Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
TygherRayn

Follow Me Boy

A houdoun recipe dating back almost 150 years. This blend is favored by prostitutes, exotic dancers and others in the sex industry for its power to attract, seduce, and enthrall. Ensures financial gain and increased profits.

In the bottle, I thought--oh no gardenia! I think my body must lurve gardenia because it goes nuts on me. Unfortunately, I can't handle it unless my nose is in a gardenia...

On my left ankle (seems to be the best place to try the really strong florals!) I think it is actually Jasmine, because it reminds me of walking at my work, where there are jasmines growing in the planters...it also reminds me tuberoses, lilies, plumerias and honeysuckles....and I think it mixed with what I am wearing on my wrists, because in the air I smell jelly doughnuts;) Not getting any civet issues here.

Again, another floral that doesn't seem to work on me--it is just...too...Jasmine-y for me. Weird because I love real flowers! Again, i am going to pass this one around. It's not for me, but probably would smell pretty if I could get any lemon out of it.

Initial Impression: Light, feminine floral. Completely unexpected. I thought this would be more sultry.

On Wet: Slightly powdery floral. Normally, I don't like florals, but BPAL seems to make some florals I can tolerate and some that I even like. I actually kinda like this. It makes me feel...lady-like. Weird.

On Dry: Still floral, more powdery but nice. There's something about this that makes me feel a bit more flirty.

Final Impression: This was one odd little imp, but it certainly does its job! And it smells dainty and feminine while doing it too. I rather like this.

Rating (on a scale of 1 to 5): 4

Follow Me Boy is quite the sexy little thing on me. She's all curled up like a sweet kitten that smells of patchouli (I smell patchouli which I could be wrong about but that's exactly what I'm getting).

In bottle: A little strong but nice.

Wet on skin: Oh god...I could molest myself. A soft musky patchouli drifts off my skin...oooh yes.

Dry: Slightly powdery but still musky. It isn't overpowering now, but very very soft and beautiful.

This is definitely a scent that will get a 5ml bottle. I haven't tried it for its intended purpose but I plan on doing so and I'm hoping that it does what it says.

Deep, bold floral. Can't peg the notes but I'd bet magnolia and jasmine. Smells kinda meek in the bottle but when combined with skin transforms into a roaring beauty that will turn heads. Don't slather this one because it has a throw and lasts a while.

Bottle: jasmine and voodoo base

Wet: jasmine, that slightly incensey, mossy, horehound candy voodoo base

Dry: predominantly jasmine

This is a lot jasmine, but the sexy, spicy, voodoo base, common to the other voodoo blends I have tried, gives it a nice earthy quality

Strong jasmine and other flowers. A great scent, even though I'm not normally keen on florals. I didn't notice any civet in it, but it is pretty strong.

I put it on while thinking vaguely about drawing attractive men to me, and yep, several were keen to talk to me, even though I wasn't looking my best since I was only going to the gym. I'll have to try it again with a bit more concentration, because I was pretty impressed. I'd use it for the scent alone, because I love it, but the effects don't hurt at all.

BABYWIPES! sweet ones, I'm getting the gardenia too. Very heady. Not bad but not sure if i would get a bottle. Maybe I need to see if it "works" first lol.

You know, I had never had the "babywipes/diaper" jasmine experience...until now. :P :D It's also really strong, since my skin amps jasmine. The initial babywipe blast does tone itself down. In fact, this scent completely disappears off my skin after 15 minutes. Very bizarre, very short lifespan!

In the imp:

Thick, sweet florals. I can see why this blend might be "favored by prostitutes". ;-)

Wet:

Florals which quickly turn to... bubble gum?? This only lasts for a few minutes, and then I start to notice a green, almost grassy undertone. As it's drying down, I can catch what I'm fairly sure is causing the "dirty diaper" smell on some of the others who have reviewed this blend--it doesn't really smell like diapers on me, but I'm scared it's going to. Thankfully, it doesn't... it goes softer and creamier with a tangy undertone that's reminiscent of lemon but not exactly lemon.

Dry:

This is pretty enough... soft and creamy florals with something a bit acrid underneath. I will try slathering this on around the hubby sometime to see if he likes it.

This is a scent that conjures up those hot, sticky sweltering summer nights spent outdoors. First sniff in the vial, I immediately notice the jasmine, then white flowers and the vanilla. On my skin, it's the vanilla that stands out above any other note. It's a beautiful, natural vanilla bean smell, not cloying sweet, very muted.

Starts with that light cat-pee appeal. It’s warm and sweet. Reminds me a bit of 999. Coincidence? You decide.

This was one of the imps I bought in lots from eBay because I had no idea what to try! When I first smelled the imp I thought it was awful. I couldn't place the notes, it was just overwhelming and unpleasant. But having read that so many BPAL scents change on your skin I decided to try it. I put it on one night, and it seemed like a pretty heavy floral. After a few minutes I washed it off to try something else. A week or so later I put some on before rushing out to the club. The only comment I really got was from a male friend who asked me why I smelled powdery (this was about 30 minutes after putting it on) I checked my wrist and it was a beautiful powdery smell with spices underneath. He said it was powdery but not at all unpleasant. A few hours later while driving home I checked it again. It had turned into the most perfect vanilla ever. A pure, creamy vanilla, innocent but sexy. I love it!

I seem to get a bit extra attention from guys when I wear it but it's hard to tell because pretty much all of the guys I'm around are long time friends of mine.

jasmine and something powdery like talcum powder. basically a very strong floral Jasmine with some sweetness behind it. Reminds me of Lush's Fairy Jasmine actually.

All the voodoo-esque scents smell very similar to me - very strongly and bitterly herbal. I have yet to find one that works.

imp: there's something sweet and... animally here. is this what civet smells like? interesting...

wet: this is sweet florals and some sort of tangy musk. unfortunately the florals are threatening to go soapy on me.

dry: phew! no soapiness. this is a much more floral musk than usual.

i'm still curious about pinpointing civet so i may have to do a little more testing to figure it out.

I don't know if it's the power of persuasion (knowing the name and background of the oil) or what, but when I wear this, I just want to swing my hips a little when I walk, or lean over just that tad bit too much to show a little cleavage. It makes me want to put on my RenFest wench garb and go try my luck with a man in tights. :P All this tartiness would be set to Poe's "Hey Pretty," of course.

Hated this at first, but when I gave it a real chance to settle in, it definitely grew on me. Must remember not to judge an oil by first sniff of the imp. It's sexy and dark and 'ooh, what's that?' and - again, power of persuasion - conjures images of a silk-stockinged, satin-clad prostitute sashaying down the street leaving men drooling in her wake.

Edited by rien

In the imp: Resiny. O HAI! IZ MAH DRAGONZ BLUD? That herbal Voodoo scent too.

Wet: I get the civet right away, and then the rose (which inevitably goes acrid on me).

Drydown: The lemon-powder stage comes next, and I get the wet jasmine, but the civet keeps fighting it. About an hour into this apparent chaos, everything settles down into a powdery feel -- medium to low throw -- that, when sniffed closely, is softly musky.

This is quite the morpher. I don't know why I felt compelled to test this right before going back to work, but perhaps a passing administrator will be suddenly moved to give me a raise.

I bought a 5 ml of this, unsniffed, almost a year ago. I loved the description, and with a high-needs little one at home, DH and I needed all the help we could get with our love life. Unfortunately, when I received it . . . ew - it was all baby powder. It smelled positively geriatric to me - like an old woman in a nursing home, not very well taken care of. They covered her with baby powder to cover up the smells of unwashed body. ICK.

So it sat. And sat. I opened it up the other day, and WOW - I don't know what happened, but it is now amazing, and one of my absolute favorites. It's sweet, and jasmine-y (but real jasmine, like the walls of confederate jasmine that surround our house - when the wind blows just right we get an intoxicating whiff. It's kind of lemon-y, and very sexy. I feel sexy when I wear it, and know that I carry myself with more confidence. I agree with whoever is saying homemade pound cake, with a homemade lemon icing - powdered sugar and lemon juice squeezed fresh.

Something weird though - wherever I put it on, my skin stings for a few minutes. Fairly painfully.

Rec'd in swap from Miseraya.

It's hard for me to review this scent, because I can barely smell it when it's on! My skin just seems to swallow it whole. All I can get is the faint whiff of ribbon candy, even when I slather.

Unfortunately, I think this is going to have to go back in the swap pile.

This was a frimp from the Lab in my last order.

In the imp, all I can pick out is strong jasmine, although I know there's more going on. Wet, it is a bit lemony with something else (I'm pretty sure it's civet but it's not a note I'm very familiar with), but it's dried down to be mostly jasmine with the civet-y scent and just a hint of lemon. This smells better on me than I thought it would when I realized there was jasmine in it, but I'm not really crazy about it overall. I don't think I'm the sort of guy who can pull off having a jasminey love oil on, although if it got me more male attention I wouldn't complain.

I may hold on to this for a bit and see what happens as it ages, but I can't see myself wearing this unless it changes quite a bit. It was interesting to try, though.

[edit: I asked my partner to sniff my wrist and tell me what it smelled like, and the answer was "lemon cake." Now, I got lemon at first, but the more I smell myself the more I smell jasmine instead. I know my nose isn't that well trained yet, but it's pretty weird - my partner can't smell the jasmine at all! I still can't tell if I like the smell of FMB or not, but I'll keep the imp around so I can try it again later.]

Edited by Ranyart

imp: smells yummy, very jasmine.

on me: pure love. Seriously. I had to buy more because I wear it all the time! It's warm and sensual and musky... oh... :P

Lemony and vegetal roses. Dead roses. As it dries it gets softer and nicer. The first time I wore this my next door neighbor offered to take me to the Farmer's Market. And remarked on how good I look.

Bottle: Sweet florals

On Me: I work in a shop full of guys. Out of 36 people working here, only 5 of us are ladies. So, I was hoping to see if there would be any effect. The boys are more talkative, lingering around my desk more, and one dear even offered to go out and buy me some coffee and breakfast on his break. I think it worked :P As for the scent, it doesn't last long. I definitely get some jasmine, maybe some lemon. There is a candy sweetness to it as well. Maybe a bit of musk underneath? I don't know. Nice, though not one of my favourite scents. I'll keep it for its effects. Let's see what Dear Boyfriend thinks of it later :D