The perfume of a demon's favored consort, or of the devil herself. Oleander with wet, sweet mandarin, lush magnolia, a rush of deep musk and a touch of spice.

freebie from the lab :P

in vial: magnolia

wet: spicy magnolia

dry: musky, spicy, sweet magnolia...it just keeps getting better and better

verdict: goes on my big bottle list

In the bottle: my first impression was "huh? synthetic banana scent in medicine?!" For some reason the mix, when wet, it smells like that. It's very bitter with some background sweetness in there, and a distinctly smoky and herbal scent.

Wet: it smells smoky and herby, with a musky undertone coming out. There's something reminiscent of tobacco there.

Drydown: Sticky sweet honey fom the magnolias, that smell more like old magnolias than fresh ones, with an ashy, dusty overtone. There's still a hint of herbs in there, and at times the sharpness of the mandarin comes out, and yes, a nutty undertone that reminds me of coconut.

Overall: Heady and really not me at all - I can't stand the sweetness of the magnolia and the nutty smell. I like the idea of it being smoky and herbal, but it just doesn't work with me. Weirdly, I think this might work really well on a man, and it does have a certain sensuality to it. I don't find it particularly wicked, though, some people mentioned it smelling like granny/grandpa and I have to say that I agree with that.

For the first half hour or so, Hell's Belle is (to my nose) a very sharp scent. Not bitter per se but somehow... sharp. It' not a great description, but I can't think of anything else. The magnolia stands up and screams its presence. After forty-five minutes, the screaming sharpness dies down and the florals are much more subtle. Hell's Belle is all right, but I'm not sure if I'll use up my imp. I may give this to my mother, who loves magnolia. I have to admit, I'm discovering that I'm a very selective floral fan, so on other people this might be a huge hit. And I have to say, I've gotten more positive comments on this than anything else. Just personal tastes, I gues.

Bottle

Musky floral with a strongness that makes me wary at first, but the longer scent draws out a smoothness like a fine bourbon I recently tried. Even the liquid in the imp is the same color!

Wet

The bourbonesque smoothness presses forward riding on the musk....what I smell might very well be the musk. There is a strong floral note at the base. Just when I thought maybe this is not for me, the florals back off a bit and let a lovely spicy note take the stage. This is definately not the white magnolia petals I played with as a child, but a grown up version of that scent.

Dry

This is phenomenal on the dry down. The musk gives the blend both body but also makes it a whispery, breathy type of scent. The florals are very tame and there is a creamy spice swirl in the mix.

I get the notion that this is a very "White Oleander" musky sexy scent. I really love this scent. It is spicy and seductive in a sultry, Marlene Dietrich sort of way.

Wet: Citrusy sweet orangey florals with a musk back.

Drydown: Oh that is sexy! Musky and sultry with cruel intentions. This scent makes me think of big breasted lesbian dominatrixes. Don't ask...

Verdict: Yummy must field test on judas_kiss. By field test I mean put this fragrance on her neck and take her to bed. :P

Edited by BlueStar

Ah, this is something i have wanted to try for a while.

In the imp: smokey, moist and floral. I get a lot of gardenia or other such exotic bloom from this.

On (wet): Smokey, sweet, FLORAL. Yes, this is a hot, bloomy, steamy scent. This brings to mind what a succubus might wear as she lay next to a spent, human lover in July in New Orleans. (HA! How's that for an analogy.)

Dry: Still with the very tropical floral. This is NOT what I would call sweet...it is lacivious. A very naughty floral. This is NOT grandma's perfume, to be sure.

Overall: Not my deal, but gorgeous none the less. I've swapped it away already, and I hope she has found a good home, my Belle from Hell.

so weird! i expected this to be dark and brooding, but i got a bright and cheerful floral.

i'm going to test it again. but, still.... weird.

n.

Hell's Belle was in my very first order of imps and I was looking forward to something wet, fruity and sexy!

In the bottle there is a flowery fertile smell I can't identify, I'm guessing this is the Oleander? And I can definitely detect some mandarine here, it's fertile and feminine and packs a lot of punch.

Once on my skin the fruity smell dries down and it's spicier now. It's sultry and smoky, pleasantly earthy, a lazy scent that curls around the boudoir, very seductive.

After a bit though it gets a bit boring, a baby powder smell with a touch of lingering spice, so I'm a little disappointed and I keep re-applying the imp on my wrist every few days to check for any changes but I still get the same thing. Oh well...

Hell's Belle is a spicey, smokey, sexy, perverted floral scent. I love it! :P

I get magnolia with a hint of something rich and spicey (maybe cinnamon?). I let my man smell this on my wrist, and he was very arroused by the scent. Deffinately a keep.

*note to self- order BIG bottle

Thanks to jewelbug for sending this!

In the imp: Musky floral. I don't identify it as any floral I've smelt before. Possibly the magnolia?

On Skin: Very floral, but with this smoky undertone. It has a spicy note to it that took me a little getting used to.

On Drydown: The floral note has faded and now I have this slight floral, highly musky and very ... it's hard to describe. It's sexy but almost tauntingly sexy. Like "neener neener look but don't touch even though you'd cut your left arm to do so".

Verdict: It's got alot of throw. I put some on this morning, just a dab to try it out and its still going on strong. Admittedly, I had a bit of a headache this morning so it might not have led to a favorable review because of that. I think I'll give it another whirl since I haven't made up my mind.

My skin really amps musk, so I was concerned when the note that hit me first from the bottle was musk. "Uh-oh," I thought, "here goes nothing."

It turns out I needn't have worried. As it dries, the musk quickly takes a back seat to the magnolia and oleander while the mandarin and spice become more noticeable. The longer I wear this, the more I like it. It becomes this dark, smooth, wicked scent with a slight tang to it. This is the scent of a woman who breaks hearts and makes mischief just because she can, who is dead sexy and independent and doesn't care what others think.

I bought a big bottle of Hell's Belle and am very glad I did, though I can see myself causing a lot of trouble while wearing this.

at first: heavy, wet flowers and citrus.

on: very sweet and heavy, plus something spicy.

half an hour later: sweet and spicy. i can't really pick any notes out, though.

1.5 hours later: spice and something woodsy. i don't really like this.

2 hours later: still about the same.

overall: this is nice at first, but i don't like the drydown on me.

In the bottle: Musk with a bit of spice. There is definately something creamy and sinuous going on here. The creamy has almost like a cocoa butter or shea butter type feeling to it, if one could apply touch to smell.

On skin, wet: It's very spicy lovey goodness with just a hint of a little floral action going on

On skin, dry: The floral is a lot more apparent, but still with the creamy spicy undertones.

This is a very lovely scent, but it just doesn't do it for me. I think, perhaps, this is a bit too delicate of a blend for me. It's a bit sad, but I know there are others that will give it a wonderful home.

Rating: 4/5

This is all spice and musky goodness on me, with just a hint of floral. It's a little bit what I had hoped Scherezade would be on me when I smelled it in the imp. Unfortunately, I'm either sneezing my head off because it's been exceptionally windy today, or I'm seriously allergic to something in this one... I'm hoping it's because of the wind. I'll have to wear it another day for more conclusive results, because it is GORGEOUS on me.

EDIT: I wore it again today, and it must've been the wind making me sneeze- whew!

Edited by cordia

In the imp: Wow, this is great. I pick up on the magnolia right away. There's obviously more here, but I'm not familiar with most of the other notes in this blend, so I can't identify them.

Wet: This is all beautiful--the spice and musk really come out with the floral on my skin.

Drydown and wear: I've been on the lookout for perfumes that are spring/summery and "Southern." Hell's Belle fits the bill on both counts. I'll admit: this oil is more along the lines of what I thought/hoped Languor would be. If you like Languor, but wish it was stronger/lasted longer on you, then give this one a whirl.

In the bottle:

I know gardenia isn't listed but that's what it smells like. Must be the magnolia, I can't really identify that floral so it's possible.

On me:

Oh how I wish I was getting that creamy sexy spicey floral everyone else seems to be getting. But, I'm not. It's just really floral to me. There is some spice in the background on me, but it's just overwhelmed by the floral smell. And it's not a bad floral, but - hey, it's a floral. And florals aren't really my bag.

Final note:

No creaminess, no musk, nothing but floral on me. Heady, sweet floral.

This is a wickedly sexy scent! In the Imp all I get is musk, musk and more musk. However, on my wrist the beautiful sweet floral comes out, and justt a dash of spice. I have many other similar scents, so I'm not sure if I'd go bottle out with this, but it's just lovely....

This is very creamy, sweet and musky. I've smelled a BPAL blend similar to it, and I want to say it's because of the oleander and/or magnolia. I don't get much of the mandarin other than a hint of citrus to the creaminess of this blend.

It's pretty, but with a bit of a sinister edge to it.

Smells lovely in the bottle. Pretty Magnolias touched with musk and spice.

On myself, it was another story.

Application : Ivy (yes, strangely enough IVY). Very strong for about an hour

2-3 Hours: A very nice version of OLD SPICE (yes, Ivy then Old Spice)

4+ Hours: A faint musk.

This fragrance was not a good match with my body chemistry. My friend told me I smelled like an old lady!

I am noticing the lighter notes work way better for me.This oils p on the Ebay Auction Block.

I wish things could have worked out better Hell's Belle.

In the bottle: Oleander! :P Whoa...

On the skin: Ok oleander... oy. I can't smell anything else. As it dried down, I could pull out the magnolia and musk, but the oleander was pounding my sinuses. Damn.

At least it was a frimp...

Edited by bat

In the imp: Mmm! This is booze and a light powdered sugar, pink flowers and a whiff of commercial perfume.

Wet: The booze turns soft and the flowers seem spicy. Carnations? The powder is still present and seems a tid bit strong. The top note is sweet.

Dry: Somehow this smells like a fresh coconut. It's light, sweet and yummy! The flowers are light and breathy and sweet. The spice is nice.

Category: Light floral/booze/feminine

Rating: 4/5

Overall: This was LOVELY! It lasted through a handwashing and maintained it's loveliness. I couldn't pick out Oleander at all, but that's not surprising. There was something in my brain that said "white musk... this MUST have musk in it!" But I didn't listen. I love that this scent was very feminine and sweet without being bubblegum-ish.

Hell's Belle

This reminds me of something but I don't know what. It's sort of sharp and melon-y and citrusy but still sort of cosy. As it dries it gets warmer and cosier, like mulled melon wine, if that's conceivable. It's a warming scent, like a hot punch. I just can't decide if it's gross or comfy, I normally don't like melon but I like the cosy warmth and spiciness of it.

Very Rue McLanahan/Blanche Devereaux (the slutty southern one on the Golden Girls) . . . I like and admire her, but I don't want her draped all over me.

I smell something floral/perfumey -- I'm guessing the magnolia (but maybe the oleander - not sure) -- and the musk. It reminds me just a little too much of an old whore who powders herself between the legs with baby powder, sort of dried up and too obvious, with a lot of hot steamy stories to tell (of which SHE is the main protagonist). Maybe I'm just really suggestible when it comes to names & descriptions, though.

I don't get any coconut, cream, or sugar the way other people do and think I would like it more if I did. Not one I intentionally ordered, so it was nice to sample it without having any great expectations going into it.