Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

I got this as a gift imp from diabolique because the description of creamy, sweet lemon just sounded perfect. Unfortunately, that's not how it smells on me.

In the bottle: Lemon and baby powder. Wait, somebody earlier said Johnson's...that's it.

On me/wet: It turned musky almost immediately. Still a hint of cream and lemon, but mostly a musky, incensey kind of thing. When I jumped on the bus, I smelled bug spray and hoped it wasn't me (I don't think it was, BTW).

Dry: This oil has been morphing like once an hour. From musky and incensey, it faded to more lemony/Johnson's baby oil scent, and now the powder is really beginning to come out.

It's not bad enough to wash off, but not good enough to try again. :P

First Impression: Jasmine only subtle.

Second Impression: This is jasmine that is sugar candy coated. Mmmmm.

Final Analysis: If Crucible of Courage is sweet candy roses and Lobban is sweet candy lilacs, then Follow Me Boy is definitly the sweet candy jasmine counterpart. Very nice.

I have to admit my main motivation for swapping for Follow Me Boy was my love of Poe's "Hey Pretty" lyrics.

"You've got to follow me/ Boy I'm trying to show you where I'm at"

Moving onward, I received mine today and promptly dabbed some on my wrist. I don't generally go too much by how oils smell in the vial, since they just change on me anyway. While wet this smells almost exactly like (Old) Venice does on me. Very uncanny. The difference being that is there are roses in FMB, they are pretty light, though the faint tingling in my nose suggests there are some. And there's jasmine and other florals as well. Underneath those is a very warm lemon, more like a lemon syrup than true lemon, and possibly some other fruit that adds some roundess to it. And also there is something else in here giving a base note of wonderful cream. I wish I could find out what it is since it is positively scrumptious!

Hmm...as time goes on that creaminess is starting to take on a hint of baby powder. Well, techinically, it smells like cream turned into dust, rather than typical baby powder. Wow, that jasmine is getting stronger. Damn, I really liked the scent and now it is morphing out of control.

It is very strong and I already apply sparingly. I'm not sure about wearing this. It might be nice used as a body scrub in the springtime. More of a bath product than perfume scent, if you know what I mean.

Ok, I'm finally getting out of lazy mode and getting a bunch of reviews up.

Today I decided to take the plunge and try out Follow Me Boy

From the description, I was just dying to try it, thanks to recieving it as a freebie from quantumspice.

In the bottle it seemed sweetish, but tinged with something that made my nose tingle a little, and some muskish type scent. I wasn't too sure about it on me, since musks generally make me reek like the dirty little wolf I am during mateing season. :P

Trying it on:

Started mostly spicey, but dried out nicely, to a slight spice scent on my wrist. Later on (hour and a halfish) it went to more of a sweet cotton candy type scent. Not too sweet, but nice to me. I swair I had tinges of the dreaded baby powder for a moment in between the switch; however it did not stay longer than maybe a minute and a half. YAY!

Now (4-6 hours later) it's smoothed out from the cotton candy scent to a nice mellow spice that is sort of sweet.

As for the attractive properties:

I wore it while visiting my mate. He liked the scent, but since I only see him twice a week it's pretty normal for me to have his attention that much. He did comment he really liked the cotton candy smell, and it made him want to lick it. :D

The rest of the guys around gave me about the average looks, tho the CO's seemed to cruse by our table a lot more frequently than ever before, so maybe it attractes the officors?

Well overall I DO like it, definatly enough to keep the imp, not sure about a 5 ml yet. But I want to warn everyone (and keep in mind for myself) I am on my period this week so, I'll try again later and see if it behaves the same!

This was a lovely extra included in a swap from finny. Thanks again, finny! :P

In the vial: A lemony, honeyed floral

Wet, on my skin: Ack. A funky, musky note is coming out---civet, perhaps? Whatever it is it's turning the lovely honeyed scent into something that smells like a scented diaper--Luvs, to be exact. (And I should know! I have a child in diapers.) Not a DIRTY diaper---just the way scented diapers smell.

It's not a BAD smell, just not something I'd want to smell like. I think I'll try this one in my oil burner since I like the smell in the vial.

Lemon and jasmine...it actually smells like a lemon-flavored cake at a garden party, with fresh or candied flowers used for decoration. I'm getting visions of a Southern tea party, ladies in big hats and floaty dresses on the terrace. Awfully sweet and innocent for a prostitute, but then they do say men love the smell of baking... :P

Wet this was jasmine with an edge of citrus (lemon?), but it quickly turned soapy. I don't have much else to add except that my skin kinda ruins this for me...

Smells very sweet and sugary on me. Almost maple syrupy. It's a bit gross. I don't know who would be seduced by it, except maybe a hungry rat.

I find a lot of voodoo oils smell like this. Overly sweet and maple. I was going to try this out, but I will trade it. Boy hasn't responded to Come to Me and he most likely will stand 100 feet away from me if I wear this one.

Not much to add on the scent/smell itself but the effect it has on me is kind of...weird :D

I cannot stop thinking about sex and I start flirting like hell when I dab it on. :P :D

Ehh dangerous scent if you are married girl... :D

ETA:Married girl....had a girls night out in another city, went to a bar and really lots of man where wanting to talk close to her ear(behind the ear was follow me boy)The married girl got a lot of phone numbers, it was something she was not used to at all,she never had THAT much male attention :D :evil:

Edited by quinkel

Follow me Boy is very Jasmine for me. But usually anything with jasmine is very Jasmine for me, so that's ok. I just put a little drop in my cleavage. It isn't as SHOCKING as Love me. I think Love Me has gardenia as well as Jasmine and that's what makes that one knock my socks off. I haven't really noticed any Voodoo effects from Follow Me Boy. But that's ok, because when I think about it I don't really want boys following me. :P

Funny, all I smell is baby lotion. Reminds me of being at the beach as a teen and slathering on the johnson's baby lotion after long day in the sun. Not at all unplesant but no thrill either.

This is the first scent I've tried, and I think I am an odd one out here but I really like it. I'm not picking up any of the lemon or "green" scents you mentioned, but I definitely get the jasmine, powder, sugary smell. I feel feminine and flirty with it on.

The SO's only comment was It smells nice..sort of like soap. Hmm..I'm not getting soap from it, but this just confirms I didn't pick him for his ability or sense of smell :P

This will go on my list for a 5 ml at least.

One of my imp gifties in my order from the lab was 'Follow Me Boy'

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

In the bottle ~ Lots of flowers and sex. Not the milky/honey kind of sex, but that oozing with sex that seeps from your pores during the monsoons in the midst of tropical blooms. The kind where you have that fantasy of screwing Tarzan's brains out after ripping off that little loin cloth with your teeth.

Wet ~ Very interesting. The blossoms are heady and heavy, filled with rain and sopping wet. The rains have passed and the sun is beating down. Mixed with my body chemistry it's become musky and soft, not powdery, but quiet. A batting of eyelashes and that quirk of a smile, swirled with just a little bit of a beckoning finger that promises a very fulfilling three or more hours of your time.

Dry down more than an hour later ~ Still there, but not as pronounced. It's faded quite a bit on me, but is still this warm blanket of once-was-flower-sex smell. It'll waft up every now and then, but otherwise I don't know it's there.

I don't know if this is so much my scent as it's -reallllllly- floral, but it is pretty, and on the right person could do amazing things. Though, maybe if I mix it with a vanilla or honey scent like Alice it would be incredible! Must try that :P

I put this on last night and was immediately pleased with the sweet scent, but I found the floral tones to be a little cloying. (May just be my chemistry.) It lasted quite a while, but went powdery on me after not too long. I'll use up the imp, but I don't think I'll buy more.

Whooo!

I smell civet, or a strong musk. YAY! Now, the only other civety blend I've worn was Red Devil. And DH jumped my bones. So even though I do not like civet/musk, I like the effect. It will be the weekend before I see what this does though.... sigh.

Drydown - cake! Cake with a teeny bit of lemon icing. I like it a lot. It's not too foody - I don't feel like I just ate the cake. It's just yummy.

Wow. Civet to cake in a few hours. Neat trick.

ETA - WOW - this one changes with body chemistry. First review, it was my TOM. Lovely. Today I tried again - ew ew ew. Civet for a long while, then powdered sugar. Tons of throw. I did not care for it, because this time it was over foody. My regular chemisty amped the heck out of this, and it was too much for me. Fascinating.

Edited by Lit Chick

I like this one, and i am finding ones w/ civet do not go wonky, does that make me wonky :P

it smells like a sweet, honey, touch of vanilla, and a slight slight musk it honestly reminds me a tad of o but it has a bit of a sharp note (possibly the musky civet smell) all in all i like it

Follow Me Boy turned to powdery diapers on me in the drydown. Must be something in it that's just no good with my skin chemistry. I think whatever it is is also in Desire, because I'm getting the same vibe from Desire after drydown.

Lemony, floral, and as I am happily married to my best friend, I'm not looking for the voodoo properties either. :P

It is a great floral blend however, even for me a floral hater. The lemon keeps everything smelling less flower shop, and more summery day in the garden.

Off it will go to a new home though, as I have enough BPAL (is there such a thing?), without keeping anything I don't love. :D

The name Follow Me Boy was very intruiging to me for no real reason, and when it showed up in a swap package I figured I'd give it a go. I'm too much of a chicken to buy most scents that don't directly have at least some of the notes listed in the description, so I was wary at first. However, this smells really, really, really kickass.

I'm not a huge fan of florals... I tend to think they're pretty boring. This one is definitely very floral, but it works somehow and I don't know why. I can smell jasmine, and after that I have no clue what else is in it. It's very sweet, but not sugary or foody. When I smell it I think of walking through a public park at night and passing by a flower-covered bush where two people are furiously making out. I'm going against my usual "anti-floral" pattern and keeping this. If it lasts as long as I hope it does this will be a bottle to save for warm summer nights.

Follow Me Boy:

Wet: smells like oil.. No scent. (??)

Drydown: Smells like.. aftersex. Seriously.

Longterm wear: I can't get over the fact that this smells just like musky aftersex to me: intertwined lovers, sweat and other various fluids. I cannot imagine wearing this in public.. it's certainly not the first impression I'd like to make!

in the imp, i get pure flowers. mostly magnolia.

i tried wearing it to class, for the furball's benefit, and no go. he did not seem to want to follow me. maybe he's just shy? (hopefully, that's all it is...)

also, it turned into a soapy powdery smell on me. maybe that's why he didn't wanna follow?

First sniff from the bottle- Hmmm, no description from the lab but this smells like vanilla, lavender, civit and baby powder to me.

After 10 minutes- As this dries down I think I can smell civit or ambergris in this. The vanilla is the same type as in Snake oil and has that plasticy smell to it.

After 30 minutes- As this fades it goes all baby powder on me.

Summery- No go.

Yeah...I tried this one during a really humid eastern summer so maybe my skin was doing something strange with it.

In the imp: wet florals and something animalistic...maybe civet or ambergris bouquet.

Wet: same as above but with a lot more power and throw.

Dry: musky and feral...quite acrid.

I really wanted to love this one, since I thought it would be the olfactory equivalent of Helen's beauty, but I definitely get more lady-of-the-night than goddess incarnate. I can see it being very floral and womanly on others, but on me it summons some pretty scatological images unfortunately. I once had a boyfriend who hated the slew of fresh aquatic perfumes young women wear because he thought sexy women should smell kind of "dirty". Whatever that means. I think if I wore this for him he'd follow me, but I hate to say that he'd be following a booty-and-rafleesia-scented me.

So far this has been the only voodoo blend that I really like (you might say I even love this one, but then I seem to love so many BPALs that I'm beginning to sound promiscuous). Everytime I try this one, I am overwhelmed by the scent of jasmine. Pulsating and warm jasmine. It reminds me quite a lot of Lush's Flying Fox shower gel actually. This stage lasts about an hour on me, and I am sort of 'eh' about it. But then the most wonderful creamy notes start to come in around the jasmine. It's a sweet cream, toning down the jasmine. If I could describe the fragrance in just one word: sweet.

Thankfully, I don't get any lemon or dirty diaper when I wear this, lol.