Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Lightly spiced pumpkin pulp swirled with bourbon vanilla, French vanilla, and raw vanilla bean.

I was a bit worried when this first hit my skin, because I had to jam my nose right up to my skin to get even a whiff of its pumpkiny goodness. :huh?: I was about to write poor Pumpkin V off as one of those blends my skin eats in no time flat, but about ten minutes later something yummy wafted up from my wrist and I took another sniff. I was instantly reminded of an amazing pumpkin creme brulee I had years ago. :yum: No spice overload for me, just sweet, pumpkiny, creamy deliciousness, lightly spiced. Well worth the wait!

In the bottle and wet on skin: drools-worthy vanilla and cinnamon. The "real" sort of cinnamon you find in your spice rack, not the red-hots kind. If it stayed like this, I'd be one happy camper. However, ten minutes in, the spiced pumpkin pie note I recognize from other pumpkin blends really comes out. It's tempered a little by the vanillas, but it's that scratchy, rough note that never works on my skin, albeit not as strong as in some blends. There's something that reminds me of nuts too, either fresh hazelnuts or walnuts, and it seems to stick around for a while, as does quite a bit of the vanilla. But woah - that pumpkin and spice, it clobbers everything eventually. I might try this in an oil burner and I'll keep my bottle for now, but that pumpkin/spice thing is screeching itself hoarse on my skin. Too bad, it sounded so promising. :(

I'm really glad I chose this!

Initially it reminds me a little of Jack, and of Pumpkin Latte from last year.

Definitely that lovely BPAL pumpkin note in there.

Once settled on the skin it mellows out to a really smooth pumpkin vanilla buttercream sort of scent.

It's really wearable and a great choice for a foodie like me!! Oddly, I'd describe the scent as being very 'Safe' just because it's so wearable! And most of the things I go for tend to be the more wacky bpal creations.

5/5 ! :wub2:

This is very Pumpkin Latte 2010 lite on me. I suspect, like that one, I need to tuck it away for six months before I test it again.

Thoughts before testing: I've never had a burning desire to smell like pumpkin, but Fizzy Jack O'Lantern was surprisingly awesome. So I figured that my love of vanilla would make Pumpkin V a safe bet!

Wet: This is pure spices on my skin. Not a hint of pumpkin or vanilla.

Dry down: Thank goodness, the vanilla starts to peek through and tame the spice overload. At this stage, it's a very nice vanilla and spice mix with just a hint of something buttery in the background.

Dry: After about an hour, this morphs into pure maple syrup :eek: It's a very realistic maple syrup because my roommate wanted to know where I was hiding the waffles :rofl:

Final thoughts: The wet and dry stages are just too much for me no matter how pretty the dry down is.

Verdict: Off to the sales!

For sheer convenience, given that I can't seem to find the time to properly put my latest 2 BPAL packages away, I've worn this blend 3 times now! I also really like it :wub2:

It does remind me of Pumpkin Latte minus the latte/coffee (never came off as very pumpkiny). I do smell a spiced buttercream. Strangely, I don't get a lot of Pumpkin from this. I don't care though, it's gooooood. Debating if I need a backup.

This is fantastic!!!! It's everything I wanted Jack and Blue Pumpkin Floss to smell like on me! I get a nice pumpkin-y scent with cinnamon, and the vanilla lends a creaminess that reminds me slightly of an uncooked pumpkin pie because the pumpkin is still so fresh.

Jack smelled mostly of peach on my skin, all of the other notes seemed to drown out the pumpkin (it's a beautiful scent, but not very pumpkin-y on me) and Blue Pumpkin Floss - smelled like popcorn (at least according to my best friend). The latter definitely had a very butter-y pumpkin like it had been roasted, rather than the fresh pumpkin I'm getting from V.

Finally a pumpkin that works!!!!!

As soon as I read the notes I KNEW I had to get my hands on a tester of this. Vanilla? Plus more vanilla? AND EVEN MORE VANILLA?! With the spicy pumpkin I love? No-brainer.

Imp: Creamy vanilla pumpkin buttercream with just a hint of spice.

Wet: Oh dear. I smell like a Yankee Candle. Not that it's bad, exactly, just not what I was hoping for. I can still smell the creaminess of the vanilla hovering around and I'd probably get a bottle based on this because I am definitely a foodie and this is certainly that!

Dry: It remains candle-ish and while that's not bad, it's not what I was hoping for. I'll probably keep my tester but that's all.

My skin often amps vanilla, so I was expecting something sweeter and more conventionally foody. That's not what I got. This was buttery in the bottle, but surprisingly earthy on my skin (earthy but not a dirt note), with some spice and a bit of foody sweetness. More unisex and not nearly as pumpkin pie-like as I'd anticipated.

In the decant: Vanilla pumpkin, more candy sweet than fruity.

Wet: Lots of sweet vanilla, less pumpkin.

The dry-down: See above. :) This is good stuff! :wub2: Bottle-worthy.

Edited by thekittenkat

Pretty much the same as the other pumpkins. Spice and pumpkin. This one has a milky tinge, but all these pumpkin blends are so similar. *sigh*

Mmm, vanilla pumpkin heaven! It smells kind of boozy in the bottle, but not on my skin. It's really what I was hoping for from Pumpkin Latte 2010 when I first tried that, but that ended up just smelling like I'd spilled coffee all over myself. This is sweet and really makes me think of a baked good, without being SO foody that I want to eat myself. More like, sitting in a cafe in fall with all their yummy treats around. :D It also makes me think of a maple bar donut, if it were made with real maple syrup. (My partner's reaction when I entered the room after having put it on several hours prior: "I smell... maple?")

Hits me at first as straight pumpkin, which I don't mind because I love pumpkin. Dries down to a pumpkin buttercream. Another pumpkin favorite!

This is sooooooo good :wub2:

On my skin it smells more like different vanilla's with a touch of pumpkin :yum:

It is light but it still has a good through !!! Love it, never no regrets for having bought this unsniffed :lol:

So I brought this back out for fall to give it a second chance before it was off to the swaps. I'm glad I did!

It smells not so great to me in the bottle. Overly sweet and candle like.

At first it's so sweet it makes me want to gag! But then as it sits on my skin it becomes a nice boozy, spicy vanilla pumpkin. Still foody, but smells much more perfume like than candle like. Looks like I'll be keeping it after all!

In the Imp: Super spicy pumpkin

Wet: Wow. This is all spiced pumpkin. This is definitely the highly spiced pumpkin note that I recognize from Snakes in the PP. Just maybe not as crazy strong. There's something intensely sweet lingering under the surface too.

Drydown: This is really strange. The spiced pumpkin note has completely disappeared, and I'm really not getting any vanilla at all. At least not anything that reads straight vanilla. This smells fruity, like white peach or something. Shill does the same peachy thing on me so maybe buttery vanillas just react weird with my skin? A couple of hours on the skin and it's very faint, and smells like maple syrup. The real Canadian stuff.

Verdict: Veeery disappointed. I wanted vanilla :(. This isn't horrible by any means, it just didn't meet my expectations in any way whatsoever, and consequently, I'm disappointed :(.

2.5/5

Fresh in the bottle: Ugh oh..... DANGER DANGER (for non-foodies)! I smell incredibly rich, buttery, heavy, cloying, sugar-frosted clotted cream, smoky chewy double-sugar caramel (sooo much sticky spiced caramel) toffee, which is just so reminiscent of decadent full on cake, like a dessert, but somehow even sweeter with some sort of smokiness. This is a pumpkin milkshake made mostly of ice cream and caramelized sugar lol.

On the skin: Oh wait... there's the pumpkin spice! *relieved sigh* Heavy on the spice and still smells like it was roasted in cream sauce, but I am getting the pumpkin!

After a short while: Wow. wow wow wow just PERFECT... a perfect, ideal, perfect cinnamon spices pumpkin. The spices are so gentle I can't even pick them out individually and they blend gorgeously and *somehow* I don't know how, after sitting on my skin the blend becomes... more fresh?! The sweetness is actually toned down and the dessert qualities simmer down and have a seat. It's like the true flesh of pumpkin rubbed in soft creamy spices! I can smell uncooked fresh pumpkin in here! mmhhhh sooo fall like! Perfect!

Final stage: Buttercream (rich with smoky vanilla bean-- perhaps that's the Bourbon vanilla part...) frosted angelfood cake.. with something kind of grown up in there, keeping it just a tad dark... like dark coffee/spice crunchy caramel. Usually I am not a foodie at all-- but somehow this is not too sweet? 0_o It is foody, but also light and airy, and I can handle it without getting a headache or feeling nauseated.

I have worn this blend several times and from my experience it works best during summertime, because during fall/ winter it just disappears on my skin instantly. To my nose it's a lightly spiced pumpkin with creamy vanilla. I'm still not sure whether i'm going to keep my bottle.

I am still having a hard time just accepting that pumpkin blends never work on me. Furthermore, they all smell exactly the same. Pretty much smells like pumpkin pie spice. No real pumpkin in there, on me. Or vanilla. Or anything, Just spice. It's nice, but I don't love it.

Wet: Spiced pumpkin and vanilla! The vanilla scent is really, really rich. Smells kind of like pumpkin pie filling, with a LOT of vanilla added. Also, she has some THROW.

Dry: The vanilla has very much relaxed; it was really overpowering the pumpkin earlier, but not so much now. It's a lighter pumpkin and vanilla scent(more vanilla bean than the other types of vanilla in here), and stays fairly close to the skin. Most of the pumpkin spices have left as well.

I think I'd classify this as a lightly foodie pumpkin-vanilla blend. 

This features the same spiced pumpkin note as the GCs in the pumpkin patch scents, backed by a light vanilla. The french vanilla is most noticeable to me, but perhaps that's because my nose is able to pinpoint that one best because I have the single note.

I guess this is one of those times where my skin ran away with the spiced aspect of the pumpkin, because this was not vanilla-dominant on me at any point. Still, it was really nice to be able to try it. :) 

Buttery pumpkin note, sweet spices, vanilla.. and.. MUSK.

There's unexpected musk in this. My nose is telling me black musk. Smells great in the bottle but musk hates me and my skin. I'm sad! I wanted a delicious vanilla pumpkin experience.