Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

In the imp and wet on my skin, Dragon's Milk smells like a honey vanilla floral. Unfortunately, it started to burn as it dried so I had to wash it off. I'm not sensitive to any of the listed notes, so I'm really confused. But I'm sure someone else will love it. Edited by Shollin

I got this as a freebie, and it's not something I would've actually ordered. I am not a fan of vanilla at all. This is a very musky vanilla. I think my boyfriend could get away with wearing it... if I liked vanilla and would let him wear it. The smell is very subtle and not to sweet. If you like vanilla scents, I think you would totally dig this.

This one is sweet, creamy, well-rounded, and has just the right touch of resin. I love the way the vanilla and honey really warm this up. Those notes sit strongly on top of the characteristic bite and tingle of the dragon's blood. Lovely! I will definitely make sure to keep some of this.

The smell of this in the imp is so light, it's barely detectable. The scent of fresh milk.

On my skin, it is still a very light scent, and a very simple one.

Lightly honey-sweetened milk and dragon's blood resin. Dragon's blood always reminds me of those waxy red-hot candies without the spice, if that makes any sense.

I'm glad to see that the honey in this doesn't amp at all on my skin, it stays a light, creamy scent all the way through.

I have no desire to use this as a perfume, but I think it makes a lovely, sensual room scent. I'll use it for offertory incense because it's such a delicious milk-and-honey facsimile, and it has that extra kick of dragon's blood to give it oomph and warmth.

Dragon's Milk

I just knew that I would love this; my experience with Dragon's blood resin has been a positive one, and I do love honey and vanilla. Despite knowing that this would likely be a hit, I kind of put off trying it, and reached for ones that I wasn't sure about, or thought I wouldn't like. I guess it's kind of like eating your brussel sprouts so that you can have dessert.

Sure enough, it's everything it promises to be and is all around lovely, each stage of it. Warm, sugared, but not too sweet. It's comforting, both delicate and assertive at the same time.

[1 - Hate] .. [2 - Dislike] .. [3 - Like] .. [4 - Really Like] .. [5 - Love]

5 : This feels like me. I used to wear single note vanilla daily (for ages, it seemed), before getting bored of it. Here, a more layered, complex vanilla.

I really, really loved this for the first two hours. It was beautiful - vanilla and honey, truly reminiscent of heated honey milk. The dragon's blood gave it an extra heat and kick. And then after about two hours I caught a second whiff of it and the whole scent turned into baby wipes. A fine scent if you're a newly clean baby, but personally not how I want to spend my day smelling.

Sigh.

Although, it does seem to be switching back to the original scent. Still too schizophrenic for me to wear.

Edited by Madeleine

So I was thinking to myself, I was thinking - I love Dragon's Heart, but it's too. . .something, for me to wear most days. Perhaps DB Resin is just not for me! But I will try this one, because everyone loves it.

Dragon's Milk is like this: :D :) :D :P ;)

Ok, so there's the part where it's yummy like a cookie.

And there's the part where it makes my heart happy.

And there's the part where I feel like a Pretty, Pretty Princess wearing it.

And there's the part where I'm enamored.

And that last one's like an overall summary.

I think that covers it?

But to be more specific, the freshness of the Dragon's Blood perfectly balances the sweet honey and vanilla - but the proportions change the whole time. . .they just stay perfect. The freshness (kinda lilacy, as a friend put it, which I guess DB tends to be) is stronger at the beginning, and the longer I wear it, the more the honey and vanilla warm up. By the time I went to bed last night after putting it on a while before, I felt like a sexy, Dragon's Blood-y cupcake (But no fears, non-foodies, I tend to amp honey and vanilla a lot). It's also not the baked, buttery, obviously foody kind of smell. Oh! We have this drink at the school cafe called "the Pooh Bear" - steamed milk with honey. It's like that, more than an actual cupcake. Yum. I ramble, because of my love.

Now this is what I'm talking about!!!!! :P

Dragon's Milk is (In my opinion) by far the most beautiful of the Dragon's Blood blends. Absolutely gorgeous.

It combines the kind of strange hippyish/lilac smell of dragon's blood, but is so soft and sweet because of the vanilla. I've already bought a bottle of this after smelling the imp once! It's lovely to wear and has alot of throw on me. It gets softer and softer with wear because the Dragon's Blood calms down as it dries giving the honeyed vanilla a chance to shine. The blend of scents melt into each other to make it by far..the best Dragon's Blood secnt EVER!!!

Instant love and now in my Top 10!

Ouch!

Edited by ouch!

Whee! This one is super-sweet. I think I might have overdone it just a tad, though. :P

In the imp: spicy-sweet, just as it should be.

On skin, wet: OMG, I smell like a fresh vanilla pod, split and scraped into an ounce of honey. Way sweet.

Drydown: Finally the Dragon's Blood arrives to add some depth and spice and just a tiny bit of natural "roughness". I like this very much.

Eight hours after applying: Damn, this one has some major staying power. I may have over-slathered a bit (I can see that the Dragon's Blood has stained my wrists pale yellow) but even so, it's as strong now as it was an hour after I applied it. It's starting to make my head hurt a little, so I'll remember to go easy next time.

And there definitely will be a next time. 4/5.

Edited by lilirose

Imp: A bit like Dana O'Shee, but a fuller, warmer honey with a bit of spiciness to it.

On/wet: Warm, spicy honey... I'm wondering if that faint spiciness is the Dragon's Blood? It's a bit spicy-flowery but the floral seems to be going away.

Drydown: Okay, so what I'm getting out of this is perhaps a bit different than what I thought it would be--I generally think of dragons as being scaly, etc. which this is not. Instead, I'm catching a faint lilac, warm honey and milk. It's got a teensy bit of spiciness to it, like a honey made from a certain kind of flower--cannot quite recall the name--but it gives this overall gentle warmth. The spice of dragon's blood under soft milk--warmth and the beating of an impossibly huge heart.

*looks around nervously* something about wearing this feels utterly sinful...

*needs a bottle*

So I only tried this (and Dragon's Blood) out in Nail Polish Etc. and did not buy it. In the bottle there was a definitive DB, but it was waaaay too soapy; the vannila-honey was lovely and soft, but the softness allowed the soap to completely overpower it. Wet, the incredible honeyed vanilla milk became stronger but the soap was still VERY prominent. At this point I made my purchases and walked out the store. At some point over the next two hours the strong soap smell transformed into freesia! It was the strangest thing in the world to put my wrist to my nose and find an entirely different scent than I had when it had dried two hours earlier. It was so wonderful, very girly, with the sweet floral and the sweet vanilla: I really wanted to drive back to Nail Polish and buy it. (Interestingly enough the regular DB also went from soap to freesia.) Buuuuut Dragon's Milk had nothing to do with DB on me, sadly. I love the power and depth of DB and I've had some great sucesses with other brands' dragon's bood and I'm kinda upset that I won't be able to satisfy my cravings with BPAL. Ah well, still a nice scent. I'll go see if anyone's trying to sell of swap theirs.

This is very sweet yet resinous, feeling certainly like heavy cream that is fruity sweet poured over my wrist. There is something very attractive about this that keeps me sniffing it but at the same time it’s a tad bit too sweet for me. I don’t know what to make of it in terms of my own reaction to it.

Rating: 3/5

SOFT SOFT SOFT Lush and CREAMY... :P

This is a staple scent... fo shizzle... OMG... everyone in the casa loves it - esp. the DD.

ItB: Almost fruity D.B. resinous yummy edible sniffery swirling in a pool of cream and drizzled with honey (I swear, you can vizualize it dripping from one of those wooden spoolies) :D

Wet on skin: The same, but playing with a bit of skin... the cream becomes sweet warm cream in a little pan on the stove...

Drydown: More of the same, with some powdery-ness (not baby powder)... like, powdered incense... the overall effect is just killer! Don't deprive yourself... try this at least once - and go from wet to at least 5 hours... It is so worth it!

This is one of my favorites. Very sweet, but lovely and perfect for most any occasion and great staying power. I've gotten more compliments when wearing Dragon's Milk than I have with most anything else I've worn from BPAL. :P

Nag Champa. So happy!!!!!!!!!

Delicious. I wish everyone everywhere smelled like this all the time.

Reminds me a bit of Guerlain Insolence without the florals (??) Yes, that's right....I think it's because there's a tonka bean note in Insolence...

Seriously lovely. Round of applause from my little corner!!!! :P

As almost everyone else here has said, Honey-ish, vanilla-ish, and quite yummy!!! I get a very fruity scent at first, with the underlay of the honey and vanilla. And then everything tones right now and the dragon's blood takes over. Yummy!! Very girlish, fun and flirty. I can't see me wearing this all the time, but I can see keeping this imp for those fun, flirty days!!

Unlike everyone else, I did not get a nice vanilla scent.

All I got was cherry cough syrup! :P

This is only the second one I have tried that I immediately didn't like.

This scent is so lovely, warm, and comforting. Smokey honeyed vanilla with fruity dragon's blood resin. I may have to get a bottle.

Edited by AmandaKay

all i get is cherry and almond, but in a slightly artificial way. after drying down it goes more honey vanilla with a slight smokiness over the cherry almond. still not really feeling it though. ive tried several new imps today and none of the sweet or creamy scents are working out as they usually do.. i think my body chemistry must be off today, so i'll definitely try this one again.

This is a combination of some of my favorite scents, so I decided to give it a try.

Bottle: Vanilla syrup, but deliciously so.

Wet: Still sweet but turning a bit fruity. The vanilla is there, but it’s an aftereffect. In the background there’s something strong and almost smoky in the background, which is surely the DBR.

Drying: The vanilla mellows out quite a bit allowing the DBR to come forward, but there’s still a lingering sweetness.

Dry: A perfect balance of the two main scents, with a hint of powdery sweetness, not dissimilar to Blood Amber, but sweeter, and mellower.

I really like this scent. I would definitely buy a 5ml of it, especially since it pairs so nicely with Blood.

I have had Dragon's Blood go kind of strange on me before, so I was a little wary about trying Dragon's Milk, I've worn it twice now though, and decided that I like it a lot!

At first it is very sweet and creamy with a fruity tart background. The vanilla kept the DB from getting cloying like it has on me before. it stayed warm and sweet and creamy and I smell like a marshmallow in a totally good and wonderful way.

This makes me cozy and happy!

Yay for Dragon's Milk! I will use my imp, and if I get really hooked I will get a 5 ml.

Dragon's Milk is one of my first BPAL loves, so it's long past time for me to review it. :D

In the bottle: Vanilla and sweet, subtly floral spice.

On wet: The vanilla and honey well up almost immediately in a cloud of sweetness, but the spice is still there.

Dry: The dragon's blood starts to come out, with a smoky, fruity spiciness that blends beautifully with the honey/vanilla to make something rich and creamy, but warm and intriguing at the same time. If dragons drank milk, it would taste like this smells!

This has good throw and staying power on me. I get little wafts of it for hours after applying, and it's SO delicious ... both decadent and comforting at the same time. :P

imp: super-sweet dragon's blood. i'm sure it's the honey or vanilla or both, but it doesn't really smell like either of those. just sweet.

wet: now i'm getting some vanilla. this smells incredibly floral, lots of sweet gooey vanilla and dragon's blood. quite feminine.

dry: this is amazing! very thick and creamy smelling, sweet and spicy. if i hadn't received this as a frimp i never would have tried it...

This one didn't like me as much. In the bottle it smelled warm and vanilla-y and wonderful, but as soon as it touched my wrists, it was all powder, all the time. Definitely not one for me. However, it made for a lovely and relaxing bath oil. Honestly, I wanted to stay in there forever. :P