Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin, almond, brown musk, and honey.

In imp: lovely pumpkin (a la PPV07) with honey and almond over a slightly masculine musk.

Wet on skin: a smooth, subtle blend with all the notes complementing each other - light brown and sweet. Cakey without being overly foody. Perfect!

Dry on skin: I love pumpkin as a note, but often it's very "loud" and buttery and not the sort of thing I like to draw attention to myself by wearing in public (it's just for enjoying at home). However, this pumpkin is so muted by the honey and the other notes which are no longer identifiable individually - it's just the smoothest, gentlest, least buttery pumpkin scent I've tried. I love it! Short wear length. The downside is that it's slightly bland.

Buttery, spicy pumpkin and almonds. I can detect honey and touch of brown musk, but the spices of pumpkin and the nuttiness of almonds are in the forefront. It is delicious. This ultimately reminds me of pumpkin pie drizzled with honey.

I thought for sure that I wasn't going to like this, but all of the pumpkin blends are really surprising me this year. The buttery pumpkin note doesn't last long at all here, and I'm not getting much almond either. This dries down to a sweet honeyed musk with just a hint of pumpkin to make it interesting. I actually really like this one. Again, it's not overly foody either.

So on wet I get the hearty slap of buttery pumpkin and honey. Like hello! It dries to a much more subtle scent, that is masculine musky with a hint of pumpkin and honey.

Not my kind of the deal at all, but if you're looking for a nice manly pumpkin... this is it! :lol:

Wet this is strong buttery pumpkin with a hint of sweetness. When first on this is pumpkin and honey with a hint of spice in the background. After a few hours, this is a nice blend of softly sweet honey and pumpkin. This doesn't change much more on me. It's nice but not amazing. It's a good one to try if you like honey though.

I thought that this would be my favorite pumpkin scent, but I was wrong. I like this well enough, but the pumpkin note here is extremely strong on me and is almost enhanced by the spice. As a result, this smells really foody on me. I think I might keep my imp and use it as an oil for a room scent as I LIKE the smell, but I can't see myself actually wearing this, especially not on an every day basis.

OMG I love this!

It smells like fresh baked pumpkin & nut cookies. So, yeah - very foody.

There's something in the background that might be threatening a headache/nausea reaction, but I'm hoping that is still the Pumpkin II that I hastily washed off before trying this one (I think some brushed off my wrist onto my shirt cuff). I would be very sad if something I liked this much caused physical discomfort...

Edit: I wore this to work today and have had it on for 3 hours now with no adverse reactions, Yay! :cheers:

Edited by Altaira

This blend is lovely. It's true pumpkin on me. The honey is very nice and adds a non-sugary sweetness to the blend while the almond gives it a roundness. The almond isn't really pronounced on me. This was very much what I would think Her Voice would smell like with the addition of pumpkin (minus the floral).

Not sure if I like pumpkin at all on my skin though. :lol:

The almond is subdued, but it still might be managing to trigger a headache-- I just keep trying, because I love the smell of almond so much, but there's still apparently a 3 to 1 chance it will cause me pain.

So, yeah, quite subdued almond, elusive sweetness that must be coming from the honey (though I don't sense honey directly), and the pumpkin note is very interesting. Very foody, but not heavy. It's kind of... fluffy. :D Pumpkin whipped cream, maybe. No distinct musk for me.

Argh. I really like the creativity of this blend, but the right side of my head is definitely throbbing now.

This is a subtler pumpkin note than I’m accustomed to. It’s spicy, but not overly buttery like some pumpkin blends I’ve sampled. I’m not really noticing the musk or honey. It’s like 50% pumpkin, 50% almond. These two notes make a nice, foody pairing. Like if you went to a really great dinner party around Halloween. You walk in and the house smells like the host has been baking all day. Pumpkin pies, almond tarts, and other baked goods are set out on the table, fresh out of the oven. That’s what this conjures up in my imagination.

This is one of the most comforting pumpkin scents of the bunch, and being an admitted pumpkinphile I have quite a bunch :eek: The almond and honey meld deliciously with the subtly buttery pumpkin to make it a sweet, creamy, comforting blend that's the best bottled substitute for a hug on the market right now :wub2:

Edited by Invidiana

The almond in this is much lighter than in Bite Me, and works with me a lot better. It's more of a vague, sweet nuttiness that melds wonderfully with the pumpkin. I definitely like this one better.

Last of this year's Patch to be tested.

In the imp: Why, hello there, almond!

Wet: All almond, all the time. At the moment, this is disappointing.

The dry-down: Finally starting to get some of the honey note, and a touch of pumpkin, and a hint of the brown musk deep in the mix. Everything is slowly mixing into a lovely blend. I was hoping that this would be beautiful from the notes, but that blast of almond was rather off-putting. I suspect that this will will do much better with some age on it. Next autumn this should be very lovely, with the almond note hopefully mellowing out. (Note: this does not seem to be the same brown musk note as in Whoso List To Hunt, thank goodness.)

In the vial: Sweet warm pumpkin, spiced with brown musk.

On me: I've had bad luck with the creamy pumpkin in Jack, but the Patch pumpkin note is so different—it's drier, less creamy, never waxy, more like a true-to-life raw pumpkin than a pumpkin candle. On the skin the pumpkin in this blend is glowing umber, slightly spiced, dry and gourd-like but quite warm. It's not an outright foody note, so the almond and honey don't turn this into a bakery—they make the pumpkin richer, slightly sweeter, a little heady, and more golden. The brown musk is beautifully distinct, more spicy than animalic, with a slight powdery texture. All told this is pumpkin spiced by brown musk, rich and warm and comforting, yet somewhat unusual. I adore it. Scent-color is dark bronze; throw is moderate, and wearlength is moderate to high.

Verdict: This isn't my favorite of this year's pumpkins, but I am perfectly pleased with it. It's a difficult scent to describe, unfortunately—the pumpkin/brown musk combination needs to be sniffed to be understood. But the pumpkin is glorious, and the notes which accompany it make for a unique scent, warm and glowing, textured and slightly spicy in the nose, altogether remarkable and lovely. I feel lucky to have a bottle.

This starts off very almondy but ends a simple, golden honeyed pumpkin. The other two notes meld into it but don't actually register to me at all! The honey almost seems... white. This is very pure and light and... well, like I said, just golden. Almost like vanilla, but not quite. I can't believe this, but I want a bottle!

I waffled on this one, I did I did, until the very last minute. I finally just said "what the hell" and ordered it, and am I ever glad I did.

This is just warm, homey, comforting, buttery, almondy pumpkin on my skin. There is definitely a nutty quality to it, and the brown musk, honey, and almond all just seem to blend together into this amazing scent... Man. I kind of want to nom my arm off.

I just want to put on a cable cardigan, thick socks, and grab some hot tea so I can pile up on the couch with blankets and watch the last of the autumn leaves fall outside. Pumpkin I is absolutely wonderful!

A very yummy Pumpkin, indeed! This is the first time I really came up against the 'buttery' note that a lot of people talk about. But as soon as the cap is off and it's being applied, I get a hearty blast of freshly-melted butter. It quickly ebbs a bit so that it just smells like lightly-salted buttered popcorn...and then the other notes come out to play. I like honey, but often it can smell just a little too musky or tart; here, the pumpkin mellows it out enough so that it gives a nice, mellow body to the pumpkin and takes away a light sweetness from its fellow component. I liked it so much, I made sure to buy a bottle. :)

When I first applied this from the imp, I got a slap of almond. It reminds me of the cloying hazelnut scent in bpals, which doesn't make for a good first impression. :(

Oh wow. The pumpkin is starting to come out; its tang is a nice complement to the earthy, rich musk and almond. As of right now, I can't detect any honey, but honey is a weird note on me. And by weird, I mean it has a tendency to not smell like honey at all, but just sweet on my skin.

Foody, but surprisingly light from the pumpkin. There's a touch of sweetness, probably from the honey. It reminds me a spice cake scented candle, except I want to wear the scent. :lol:

Now that it's drying, I think I might love this!

In Bottle: Sweet pumpkin and almond, with a rich background that I assume is the musk.

Wet on skin: Kind of a spicy-smelling pumpkin.

Drydown (3 minutes): Still pretty spicy. I assume that is the musk. That's pretty much all I smell at this point.

Drydown (5 minutes): For some reason this is turning super spicy on me. I can sorta smell the honey in the background sweetening it up.

Overall Impression: I must seriously amp brown musk, because that is ALL I smell in this scent. At least, I assume it's the musk that is spicing it up. That's not necessarily a bad thing, but I kinda wish I could smell the other notes.

Edit: The musk seems to finally be calming down a little bit, but man, what a drydown stage!

Edited by Kaylee

in the imp: brown and sugary. reminds me of sugar skull.

wet: the lab's pumpkin note, almond coffee syrup, and a sweetness that i'm going to assume is the brown musk- i've never worn a blend that uses brown musk

dry: slightly pumpkiny, the same brown sugar note, and honey. very warm without spice.

i really like this one but i wish there was a touch of spice to this.

This smells very nice. Like brown sugar and pumpkin. Not too strong, and not too foody or cloying.

In the bottle - Sharp pumpkin and a touch of honey

Wet on me - Fruitier, sweeter pumpkin; an almost berryish note

Dry on me - A soft, sweet, candied pumpkin scent

Overall - Very pretty and wearable

Wet: wet sweet pumpkin with loads of honey and sugar top of almond that makes you think it's not really almond. The pumpkin and honey take over. Very sweet. I just woke up. I need a huge cinnamon bun and some marzipan dutch pastries right now.

Drydown: I can smell musk but can't really identify it as brown,because it's still melding with the pumpkin. Slight noticeable almond smell now. Mmm. Great after it burns down. I wish it had a little more brown musk but it's still great.

When I first tried Pumpkin I, it was nice but too sweet for my taste, so I put it up for swaps. Luckily, it never found a taker, because I have just tried it again, and a whole year of aging has really worked wonders.

All the components now combine harmoniously into a soft, buttery, eminently wearable cake-like scent. Gourmand perfume at its finest!

I may not hunt down a full bottle because there are only so many pumpkin scents I can wear, but I am certainly adding it to my fragrant cucurbitaceae arsenal.