Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jupiternf

White Chocolate and Sugared Violets

White chocolate and sugared violets.

This one was a sugary chocolate with just the faintest hint of violet. As it dried, the violet was a little more powdery so it smelled like chocolate powder, with a faint violet hint.

*shrug* Edited by zankoku_zen

A total novelty sniff, at least for me - wet, there's deep violets & bitter cocoa, but as it dries, more of the white chocolate comes out. This is Milky Bars white chocolate, a wee bit plasticky, but that's half the charm :lol: Left to its own devices, it fades to a nice soft, warm violets-&-cream scent - very dainty & pretty... if I had a little girl, I'd want her to smell like this, and wear deep violet-colored ribbons in her hair :)

In the bottle: White chocolate and the slightest essence of something very lightly floral.

On, wet: I smell the sugared violets for the briefest of moments before the white chocolate completely takes over. Much like my experience with White Chocolate and Strawberry, the white chocolate is the dominant force here, completely overpowering the sugared violets.

On, dry: Plain white chocolate, which to my nose does smell different than either the milk chocolate or the dark chocolate notes. It's very sweet, but without the hint of violets that I'd been hoping for.

I knew it !

I ! KNEW! IT !

This one is a no go for me... *sigh*

as all chocolate scents do on me, it goes sour and rancid,

like chocolate-flavored yoghurt... :sick:

The other thing NO!NO! on this is a very perfume-y strange flower note,

but I can´t really identify it as violets.

The flower lingers around for HOURS and wouldn´t wash of.

All the box of chocolates sounded so good to me,

so I had to buy em all - this was the one I had the highest hopes for,

but saddly - its not for me.

I guess, non of the Boxies will be for me.. but they are devine in the bottle,

so yeah - I keep em just to have em.

:cry2:

Sad this is..

While Faith turned into a sickly sweet gag inducing violet, this one is actually pretty nice. I don't like white chocolate personally, but I never got that strange white chocolate smell from this. This was definitely still a sweet violet, but it is a pretty blend.

I am not a floral fan by any means, violet included but wanted to give this one a whirl and it's actually pretty nice. The white chocolate really foods up the violet, making it wearable for me. It reminds me of Isle of Eden's A Violet's Dream Come True, which again, not a 'me' scent but not bad at all.

I actually put some White Chocolate/Sugared Violets on one arm and IoE Violet's Dream Come True bath cream on the other, and had I not known which arm I'd put which on, I don't think I'd have been able to tell the difference.

I like, but don't love, both of those -- in fact, there is something about each of them that I actively dislike -- but yet I find myself using that bath cream pretty regularly. I am actually considering buying a bottle of the BPAL scent. (Hmm.. maybe a partial would satisfy me well enough.)

so far all the chocolate scents seem to end up as sugared sweetness on my wrists, and this is no exception. kind of sad, really. someday i might find a chocolate scent from the lab that works for me.

In the vial: Hello herbal. There's a hit of sugar too, but mostly I'm getting a dark wet herbal, not at all thin light violets I was expecting but instead something rather reminiscent of the catnip in 13 April 07.

On me: I'd never smelled violets in perfume, and so I didn't know what to expect—but I certainly didn't expect this. The white chocolate is present, sweet and pale and smooth, but it's far secondary to the herbal violets. On drydown they lose their wetness, resolving to a dry and almost powdery herbal, dark green and deep. They die off a bit with wear, but remain the dominant aspect of the blend, and still remind me strongly of 13 April 07. Scent-color is powdery deep green. Throw is moderate to low.

Verdict: I wish the white chocolate were a bit more present, but even if it were I doubt a sugary herbal would delight be. I'll retest this in a few more days, to see if the scent is still settling after shipping, but as it is this is just too herbal, too light on the chocolate, and all-around too odd for me. I'll trade away my imp.

ETA: As it wears, the stark herbal nature of the violets continues to dry down. Within an hour this becomes much more pleasant, a soft powdery herbal against a more noticeable sweet white chocolate. However, it never quite reaches the point where I enjoy it. While it improves as it wears, I'll still pass along my imp.

Edited by Juushika

In the bottle, this is just chocolate.

On me, it's chocolate (I can't tell the difference between milk and white when I'm wearing it) over a little bit of sugared violets. Nice, but it's not knocking Faith out of her position as my favorite violet scent. I think this needs to age a bit more.

Wanna know what this one reminds me of?

NUMB.

Ickyness for sure. I don't catch any white chocolate in this at all except for this nice 5 minute stretch in the drydown phase. Other than that, it's all powdery old violet candy.

overall rating? 1 out of 5.

This smells like white chocolate with sugared violets, surprise surprise! :lol:

Antique Lace smells just like white chocolate to me too, so this is like Antique Lace mixed with Parma Violets.

It's nice but I think I'll end up selling/swapping this one as it doesn't seem to last long on me.

Exactly what it says. Sweet sweet white chocolate and soft violets. The chocolate comes out on top — this is a really fun one!

White Chocolate and Sugared Violets

In the imp: at first I sniffed it and thought ‘mouldy damp sponge??’ second time I sniffed it-milk chocolate (not white) and Faith-like violet.

Wet on skin: phew, no more mouldy sponge, and lots of sugared violets!

Dry on skin: sugared violet is dominant for now. It reminds me of Faith but it is less powdery, less ‘Parma Violet’ scented. This violet is actually a little sharper than expected, but of course it has that candy coated, almost sugar-musk scent. The white chocolate is there, but it’s a strange note. It doesn’t smell like the white chocolate I love, yet nor does it smell of milk chocolate. It does smell milky though, but doesn’t have that cocoa butter richness, at least not yet. if I were to compare this to actual chocolate, I’d say it smells more like Milkybars, less like the more expensive Swiss or Belgian stuff.

After a while: a creamier, richer take on sugared violet. It smells more like white choc now, though at times I get a slightly sour aspect to the milky scent of the chocolate that I’m not sure I’m keen on. But it’s so minor, so it doesn’t bother me too much, and this does indeed have a white chocolate feel to it, though I’d prefer it to be a bit sweeter, a bit more vanilla maybe? The violet has that lovely scent of sugar-crystallised flowers to it.

It takes time, but eventually this becomes the white chocolate I’ve been hoping for. Creamy and sweet. that sourness is now gone and now I get the cocoa butter and the rich creamy sweetness I was hoping for, and this now smells like expensive white chocolate with sugared violets! And yet there’s an almost musky scent to it which actually prevents this from being a pure foody, and I like that.

And then something remarkable happens. It transforms into Underpants. That’s right. Underpants with violets. I swear I smell the same vanilla-sandalwood scent from Underpants, but with violets! And I love that!

Verdict: another hit in the White Chocolate series! I’m testing this alongside Faith, and I think this one is even nicer than Faith. It’s a lot gentler than the super-sweet Parma Violet sweets scent I got from Faith, it’s creamier, for one thing. I wasn’t sure about the chocolate note in here until about half an hour into wearing it when the chocolate note asserts itself as being white choc, not milk or cocoa or anything. It’s got that milky sweetness to it. but about two hours into wear it transforms into violet and white chocolate with the sweet sandalwood/vanilla or Underpants! That’s what pushes this into the ‘must buy backups’ category! So whilst White Choc Strawberry is wonderful for being a pure foody, this one is a little more complex and with floral and other non-foody nuances that make this very sophisticated. I really hope that we get more white chocolate scents in the future.

Emoticon rating: :yum:

Is it a keeper? yes, and I’m glad I have two bottles

If you like this, try: Faith, Le Serpent Qui Danse, Violet Ray, Ultraviolet

There's a lot of white chocolate here, and after a few moments the violet peeks out. It's really lovely at first, but wears off all too quickly. Ah well.

Imp: Not as sweet as I expected whit chocolate to be. Very pretty though!

Wet: How sweet! I really had no expectations on what this was going to be, but I'm still surprised. Makes me feel a lot more charitable to violet scents.

Drydown: I'm really not getting a chocolate-y feel, but the combination of notes is beautiful and really does it's own thing. VERY glad to have gotten a decant, but I'm not sure it's got an everyday appeal to merit hunting down a bottle. Still love it, though

In the imp: maybe some white chocolate, but overall something very sharp

Wet: some of that white chocolate, and that sharp purple-green smell which must be the violets

The dry-down: see Wet

Later: see Wet. I only ever got a hint of a sweet note, which must be the sugar. Otherwise, screaming violets with white chocolate trying to get away.

It's appropriate that this is my thirteenth review. I tried this when I first got it, and really didn't like it. In fact, right now, it's giving me a headache, and I will have to go wash it off, just like the first time I sampled it. I really don't think that this combination of white chocolate and sugared violets is good for me. What are sugared violets? All I can think of is something on wedding cakes.

If you like violets, you will love this. If you don't, you won't. Many have rose turn to powder on them and think of an "old lady" scent. I guess that is what happens to me with violets.

I want to like violets, but they don't like me. I've tried other perfumes and colognes with violet in them, as a main note, and they never work on me. I got this because of the white chocolate, which I dearly love, and the idea that the sugaring would tame the violets. No such luck. Sell or swap for sure.

Edited by thekittenkat

White chocolate? Um, not so white, on me. This is Vice with Violets on me. I was thinking maybe that it would be Faith with a creamy chocolate undertone, and I adore Faith. Not what I was expecting...but...ohmigod!

Vice is one of my ultimate favorites, and this is definitely Vice with just a whiff of violets on the breeze. I LOVE this one! :wub2: I put some on, and put my hand under my boyfriend's nose, and asked "What do you think?" His reply was "Can I eat your wrist?" I think we've got a real winner, here! Luxuriant chocolate, with a floral undertone. MMMMMM, good!

This is the first chocolate scent that I can tolerate to wear for more than 10 minutes :D I actually love this. It might be the fact that it's supposed to be white chocolate (although it doesn't really smell white to me)......

Anyway....I'm glad to have a bottle of this, because I have been wanting to smell like chocolate for a long time and never could. This is just the most lovely blend of chocolate and violets. :wub2:

(oh and yes....the violets smell a lot like the ones in Faith......to me)

Oh my, do I want to hoard this. It's so much like Faith, which is one of my most favorite scents of all time, like ever. The sugared violets really amp up on me, and they're just dipped in sweet cream and oh my god.

In the bottle, this is uber sweet foody, I don't get any violets. On, it is pretty much Faith to me, which is nice, I was just expecting a bit more creaminess. After awhile, the chocolate pokes out off and on, and it's not white to me, but like a milk chocolate. Half an hour later, I'm getting more of the creaminess that I was hoping for. This is a "warmer" Faith now, and would be great for cooler weather.

So, I pulled my partial bottle of this out today, deciding to try it again on a whim - I loved the smell of violets in it initially, but I was a bit put off by the white chocolate note. Upon brushing a little bit on my wrist, I found that this has begun to age into the softest, sweetest violet blend I could ask for. The funny note in the white chocolate has faded, and now it's pure, sweet violets (just like picking a bouquet and burying my nose in them) with a creamy undertone that's only barely chocolatey. Someone said that this blend reminded them more of Easter than Valentine's Day, and I have to agree!

The birds are chirping outside, the cats are death-mewing at them, I smell like sweet, creamy spring flowers and all is right in the world. Crap. I'm so going to have to stalk another decant. :huh:

It smells like violets with a hint of sweetness in the background. It's a nice smell but I prefer foodier scents.

Wet: not chocolatey, but very sugary and lots of violets; kind of reminds me of Faith from CD

Dry: just a hint of chocolate; that is the only difference between this and Faith...it's a nice smell if you like sweet sugared violets :)