Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Love Me

A commanding, dominant oil that increases sexual magnetism, creates an intense and irresistible air of attraction, and amplifies potency.

In the bottle: Wood, possibly cedar, and something astringent over it.

Wet: Still wood and spices coming out, I can't relly define which spices. It smells a bit like a spice cabinet with a jumble of scents.

Drydown: The spices get stronger and stronger, now I'm thinking pepper, and it's taking over the wood that hangs around as a base. It also smells quite smoky and mysterious. There's also a sweet and soapy scent I've already smelled in the Voodoo blends, but mostly it's quite a dry scent.

Overall: Um... well, all it gives me is a slightly sore throat from the spice and dryness. I'm not a fan of the soapy component of the blend, and of spicy or incensey blends in general. Quite pleasant and pretty, but not my thing. I get why it works as a love oil, though, with all those spices and smoke... Edited by Shollin

In the imp: Is that patchouli?

Wet on skin: Gah! It is patchouli!

Dry on skin: Patchouli, patchouli, patchouli with a touch of something slightly creamy. Several hours later (i.e. 6 or 7), it's settled into patchouli + powder + something slightly sweet.

Overall: 5/10. Not a patchouli fan, mostly because my chemistry amps patchouli over everything else in a blend. I was worried about reviews that mentioned cinnamon - did not get the burning welts that I've gotten with cinnamon/cassia blends in the past, so I'm either not as sensitive as I was, the cinnamon's not as concentrated in this blend, or there is no cinnamon. Very long-lasting scent on me. Wore this while I wasn't around other people, so if I find that it is as alluring as the description says it is, I'll edit again and up the overall score.

On-Patchouli? Or vetiver? Something herbal, dark and sharp, almost musty, which fades back to a floral-rose maybe? mixed with dragon's blood, and finally the minty note I associate with birch. Strangely, I do find it rather pleasant at that stage, whereas I didn't like it at all in Kathmandu or Hamadryad. However, not one I'll be keeping.

I received this as a "bonus imp" from Beth.

Loved how it smelled....

However - - - 5 minutes after I put it on in the crooks of my elbows, I noticed a burning sensation.

I took off my shirt.

HUGE red splotches!

Washed that off in a jiffy!

I wonder if it's the cinnamon to which everyone refers?

OH well - I'll trade this one off.

I'm a-wearing this for the first time today.

It sure is complex!

I am thinking of this as Czernobog's sister, she's a Gypsy Daisy duke, bustin out all over in her little caravan on the outskirts of the Carnaval Noir...She's got a brisk little trade in herbal remedies, and if you're really in need, or whatever, she'll take you into the back corner where it's dark and dusty and take down a jar that contains camphor-clove candy. I swear I have been to her shop, maybe when I was kid in Isla Vista in the 70's. she was just passing through, but she had herbs hanging from the ceiling, and some frangipangi incense, I will never forget the smell of that place.

My husband says, "hmph, it smells like a head shop inthe mall."

I say it goes perfectly with almonds and raisins.

Get a bottle, Shan. And some way to make room scents... And keep on wearing it. It is good.

In the vial: I'm kind of at a loss. I can't identify anything that's in this blend - it smells nice, though.

On me: There is definitely something spicy in here - cinnamon? I'm also smelling herbs, woodiness, and perhaps a hint of jasmine now.

Someone here on the forums said it smelled almost like an incensey Coca-cola, and I agree. It is really yummy! Unfortunately, the throw isn't that great, and it seems to be fading much quicker than I imagined it would.

Verdict: I like this scent a lot. I probably won't wear it often, though. It is a Voodoo Blend, so I think it may just get use when I'm in need of its intended services.

Rating: 3/5

Love Me was a frimp in my last order. Thanks Labbies!

Yowza! Jasmine, followed closely by cinnamon. Getting a little burning sensation where I put it on the back of my hand. I'll have to be careful with this one, maybe mix in with lotion. This is a complex blend, somewhat reminicent of Voodoo, as someone else noted.

I can't identify the other notes. Maybe some vanilla? Something vaguely medicinal smelling, as well. I have no idea. Whatever it is I don't think I've smelled it before.

Anyway, I like it best of all the Voodoo blends I've tried. It's pretty unusual.

Love Me is quite woody. Woody and patchouli, but there is a sweetness to it as well. On me it settles down into something sweet and vaguely medicinal, but just the right level of sweetness for me; most of the "sexy" blends are too sweet.

This is a scent I would wear just in case it works :P not to sniff my wrists and go "Ah, good!" but I am wearing it quite regularly.

Love Me - This is a gorgeous blend! On my skin, it’s very warm and has sweetness from the florals and herbs in the blend, but more than anything, I notice cinnamon. It’s the smoothest cinnamon I’ve encountered, and quite possibly the only blend with cinnamon in it that I could wear without getting agitated from the scent. I can’t help but wonder if there’s a touch of vanilla in this blend that helps smooth out the spiciness of the cinnamon. I was happy to note that there doesn’t seem to be any jasmine in this blend like there usually is in voodoo love blends – or if there is, it doesn’t amp up on my skin for some reason. It’s a gorgeous blend and although the throw is light, it lasts for hours and hours and hours. I applied it around 8:00 in the morning, and at 8:30 in the evening, I could still detect it on my skin. I was testing it for scent, but now that I know how lovely the scent is the next step is to test it for intent. I’ll report back on that soon!

I can't comment on how well this works for its purpose, but I like the scent of it. It smells spicy, like cinnamon, but not overly so. There's also something powdery underneath the spice. Maybe some kind of wood, too. It definitely smells like it would attract people, I've been sniffing my wrist compulsively since I put it on. I like this a lot, even just as a perfume.

Mmm, this is nice. Sultry cinnamon with hints of smoky wood and something animalic and the barest whisper of yellow flowers. It's warm and inviting. It smells grown-up, worldly. I don't know yet if it increases my sexual magnetism and potency, but I'm hopeful. The spiciness certainly is stimulating and uplifting to me. I'll wear it as perfume for my own pleasure as well as more devious uses. :-)

First post here!(and sorry for my grammar, english is not my mother tongue :P )

Anyways, I got the "Love me" imp(among others) from the awesome Jenn(from the bust lounge), and I LOVE it. On me it smells the exact same way it smells inside the imp, a little cinnamon, cloves? and somehow smoky.Very spicy. I can't smell the vanilla...at least not yet. For the first 20 minutes i had red marks where I put it in my arms, but now they are gone! (so that was weird).

About it's voodoo effects... I don't know yet.. I made my friend's bf smell my arm, and he said it was "ok". My friend(his girlfriend) smelt it and she said it smelled like "one of those shops were they sell candles" lol, so I suppose she meant incense(english is not her mother tongue either). I wonder what's the ingredient from this oil that attracts men?

Anyways, I love it!

Pepper, Cinnamon, Mint, and a dash of sugary tone. It's very strong when it first went on, but as it's dying down it seems to be going more powdery on me. It's an odd scent, and one that I'm not sure I like so much. Reminds me of more of an old lady scent, and not in a good way.

I get dragon's blood resin, tamarind, vanilla, patchouli, and cedar from this blend.

Patchouli isn't really my thing, but the drydown on this is such a sweet wonderful tamarind vanilla that I'll wear it at home and enjoy it.

at first love me smelled like cinnamon and baby powder with a jasmine/honeysuckle edge to it, both notes which can be hit or miss. when the perfume dried down, it improved, i get mostly a woody-cinnamon, but it reminds me too much of men's obsession by calvin klein. oh, skin chemistry. 

2021: i just retried this, a million years later and i like it a lot more and it doesn't smell like obsession to me now. it reminds me of guerlain's shalimar actually. it starts with an indolic jasmine and cola and later i get spices and later on a smoky incense. i really love this one now that i'm older.

Edited by theseagrows

I wore this last night, but went to bed before I could finish up my thoughts. This was another one of those imps where I kind of freaked at the sniff from the imp, but found it far better once on the skin. I also tried this last week unaware of its intended purpose (picked something to test out before going out to play tennis at night). I tried again last night having read the description after dabbing a little on, as both the DH and I have the rest of the week off though, so we were mostly just kicking about at home last night (:

In the imp: Whoa ... can't work out anything, it's quite potent! It's a lovely warm red-orange colour. Not sure I like the sharp thing, there's patchouli, and ...? Nothing that immediately makes me think dragon's blood (from having sniffed Blood and Dragon's Heart), but I'm game (:

Wet on skin: this is smokey, and the sharp thing is mellowing out, and there's something sweet in there also, kind of like bubblegum like others have noted.

Dry on skin: something woodsy. Not Woodsy green, but woodsy rich red. Something heady. There is something spicy there, DH picked up cinnamon, it's kind of spicy-powdery, and there's a hint of fresh pencil shavings (sandalwood?, cedar?) too...

Comment on intended effect: Even though I was tired last night, when DH and I went to bed, we stayed awake for quite a while just flirting about and talking about everything and nothing, no pressure to actually *do* anything about it either, which was good seeing as I was in dire need of rest! Hey, if Love Me was a helping hand in setting this sort of mood, I'm all for it!

this was a frimp from the lab - i recognize immediately the similarity to the TAL oil Dixie Love Perfume. like dixie love, love me is a disconcerting, sharp jasmine, but it also has a sweet cinnamon in it, and is slightly darker and smokier overall than the tal oil. i seem to smell dragon's blood too...it is sweet, and somewhat candy-ish. i rather like this smell - it's strange at first, but it really grows on me. another winner in the voodoo category - i'm finding that i like nearly all of these. i'll have to try this out and see if it works!

Love Me-

In Bottle: Something resinous and kind of...off. Man, Voodoo Scents and I just do not care for each other.

Wet: Oh, it's much nicer on my skin--kind of wood-and-cinnamon.

Dry: No, this just doesn't work on me. There's an underlying...unpleasant cloying thing that was in the first sniff that comes out again with time, and I just can't do it. It seems to be common to most of the Voodoo Blends and they just don't work for me.

Overall: Not for me.

In the imp: Kind of astringenty wood to me. Slightly cedar-y?

Wet: Strangely, I get a whiff of mint from this, but the cedar smell has deepened and patchouli has started to come out.

Dry: This has become a type of creamy, cinnamony wood on me. Oh, it really is lovely. :P I was told by a date that it smelled nice. (And then we put it on him and it was not so nice, heh.) Does it work? Not sure yet. But I do like it very much.

I got this in a bunch of imps bought from the fabulous Silverlilac. It is very different, nothing like any traditional perfume, but I like it quite a lot. I don't get much wood or any cedar at all, really. It seems very sweet, but also spicy--call me crazy, but I get a lot of cloves from it, and just a smidge of cinnamon. My husband said the same thing. Oddly, the other BPAL scent that it reminds me of is Laudanum, which is also clove-y and spicy on me. Maybe my skin amps clove. I don't mind because I like the smell of clove. Love Me is also quite sweet on me. I do get a hint of a 'cola' scent, but that fades fairly quickly and isn't cloying or offensive at all, it melds with the spices and the sweetness.

Oh, and as far as the voodoo properties....it seems to work :P

I bought a bottle of this unsniffed just 'cause, and I have to say, this is my favorite Voodoo blend scent-wise (we'll see about purpose wise later :P ). I do not get any jasmine in this, much to my happiness and surprise, although i'm sure it is probably in there, just not to the nth degree. I smell lots of cedar, some vanilla perhaps and maybe a little cinnamon, maybe a little mint as well. This is SO yum, I could go on and on and on. The scent lasts, as well, which is an added bonus, as if it didn't I'd be reapplying it often.

So, whether or not this works as it's intended to, I am going to wear it. A lot.

I worry because it's a voodoo blend, and 80% of the voodoo blends are pure citrus death on me. But I'll give it a shot. *sniff* Spicy citrus. A touch of cedar? A smidge of incense and florals, too. I don't hate it, which is good, but the citrus component means it will probably never be one of my favorites.

So different in the imp vs. on my skin!

In the imp, I do get the astringent/cedary note, and that is predominant. But the minute this touches my skin, it becomes ENTIRELY different! I smell like a spicy cupcake, or a coffeecake, with creamy frosting. YUM! Cinnamon, very foody, plus maybe some clove and allspice. All very bakery-like, and extremely tasty.

Will have to test it on the husband, but, personally, I think I smell pretty darn tasty. We'll see if he agrees..... :P Regardless of how this works, however, it's worth wearing just for the lovely wafting spices.

Wow. I got an imp of Love Me in my advent calender this morning so I tested it out with a small dab on my elbow, and wow. The effect this has had on my state of mind is just incredible. The only thing I can think of to compare it to is rose oil. I don't think there is any rose in this, but rose is the only other oil that makes me feel immediately relaxed, carefree and confident. ...Although, come to think of it, this has a much less 'pure' effect than rose - it makes me feel kittenish :P

to me it smells almost like herbal, insencey coca cola.

- that absolutely sums up the first few minutes on my skin. It's not really my kind of scent, but I stuck with it because the throw was so deliciously spicy-sweet. It really gets up your nose, in the best possible way. The drydown just gets better and better. My nose isn't nearly good enough to identify the notes in this, but I'm not getting any woods - just smoky, darkly sweet & playful cinnamon incense. This is the kind of scent that lingers on the skin. I can imagine my OH burying his face in my neck to smell this one - I'll have to try it out at the weekend... :D