Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In the imp, the scent reminds me of hazelnuts. It's nutty and warm. Upon immediate application, it sweetens a bit -- roasted hazelnuts dusted in powdered sugar! I LOVE this one!

I agree with hackess. Hazelnut. It's very warm, sweet, and comforting. I wonder if there is some kind of fruit note in here. I detect a hint of something red (cherry?) at the beginning, but it's not present on dry down. Hazelnuts and warmed brown sugar.

I am pretty much in agreement.....toasty nuts, and hazelnut is probably right, although I would add that I'm getting a bright, frosty mint note, icy and crystalline, at the very "top" of the scent. It's subtle but I would swear it's there. I agree with the powdered sugar part....I sort of get that feeling too, but not heavy sugar like Sugar Skull, not caramelized. This would be something like.....candied nuts dusted with sugar, cooling next to a slightly open window on a chilly day. :yum:

in the imp: yup. hazelnuts. sweet, roasted hazelnuts. :yum:

wet on skin: more of the same, but yes, i too detect a faint aqua tippy-top note. normally i detest aqua, but so far, it's being held in check. :beg:

dry down: yeah, this is so weird its like a CT blend. sugary roasted hazelnuts and a bowl of sea water nearby.

in all: i'll hold on to this, but it's so odd i'm not sure i'll wear it. :huh:

This is my first review ever.

In the imp: Candy and nuts. I can definitely smell hazelnuts in there. I agree with abejita--I smell cherry as well. Pure sugary holiday goodness! I want to taste it.

Wet: Yummy! More sugar. The nuts aren't as pronounced, but they're peeking out in the background.

Drydown: The sweetness has subsided somewhat. Toasty nuts, a hint of crystallized sugar. Mmmm! My husband says I smell like cake.

Later: Soft hazelnuts and walnuts sprinkled with sugar. It smells very warm and comforting. I want to take a bite out of my wrist!

Oh goodness. This is delicious. I LOVE it! :wub2:

I don't know what to think about this scent. My husband didn't like it in the vial or on me at first (he said it smelled like butter, then caramel popcorn, and then dead flowers in the drydown, lol).

Doodad smells sugary, golden and warm to me, with something of an odd, metallic-ish edge. I keep thinking that I smell something metallic and clean and slightly smoky, sort of like the gold smell that I get in El Dorado and Leipreachan. As it dries down, the scent smells slightly fruity in addition to the warm, golden sugar, so it's like a cherry glazed pastry plus a golden metallic. I get a little hint of foodie spice after a while as well.

This is an odd foodie scent, but I like it.

I have to add my agreements to everyone who previously reviewed this. I'm getting pretty much hazelnuts and powdered sugar, with a very light and faint mint/snow/aquatic note on top. VERY faint. I almost missed it in fact, until reading reviews I went back to sniff for it. I couldn't tell it was there without actively sniffing for it. It's nice, but a little foody for me.

Warm and toasty nutty treats which dries down to a salty finish.

The foodies will love this one!

Lemon-yellow oil. Sweet buttery hazelnuts and a hint of lemon tea. Definitely foody, and not distinctly like any other BPAL blend I've sniffed.

Much, much more lemony and tea-ish, lighter overall, no longer rich. Less sweet, still quite nutty, but almost all of the butteriness is gone. The lemon tea is in command now instead of the hazelnut praline in the imp. Now it reminds me a bit of Storytime at DD. The tea note is pretty darn strong here, too - this could almost be a Dorian CT blend.

I agree this has a golden, bright feel - but not at all in a metallic sense, at least not on my skin. I don't pick out any sort of metal note. I also don't get anything aquatic or snowy. Cake, maybe - there is a definite foody pastry/baked goods note. The hazelnut note is very agreeable, very natural and not cloying or heavy as nut notes tend to be. The very light spice if I seek it out strikes me as allspice.

I think there's some red cherry, becoming apparent as the lemon fades. The note reminds me a lot of the red cherry note in this CT III blend I tried, which was, to my nose black currant & red cherry, and I'm reminded a lot of that scent. So it's possible I'm conflating red cherry with blackcurrant, but I don't think so because the fruit here has that slightly mentholic/cough syrup quality of red cherry.

Tea foremost, with red cherry, slightly faded lemon (actual lemon, not verbena, to my nose) and faint softly buttery nuts with even fainter spice. I do get a bit of powderiness, perhaps that powdered sugar note others mention, and I also a big dose of musk - really, the musk reminds me a lot of the musks in Dorian. Great throw & lasting power. Red cherry Dorian primarily on drydown.

Origin: bonus from an Inquisition circle off-forum

Initial Thoughts: None, since there doesn't seem to be a description of any kind.

In the Vial: Nutty and sweet and warm. A comforting foody scent that immediately thinks of being in a warm and cozy home on a cold night.

Wet: Not so sweet now and much more of an impression of air, although there's no ozone in here. Of all things it seems like cedar is creeping in. My mental impression includes a fire going in a fireplace now.

Drydown: The woodsy-cedar note persists on me, and I'm thinking there may be some tea in here, because I agree with the notion that it's a bit like Dorian. My skin makes this a masculine foody scent.

Verdict: I'm going to try this on my husband and see what it does. Not something I would wear for myself.

In the imp I get hazelnut and powdered sugar. Once on it hazelnuts, the powdered sugar, and what seems to my nose (or skin) honey with a hint of dried cherries.

On the skin I have hazelnuts mixed with salted peanuts and the sugar is nowhere to be found. This for me is a classical afternoon snack, fried nuts with tons of salt. I may have interrupted nostrils but I love Doodad!

On the skin: Oh, I should have read the reviews before putting this on my skin. Those are some major nuts in here. Smells like cookies with nuts and maybe a little cherries...

I am afraid that I can't do nut scents at all...

Definitely on wet, it smells like hazelnuts and powdered sugar. As it dries, the cherry comes out , and on me it dominates the blend. So yeah, cherry, soft hazelnut and a swirl of Dorianesque lemon tinged musk.

This is a buttery, cookie blend with ground nuts. There is some kind of citrus thing happening here as well, kind of lemony, though I think it's Yuzu, as this is rapidly going perfumey on me, which yuzu tends to do. :( In the end, its a perfumey, nutty cookie. Not for me, but very glad to have tried this!

Huh interesting. I don't really get nuts in mine! It might have a nutty edge to it, but it's sweet and sugary and a touch fruity or even floral on me!!

The sugar is effervescent, but is not in any way like pop rocks. It's warm, and sweet and almost caramelized (but in no way "caramel"). There's maybe a "cookie" quality to this, but it isn't a cookie. It's more of a hard candy to me. I love it!!

I wish I could pinpoint the sugary coated fruit note that I'm getting. It's a thick meaty fruit for sure. Smells brownish red.

As it dries down, a floral note really comes forward, but the scent as a whole doesn't lose any of it's amazingness. The effervescence dies down a little, but it stays sweet.

The throw is moderate to strong.

I love it!!

Verdict? Unique and beautiful!

Doodad - Will wonders never cease -- another foody blend I can wear! Sadly, I only have a few drops of this. :( It's GORGEOUS. I don't smell much in the way of nuts in this...which is good, since my skin doesn't generally like nutty scents. I smell yummy sugar cookies drizzled with a cherry cordial creme on top. This scent opens up with a huge blast of juiciness along with the cookie scent, but it doesn't have that cough syrupy scent that certain cherry scents have (e.g., Kabuki); rather, it's more of a creamy cherry, like we found in Bloody Mary. The overall scent is rich and buttery, loaded with sugary baked goods and that cherry creme glaze. Wow, this is delicious. It's making me hungry. Want more. Want cookies...

In the vial: Very hazelnutty!

On: Yup, hazelnuts, possibly sugar-glazed. Smells delicious, although not exactly like a perfume to my nose. I'd much rather have a cookie smelling like this than me.

Later: Very faint hazelnuts and a touch of fruit. If this appeals to you, it's definitely for you. I'm afraid it's not for me.

Warm and brown, kind of nutty wet. However, I think this might have benzoin in it because it developed an odd, band-aid / medicinal note that normally happens when I wear benzoin.