Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
batsy

Beaver Moon 2012

Traditionally, Beaver Moon is named thus for a very obvious reason: during this time of year, beavers are hard at work building their dams and preparing for the onset of winter. However, we at BPAL rarely let an opportunity for sleazy campiness pass us by! For your pleasure and amusement, we present this year's incarnation of Beaver Moon: gooey apple cheesecake!

Wow, I'm first? (That's never happened in all my BPAL years.)

Ah, Beaver Moon. My first was the original. I have had good luck with these, so here's hoping 2012 is a keeper.

In the bottle: Lambs-Wool cheesecake. I kid you not. It's not as strong as Lambs-Wool in the bottle, and there's decidedly a gooey cheesecake element, but still.

On the skin: Decidedly cinnamon right off the bat. It doesn't burn my skin (thankfully) but it is certainly there. The smell reminds me of a home-made thick crusted apple pie with gobs of cinnamon on top. The apples scent is still the same note of Lambs-Wool (thankfully I love Lambs-Wool) and the more it dried down on me, the more the cheesecake note came popping through. Doesn't have a heck of a lot of throw, not as much as the original Beaver Moon or other incarnations, which is probably good. (Other versions tend to give me a headache, so I have to wear them sparingly.)

Overall: A lovely addition to the Beaver Moon family. Foodies will love it, cinnamon haters might hate it. I love the artwork, as well. Only wish I'd been able to afford more than one bottle!

Beautiful. Sweet warm apples with just a little cinnamon (verryyyy little, as I'm verrrrrrry sensitive to cinnamon) and butter. I don't get an actual cheesecake note, but there's a sweet buttery note that balances this out well. Wonderful scent for fall!

I'm not quite certain what to make it this. Sniffing the bottle, it's sweet, foody and a little hard to explain. I can see how it could be cheesecake, but I'm at a loss to pick out individual notes. On my skin, the apple comes out a little - it has similar apple cider notes to Fearful Pleasure, and this is a good thing. The longer it sits on my skin, the more apple there is to it, from the creamy roundness in the bottle. I approve. ^_^

I get Lambs-Wool cheesecake also! From start to finish, that exactly describes this incarnation of Beaver Moon. I get all the creaminess and spice and rich apple from Lambs-Wool, with the bonus of CHEESECAKE!! :D

This is my favorite since Beaver'versary. Absolutely delicious and just gorgeous.

:wub2:

BEAVER MOON...Y U NO TELL ME YOU HAVE CINNAMON?!

no for real, this is a beautiful, buttery apple scent in the bottle.

unnnfortunately once it hits my skin the cinnamon makes itself known and since my body chemistry amps cinnamon all to high heaven, it is ALL CINNAMONS ALL THE TIME on me. it basically turns to fall-esque, cinnamon and apple potpourri. boo. it's too bad...if my skin wasn't wonky, i bet this would be great. the scent in the bottle is gorgeous!

I have bottles of Beaver Moon '05 and '07, and I love them, but I passed on both '10 and '11 because they weren't cheesecake-y enough for me, and the other notes ended up overpowering the blend.

I was intending to pass on this one, too, but I saw it out at NYCC and decided to give it a test anyway, and I'm so glad I did. The balance between the notes is just perfect, it blooms on my skin into this amazing creamy apple cheesecake with a touch of spice. It's round and edible and really well-blended, and definitely foody and sweet without being candied or cloying. It reminds me strongly of Beaver Moon '07, with different fruits atop the cheesecake.

One of my favorite lunacies in a while. :wub2:

Edited to add: I bought a bottle of this on an impulse at NYCC AFTER signing up for a decant with a circle, and when I got my decant, it smelled the same as my bottle while it was in the decant, but it dried more cinnamon and spice on my skin, so there may be some batch variation there.

Edited by astarinel

In bottle: Yep, apple cheesecake as promised. It’s cheesecake dominant, but the tart apple is quite strong and the contrast is remarkable. Wet Apple dominant on the skin, with the cheesecake softening it and providing background. There’s a touch of spice, maybe to suggest the gingerbread crust or cinnamon spicing on the apples, or both. The apple starts a little shrill, but goes warm and gooey as it wears, suggesting baked pie rather than fresh green slices as it does when first applied. The cheesecake starts to make it’s move at this point, reasserting itself. There’s a lovely long period of balance at this point. Omnomnom. Dry: Cheesecake with a touch of apple. Lovely and unobjectionable.

I've never tried any of the Beaver scents before...and I think my subconscious was trying to tell me something. This really does not work on my skin. I don't get any apple, and that makes me really bummed because I love apple (and I just bought a bottle of Lamb's Wool because I love that scent so much) but nope, nothing for me on this one that is remotely apple. And the cheesecake part is coming off as dusty play-doh for me. :cry2:

I really think this is my skin chemistry though so nobody base their decision to try this or not based off me. Just a bit bummed at my skin though!

I love this one too! (I also loved my Pumpkin V a moment ago) I was hoping for cheesecake and I got it! The apple is of the spicey variety but that is also good because I'm not a big apple fan. This has strong throw and I loved the art too...just wish I could see the Beaver! (haha that sounded bad, lol) :lol:

When I tried this at NYCC I was like yep, I was totally right to order 2 bottles off the bat because it's delicious. Makes me think of creamy cheesecake with utterly gooey, lightly spiced apple topping, and there's also something in here, much like a caramelized and/or brown sugar note, that makes me think of streusel crumbles on top. I agree with the previous reviews likening this to Lambs-Wool meets cheesecake because it really is.

Lambs wool (soft apple mash), cheesecake, and PLASTIC.

Which means one of the vanillas in this doesn't work for my skin chemistry.

FAIL.

In the bottle - LOVELY. I can't get enough! Appley cheescakey deliciousness!

On me - NOOOOOOOO! Something in it turns to...dusty wood. REALLY dusty wood, that I am amping like crazy. This one did NOT work on my skin at all, but the smell in the bottle is so wonderful that I'll probably use it as a room scent, or in a locket!

This delivers exactly what it says it is. Creamy appley goodness. I'm not really getting much spice in mine, just warm caramel apples and cheesecake.

This was definitely the wrong month to try to be reserved with Lunacy buys. I picked up a bottle for a friend, and decided that a decant would be good enough for me. I was so wrong. This is the second Beaver Moon I've tried (the other being the lavender/honey variety). 2011 was good, but 2012 is *amazing.* It starts with a blast of warm, yummy cheesecake. After it dries, there is a brief spice-amping period, and then it is back to cheesecake with a hint of apples. It is long-lasting, and has decent throw, but not so much to announce to the world "HI, I'm Scented!" I wore some to bed last night, and it took me a bit longer than usual to fall asleep because I had to keep sniffing my arms. When I woke up this morning, my first thought was, "what smells so good?" It turns out that both my arms and my pillow had lingering traces of yummy apple cheesecake. I wish I'd purchased an entire bottle for myself.

In The Bottle: Buttery Apply Pie and Cheesecake. :yum:

Wet On Skin: More of the same, with more butter! :wub2:

Dry Down: I, too am getting the Lambswool/Apple mash thing going on here, but there's definitely buttery pie crust and there's *absolutely* cheesecake involved. The last few years the Beaver Moons weren't enough cheesecake for my skin, but this here is a return to form. On me, this is "Beaver Moon 2005- Now with Apple Pie!" :lol:

In All: Medium throw and just delicious.

Hoard-worthy! :wub:

I get a LOT of cheesecake from this and just the tiniest hint of warm mashed apple. I'm hoping the apple will come out more with age, although it is still delicious right now. It's not my favourite version of Beaver Moon (that would be 2010) but I do like this and am glad I decided to order a bottle.

It's my policy to always buy every Beaver Moon and Beaver Moon resurrection, so I was thrilled to get this one even though I didn't read the description so I had no clue about the apples. As a general rule, BPAL apple scents dry down with a decidedly sour edge on me (stupid body chemistry), but the cinnamon saves the day here making this a surprisingly realistic apple cheesecake fragrance. Juicy and delicious. :yum:

The Dutch Apple Caramel Streusel Cheesecake from The Cheesecake Factory is in my top three of favorite desserts. I was hoping that this would be the scent equivalent of that deliciousness, lol. Unfortunately, Beaver Moon 2012 has way too much cinnamon in it, and this pretty much just has a blah cinnamon potpourri scent on my skin. Turns my wrist red and burn-y where applied.

I ordered an imp of this on a whim from a decant circle. When I tried it, I didn't expect to love it, but I do! To me it's the same creaminess that Love's Philosophy has, with real, soft (think snow covered) apple (not fake smelling at all!!), no harsh cream cheese/cake note, and a dash of cinnamon. Luckily my imp and bottle I found on the forum are not amping/strong on the cinnamon, as I don't like it in most blends, but I love it in this one. Comforting and yummy. Win!

I got a decant of this because previous Beaver Moons haven't been win on me - and now I need to track down a bottle. In the vial it's very cheesecake - with my eyes shut I would think I was sniffing at a plate of the stuff, seriously. As it goes on, the apple starts to come out, warm and spicy, and the cheesecakiness dials back a bit so it's just a creamy background. And it stays like that - for a while. Because once I stop noticing it, something magical happens. After an hour or so on my skin it turns into THE most amazing warm, sweet, creamy, slightly foody vanilla. There's still a hint of apple close to the skin, but I'm typing at my desk right now with this on my wrists and the throw I'm getting is pure vanilla yum. I want to cry; so rarely do I find a vanilla that's <i>actually</i> vanilla on me.

I love apples, I love cheesecake. This is creamy and delicious, and just what I was hoping for.

Cinnamon is present, but not overly aggressive. My favorite Beaver Moon to date! :wub2:

There is no year on this sniffie of BM, but I'm assuming it's the latest version. Right away, there's that uber foody graham cracker crust. I'm not getting any cheesecake here, which is kind of odd, as I've always smelled that note in previous incarnations. After a bit, a lovely spice, and maybe a touch of apple, but I probably wouldn't have known it if I was testng blind. The crust is less pronounced and it's basically a creamy apple spice. I wish the lavender BM had been less crust heavy on me like this one, as I probably would have kept it. As it is, I really like this, and if there were a guarantee that a decant or partial would be like this sniffie, I'd probably track down more. Lovely.

In the bottle this is nommy, slightly appley, sugar and spice baked goodness.

On my wrist, wet, the apple comes out much more and is just as delicious as in the bottle.

Drying, a sugary cinnamon apple flavour, rich creaminess of cheesecake and all, is present.

:thud::joy::wub2:

Retest:

This literally disappears within seconds on my skin. :( WTF :cry:

Edited by MiasmaResonance

:thud: This is very simply, a spiced apple dessert in a bottle. It's like a creamy apple pie with a sprinkle of graham cracker crust. Uh! I just LOVE this one. A million years ago I used to wear this lotion called Apple Torta and this smells incredibly similar.

My skin usually eats up foody scents, however, this one sticks around forever and has a pretty good throw.

Love love love love love! :wub2: