Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Shollin

Bewitched

Deep, luscious green and berry scents that evoke images of woodland witchcraft and the raw power of nature: blackberry, sage, green tea, wild berries and dark musk.

in bottle:
very alcoholy (trad perfumey…) smells like a perfume my mom would wear. seems like it will be heavy, not impressed (yet) - those were my first notes, now i've tried wearing it a week after that. WHAT was I thinking? It WAS the very first BPAL ever sniffed, and I guess I mis-read the musk.

wet:
slightly fruity with tea/musk. Much better than my first impression!

dry:
berries come out more. I keep sniffing as it gently morphs constantly but the notes never seem to change, just different ones move to the front or they age and change…

overall:
lovely!!! Only complaint is it didn't last as long, 4 hours and it was completely gone, most of the others were 6-8….

rating: 10/10 Edited by HennaFairy

Imp: Wow, that's quite a juicy, fruity bubblegum smell! Can smell the sage and green tea in front.

Wet: Damp greens gives way to Zebra Stripes bubblegum. The sage pretty much disappears and the green tea is overtaken by the berries. The dark musk doesn't exist on me, apparently, or it turns into sugar.

Dry: Zebra Stripes gum, a dark berry flavor.

Category: Fruit/Bubblegum

Rating: 2/5; Not quite berry, but bubblegum

Overall: I don't think I'll be wearing this one because it was very sugary on me for some reason I can't pick out. It would be nice if my skin would have toned down the berries, but it didn't. Too candy-like for me.

Bottle: overwleming, disturbing, non-specific sweetness. fright night, baby.

Wet: sage, a little green tea, and sweet. I'm feeling exceptionally uncertain about this one, I am getting a 'too sweet scent' headache, and that's not very bewitching for me.

Dry: the oh-my-god sweet has come down to reveal itself as berry. lots of berry. a lot less of the sage, now. I smell like raspberry tea. didn't I already mention how much of a sweet-and-fruity kind of girl I'm not?!??

Later: still berry. I can't find the musk anywhere. I SO need to swap this one, it doesn't work on me at all.

Edited by Juniperus Intrepidus

The sage and other stuff in Bewitched keep it from becoming Grape Kool Aide on me. A good one on a hot day for a ripe fruit feel. I like this imp but won't need 5ml because other blends, such as Yerevan and Hanging Gardens are more to my taste for the same effect. A berry-lover may differ.

The herbal and musk notes blend beautifully with the berries, to create the delicious scent of a wild blackberry bush growing along a darkened forest path. There's something a little brooding and dangerous about this scent (the dark musky undertones?) that makes it quietly mysterious.

This fragrence made me sad..

I had really wanted it - but once I got it on me, it brought back memories of a flouride that I used to get at the dentist when I was a kid...

I had to scrub it off.

I wanted to like it so so bad :P

:P wet on my skin, the berries smelled yuuummmmmy. Unfortunately, there was something a bit sour in the background? Can't really figure out what it was, but after it was dry for a bit that is all I could smell. No more yummy berries :D Definitely not a scent for me!

2 out of 5

In the bottle: I'm almost afraid to try this one. The sage is overpowering everything else, and while that's fine when you're smudging, I don't want to smell that way.

On: A burst of strong herbs, which then settles down into a berry-ness with sage and musk undertones.

Drydown: After a few minutes, it's tickling my nose. I like it, and I think it would be a great scent to wear to ritual, but I hope that's not a sneeze I feel coming on....

Throw: Not much at all, which is fine. This isn't an "annouce yourself to the world" scent, it's an "I feel confident in my place in nature" scent, if that doesn't sound to silly.

I will have to eventually get a bottle.

ETA: No, I won't. I'm allergic. :P

Edited by Melantha

Bottle: floral-y…kinda green. Don’t smell much berry at the moment. At least not noticeble berry. There is a sweetness though.

Wet: Rather light. Must be the green tea. A light slightly floral scent knocks me in the face when I smell it close up. No sweetness. Oh! Nevermind. There’s some sweet coming through. There is a dark note in here. I kinda like this.

Dry: EEEEEEGGGGGGH! Bad bad horrible cough syrup. Bye bye nice green tea smell.

Dry after 10 minutes: OH NO! Wanna…vomit. The smell is not pleasant on me anymore. Smells…rotten.

This makes me very sad. I wanted to like it. Now I can’t. ;_;

In the imp: This smells almost exactly like a berry bush. I can really pick up on the blackberries, which are some of my favorite fruits.

Wet: This stays true to the imp--I smell like fresh berries.

Drydown and wear: This whole perfume brings one particular film image to mind. In Disney's Sleeping Beauty[/b], there is a scene where Briar Rose takes a woven basket and goes through the woods. That is what I think about when I wear this scent. It would go immediately to the A-list, but sadly it does not have a lot of throw on my skin.

I love this scent!

Yummy smell without being too sweet, and just the right hint of greenry and musk.

My only issue is that, on me, it doesn't last long enough. :P

I had very high hopes for Bewitched, but unfortunately the berries took over (as they are sometimes known to do on my skin) and smelled really fake, like berry shower gel or something. I don't know why these berries hate me but the berries in MB:Closet are my good friends.

I decided to try Bewitched in a scent locket (I have an imp on the way to me), since my skin chemistry destroyed it...we'll see what happens....

In the bottle, this is sweet and sharp: the musk is a nice bed for the berries and while the sage and tea lighten and play this one up. Wet, it's herbs and musk with a mild berry flavoring that picks up a mild wood tang as it dries. Warm, it's all berries and sage with a gossamer web of musk tracing it's way over top. Slowly - so very slowly - the berries and musk smooth down over the herbs like a gloss or finish, sweetening and adding depth to the scent in a mild way. This one evolves over the course of a few hours from a luscious green aura to a complex mirage of shadows and light played out by berries and herbs with a blanket of musk over it all, adding a hazy fog to the scent. It's lovely.

in the vial:

Super berry scented - that's the only thing I smell.

wet:

Becomes a bit more complex. I can smell some herbal notes coming into play, and it's not screaming berries (and only berries) like in was in the imp. Oh....weird. Now it smells exactly like berry-flavored body wash over baby powder. Not that it "turned powdery" like some florals do on me, but that it smells exactly like Johnson's baby powder. No green tea, no dark musk, and, saddest of all, no sage.

dry:

Much, much prettier now. Has less of an artificial berry scent, and has become even more complex. For some reason, I can't identify any notes except the berry - it just has a strong dark scent underneath the faded brightness of the berry.

In the imp: Berries tamed by tea.

On me: Sweet berries, some tea, not so much sage, green, or musk. I really enjoy this scent, but I wish it were a bit a stronger and didn't get sucked up my skin so quickly.

Later on: Gone.

Bewitched is very berry but the sweetness is cut with the green tea and musk. I don't get the sage for a long while. This is much lighter than I had anticipated. The berry lingers but is very very light and after some time on my skin the sage comes out more and makes the berry take a back seat. Love the lightness of this scent!

On me, this is all supersweet berries. I don't even get a hint of greenery or musk until the end of the day, when the berries finally give up and slink away, and I never get the tea. Straight-up sweet berries are... not my thing.

And I had high hopes for this one. So sad!

Bewitched is very light and a pretty scent, slightly fruity, slighty musky, and something else that I can’t quite place. Unfortunately, on me, it’s too light and too subtle, and it fades within 30 minutes. I have passed this one on. I’m glad I tried it, but I don’t need to try it again.

At first it was fruit, fruit, fruit - well, blackberry definitely. Now it has changed a little towards more musk, but it is still too sweet for me. It has almost the same candylike sweetness as Sacred Whore of Babylon on me, and I did not like that one either. I was hoping for the green tea.

Sorry Bewitched. Maybe you will find a better home elsewhere.

This would be perfect in the winter or late fall. It has that sagey, woodsy smell and is very sweet and herbal. I may get a bottle in the fall.

In the vial this was a woodsy, berry, tea scent. When I put it on it instantly turned to a tart berry smell. No more wood, no more tea...just tart berries. Boy, I am having a bad scent week!

As I read these other reviews it's amazing how different these oils smell on other people!!

In the imp it is berry with green undertones to it.

On me it sweetens up a lot, and very berryish sort of like Bordello is but doesn't smell anything like Bordello. Sort of like Lady Macbeth without the wine with a hint of green.

What I find remarkable is usually scents containing musk completely overwhelm me and I usually hate all musk besides white musk, but this didn't do that! I can't even smell the musk in it actually. I also hate green scents and although I get a bit of green, it still smells great. I love berry scents and this is definitely a lovely berry scent. LOVE IT.

berries are hit or miss for me, but bewitched is thankfully a hit! i mostly get musk and berries-i can't really pick out any other notes, but it is musky-sweet and smells divine!

Berries!

At first I wasn't too sure about this one.....but it has won me over gradually and I'm so very glad I didn't get rid of it! :D

On my skin it's first berries, but with a 'twist'....I guess that would be the sage. As It dries a very nice musk is added to the berries and I just love it!

Only thing is....the berries fade relatively quickly so if I want them to hang around longer I'll have to reapply more often......but I'm just as happy with just the musk, so it depends on the mood :P

In the bottle: Mmmmmm!!! This smells delicious! Not quite edible, as there's a definite piney underscent, perhaps a bit soapy, but that makes me think "fresh and clean!" I think - I hope I'm going to like this.

Wet: It's not in the descriptions, but there really is something piney or green. The sage, maybe? My nose knows nothing. But I'm getting more of an "under the dense canopy" feel than I am of "Yummy! Berries!"

Drying: Ah, here come the berries. I'm going all mouth-watery. This scent doesn't seem as intense on me as, say, Absinthe. Absinthe totally wrapped itself around me and had its way. I feel more power over myself with Bewitched, but I'm getting a similar "pulse point vibration." I want to smell this. I keep extending my neck and sniffing, like a hound who has found something totally enthralling. It's like being ensnared in a spiderweb; I am certainly big enough and strong enough to burst through it on my own - it's an ethereal thing - but it's definitely there, and it's definitely affected me.

The soapiness seems to have diminished; my wrists smell very pleasant. I thought I detected a faint vanilla scent, buttery or creamy. That couldn't be the musk, could it? The berry fragrance doesn't seem overly synthetic; it's juicy and fragrant. Dusky. I get a sense of herbs, though as it dries it seems to lose that deep green. This isn't necessarily a detraction, as I adore berries and if it wants to smell like berries, hey, I'm happy! [EDIT: As it dries a bit further, the slight sharpness of the sage comes back into play. This scent is also long-lasting; it doesn't throw far, but it stays on my skin.]

Afternotes: This is a light, teasing scent, something to seek out rather than something that swaggers up and claims "I'm here!" Sweet, fruity, creamy, and a bit airy. Mellow and confident. It's smooth; the scents and underscents blend together in a way that reminds me of a crisp and pleasant summer kitchen, or a light and comfortable sitting room with the faintest calming potpourri. I feel very pleasant and centered; aware, mindful, positive. I feel ready to live, and dream. A bit earthy, but a bit more brightly fey. It may be a "young" smell - if not Maiden, then vibrant Mother - and I hesitate just a bit because of that, but overall, I am lovestruck. This is a definite keeper. Mineminemine. You can't have it!

Scott-sniff: "Mmm-hmm! You smell good!"

Verdict: Definite keeper. I would like more, also. Perhaps not a 5ml yet, but at least an imp always around.