Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

In Bottle
This stuff smells yummy - just like blackberry tea, as others have said. Also a bit fruity candle scent.

On Me - Wet
Still smells like blackberries and currants, but now there's a cough drop smell. Not great.

On Me - Dry
Eh. :P Hubby says I smell like a candle, and I agree. Kind of like a Yankee Candle store, minus the spice. Definitely a swap scent for me.

In Bottle: Sweet, pretty, strong berry smell

On skin, wet: Very sweet berry smell, floral undertones, do not smell musk.

On skin, dry (about 1 hour elapsed): Nothing but berries. Extremely sweet. My skin does not like this, and neither do I. :P Far too sweet for me (I'm a musky girl). This gives me a headache. I'm going to wash it off asap. Into the swap pile with you!

ETA: 2 hours elapsed: I'm glad I got stuck under a sleeping baby (she's passed out on my lap), because this scent mellowed into a sweet, pretty, nice scent. The musk comes out to play, it becomes very soft and sexy. I smell soft berries one moment, musk the next. It's a really complex blend, and I can't stop smelling myself.

Edited by talula_fairie

BEWITCHED

In Bottle: Tea and berries

On Skin: The berries are the dominant note, very dark red and purple in tone. They aren’t very juicy, it’s a more powdery berry feel. Next I smell the green tea, but it is quite subdued, usually green tea is very strong on me but here it takes a back seat. The sage gives a sharp green herbal note, very refreshing and helps the berries from being too heavy. The dark musk is a background note and adds a nice depth and evens the scent out overall. The scent is quite light and I really need to breathe in to smell it. Too light in fact, it doesn’t do much for me sadly. Super light throw and short wearlength.

Edited by slave1

Wet - woah! It's a berry farm...fat and juicy berries everywhere

On - In your face berries! after about 30 minutes the other players start to come out. The berry burns fast on me and after about 1 hour the purfume settles down. I get a light musk - slightly sweet berry - tea smell.

good overall, but I probably won't wear it that much. I like it, but my husband hates it.

I do not like berry smells very much--I'm a deep, musky smell girl myself--but this is just beautiful. Very deep and round, not the light, girly-berry spritz smell that comes to mind when I hear 'berries.' The tea and the musk balance it beautifully. Just gorgeous!

In the imp, Bewitched smells very pretty and round, fruity and green, but not in a fake or candy-like sort of way -- it's very natural and really pretty. When it hits my skin, it very quickly explodes into a very strong green smell that is intensely herbal. I'd guess it to be both the green tea and the sage. Then the berry aroma kicks in, and that becomes very loud and fruity. My body chemistry has a tendency to amp up both green herbals and berries, and the musk in Bewitched is not enough to hold them down during the first hour or so of wear. As I've discovered in the time that I've been testing BPAL, if an aroma really amps up obnoxiously on me, that means my body is also burning it off in a hurry and it will go away. And sure enough -- the herbs and the berries settle down after about an hour to an hour and a half, and I'm left with the muskiness of the blend, which is a very gentle, dark musk. I think for anyone who loves green herbals/green tea and berry fragrances, but is a bit shy of musk, this might be a great scent to try, for the emphasis of the blend is not the musk, but it gives a lovely dark undertone to the brightness of the sage, green tea and berries.

In the bottle all I can smell is the berrys. When on me it's still very berry but the green tea and musk come out. It's a nice berry smell, I don't think it's overpowering, but light and nice, like smelling fresh berries maybe a berry tea?

Eech. I think the problem I'm having with this blend is that it reminds me terribly of something my aunt or grandmother wore at some point in my life... and for a long time. That little factoid is just blinding me to anything else in this blend. I don't really smell berries, sage, tea... nothing but "my aunt's perfume".

Mrrrr, I really and truly wanted to like this. :P

Edited by Violaine

This starts as a sharp, minty green blend with an almost ozone-like tang, and quickly settles down to a soft, warm herbal blended with the juicy, refreshing green tea note that I love so well in Shanghai. The berries barely make themselves known: they remind me more of a summer stroll through a berry patch than anything foody. The black musk adds an earthy note which adds to the foresty berry patch impression. Throw is light, but staying power is excellent, getting softer and gentler as it goes. After the initial minty phase, no one note really butts its head out; it's a quiet, lovely, girly blend.

Yet another probable big bottle purchase. This blend is really soothing, the olfactory equivalent of curling up in favorite soft pajamas with a mug of green tea and a book of fairy tales.

Bewitched reminds me of the movie "Bell, Book and Candle" with Kim Novak. It's sexy and mysterious. It's feminine without being girly. It's powerful without being bitchy.

The sage gives a nice bite and the berries are mellow. Green tea keeps it light and the dark musk gives a sensual undertone. There's an almost vanilla scent after an hour of wearing that's refreshing and comforting.

Bewitched smells like berries. It's kind of an artificial smell, though, but in a nice way. It smells like the berries growing in the woods outside Princess Barbie's kingdom, plants that look sort of real from a way off, but up close, they look somewhat synthetic and bright and in impossible bloom for this time of year.

It's odd, because in the bottle, this is far more complex, but on my skin, it's a scent for a young girl in a sparkly pink gown and purple shoes with a heel. The type of outfit you thought was the height of glamour when you were six. It's not plastic-y or unpleasant, just not really a grown-up scent. Good thing is, though, it's subtle enough for someone older and with better sartorial tastes to wear.

In the imp: oooh blackberries!

First application: hello sage!

Then it mellows down into musky berries and stays that way...this would be a great scent if it were stronger. I have to put my nose to my wrist to smell it at all. Maybe in warm weather it'll have a little more throw...it's beautiful but so faint it's barely there.

I really love the blackberry sage combo, and so I knew this scent would work on me. However...(I am so sad that there is a however in this!) this one seems to not want to stick around very long on my skin. :P I thought maybe the musk would hold it in place, but it's not doing its job.

Ah well, this one makes a fabulous room scent, and perhaps I will try using it in a scent locket or lotion one day to extend its mileage. It is truly lovely, and if your skin will let berries and sage stick around then I recommend giving it a go.

What I'm mostly getting out of this is berries and tea. The berries are quite strong -- juicy and sweet. Tea smells really good in this, but it mostly gets overpowered by the berries.

I'm not sure if I could wear this, but I do like the scent. I think it would be a good scent for a young girl. It reminds me of those flavored lip glosses that girls wear (and like). I think it would be a great room scent, too, especially in the summer.

I got this as a frimp in my first decant circle order.

In the bottle: Sage and incense.

Wet: Less sage, but still kinda incensed and maybe some musk?

Dry: Sweeter, I think this might be the berry coming through, but not overly so. A really nice balance. I get a nice green feel too.

Final thoughts: I got compliments on this one! I wasn't expecting it be my style, but it's really nice. I haven't decided on upgrading this one or not, but I will surely wear it again. Mmm.

This one is nice, but I'm not good at identifying notes. It is sweet, but not the kind of sweet that makes you feel sick because you've eaten too much candy. And yes, I suppose it is a bit fruity. And it doesn't turn all ugly on my skin (w00t)

In the imp, I get all sage. Opened imp, sniffed, and BAM! Sage.

However, the moment it hits my skin, the sage settles down and the berries come out. I can barely notice the sage. Creamy blackberry tea is a really good description.

It's yummy, but I don't imagine it lasting long. And it has a very short throw. :P

I recognize this scent somehow, but I'm not sure what I'm remembering. Whatever it was, it must have smelled good, because damn this is nice. Sweet berries that, like a reviewer above said, remind me of Lipsmackers.

Dry on my skin, it picks up a tea background and ends up smelling like blackberry tea (ORIGINAL, I KNOW) with a nice heaping spoonful of sugar.

Bewitched is lovely. By itself, it shouts "GIRLY" and I imagine if you layered it with something a little spicy it would be quite sexy. Yum.

In the vial: Morning dew and something citrusy. Also something like fresh cut tomato (this is a good scent, not a criticism).

Wet: Lemon and orange, cherry, sticky orange scent.

Dry: It gets peachy and plummy.

This has a very weird morph. I like it but I think I like Vice better.

Bewitched is soft, sweet and billowy. Light and fruity. Very nice!

I'm startled to find that I hadn't already tried it.

Strong with a department store perfume smell on application and for hours afterwards. Eventually dries to a blackberry smell with a few other notes (tea and sage?). The drydown is nice but not worth the first few hours.

This is all tea and berries. Very juicy, very deep red. I love it initially, but I dont like the drydown so I reapply a lot.

Darkly fruity and very gentle on drydown. My nose seems to pick out a floral note in this before it settles down into being properly fruity. It’s probably more what I wanted Philosophy’s Falling in Love fragrance to be like on me except that this works with my body chemistry (sadly that fragrance did not). I can detect a fresher blackberry in this, perhaps the smallest hint of lemon and a light, floral musk. I’m extremely disappointed by the fact that this has hardly any staying power – why??? It’s so lovely.

Mmm, I love this. Dark juicy berries plus something soft and sensual that's registering as a floral with my nose but may be the musk, tinged with a hint of green. It's not strong on me--I'm going to have to slather--but yummm.

I know this may sound like an insult to some, but this is sort of Bath and Body Works in the best possible way. It reminds me of one of their good scents and not one of their lame ones. I think it's Black Raspberry Vanilla that's specifically coming to mind, and I love that stuff. Bewitched is like that, only better.

I can't quite single out the notes, though I know what's in it. The dark musk seems to be one that I can actually wear without it drowning out the flirty, sweet, light floral atmosphere of this scent.

This was one of my first imps, and is still one of my higher ranked ones. Light and flirty and not overpowering at all!