Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
blueroses

Mlle. Lilith, Fortune Teller

Coconut and a bit of sugar with pomegranate, pink musk, orange blossom, cypress, honey myrtle, and incense.

I love this stuff...srsly.
Tried it a will call last month and could not WAIT to place an order. This is sweet, sweet wood on my skin. It actually reminds me quite a bit of Brown Jenkins (with the coconut, incense, sandalwood going on). This is sooo terrific.

Hoard time!

Hmm, I definitely smelled the coconut going on. I can also really smell it wafting in the air (smells like suntan lotion) as my arm swings in the air. But, when I bring my nose to my wrist I pretty much get Moriarty straight up, with a sugared rim and no coconut.

I love the distant scent. I guess that's good since that's pretty much what I and everyone else will smell :P

I like Mme. Moriarty, but it was a bit too patchouli heavy for me-Mlle. doesn't have that patchouli note, so I have high hopes!

From the bottle though, it is a bit heavy on the incense for my tastes...I'm hoping the incense will calm down on my skin, because when I sniff it from the bottle, it overpowers the lovely coconut, pomegranate and pink musk I can smell in there!

Hrmm...yeah, on my skin, I think the incense is a bit too strong for me-I LOVE the coconut, the sugar, the pom, the pink musk, and the orange blossom, but it's all stuck under a haze of incense that just isn't me...

Ok, the incense DOES seem to be calming down a bit...I love all of those other notes so much...now the incense is less of the front runner, and seems to be stepping aside to let the sweet coconut, pom, musk and orange blossom be the star!

Yep, I just sniffed the bottle versus the scent of the blend on my skin, and they are completely different-for once, my skin is working in my favor. The touch of incense ties the blend together and keeps it from being too pink or cute...it gives it just the right amount of edge.

I do really enjoy the scent on drydown-the wet scent doesn't work for me, but this really takes well to my skin. I think I shall hold onto it and see how it ages-if it mellow out. This is such a great take on the Mme. scent! A perfect fun, youthful version!

Maybe I'm amping the honey myrtle, but this scent is odd on me :peep: It's very herbal and I would have sworn there was lavendar in there. Medicinal almost with a bit of vanilla. I'm going to give this one some time and retry it.

I love this. It stays pretty much the same on my skin wet to dry. I get the pink musk, which behaves beautifully, some sugar and it is grounded with some incense. It lays very close to my skin.

I took a chance on this because it sounded gorgeous. I was nervous because red musk turns overwhelming on my skin. Mme. Moriarty won't play nicely on my skin, and I was afraid Lilith wouldn't either, but it is fantastic.

So glad I got two bottles, I will be slathering this, I might need another bottle.....

Hmm... I don't know if I'm smelling the incense, or the pink musk... or something else. But on me, this smells like (forgive me) walking into the dollar store. Going down the candle/incense/potpourri aisle. It's a very sharp, fruity smell, and I'm afraid I just can't wear it. Glad it's working for other people though!

This smells remarkably like Flesh-Eating Reindeer to me. I don't know why. Maybe a slight sugary tang?

Not really sure I like it.

hm. I get the incense and musk & little else. I thought it might work well this week, but I was mistaken. Oh well, I'll have to retry later & see if I can get the coconut & honey others are getting.

I adore Mlle. Lilith! I have absolutely no clue what I'm smelling but it's amazing. It's very smooth and for a lack of a better word, it's very round.

Mme. Lilith, Fortune Teller - I didn't think I'd like this scent. It has too many "iffy" notes in it for me. Turns out, it's GORGEOUS. I absolutely adore it. At first whiff, it definitely reminded me of a younger, more innocent Mme. Moriarty. The pomegranate and incense are the strongest notes on me, and I'm actually surprised to read the ingredient list and see there's no pepper or other spice in this blend, because it feels lightly spicy to me. The coconut is subtle and blends wonderfully with the fruit, musk, florals, and incense. I just adore this and wouldn't mind having a full size bottle.

All I'm getting is a sweet cypress and incense on my skin. :unsure: I wanted more honey, pink musk, orange blossom and incense...I'll retry it again, I'm not ready to give up on this one yet!

Oh my gosh this is good. As its drying I keep smelling the orange blossom and coconut. I don't smell anything in this that's similar to Mm Moriarty. Its completely original. I didn't think I would like it at all, but its really pretty and not nearly as heavy as I expected it to be. I'm happily surprised.

Edited by Cheri

A morph-tastic journey!!!

For me this was super-playful when wet. Also sort of cottony. I know cotton blossom isn't listed in the notes, but I kept getting a very sweet, clean sheets feel from this. Everything sits on a base of creamy coconut yumminess, and I think the scent is spot-on for it's namesake as she is right now.

After 20 minutes or so this starts to morph like no other scent I've tried from the Lab so far. It went from sweet, creamy and clean to TART. Like, way tart. I kept thinking of Monster Bait BM because the candy is there, but it's all puckery, too. To me this represents the Lilith-yet-to-come. Sassy, sweet, and surprising.

The third stage is when the musk finally becomes dominant on me, and it really bears quite a resemblance to Mme. Moriarty. It's spicier, though, and less... carniverous? Also, I could swear that I was catching whiffs of Snake Oil the next morning.

I wish I had another bottle. This one's good, I'll use it up in no time.

Edited by Indig0

Spicy orange blossom, coconut & cypress. I adore orange blossom, ever since Khrysee. Mlle. Lilith definitely reminds me of Khrysee. I can really detect the pink musk after several minutes, and together with pomenganate, honey mrytle and incense this blend is gorgeous.

This is a spicy sweet scent that reminds me of Tiki Queen (I think they have the same coconut note and they are both very sweet smelling) but Mlle Lilith has a bit more spice. I am amping the honey myrtle and orange blossom and the pink musk gives it a nice spicy base. This might be a little too girly for me but it is a gorgeous, cute scent for a little gal's birthday. Happy first birthday, Lilith!

At first this smells like Smarties. So, pretty much, pressed disks of sugar with a little tang to them. As it dries, I'm getting the coconut note and some florals, but it's still very "powdered sugar." Some honeyed incense floats through the background every once in awhile and it's probably my favorite part of the scent.

I do have some slight congestion, but I don't think it's enough that I'm completely missing the overall tone of this oil. I'll stick with Cake Smash!

This is great on me because it's basically Mme Moriarity lite (as others upthread have described it). Whereas Mme is usually not appropriate for my work because it's heavy, this would be perfect! I'm super happy to have a lighter, sweeter version of one of my favorite BPALs that I can wear in places where heavier musks are too much.

This really does bring to mind what I think of when I imagine Lilith. The scent is sweet (sugar and coconut) and a bit tart (the pom) or sharp. It has this air of confidence that I think a child of Beth and Puddin' would have. Very adverturous yet smart and mischevious. I totally get Lilith in this scent.

I'm just not sure it's me or that I will wear it often. I'm going to keep it for now just because the label art is adorable. :wub:

have you ever been to the body shop? that's what this smells like on me. the body shop. i like it though. :lol:

This morphed a bit, and my opinions changed as it wore on. :)

In the vial, I was all gack sugared coconut? Uh oh.

However, I put it on, and while wet it remained very sweet and pink, with faint touches of wood and coconut. Very light and playful.

As it started to dry, though, the other notes started to peek out, some of the honey myrtle and pom, and it became something really pretty. It actually doesn't remind me much at all of the Mme, which is dominated by red musk and patchouli on my skin. This is much airier and sweeter. The airy pink sugar reminds me slightly of Pink Moon '05, with the addition of some fruit and coconut. I don't really smell the heavier notes here, like the cypress and incense, but I think they're cutting the sugar and keeping this from being overly sweet.

I think I expected to love this, without being able to back up why -- I don't generally like light fruity blends, and I like pomegranate in only a couple of the darkest BPAL blends.

Mlle. Lilith is definitely a younger, sweeter more innocent version of Mme. Moriarty. It's not that they smell the same... they just have a shared feeling. But where Mme. is all spicy dark purple and red fruits, this is light and playful sweet pink fruit to me.

The coconut, however, is going a bit plasticky in combination with the pomegranate! That is so sad. Also, the sugar, pink musk, pomegranate and coconut make me think of Shango minus the bananas -- it's the first thing that came to mind when I smelled this. The orange blossom adds a further golden sweetness, but I have no idea what cypress and honey myrtle smell like, so I can't comment on their effect. My favourite part of this blend is the incense that gently wafts underneath it all, but, being an incense addict... I want even more of it.

After it has been on my skin for a while, the coconut plastic note of doom fades and it smoothes out and smells infinitely nicer. The incense grows a bit more spicy and rounded -- yay! And the orange blossom is amping. I fricking love orange blossom! I'm getting wafts of it and some sort of floral which I assume is honey myrtle. Okay, this is a nice development. *snuggles into wrist*

Honestly, the more I wear this, the more I think of a girly incensy Shango. And it seems like one of those blends that grows on you the more you wear it. :)

Edited by obsidienne

You know when you read a string of reviews and think, did I get a mixed up bottle because mine smells NOTHING like what's being described? Yeah, me too. To me, Mlle. Lilith smells like sugared darkness. The darkness is the cypress, which actually isn't a note I care for and which I had hoped wouldn't show up. It's not as get-it-off-me awful as usual because it is sugared. It isn't sweet, it's just... like a hard thick sugar coating trying to cover up malevolence (or, to make it a little less abstract, a razor blade). You know it's there, but you keep the candy and take little bites anyway. And it sits inside the sugar and waits. I'm disappointed that the cypress is so strong, as cool as the impression of sugared darkness is, but I'm hoping that with aging Mlle. Lilith will do the magical transformation that Herr Drosselmeyer did- it was universally awful to everyone who smelled it on me or in the bottle for six months, and afterward the cypress mellowed and it is fantastic. I wish I smelled the other notes, I really do.

Edited by Victory

In the bottle: Sugar with a hint of coconut. This reminds me a lot of Arcanas Ganesh (which I love) :)

Wet: Mmmm lovely coconut and sugar. This isn't a sun tan lotion coconut at all...it's not a black coconut either. The only thing I can compare it to is Arcanas Ganesh (very very similar!) I really can't detect the other notes, they're all very well-blended and complex. This is mostly SUGAR with a hint of coconut and something dark in the background.

Dry: As this dries the musk is more apparent. This is still all sugar and coconut on me, with a background of musk and maybe a faint whiff of incense. The longer it dries, the more sweet and musky it gets...like a slow crescendo of ssssswwwwweeeeeEEETTTTTTTT AHHHH!!!!!!! *explode* :lol: If you like sweet scents, this is IT.

Overall: A better version of Arcanas Ganesh. This is a very sweet, sugary blend with gentle fruit notes against a base of soft musk. I think this would probably make a great layering scent. MLFT is quite lovely on its own though and smells best after it's settled into my skin for a while. I love love love this one :wub2: We have a winner!

Okay, both the orange blossom and coconut come out for a giant tackle hug at the beginning, which is a bit overwhelming. The scent, on wet, is very all over the place, floral with coconut and with a hint of incense. It bounces from place to place... like a hyperactive toddler. :lol:

It dries down to a pretty orange blossom/coconut blend. Of course, I am not a fan of coconut, but hey! Even I think it's pretty. ;)