Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

In the imp this is all incense-y and spicy...

After I put it on it's more of the same, I never get any of the florals people are talking about and I'm pretty terrible at identifying what I smell so I don't know what exactly is in it... it's good though!

When it dries down there's a sweetness there that wasn't there before that can only be vanilla... It's not super sweet or foody at all but distinctly vanilla wafting around among the spicyness of the rest of the scent...

I normally can't wear jasmine - it amps and goes all crazy on my skin. But this was a jasmine I could wear... and like. There was jasmine, and a musky honey undertone that sweetened and mellowed the blend at the same time. This was very commanding, but not overpowering for me. I really liked it, and I was surprised that I did.

I have had this for a long time. So long that I had forgotten what it smelled like. I tried a little on and am wearing this now.

JASMINE!!! This oil is almost exclusively jasmine on me. There is a slight cinnamon in here because it does irritate my skin just a bit. Maybe my skin just amps jasmine. Did I mention that this stuff is super duper strong? I put just a tiny bit in teh cleavage and behind each ear. I feel like I am swimming in a pool of reeking jasmine flowers. I was hoping this would fade out a little but it actually seems to be getting stronger. I may have to swipe a little off with alcohol to see if it will calm it down. Strangely enough though I can't stop sniffing it. This is very weird because I am not so sure I like it. I almost feel headachy.

Also I read through the other reviews and I do not get any of the patchouli or woodsy smell at all. If you like jasmine you will probably like this. Just beware the throw.

A pretty floral, definitely a nice scent to wear. No way to test the effects at the moment, but it smells lovely.

Hmm.. a little bit powdery, but mostly cinnamon. As it dries down it takes on a more incense like quality, with the cinnamon still going strong in the background. It occasionally still feels a bit powdery now and then.. I'm guessing there's some floral here doing that. Mostly cinnamon-incense, though.

I'm not getting anything but jasmine (ohh I love jasmine) and dragons blood... no cinnamon which is something I usually amp.

In 5 minutes it was gone... not even long enough for me to get a good sense of it.

pretty while it lasted though.

A frimp from the Lab! Let's give 'er a go.

Initial Smell from Imp: Soap? I smell Jergens soap. Hmm.

Wet: A floral that I can't place. It's very sharp. Maybe some sort of spice as well? God, I'm sorry, I'm terrible at identifying notes.

Dry: Yeah, this goes pretty sour on me. It's all flower. Actually, it sort of reminds me of the smell of daffodils.. Odd. I don't like it.

Out of 10: 2

After reading the reviews, I'm really wondering if I have a mislabeled imp. Granted, it's aged to the point of a very thick consistency, and very dark red/brown; but on me, it smells a LOT like snake oil that's been aged just a little.

it's mildly spicy but mostly kind of a sexy, old sandalwood, resin-y, dark vanilla smell.

no fizz, no flowers, no bubblegum. . .

Uh oh...it's red...dragons blood?? ><

In the Imp: Ahhhh! Dragons blood and jasmine! AHHH! ABORT MISSION! ABORT!

Wet: Thhhpppp why did I even put this on my skin. Strong jasmine...very very strong.

Dry: Jasmine and dragons blood.

Verdict: This blend won't make me want to love anyone. This makes me want to run far far away...it's a pairing of my two most dreaded notes. DO NOT WANT! :ack:

This was jasmine and cinnamon on me, with maybe a *touch* of dragon's blood, but I think the resin instead of the straight dragon's blood - dragon's blood resin can be awesome on me, but straight dragon's blood is lilac-bubblegum-stench. This was really strongly jasmine with a hint of spice - honestly, the closest comparison I can come up with is Lush's Sex Bomb.

I like it quite a bit (and I think it does as advertised :twisted: ), but as some people have said, it's STRONG. A tiny, tiny dab is really all I needed to smell swirls of it everywhere.

I have to say.... love me some jasmine. And cinnamon. and vanilla. So.... Cinnamon-y, vanilla-y jasmine? Love it!~

This is almost all jasmine wet, and then gets spicier and sweeter as it dries. Still retains the jasmine, though. I think this is one that will just keep getting better and better. Definitely a winner!

This reminds me a lot of Vixen, but without the orange in that one. Cinnamon and vanilla. Nice! :)

For a quick instant it's all jasmine with a smatter of dragon's blood...thankfully the dragon's blood dissipated. Very subtle jasmine with an light warmth of cinnamon. Huggable, flirty and a bit come-hither...thankfully no "slithery" oiliness as in some of the voodoo blends. I can see dabbing this one on after a shower of Flying Fox at bedtime for just a hint of naughty...

Wet: patocholi is the initial note, but that rapidly fades, leaving behind a slightly spiced floral. I wish i was better at picking up on notes out of the blue

Drydown: sweet cinnamon over a pink floral, maybe with a hint of cinnamon and ginger-y galangal?

Dry: sweet vanilla-y cinnamon. No complaints here!

Overall: Very nice, The Boy approves, this one goes on the bottle list!

First on: separate notes of vanilla, chocolate, and cinnamon grounded by something dark. Very nice.

Middle drydown: Oh, crap, motor oil.

Far drydown: pleasant, slightly spicy, faint florals, but not worth the motor oil stage.

i'm not getting *any* of the jasmine/dragon's blood stuff others have mentioned most frequently.

mostly i get milk chocolate, dark vanilla and just the merest hint of spice: possibly cinnamon or nutmeg, as the spice note reminds me of Eggnog '07.

it's not a complex scent, but it's very lovely and comforting and i can see wearing this as a good all-around daytime scent, in sort of the same capacity of Antique Lace.

i've not yet worn it out of the house, so i don't know about it's magickal potency, but honestly, i kinda hope it doesn't work in that way, because i'd really like to get a bottle of this with my next order :wub2:

low to medium throw, not a morpher on me at all. if you like non-foodie vanilla and spice, you'll really like this!

:)

This is a sweet, jasmine/vanilla/honey blend. Sadly, jasmine amps to high-cat-pee hell on me so it's only starting to dry down now and give a hint of the sweetness. The cat-pee part is so unpleasant, though, I don't think I can stand it.

I get these notes from Love Me: Jasmine, rose, dragon's blood, patchouli, and sandalwood. (+and cassia, vanilla, frankincense?)

There is probably more going on -- the Conjure Oils tend to have a distinctive herbal base - - but those are the main things I smell. There is possibly some vanilla, but that could just be the combination of the jasmine and dragon's blood suggesting creamy sweetness. I don't smell any cinnamon or spice or smoke at all, but the patchouli does add a certain something that lends those qualities.

This morphs a lot, on me. I smell patchouli when putting it on, but then it instantly disappears. Jasmine and dragon's blood run out to take its place. As it dries, a woodsy base reveals itself -- the patchouli comes back. (I usually dislike patchouli, but here it's subtle and blends well.) It starts out a little strong, but over the course of an hour or two, it settles in nicely. The dragon's blood ebbs and flows slightly, and it's not until a few hours in that I suspect there's vanilla.

eta: nearly 12 hours later, it's still going strong. The patchouli is the strongest note, wrapped in a sweet, creamy cloud. It actually smells remarkably like Snake Oil, from a distance. Under nose I can pick out traces of dragon's blood and jasmine, and I think vanilla.

It's sweet, rich, and round. It projects but also clings to the skin and invites you in. More than any other conjure oil I've tried, this is simply a gorgeous perfume. I've smelled someone's ancient 10 mL, and this stuff ages fantastically, so if you like it, you won't regret getting a whole bottle.

Try it if you like: Dragon's Milk, The Presence of Love, Morocco...

--

eta: 8/27/10 - now that my imp is well aged, this scent is even more amazing, and it has gotten much spicier. I'm sure that one of the additional notes in this is cassia. Wet, I can still smell a lot of patchouli, but this is immediately overtaken by a wood and cinnamon-like note. The cinnamon note blends back in as it dries and seems a part of the wood notes, so I think it might be cassia rather than cinnamon -- but it's always possible both are present. It reminds me very much of Morocco, without the musk. Morocco with a ton of jasmine. I LOVE it.

There's also a slight smokiness that I couldn't smell when it was fresh. It's still pretty faint on my skin, just a slight haze in the base notes. It isn't sharp, it's a slightly earthy resin, so I'm guessing it's frankincense or something in that family.

Edited by naeelah

This is a very smoky cinnamon straight out of the bottle, but once it dries down...holy of holies. It's an absolutely gorgeous spiced vanilla musk on me, creamy with just the right hints of fire and darkness, possibly some patchouli in the background...I don't know if I'd attract any manbait with this as I'd be too busy sniffing myself and looking like an idiot. :lol:

Edited by Invidiana

Starts out heavy on the jasmine with a touch of dragons blood and maybe some sort of musk. Dries down to a musky scent. I'm not a fan of how this blend starts out, but once it dries down it isn't bad. Definitely not bottle worthy and I don't think I'll be keeping the imp around, either.

My imp is at least a year old. When I first got it, I put it in my "stuff I don't really like, but I'm not totally sure" pile. I went back to it on a whim a few days ago... and I've been wearing it every day since.

Fortunately, I don't smell any dragon's blood, which is among my least-favorite notes. My guess is that the dragon's blood is what caused me to not like it when new.. but it disappears with time. This scent ages wonderfully.

Its not as complex/morphing as what I'm used to wearing, but when I smell this delicious, that's a good thing. I'm awful at pinpointing notes, but I do get something cinnamon-y (but not in a firey, red-hots, or foodie way).

The throw is good, but not too strong. I like a strong scent, and I get it with Love Me without having to worry about overpowering everyone around me.

This scent was a big surprise. It is excellent stuff. Yes, it is bottle-worthy when aged.

Jasmine and almost smoky vetiver while wet on my skin. Softens a bit as it dries, but stays pretty smoky and the jasmine is still strong. I just cannot do this scent.

Love Me does not inspire love in me, that's for sure.

It smells like cinnamon in the imp. I've always associated cinnamon with sweet things, like cinnamon sugar on toast, but... this is not a sweet, happy cinnamon. This is a very bitter, ugly cinnamon. My initial reaction is yuck, but I'll try it anyway.

Wet: More bitter cinnamon plus a floral which is assuredly not sweet enough to counter the bitterness.

I didn't let this dry on me; I just washed it off.