Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Bliss

A shot of pure, self-indulgent euphoria! A scent that is very, very wicked in its own way: the serotonin-slathered scent of pure milk chocolate.

All I really want in life is to smell like dessert--half of the reason why I like baking brownies so much is because it makes my entire house smell like chocolate. How tragic it is, then, that Bliss and I don't quite get along.

Half the time when I sniff it, it smells like unsweetened cocoa powder, which could be fine--but the other half of the time, it smells like fake chocolate. Not exactly plastic, just fake.

I guess I'll have to stick to baking brownies.

ETA: scent description Edited by oneiromantics

Sniffed from the imp: rich baking cocoa. thankfully no terrifying cherry/orange like Vice!

On: For the first few minutes, it borders on chapstick chocolate, and then just.... becomes chocolate. Just CHOCOLATE! Excellent chocolate. Like sniffing Nestle's from the can. After the first few minutes, it gets pretty close to my skin, so I would consider wearing this, because unless someone got super close, they probably wouldn't peg the scent, they'd just know it was familiar and good. But it is unmistakably chocolate up close and I feel pretty inspired to get a bottle, especially since I've had a kind of sorry run with foody scents, despite liking them in theory. I'm definitely looking forward to my milk chocolate and buttercream decant now!

In the bottle: milk chocolate with a slight tart/floral note.

Wet: milk chocolate. Sweet and delicious. This is the best milk chocolate scent evah! :yum:

Drydown: milk chocolate. This one does not morph on my skin.

Throw: light/medium. It lasts about 3-4 hours.

This is a delicious milk chocolate scent, GOOD pure chocolate, not the "chocolate liquor", or other fake names that chocolate sometimes has. This is very much like Gelt to me, but without the amber. I don't wear straight up chocolate scents, but like to layer them with spice, resin, or incense. This would definitely be perfect for that purpose. A win!

Please please work! I would love to be able to slather myself in chocolatey goodness.

imp-> Pure rich cocoa powder. Not quite melted chocolate, it just has that powdered scent to it.

wet-> hmmm....the chocolate almost disappears on. Very, very light and subtle. I barely get a whiff of anything, even with my nose almost pressed up to my wrist, and I fairly slathered this on.

after a while-> Pudding mix! That's what this reminds me of, chocolate pudding mix. It does keep that yummy chocolate flavor, but it's so very very faint and delicate my skin fairly eats it right up! It seems like this is one that I'd have to bathe in. I'll probably continue searching for a strong chocolatey scent. Maybe this would be stronger in a locket...

This smells like some kind of gorgeous gourmet milk chocolate infused with a really high end vanilla. I love it. I want to eat it! If this was an actual chocolate bar, I would be stuffing my face! It's creamy, warm, and rich, supersweet and during the drydown it is vaguely nutty. Just so yummy, it makes me feel happy just wearing it! I am not normally a big fan of chocolate scents but this one is beyond fabulous. It has great staying power too. Definitely my favorite BPAL chocolate scent.

Bliss= :wub:

Beautiful smooth chocolate. Wet this is more like milk chocolate but when it dries it becomes expensive, dry cocoa powder. Like Gelt without the yucky wet dog amber note.

It fades fairly fast even when slathering (my skin has good taste ;) ) but it's totally worth reapplying. I could bathe in this- literally!

The layering possibilites are nearly endless too. Hmmm green tree viper and bliss- mint chocolate chip!!!

Going on my bottle list!

Wowee! Did not expect this to be so true a chocolate scent. The image I have when I sniff this is of a huge piece of rich chocolate cake with chocolate fudge icing. I'm going to have to wear this during my monthly period of most intense chocolate craving.

My DH does not like "smelly" things, but I made him smell this because it is sooo fantastically accurate. Here's what he said: "That's no cheap chocolate, either. That's a big fat chocolate cake!" And I didn't describe my sensory experience of it to him, beforehand, either! :kiss:

Straight out of the imp, it's chocolate brownies! Moist, fresh brownies with chunks of chocolate chip melted in them...oh man, I really want to bake some, now. :lol:

As it dries, it turns to more of a dry cocoa powder...the sticky sort of smell you'd get on your hands if you've been nomming on a bag of chocolate candies for far too long.

I can see this being great layered with other scents...just by itself, it's not quite to my taste, but it could be fun to experiment with!

I get milk chocolate but there's also that funny note that I got from Prunella but not as strong. Maybe it's the milk/cream note? Whatever it is, it spoils the chocolatey goodness and then the whole thing fades pretty quickly anyway.

1.5/5 Damn it! I wanted to smell yummy :(

I love sweet foody scents. This one did not disappoint.

in the imp: chocolate batter

on me: the same, sweet chocolate goodness but make me think of chocolate batter more than a chocolate bar

In the imp: ...chocolate. Chocolatey chocolate. This is brownie mix in oil form.

On my skin: It still smells exactly like it did in the imp. As a chocolate lover, who would slather herself in it and wear it directly if I could? This makes me happy. I do get the hint of a plastic note that others talk about, but meh, I can live with the plastic if it means I get to smell like brownies. :lol:

YUM YUM YUMMMM!!!!!!

In the bottle: WOOOOOOW CHOCOLATE BROWNIES.... but like, enough for an army.

On me: Does not change, but becomes a bit milkier... DELICIOUS.... omg i smell like a warm brownie just fresh out of the oven before it's had time to cool.

Later: Does not change on me at all. Remains chocolate. Milk Chocolate. But... like BAKED milk chocolate (maybe a bunt cake?)

Throw: Avarage 5-6 hours. Remains yummy the whole time.

Overall: Bliss and i truly did find bliss together, but i realize i just can't handle BPAL food smells on ME as well as i can in the air. Imp is enough. But nothing wrong with the smell, didn't even go wonky on my skin chemistry.... just.. realize i don't want to smell edible to myself because i'll get sick of it really fast.

I thought Bliss would smell like a chocolate bar, but on me it has a dense, cakey feel, like a rich chocolate brownie.

That's pretty much an apt representation of bliss, all right! :yum:

In imp (or is it decant? I can never remember!): Wow. Very rich, thick, and nutty, yes, NUTTY chocolate. Almost cocoa-like in its' thickness.

On skin: The cocoa thickness comes out and the nuttiness dies down a bit.

Drying: There's something very slightly perfumey that's lingering around very very faintly in the background, but doesn't mess up the chocolate ^_^

Dry: Nuts! The nuts have come out to play again! And they mean serious business!

I get no milk chocolate from this, just a big wafer filled with nuts, very crunchy. My skin must be mad. This is one for the scent locket!

I knew when I first found out about BPAL and saw Bliss on the website, that I HAD to try it. So it was one of the first scents that I chose, and yet it's taken me this long to review it!

In the imp, it smells of pure, melted chocolate. Delicious!

I decided tonight that I wanted to indulge myself, and slathered myself in Bliss after my shower, mixed with my unscented moisturiser. Oh my! I smell great. After about an hour or so, the melted chocolate has dried into more of a powdery cocoa, with a slightly perfumy background, which doesn't take away from the chocolate at all.

Perfect scent if you feel like a cosy night in with a hot chocolate and a movie!

I love chocolate.. however I don't know how much I love smelling of just chocolate. Don't get me wrong, it smells yummy, it's just that I personally need something with a little more je ne sais quoi.

Edited by buryheratsea

mmm, brownies!

at first this is all chocolate, but after about four hours of wear, i start to get something a bit deeper and more complex that reminds me a lot of the sparkly vanilla sugar in snake oil.

i like this alot, but i'm not sure if i'll get a whole bottle.

Exactly milk chocolate. Wearing this, I am immediately thrown back in time to Easter egg hunts at my house growing up, where my mom would hide those little foil wrapped milk chocolate eggs around the house and write out overly-elaborate rhyming couplets for us to decipher in order to find said treats. This is the smell of victory, and those eggs.

Throughout the whole experience with Bliss, it's a battle between milk chocolate & cocoa powder. It's truly sweet chocolate with no hint of anything else.

Wet and early on, this was pure delicious chocolate. Maybe not something I'd wear out, but definitely a comfort scent for at home. I get both milk chocolate and cocoa at different times.

Awhile after dry down, it turned a little sour. I suspect it contains honey as honey has done this evil thing on my skin before. O does it.

If you like chocolate, and your skin plays nice with honey, you'll probably love this.

Light throw, medium wear time.

First Tried On: 7/4/2009

In Imp: Chocolate, slightly bitter and spicy

At Application: Hot chocolate mix!

Later: Still hot chocolate; traces of this were still noticeable 12 hours after application and after a bath with a Lush bath bomb

Rating: 3 (Get another imp when this one is gone.)

This lives up to its description perfectly. It is a sweet, creamy milk chocolate smell (not milk + chocolate but milk chocolate if you catch my drift) that does not turn sour or plasticky on my skin. It disappeared after about an hour or so, though. Lovely and fleeting. Made me crave chocolates, so user beware!