Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

This is a very sweet and creamy scent. It borders on cloying, but doesn't quite cross the line. Something about it just smells a little "off" to me, but that could just be a wacky skin chemistry thing, I suppose. Oh well, I'll be passing it along.

My oh my. This might be my new favorite scent. This is heaven in a bottle. Soft, sweet, subtle, clean, yet intriguing (not dull). I have nothing but praises for this lovely oil. I know this one will get upgraded to a full bottle. LOVE it!

First time out, I didn't like it - it was too much cherry. I gave it another try a few days later, and now I love it. It's warm, creamy, spicy and sexy. I'm not sure where the cherries went, or maybe my nose decided they were ok. I've been trying lots of vanilla scents lately, and adore them all.

I seem to have all hits with my first lab order!

This one I love too! :P The dragon's blood gives just a little extra 'oomph' and fruitiness to the honey and vanilla.

It's sweet, but not *too* sweet......girly with a twist :D I think I need a bottle of this when my imp runs out !

I always have problems reviewing the Ars Draconis because I don't have a clue what Dragon's Blood resin smells like.

In the bottle: marzipan and cherry. I don't like cherries and I don't like marzipan, so that's a bad start.

On my skin: wow it gets much drier. It makes me think of cinnamon... and we love cinnamon, we do!

After a couple of hours: it disappears quite quickly, I should reapply yet. There's only a tiny hint of cherry left, and well, cherries aren't my friend.

Verdict: I'm confused... I had moments when I found it so great, and others when I thought it was too sweet for me. Have to try it in the future again.

My skin just goes nuts with vanilla. The dragon's blood makes an appearance as a slightly spiced, watery cherry - but is mostly drowned out by a slightly honey/creamy vanilla. It's pretty and unassuming, but I'm not particularly wow-ed by it either.

However, I'm working at a reception desk and I'm getting tons of compliments from people walking through. "Mmm! Something smells like vanilla!" ... "Ooo! It smells really good out here!"

This is sticky-sweet, warm and delicious yumminess when sniffed from the vial! It’s so strong and so yummy! My skin makes this even sweeter and stickier and warmer – it’s just gorgeous with it’s sweet honeyed vanilla over the warm dragon’s blood resin; one of my friends said he could smell coconut! Even after a few hours this is still sweetly strong, though the less-sweet honey comes out more to the fore as the vanilla fades into the background. Mmm!

this is the scent equivalent to comfort food for me.

Very heavy on the vanilla - like a creme brulee or sugar cookie. But the dragon's blood keeps it from being too foodie.

Wet this is all vanilla but on the dry down the dragon's blood comes to the surface. This gives it a nice edge.

Perfect for those days when you find yourself counting to 10 way too many times so as not to throttle someone. Good thing I have 5ml of this! I count to 10 ALOT.

This is interesting. I had an imp of this that I got straight from the lab and it pretty much smells like straight up french vanilla.

I swapped for a bottle with someone recently and it's a whole new world.

In the bottle: Dragons blood and sweet

On me: Much more complex - sugar and fruit and WOW!

in the bottle: Odd. My first time sniffing anything with Dragon's Blood. I assume I smell that mixed with something fruity... though it also gives me a slightly odd plasticy feeling.

wet: Smoky, fruity, smooth, a little spicy... the plasticyness is more waxy now?

dry: This scent confuses me. Probably because I'm not familiar with Dragon's Blood... it's fruity and smooth with some vanilla, but it is still rathery plasticy... like plastic cherries?

overall impression: This is pretty yummy... but mostly makes me curious about what a single note of Dragon's blood would smell like. On one sniff I really like it, and I really want to like it, something in ther makes me feel like a warm and cozy little kid, but on the next sniff I'm wondering why I smell like cherries and plastic :\ ... like, a cherry crayon?

B-

Edited by Natch

In the bottle: a generalized sweet, creamy scent. The vanilla is not as dominant as I thought it would be.

Initial application: I inadvertantly (sp?) layered this with Burt's Bees Milk & Honey body lotion, so the honey is really amped. I'm guessing that the creaminess is due to the vanilla, but I'm still not getting a distinct note.

Drydown: the vanilla is coming out a little bit. This is a sweet, pretty scent, though slightly artificial on me. It smells like a good quality honey-scented soap or lotion. I'd like to try it on its own to see if the vanilla and dragon's blood shows up.

Smiley rating: :P

This scent is incredibly comforting... like being tucked into bed for sweet dreams. It's a gentle blend; softly sweet, fruity, and creamy. It has a definite presence, but isn't overwhelming. I get smell of the almond and cherries others have mentioned, and although I don't usually like cherry, I LOVE this. On me, the dragon's blood fades a bit after about 45 minutes, leaving a lightly fruity vanilla to linger. It's wonderful.

I don't get vanilla from this one at all. At first, it reminded me of a cherry spritzer. Cherry but light and fuzzy. It then started turning sweeter sweeter until it turned into sugary sweet baby powder. *pout* Not what I wanted at all.

I'm going to give it another go before trading off my imp, but this one was a heartbreaker. I love fruity vanilla and that's what I was hoping for after reading the reviews.

How is it that I have never reviewed this?

I suppose its for the same reason the imp sat around in my imp bowl for two years....at some point I must have tested it enough to decide to keep it, but never wore it again.

That said, I found it earlier this summer, and tried it out. I thought, my god, this is gorgeous! I love the spicy red floral note of Dragon's Blood (that's what it reminds me of, a spicy red flower. Though I know what it really looks like, I imagine it as a tropical red carnation if that makes any sense). But even more, I love vanilla and honey, and this is one of my to die for vanilla scents. (As much as I like Dorian, it ends up being a bit too masculine for me).

anyway, I wore it and wore it, and put it on my bottle list. Finally bought a bottle on ebay.

Sweet scents are my comfort scents, and this is no exception. that spicy vanilla blend is gorgeous, and this scent also lasts and lasts on me.

My ex said it was too sweet, but I don't agree. And I dumped him anyway. But the Dragon's Milk stays! :P

This is by far my favorite in the Ars Draconis series....I like Ladon a lot too, but I like this more!

In the imp: Sweet, but with an edge, something biting. It's a summery kind of scent.

Wet: I like it - sweet with a bite. I can pick out the vanilla, and a sharp quality.

Dry: Sweet without being foody. I think it's pretty. I let my husband sniff it. He says "This is unfortunate but it smells like a urinal cake" No! I'd be too embarrassed to wear this in case anyone else thinks that :P It's a shame, because I liked this one.

it's not much of a review. It was soft, and the Dragon's Blood in it wasn't especially noticeable... it's pretty, but not for me. I just can't put my finger on it, it doesn't work right with me, I guess.

Dragon's Milk-

In Bottle: Light powdery sweet cherry-ish Dragon's Blood, and a richer note, must be the vanilla.

Wet: Mmm, so sweet and good! Yummy fruity richness.

Dry: The powder-sweet Dragon's Blood smell is so nice in this. So far this is my favorite of the Dragon's Blood-containing oils (though I've only tried a couple).

Overall: I really like!

Oh, this is fabulous! I love dragon's blood, I love honey, and I love vanilla, and they're all here mingling with each other and decidedly playing nice with the other children. Honey still amps up on me, but it's toned into a nice refined spicy honey by the dragon's blood. Definitely want a bottle of this one.

In the imp, I definitely smell dragon's blood and vanilla. On my skin, not so much. Honey is a weird note on me; usually it makes scents just vanish. I can still smell a smidge of vanilla, but I am not really into vanilla.

Dragon's Milk is so pretty. It just makes me want to curl up in bed and go to sleep. Or curl up in front of the fire on a cold day, whilst wearing a nice, warm jumper.

I smell only a hint of Dragon's Blood, mostly it's a sweet, milky, vanilla scent. Really lovely. :P

Edited by Elemcee

I like this one a lot; it's really nice to wear to bed. It reminds me of some sweet cereal with milk. The dragon's blood plus vanilla works beautifully and it lasts for ages!

In the imp: Sweet! Cream, honey, vanilla, and cherry. Almost overwhelmingly sweet and rich.

Wet on my skin: Ohhhh, this is lovely. It's still sweet, but nowhere near like it was in the imp. It reminds me of a heavily scented, high-quality vanilla candle. It's very rich, creamy, and a little smoky. The dragon's blood adds a spicy cherry undertone.

Dry: No major changes have taken place. It's still honeyed vanilla cream with smoky spiced cherries.

Dragon's Milk is rich, sweet, and comforting, without screaming "food!!", which earns it a place in my top 10. :P

Very honey sweet cherry and cremy vanilla. At first it's all bite with the Dragon's blood with a subtle vanilla flavoring. It smoothes out as it dries to a creamy cherry vanilla. I can see why this is so popular. It has long wear length.

This is beautiful. I'm not even sure how informative my review will be because that about sums it up.

In the imp, it was definitely dragon's milk with a very soft touch of honey. Wet, it reminded me very much of O, except without a strange overly sweet floral note that my skin likes to morph out of O...which is really, really nice. As it dries it smells like cherry and vanilla and incense smoke--like I'm eating a slice of warm cherry pie in the dark. And a few hours later it's vanilla and sweet Dragon's Blood and I am in love.

:P

Well. With great anticipation (and probably expectations), I tested Dragon's Milk. In the bottle, it was very sweet Dragon's Blood with an additional touch of creamy vanilla. Once it hit my skin, and upon initial drydown, it was Dragon's Blood and vanilla, and reminded me a teense of Snake Oil, only sweeter. Then the Dragon's Blood blew up and took over. And then it blew up and took over some more, until it was really overwhelming. After about a half-hour, it was pure Dragon's Blood. I'd received a frimp of Dragon's Blood from the Lab with my order, and I dabbed a bit on my other hand to compare. No difference. My body chem simply allowed the Dragon's Blood to nuke out all the other components of the scent. :P I was sooooo hoping this would be another classic scent for me, because it is for so many people, but this wasn't the one. Unless you're someone who has similar "issues" with Dragon's Blood, this is a lovely scent in the bottle and I'm sure, on the body. It's just not for me.