Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with cranberry, strawberry, red musk, red rose, rosehip, frankincense, fig, jasmine, and carnation.

the incense is very well behaved, like subtle nose-tickling spicy, almost peppery-- and I'm grateful, because incense often goes crazy on my skin! It smells very herby, like pulling a bit off sage off the plant in my grandfather's garden. I might be able to sniff a hint of berries in the background, but it's way back there. Pumpkin? What pumpkin? hehe. I also don't pick up any florals.

It reminds me strongly of my grandfather's garden-- he always has lots of flowers, herbs, and the occasional berry plant growing. I have a feeling despite not LOVING this scent I'll probably keep it so I can think about him after he's gone.

What I get from this is buttery pumpkin with a slight floral tanginess if that makes sense! With all pumpkin blends though the pumpkin dies down quite quick and this turns even more yummy!

It changes to a tart Strawberry/Cranberry with the red musk making things a whole lot more incensey.

I would describe this as a dark dark Strawberry, a sexy sultry red fruit draped in black velvet!! It's cool!!!

It's along the same lines as "The Haunted Palace" on me, they are similar in the dry stages. I adore Red Musk, and Strawberry so there was no way I could resist this one!

The florals in this I can't really get, it's more about the fruit...

MMMMM!

in the bottle: strawberry Twizzlers eaten next to some cherry incense! :D

wet on skin: slightly less artificial now, the berry scents are hanging back a bit and the pumpkin is creeping forward.

dry down: very sweet, the fruits in this almost totally overpower the pumpkin. and the florals? i don't get ANY hint of them, not one trace.

in all: a bit more "kid like" than i generally wear, it reminds me strongly of Strawberry Moon, which i love. so i'm going to age this for a while and try later- it might be a good option for when i want that Moon but don't want to use up what precious little i have.

:P

In imp: bright fruit, red musk, frankincense and rose.

Wet on skin: pumpkin over a fruity-floral, musky base. Yum! I can pick out strawberry, cranberry and a hint of rose and frankincense, but it's really well blended and gorgeous! No jasmine so far.

Dry on skin: jasmine emerges, but never takes over, and pumpkin recedes into the background. It's a light, bright fruity-floral-musk over a soft base of pumpkin. Cranberry and strawberry are the most prominent notes. It's very "red". If you like Hollywood Babylon, this is the pumpkin scent for you!

First off, I smell berries and red musk. The hint of frankincense and fig makes perfect sense along with the cranberry, and makes this blend smell very festive.

The carnation comes out in full force after a minute, and I don't like carnation. However, it definitely fits the cranberry-frankincense-red musk vibe, and ends up blending in very well. It also calms down as quickly as it flares up (with my chemistry, anyway).

Then, I can detect the faintest hint of rose hip and rose. It's barely there, a supporting note.

This is a great holiday scent, but it's unique enough to wear any time of year. It's by far my favorite of the 08 Patch!! :P :D

This starts off as very buttery pumpkin on me, but I can't smell any of the pumpkin in the drydown. This is mostly tart, sweet, red fruitiness on me, with a red warmth from the musk. It's also a little bit incensey and has hints of sweet floral that seems to fade in and out. Every once in a while, I'll smell this and be able to pick out the carnation or rose in specific, but thankfully none of the jasmine comes out to ruin the blend for me.

I like this. It's rather complex and I like how red it feels to me. I'm glad to have a few decants of this one :P

Initial impression:

Creamy pumpkin and lush figs, coated in smoky frankincense. Gorgeous!

First on:

Pumpkin with florals.

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's a tangy cranberry pumpkin, sweetened by figs and strawberry. I really like this! The dreaded florals are behaving so far. I only get a slight touch of jasmine.

Another half an hour later, it's a lovely pumpkin-berry-floral that I enjoy endlessly.

Finally:

I love this, but I won't be keeping it (too many imps as it is). So glad I tried it, though!

When I first apply this, I swear it smells like pumpkin and celery. That crisp, watery green scent is really unmistakable. And yet, there’s no celery in the scent description. The scent quickly morphs into a spicy potpourri, fragrant with berries and frankincense. The pumpkin note is surprisingly low-key, just hanging out in the background. The floral notes are nowhere to be found, but that’s fine by me. Then after a couple of minutes, the celery returns. Weird! I already have a lot of pumpkin blends, so this mysterious mixture is off to swaps.

I was so disappointed to have missed this weenie and so happy I finally got my hands on a bottle! Bpal Pumpkin isn't generally my favorite, usually a bit too buttery for my tastes, but it is a lovely backdrop in this blend to the rest of the notes. To those who are worried about the rose-don't be! It's just barely there, just the tiniest bit to make an impact without being overly noticeable. I also love the cranberry and strawberry in this-they aren't too sweet-muted and pretty. This blend is so hard to describe because there are so many notes and this is just so complex and well blended. Almsot a cranberry/strawberry incense blend with hints of florals and a buttery pumpkin base. Lovely!

In the imp: Berries with a hint of roses. On me: Exactly the same as in the imp. Pumpkin comes out to play on the dry down. It’s a deeper, seductress-type of scent. Definitely musky. Gets better with time! I was most excited for this pumpkin of the patch, so I'm glad it worked out so well!

:ack:

Oh gods, this is terrible, awful, and making me ill. All of the notes sounded delicious, but I'm thinking the pumpkin ruined it. As soon as I put it on my skin it turned instantly to sharp, over-powering, rancid butter. And cranberry juice. :sad:

In the bottle – Pumpkin and sweet candylike strawberries

Wet on me – The sweet strawberries remain prominent with a slight bitterness as well as the buttery pumpkin

Dry on me – I disappeared quite quickly leaving only a whiff of pumpkin

Overall – I expected to like this, and I didn’t dislike it, but it was gone so quickly I didn’t really get time to adjust

Pumpkin V 08

In the imp: pumpkin with strawberry, maybe a hint of musk too.

Wet on skin: buttery pumpkin with strawberry and red musk. Like Hollywood Babylon with pumpkin.

Dry on skin: mmm, this is really nice. I can hardly smell the jasmine, and the rose is also quite soft, but this scent really is like pumpkin-ified Hollywood Babylon. It’s a very similar strawberry and red musk combination, and it turns out that, if HB is anything to go by, strawberry and red musk go together wonderfully and the RM cancels out the sour/acid scent of the strawberry note. I can smell just a hint of fig and the carnation spices the scent up nicely, and I think I also get cranberry…in fact at times it also reminds me of Lampades.

After a while: I keep thinking that one of the notes will go bad on me, the strawberry or the jasmine…but nothing of the sort happens. This scent is really wonderful. It’s mainly pumpkin and a smooth, delicious fruity red musk. I love red musk mixed with fruit and this blend is all about the red musk and fruit. This is the kind of scent that I hoped to get from Maenad. It’s a shame I smell very little of the frankincense and rose, not much of the fig and carnation either, but I love the strawberry-cranberry-musk mix here. The pumpkin, by now, is very subtle.

At times it goes into a slightly floral red musk, but it’s mainly a red fruity smell, with a lovely and almost creamy-spicy sweetness.

Verdict: this is one of the few blends with strawberry and carnation together (as well as jasmine) that works well for me-and I think it’s the red musk that works it’s magic. It’s mainly musky berry-strawberry and cranberry-with red musk and buttery pumpkin. I do get a bit of rose-not very much, but I was hoping for a little bit more in the way of frankincense, carnation and fig, and a bit more of the rose, it’s mainly a berry musk (which I really like) with pumpkin. It actually reminds me of Hollywood Babylon with a bit more buttery richness, but comparing the two, I think I prefer HB. It’s great to smell something with a lot of troublesome notes that works reasonably well on me though.

Emoticon rating: :D

Is it a keeper? maybe, but I think not.

If you like this, try: Hollywood Babylon, Lampades, Maenad, Pumpkin V 07

The pumpkin patch is always a game of roulette to me. Sometimes a blend will sound like a perfect combination of notes, but the pumpkin note will dominate to the exclusion of all others. Others, I can't detect any pumpkin.

Pumpkin V kind of bucks the trend - I definitely get both pumpkin AND several of the other notes. When I sniff my wrist, there's a bit of pumpkin at first, followed by musky cranberry. The pumpkin isn't super buttery like in some of the other pumpkin blends - perhaps the tart cranberry is containing the butter. It's a tiny bit sweet but not very. It also, oddly enough, doesn't feel very foody to me, I think because of the musk.

Edit: An hour later, this has dried to a slightly musky cran-strawberry. I guess it doesn't buck the trend for me!

Edited by sprocket21

Er, this is WEIRD. It smelled much better on my when I was all sweaty and grubby.

On clean skin, it smells like chewable vitamin C (those zany rosehips!) and redly sweet (strawberry/cranberry/jasmine). After drydown, it gets very dusty and grainy, with the sweetness laying just below.

This is seriously tradeable and impable, egads...

Hmm.. I don't get much pumpkin from this, just a little. It's fruity, with a bit of frankincense. Something in here is reminding me of wine.. It's nice, but not really for me.

No pumpkin. It was all sweet frankincense, berry, and a bit of rose.

Bottle: Like cranberry-carnation-Jack. Huh?

On/wet: General fruit, butter. Red musk.

Drydown: Cloying but swiftly vanishing pumpkin and candle-shop cranberry. No pumpkin, no anything else. But closely followed by:

Later drydown/Overall: Overwhelmingly squished currants, cranberries, and some general warm fruit juice smell. Not a keeper for me.

Pumpkin V - 2008

This is actually really pretty. I'm not a fan of the pumpkins, I don't think I even looked at the notes in this past year's patch. This one came to me with another purchase, or I'm sure I would never have tried it at all. It's not pumpkiny at all, it's red fruit and flowers. I couldn't pick out any specific fruits or flowers on my own, but cranberry, strawberry, rosehips, and carnation sounds about right. :D

My arm has been eaten by berries. With some red spiciness from the frankincense and carnation sharing the fun. I don't actually mind this, because I like berries. But my pumpkin is gone. Every once in a while I think I'll catch a drift of it wafting up from somewhere, but then it disappears. This is a very pretty, spicy, red fruit scent, and I'll keep it, but I'm still looking for my perfect pumpkin.

Inside the imp, pumpkin and cranberry.

On the skin, pumpkin and clove immediately after application.

On drydown, this is spicy pumpkin, cranberry, frankincense, and carnation. I'm not really getting strawberry out of this blend.

This smells like a wonderfully spicy maple-pumpkin pie and lasts forever! As time passes I can pick out the cranberry and strawberry and a hint of musk if I concentrate hard enough, but I'd rather just let my senses absorb all the deliciousness without overanalyzing.

Edited by Invidiana

I smelled pumpkin straight off, and then a few minutes later it disappeared. Ends up smelling like red musk, berries, and carnation. (Thank goodness no jasmine.) The musk and the fruit seem to be the dominant notes. I think the pumpkin is holding down the red musk just a little bit, and I bet the fig is helping out with that too. But when it's dry I can't pick out either of those notes individually.

I'm a sucker for red musk blends, and I like this one. It smells more playful than red musk usually smells because of the berries.

This is a nice floral/berry scent, but where the heck did the pumpkin go? :( I'm a pumpkin lover and a fruity lover so I was really hoping for a mix of the two- but sadly the pumpkin (which usually agrees SO perfectly with my skin) decided to pack its bags and take a vacation for this scent. Sadness.