Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shriekingviolet

Dragon's Milk

A truly fae nectar! Dragon’s blood resin and honeyed vanilla.

The vanilla is delicious in this scent and while I've never had anything with dragon blood resin I cant say thats what made it smell slightly powdery, but I enjoyed it. Definently a keeper.

The vanilla is defently the stronger scent of the two and they both work well the compliment each other while there isnt much of a scent change going from bottle to skin.

This is a very strongly sweet scent. The combination of both the vanilla (which on me is sweet) and the dragon's blood resin make this a MEGA sweet scent. After about two hours, the sweetness calms down and I get a musky kinda vanilla.

Beautiful! The honey and vanilla come right through and stay all day, while the sort of spicy smell of the resin peaks at the beginning then dies off. However, the smell is amazing. I caught myself sniffing my wrists all day because of it! It smells a LOT like the Milk and Honey scented soap that some mainstream company or another makes. Definitely considering buying a full bottle of this scent!

Rating: 9/10

I thought this was beautiful. The vanilla is so warm, and I never would have thought that Dragon's Blood and vanilla would be a good mixture, but its incredible! My favorite of the Dragon's Blood mixtures so far! :P

his scent is perfectly balanced. Usually honey notes don't work for me, but the resin seems to soften it for me. The vanilla (as usual) is perfect and is a great addition to the blend.

5/5

in the imp: dragon's blood, with a very, very slight edge of vanilla.

wet on skin: the dragon's blood is prominent, but it's being tapered by something undefinable- it mellows the sometimes overbearing quality of the dragon's blood. nice!

dry down: a *gorgeous* mix of milk, honey and dragon's blood! :D

in all: oh YES, i need a full size bottle right away!!!

:P

Oh, wheee! Dragon mums must have GREAT coconuts! (I wonder how many?)

First on, strong, sweet coconut! (Is this actually the honey and milk? No, my nose keeps saying coconut, coconut, COCONUT!!!). After a moment the dragon's blood chimes in, then the floral scent I always associate with dragon's blood - is it gardenia? Nice. Tropically edible. Yum.

After about a half hour, the floral has completely vanished (my skin does that) and I have a gentle, coconut-y dragon's blood.

Dragon's blood usually hangs in pretty well for me, but in this instance it seems the coconut is going to be dominant. It's a really GOOD coconut, but I'm not sure I'm enough of a coconut lover to appreciate it adequately. I do like the coconut/dragon's blood combination, though, and hope the DB will come in a little stronger as time passes.

Which it now seems to be doing ... this one morphs a bit. I'll enjoy seeing what it does over the rest of the day.

So, everyone else is getting honey, vanilla, and milk? Hmmmmm ... maybe later ....

Clearly I have the weirdest skin in the room. :P

Yes! An hour later, I'm getting a fairly strong honey scent - wild sage honey, I'd say - over the dragon's blood base, but still no milk.

... and the next time I remember to check (about three hours later - busy day at work) ...

1. it's still with me - that's reasonably unusual - and

2. I can smell the milk and honey, with the dragon's blood underneath! Mmmmm ... I'm not sure how long this has been going on, but I liiiike it, it's niiiiice. :D

At lunchtime I'm liking this so much that I decide to renew, just so it won't give up too soon. This time I don't get coconut - I get a wild burst of that glorious gardenia-like floral with the DB base. Wondrous yummy, but pretty intense. I can only imagine what the throw is like. It does calm down after a few minutes, though, so I can go back to work. :D

Now 5 1/2 hours later, it's still with me. It's a sweet milk and honey scent with a hint of spice. Reminds me of lovely warm milk with honey, cinnamon, turmeric, and ginger - my favorite! Still has some throw, still smells yummy and good.

This is very nice. I'll certainly use up my imp.

Edited by celtimor

This is definitely my "scent du jour" as I find myself reaching for it time and time again

The scent in the bottle is sweet and thick - the dragon's blood resin is slightly sharp but the vanilla keeps it in perfect check.

Both wet and dry smell very similar on my skin and that is a very good thing. This is a wonderful scent to put on when wearing a sweater or housecoat so that the scent is still in the fabric when I reach for it again. Everything smells of vanilla and honey and a bit of something sexy from the dragon's blood resin. I can't see myself ever tiring of this one

Mmmm. Usually I'm skeptical about vanilla scents -- it's a little cliché, maybe? But the dragon's blood does a lot to take this out of "inexpensive scented candle" territory... it's actually really gorgeous for this snowy winter day; it's warm and comforting without being trite. Not truly spicy, but a slightly sugar-cookie scent that's very grounded.

THANK you to the lovely gal who gave me an imp of this :P :D

I absolutely love Dragon's Milk. Soft, sweet honey vanilla but with a nice resiny edge to it. Very sensual! Love it.

Dragons Milk

I really want to see this through to the dry stage to see what it’s REALLY made off, but the cinnamon vomit smell is a little overpowering. I daren’t sniff it for about ten minutes. The throw from my wrist during this time is horrifically sweet with a bitter bite to the edges of it. Sickly floral.

I’ve just read the notes. It’s honey. I hate honey. I hate hate HATE honey. Oh, WHY did I put this on my wrist?!

*headdesk*

I can see WHY this might be popular. It’s vanilla-y and VERY honey-y(?) but as much as I want to like the smell of honey (because it’s SO good as an ingredient in things... but savory things.) I just can’t get past they cloying death.

Conclusion: Not for me. But I WANT to like it...

4/10

After I put it on, it's dragon's blood sweetened by vanilla, making the cherry aspect more dominant over its spiciness. But once it absorbs, it becomes a resiny cherry over vanilla candy, sweet incensy dragon's blood adding a certain spiciness around the edges. This one is probably the closest to the dragon's blood incense I burn at home that made me want to find a scent like it, but cleaner and a little sweeter (probably because there's no lighting it on fire involved. :P). I may turn this into a bottle even if the dragon's blood fades behind all the other notes (as seems to be the pattern with me and dragon's blood so far), as it just smells so darn GOOD.

Edited by firewoman

in the begining I got a really spicy creamy smell that reminded me of a kitchen on the holidays. this lasted for a good 2-3 hours and it was just not really my style. Later on though it lost all its spice and I loved it but I am not sure I want to wait that long.

delicious! i loved this one upon first application. its not overly sweet and wow, i'm in love. dragon's blood and vanilla - who would have thought these would go together.

In the imp: Pretty much just dragon's blood. This is another imp I got in search for the perfect vanilla...and I can't smell the vanilla at all...

Wet, on my skin, it's that slightly-floral, slightly-fruity, mostly-incensy dragon's blood note, which really defies description, for me. Coming through that floral/fruity/incense is the pretty, honeyed vanilla.

I think this, unless it goes horribly wrong with my chemistry, might be the closest thing to my perfect vanilla once the initial DRAGON'S BLOOD!!1! blast calms down. It...actually, it reminds me a lot of the earliest stages of non-aged Hollywood Babylon, before the red musk takes over (the stages/age I really liked!). It's fruity and vanilla-y and yummy.

EDIT: So apparently this oil turns my skin bright yellow. Huh. Might be swaps-tiems for this after all.

Edited by Christine Daae

Hm. I think something must be seriously wrong with either my nose or my imp. In the imp and on my skin, this smells like burnt plastic. Nasty. I don't get any vanilla or honey at all, just that sharp plastic smell, even after waiting a few months to see if it needed time to settle. I originally thought it was the dragon's blood, but Earth Rat and Dragon's Tears are both fine on me. Darn... I may have to look for another imp to see whether this is a batch issue. I really thought I'd love this one!

On the up side, the oil itself is a neat bright-orange color.

In imp: Coconut and patchouli in imp. Weird!

Wet: Patchouli... :?

Dry: Ahh now its changing completely. The dragon's blood is predominant. I like the touch of vanilla. Its not too much, because vanilla can smell sickly on my skin, but this doesn't. I didn't think I would like this at all, but I'm finding myself VERY addicted to smelling it and smelling it...and sm... you get the picture! Lol!

Verdict: It doesn't seem to last for very long on my skin though :P Half an hour later and I can bearly smell it! Pity! Very sensual smell. Would be good in the evening if it lasted a bit longer. Although I don't think I'd wear it very often, my initial addicted feeling is waning now. There doesn't appear to be much depth to this perfume, I'm not getting any other changes/notes to this scent at all since the Dragon's blood and vanilla made an appearance.

Marks out of 10: 6

IN THE IMP: Must be dragon's blood, because it smells like Tanin'iver did to me. Cherry-ish, with florals? And very warm, red-orange-ish. I'm not particularly fond of cherry scents... There's some honey and vanilla balancing the scent out.

WET: Sweetened vanilla is starting to come out.

DRY: Ooh, a warm, creamy vanilla with honey and a slightly spicy edge. Nice!

Oh, nice.

Imp: Dragon's blood.

Wet: softer vanilla with DBR

Dry: DBR softened with vanilla

I'm not sure where the Dragon's Blood went, or how I'm smelling this on my skin...but it smells like cherry. Wow, I didn't know cherry COULD stay on my skin. Cherry flowers.

Vanilla and cherry. The vanilla is playing nicer than it did in O. Some of the dragon's blood mixes are lasting really well on my skin, and I am hoping that this one does as well.

After a short while I figured out that I smelled like Dr Pepper....and my husband agreed.

Several hours later, the scent lost the cherry flavor, and settled down into just a very nice vanilla.

Now, 9 hours later I can still sniff the vanilla on my skin. I like that it lasts, and will probably use this one fairly often.

Edited by Aerinha

In the imp: Honey with a soapy scent.

Wet: Vanilla with a hint of honey and dragon blood resin. I also smell cherries.

Dry: More of a dragon blood resin scent with some sweet-smelling vanilla.

Overall: This was a frimp, but it was a nice one. I like this scent.

While the color is red, the scent is allllll vanilla. Unless this changes during drydown, I think it's going on the trade pile. (later: Yep, this is much too light for me.)

Again, my experience of dragon's blood scents is positive - I loved 'The Bloody Sword'. I find this scent lovely and sweet, but very strong. It goes vaguely soapy at first on me, and powdery about an hour after application, but still individual and sweet. At some point I should really get some Dragon's Blood on its own to compare with my various derived scents, but I can definitely tell that it's tempered by vanilla, which is a lovely combination. This is a much more energising than I'd expected - I'd been expecting a softer, more neutral scent, but this is a glorious fruity, fiery perfume.

Definitely a keeper, though possibly a bit strong for me to wear for everyday.

This one just went bad on me. Very very bad. I think it was the milk. It was very sweet, but with that sourish milk smell underneath. I wanted to love it, but it hates me!