Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

Ooh, this is cinnamon and jasmine to my nose, creamy sweetness laced with smoky spice. Yum! It's not actually as demanding as those two notes might indicate--it's compelling, but not overwhelming. Alluring, and definitely sexy. I like it. It is a bottle candidate, I think.

Love Me is very nice in the imp, but alas, I could not leave it on long enough to test it through to dry down. It must have cinnamon oil because it made me very red and itchy. Alas, cinnamon is usually not my friend :-(

The notes I detected where cinnamon, something sort of red/fruity/woods and perhaps patchouli. If you can wear cinnamon, give this one a try, because it is complex and interesting. Wish I could test it out on my sweety :-) For now I'll stick to French Love. :P

In bottle: dark and syrupy and thick

Dark sweet and spicy, I think I smell some cloves

Wet: brighter but still spicy, although not smelling the cloves, however I think I’m getting some patchouli (and slight headache – we’ll see if I last with this one).

Yup, definitely patchouli.

Later: I had to scrub most of it off because it was making me ill. :P

The little bit of dark spiciness that lingers after the scrubbing is pleasant enough if I don’t sniff too much.

Summary: It definitely into the swap pile, but I can see that it would be really nice on someone without my patchouli issues and who likes dark, caramel spiciness.

Love Me started out as being sharply cinnamony and syrupy with a hint of smoke and citrus.

As others have mentioned I think I smell Dragon's Blood Resin and jasmin. I think there's also vetiver and vanilla.

With the drydown the sharpness fades into a gorgeous warm soft pleseantly sweet spicy lovelyness.

It reminds me of Snake Oil a bit but this is softer and more powdery.

Divine.

holy shiznit, this is teh good stuff.

what can i say that hasn't been said already...at least not too many times...

it's a weird scent, that's for sure! but weird in a good, unpredictable way. definitely get that odd, but somehow very lovable root beer essence goin on. is that, what, anise/fennel? and i usually hate, hate, hate cinnamon, but mmm, yeah, this has cinnamon in it that i do like. wth? :D

so let's say that i wasn't so thrilled with it at first, but the imp really won me over, and fast. and i really can't say why. shrug.

in any case...i'll be getting a bottle soon. :P

oh, and efficacy? haven't gotten lucky over it yet, but the mang has actually said that this one smells good, and that's honestly a first for him. he just doesn't like smellies of any kind very much...unless it's pure sandalwood essential oil. so that's something! heh.

Morphs nicely on my skin - it is a warm, lightly-spiced light vanilla on me and did not get powdery. It did not morph in my silver locket, unfortunately; it retained a metallic/sharp note. Good to wear as a perfume but not for my locket.

The initial stage of Love Me smells like dragon's blood and patchouli on my skin. It's a very strong, commanding red scent. When it dries down, the cinnamon really starts to come out more. The dragon's blood is still there, but it is tamed down to a smoky/resinous back drop for the cinnamon.

I like the early stages of this very much, but it gets a little too cinnamon for me on the dry down. I do like this, though, and I'm sure if I wore this to the bar the boys would swoon. :P

in the vial: cold milk

on me: pepper, someting sweet like sweat but not gross. Kind of like sex and maple syrup

later: brown sugar rice pudding, oatmeal, cinnamon, and syrup

Interesting.

Having read other reviews, and having allergies that manifest on my skin, I was deeply grateful not to have a reaction to the cinnamon here (as I absolutely did with Possets Cadmium Red, for example).

What reaction did I have? It works! I love me! I think I'm the sexiest thing on legs! Wait... was that the intention?

Seriously: Wet, I get all the sweetness of the dragon's blood (which always, always plays well for me; the next time I slaughter some dragons, I'll remember to bring my bucket); the woods; and an almost musky spiciness. As the scent settled down, the patchouli, another favorite, rose up and took command, with the sweetness remaining in the background; maybe this is where people are getting the "cherry Coke" impression. As Love Me dried, I got more and more of the vanilla in the space around me. Fantastic throw, fantastic staying power, and a warm sensuality (a very adult sensuality -- the woods, I think, really add to the sit-up-and-take-notice quality) just as I'd hoped from this oil. Effects on others yet to be fully tested!

this is... sweet, effervescent, spicy and smokey. that seems contradictory but there you go. i REALLY like the smell. after a while it becomes something like burning leaves. it's delicious. as for its intended purpose... well, i haven't had the opportunity to test THAT yet, but i'll report back once i have. :P

Love Me smells like Dragon's Milk with added jasmine, and possibly a touch of civit. I have just touched the tip of the imp's wand to my wrist and the smell is making my head reel, incredibly strong throw, and very headache making. Don't think I'll manage to wear this to test its efficacy :P

In the vial (initial impression):

I'm curious to see what a voodoo blend is like - hmm, well rich, potent and dominant is right! A sexy invasion of roses and musk, perhaps.

Initially on (wet):

Eh, soap. Soap scented with roses and - lilacs? Yes, heavy lilacs. I love lilacs, but this is nearly overwhelming.

Wearing it (dry):

10-20 mins after application, it's all lilacs and soap to me. It's not bothering me or anything, but it's not something I'd wear, I think, and not quite "me" - hmm.

20-30 mins after application, it's smelling a bit more like incense, and roses are coming through better. It's still heavy on lilacs and has a touch of soap to it.

An hour later, it's an oddly dry and powdery mix of soap, roses and lilacs. It's quite strong, and not all that unpleasant, but so not me. There's a touch of vanilla in there, too, I think.

6 hours later, it's more vanilla with a touch of lilacs and a slight air of soap to it.

Finally:

10 hours and still pretty much hanging around, so it lasts well, but - not a keeper for me. :P

In the vial:

vanilla

On me:

Everyone seems to be getting such different things out of this blend. I'm almost afraid I don't REALLY have Love Me, because I'm getting vanilla and a light floral. It's very warm and sweet, and quite pleasant. Reminds me somewhat of Vixen.

Final note:

Very nice!

Love Me does not, sadly, love me. Within minutes of application I had a huge skin reaction which didn't go away for an hour even after washing it off. :P My skin still feels pretty tender eight hours later... boo!

In the imp:

Florals and... pine?

Wet:

It's not pine, but there is definitely a sharp smell that I can't pin down. Almost no floral, though, on me. The sharpness disappears/blends in very quickly, and there is now a smell that is maddenly familiar to me, but I can't pin it down. Something I think I associate with my childhood, not unpleasant, but not necessarily perfume-related. I'm pretty sure that this is the same note or combination of notes that other reviewers are associating with "cola". Anyway, it smells different but good. As it's drying more, I can also smell the sweet note that people are associating with bubble gum. I still can't figure out what this reminds me of, though.

Dry:

I have no idea what this smells like, kinda of incesey, but it's pretty enough that I would wear it again. It's not really wowing me at the moment, but I will probably end up buying a full bottle just because I have ended up loving all of the Voodoo Blends once I wore them once or twice.

I will wear this to work today and let you know if I notice any of the "voodoo" effects.

Edited by n3m3sis42

In the imp: Sweet cinnamon... cola.

Wet: Same. I really want to lick my wrist!

Initial Drydown: The cola note is fading quickly, leaving a warm cinnamon incense with a touch of vanilla and florals. I'm hoping this doesn't morph too much because I am really liking this!

Later Drydown: Well it is morphing - and I like it even more! It's getting a bit smoky and darker, I'm thinking there may be a touch of vetivert in this maybe? Or perhaps patchouli.

Dry: Oh wow, sexy cinnamon! This is a rich warm cinnamon and vanilla, with a touch of musk, resin and smoke. Maybe some woods way underneath too. There is the tiniest hint of floral but I have to go searching for it to find it. Strangely enough I am not getting any dragon's blood (although there is something resinous) from this and we have a mutual love affair. There's some throw, not a whole lot but enough to make me happy.

Shit this is sexy as! Makes me want to go jump someone! Commanding and dominant are very apt words. Pity my partner doesn't like cinnamon :P

Hey that's clove in there too I swear! I love clove but my skin eats it even faster than it does cinnamon.

After an hour and a half the florals start emerging a little more, but are very nicely controlled by the other notes. Cinnamon is still very much dominant which is surprising and pleasing as normally my skin's started to eat it by now, Chimera being the only exception (and I've tried a lot of cinnamon!). Even more pleasing is that I can still smell cloves.

This is definitely my favourite of the Voodoo blends, and will possibly be my first bottle from that category. Does it work? Well it does on me, but on him? Don't know yet but I intend to find out :D

Commanding? Dominant? Sounds great!

In the Imp: Musk. Musky musky musk musk, with red patchouli and something sweet and floral. It's heavy and smoky and thick.

Wet: Hello cinnamon, but not so much as to be overwhelming. And it's black musk in here for sure-- that slightly disturbing, dark, almost-civet-but-not-quite richness. Definitely some patchouli, maybe a hint of vetiver, floral or spice, but mostly black musk with a capital... BLACK MUSK. It's not bad, but it's not exactly pretty either.

Dry: Softened, but the same. Black musk, a touch of something floral, a little patchouli, a little spice, and maybe a hint of something sweet. Tonka? This isn't my favorite, simply because black musk isn't my favorite, but it's not at all offensive, either. I'll probably hang on to it in order to test its supposed effects, but I won't wear it for scent all that often.

Feh. Dusty dry-sweet patchouli-dragon'sblood-musk. Everyone seems wild about this one -- not so much. I could care less if it works, frankly -- I can't bear the scent.

And MAN is it strong. I put a dab in my cleavage and one on the back of my neck and it's overpowering everything. And normally I have difficulty smelling my perfume when it's applied to my pulse points, cleavage, and hairline. ((goes to wash it off))

Another of my first buys. I was searching for a 'sexy' scent. At first sniff it smells deep and almost woody. Once on I'm reminded of pine forests on a warm night, although it's not a particularly warm smell. It smells slightly clove like when wet, when it's drying the cinnamon comes out. It's definitaly not an overtly feminine scent, and a little too masculine for my liking. But it does have good staying power (and clears my head and nose!)

I had an odd emotional reaction to this scent. I really, really disliked it at first sniff, but gave it a second chance, and now I love Love Me!

Wet, to me, it smelled very bitter, dark, and musky. I couldn't understand all the reviews saying it was sweet. It continued to smell very sharp and bitter for an hour or so...then it suddenly bloomed into a sweet, spicy lightly floral and vanilla musk. There's still something animalistic underneath, though. I don't get cinnamon at all, but maybe I'm just weird.

I like it. Very sexy. Probably a 4/5, and probably will be a 5ml purchase.

I've wanted to review this sucker for WEEKS! (Troubles finding Love Me in the Bewitching Brews...eh well.)

In the Imp: The best way I can say it is Cherry Cola before they add the soda water to it...All the bite with no effervescese.

Wet on skin: About the same, but with more of a cinnamon note to it.

Dry: An herb-y note comes out in this as well, and the whole thing gets amped to the millionth degree. This didn't do much for me in the beginning anyway, and the herb note is making me the slightest bit...nauseated, it's THAT strong.

Not for me, kthxbye.

Da-yum. This oil is luscious and addictive.

In the bottle, it smelled so suspiciously like All Night Long (the only other Voodoo blend I've tried) that I was almost disappointed. A tad bit musky, sweet cassia (which I would later decide was cinnamon, not cassia). In fact, I huffed the imp so strongly hoping for something different, that I was sent into a fit of sneezes and my nostril burned. :P Here's where I get scared to test it out.

On my skin, it didn't burn at all. I smelled musk particularly (to my delight... for my oils, musk is ALWAYS a welcomed note), and some kind of woods. I'm thinking red sandalwood, maybe? It's much less spicy on my skin (bonus point #2). At this point, I think of it as a warm, sweet skin scent (skin musk?) and cinnamon bark. It's quite understated and close to the skin. I do love the musk, but I have mixed feeling about the cinnamon. The night wears on...

...Later on, this gets sexier and more interesting. The cinnamon has faded to a light sweet note, and the musk is becoming enrapturing. At this point I'm beginning to feel convinced there's a drop of civet in here (rawr) and I can't budge my nose from my arm. It's something SO FAMILIAR. After obsessively racking my brain, I decide it might be champaca flower, and MAYBE red patchouli. (*My belief is furthered after I researched champaca, and found that it's a supposed aphrodisiac, causing euphoria, warmth, and stress reduction). It's damn-near resinous, but clearly woodsy and floral. Just... phenominal. Alluring, soothing, sensual... a scent to be shared by those who have the pleasure of getting close enough to you.

So my final verdict is maybe... cinnamon, musk, civet, champaca flower, red sandalwood, red patchouli. Just guesses. I can't wait to try this on my boyfriend (er, with my boyfriend, I mean?), and a 5 ml bottle could be in my future.

Edited by hipslike___cinderella

This smelled God awful in the bottle. Considering my low expectations, this was actually a surprise. It is floral, oh so floral. Commanding is a reasonable description. It's a little like getting assaulted be someone's garden, a really dom garden. Not my thing and there are better floral scents available from this company, including Alice above. There is something slightly jarring in the bass notes, but nothing bad enough to force me to run wash it off. Do not spill even a drop on your lip because OMG the burning!

In the imp: this initially smells like cherry-or strawberry, or something. I'm scared. Hold me!

On the skin: Morphs instantly into vanilla spice HEAVEN. Still something the tiniest touch fruity in the background - fruity in the way that snake oil is fruity, a subtly secondary dragon's blood-like incidental fruitiness. This is scrumptious, and has throw for days!!!

Dry down: I understand the reviews that say this smells cola-y....like I understand the reviews that say some of my other favorite scents are reminiscent of play-doh, because I can vaguely see where they are coming from. However, if this is cola...this is sexy, expensive, spicy high-class cola, that would probably burn my throat. Instead, to me this smells like a spicy, warm, sexy, somehow classic, come hither scent for the ages. Also, it totally works...Peeps want to get up next to me whenever I wear this, leaning in close to smell me, sitting a little closer, lingering a bit longer in my general space...Guys were opening doors, buying me stuff, and generally behaving more gentlemanly than usual....let's not even get into what effect it had on my boyfriend :P

This perfume's a hands down winner. During the drydown, the spices mellow, and some soft jasmine-like fragrance comes out, leaving this an entirely well-rounded scent. Very well-done! :D

imp: spicy florals. i'm certain there's cinnamon in here becasue it's burning my nose just like inferno does.

wet: cinnamony carnation. or jasmine. maybe lilac... lillies? and, as with inferno, my arm is on fire where the oil is seeping in.

dry: i'll settle on cinnamon jasmine. this smells pretty good but the cinnamon is burning me so badly i would never wear it again. too bad.