Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

soft, creamy, cool, slight hint of coconut milk and slight hint of almond, joined together in a beautiful scent. It is very light, and simple, yet compelling. I don't get vanilla, mint, pineapple or flowers at all. I like this a lot, but around the 30 minute mark it developed a "dirty" edge to it (the same dust note that I get from Midway), and I don't know yet if that's just the way it is on me (I hope not!), or if that is because I had tried on a different scent first (even though I did wash it off...). But nothing plasticky, artificial or otherwise bad. I'll try it again, and if I don't get the "dirt", I'll probably be buying a bottle, since it is such a nice all-season scent.

Edited to add:
Pineapple appears after several hours. The dirt/dust note sticks around for an hour or so, and then it disappears when the pineapple appears. I'm glad it goes away, but it's long enough that I might not get a bottle. I love the beginning though-the scent of snowflakes in a bottle. :P

In the Bottle:Mmmm now this is a nice homey scent. There's the crisp clean scents and then layered just under that is a sweet almond that's very very light, I hven't smelled the flowers yet but I think those will come when applied.

Wet: Oh yes yes yes yes YES. Fantastic! It's sweet and crisp, tantilizing yet subdued. Perfect scent that that "I'm feeling girlie but not THAT girlie" day.

Drydown:This just got sweeter. I know it will be a major bother to try and find this after it's over so I'll be purchasing a bottle for treasuring. Although I like the scent it's not something I'll die without, however I'm sure this will be a bear to find later.

I’m usually nervous about trying really popular scents for the first time. It’s kind of like hearing too much about a really great movie before you see it – you often end up disappointed. So I was expecting to be somewhat disappointed in Snow White, especially since light and milky/creamy scents haven’t done so well by me yet.

Wrong. This lives up to every fabulous review of it.

It’s very coconut on me. Not cheap fake tanning-oil coconut, but a creamy, billowing coconut full of innocence, warmth and light. I can’t discern other specific notes, perhaps a bit of pineapple, except to know that there is something other than coconut in there that blends to create an incredibly unique scent. After a couple of hours I think I detect some light florals too.

Snow White has some long strong arms! It’s got a long reach, and staying power. Three hours later it’s still wafting up to me, almost as strong as when I first applied it.

Genius.

This is lovely stuff on me. I've honestly never smelled anything like it in the world besides the crisp, cool air of a snowy day, and I was fortunate enough to have one right after I got my package in the mail to compare. Sadly, it doesn't seem to last very long on me, but I'll be wearing it often and happily to relive the austere beauty of the snow.

'05 Version--

Wow... a fruity version of Dorian. This is really lovely. Sweet vanilla. a hint of almond and an underlying tart fruity note.

Sadly it fades so quickly :P

this smells.. white. but i like it. its crisp.. am i getting a hint of vanilla? that must be the flowers, but they are sweet/dusty, very dry, but not floral in the way i expected. i'm totally getting vanilla. i don't get almond or coconut, just light, faint, paperwhite vanilla. delicious!

I was all excited to get the chance to try famous Snow White this year, after hearing so much about her. Unfortunately, Snow White is creamy Scotch tape on me!! I'm *not* ready to give up on her yet, so she's going to sit in a cool, dark box for a few months and we'll try again. :P

(2005 version)

Combine the Snow White hype with the fact that my fairy-tale counterpart is Snow White, and you have a bottle that I'm willing to buy untested.

Wet, it smells creamy with a tiny green undertone. After it dries, I smell coconut (still creamy), and an edge that is EXACTLY the smell of snow and winter air. Yum. I'm not going to hoard many bottles of this one, but I'm definitely keeping the one I have now, and if it's out again next year, it will be my Christmas present to myself.

(This is my first review...hopefully I'll get better at this!)

Snow White 2005 is a nice blend of creamy and floral... definitely homey. I think what I'm smelling is coconut and something else, maybe vanilla? The floral part (not sure what kind of flowers) of the perfume seems very cool and crisp. I get a picture of tiny, delicate night-blooming white flowers, snow blowing on a breeze outside and not at the same time, as the creamy and floral (although nicely blended) seem to become more pronounced than the other, a vision of a home that's warm... candles, blankets, pillows, and a fire place.

Pretty! I was thinking this was going to be roses, but its not. Its creamy, almondy, with a slight pineapple undertone. A little coconuty too. I think I might have to snag a bottle before it goes away. This completely surprised me and blew me away

This is the first limited edition I've ever bought! I smell delicate florals, which I can't quite identify, and a teeny hint of pineapple. It's a creamy scent, subtle but long lasting on me. It definitely reminds me of the way virgin snow looks, and now I want to ride in a horse-drawn sleigh, like in Dr. Zhivago, or like the White Witch. Very evocative!

Ancientgirl

My unfortunate review of Snow White from last year:

On me, Snow White smelled liked buttered popcorn Jelly Belly jelly beans and plastic! Buttered popcorn jelly bellies are my LEAST favorite jelly bean, and they are gag inducing if I happen to eat one by accident. *sniffle*

ETA: Leslie260 hit the nail right on the head when she said it smells plastic-y like Scotch Brand Magic tape (or cellophane). That's EXACTLY it! THAT kind of plastic.

I took a chance this year and tried Snow White again. I'm not sure whether it was slightly reformulated or if something in my body chemistry changed a bit, but Snow White smells great on me this year! :P

I think it smells like a lush, dewy white lily. A very delicate white floral with a slight hint of coconut and maybe a little vanilla. None of the Scotch tape or buttered popcorn jelly beans from last year. I'm so happy!

Yet another Yule LE which smells awful on me. It smells like a "turned" version of Bath and Body Works Rice Flower and Shea (which I love). Something about this makes my stomach get upset when I smell it. Creamy and somewhat green, kind of plastic-y, and very not for me. Maybe I should stick to Antique Lace after all for a creamy white scent.

I had to try Snow White. It seems like most everybody loves it so I bought a bottle (2005). I was a little worried that maybe I was getting my expectations up too high.

When I sniff it in the bottle, it smells like sun tan lotion. You know, that fake creamy coconut smell? Bleh. And it smells the same on wet.

I was beginning to worry that this one turned horrible on me. It took a good three minutes or so before it changed. And wow!

So soft and creamy. It's like a floral vanilla. It really is amazing and in a way it reminds me of French Vanilla Ice Creame.

Thankfully I got to try it in time to realize how much I liked it so I had enough time to order a second bottle. Just in case.

The only thing I wish is that it was a little stronger on me. It's not weak exactly but I do have to apply more than most perfume oils to get it at a good level. But ah well, I'm willing to do that for this one.

10/10

Edited by silver_springs

I was sure this one would go to plastic on me but I had to try this so-famous scent. I needn't have worried, hooray. I get a breath of coconut and a hint of pine at the outset but them it is just crisp new snow, sweetened in the slightest way by an echo of florals. It is a very unusual scent. So glad I got a bottle.

I admit I was expecting something pretty wonderful, considering how well liked (and talked about) this scent is.

In the bottle, this smells sweet.

Wet, this smells *just* like Dana O'Shee when it's wet.

Dry, this continues to smell a lot like Dana O'Shee, but it's lighter than Dana (it doesn't have any grains). It makes me think of a windy version of Dana. After about two or so hours, there are a few more notes - something a bit fruity, almost.

Overall, I was a bit disappointed - I was expecting really different. I think I'm going to age my bottle and see if it smells different in a few months.

I also get a hint of B&BW Rice Flower and Shea from this, just a bit but enough to make it slightly familiar smelling to me. While I love the smell of the B&BW scent in the bottle, it turns into straight Play-Doh on my skin :P so I can't wear it. Snow White, on the other hand, doesn't do that on me. Snow White is hardly identical though- it is much, much more complex and unusual and amazing. The B&BW smell is very sweet and kind of simple in comparison.

This scent is barely sweet on me, which I like. No vanilla. No flowers. It does smell like cold, like winter somehow. Like crisp frozen air with a creamy, smooth edge to it. I do find it wistful and somewhat melancholy. I picture emptiness somehow, like a field covered with snow far out in the wilderness. It also reminds me of something from childhood, and I'm not quite sure what.

Oddly when I first applied, it was almost impossible to detect. Only when it dried did it start smelling like much of anything. Weird. I am glad I have a bottle on the way though!

I'd give it a 5 out of 5. It grew on me. It's amazingly unique too, there's nothing quite like it out there.

I tested it again later and indeed, it is almost undetectable to my nose when wet, and then is reasonably strong and long lasting dry. I've never had that experience with a scent before, that's for sure. I put on a TON at first since I had no idea it would do that, and it lasted a good 9-10 hours, noticeable to me on just one wrist. As I've continued to wear it I realize it is a "slather" scent- not enough and it's too faint, though it lasts well nonetheless. I'm glad I have an imp (actually two!) as well as the bottle. I'll need them all!

I'm a huge dork and have to add that oddly enough, Snow White tastes much like it smells. I licked a finger I'd used to pry open the imp and hmm, instead of hot chocolate there was Snow White!

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

This is delightful--a soothing, velvety coconut cream, with hints of musk and pineapple and something that smells almost toasty. It has surprising staying power for such a soft scent.

I never, but never get the vanilla and/or coconutty notes that other people seem to get. I'm not sure what this smells like - it seems to vary between smelling like what I imagine ivy must smell like to smelling like a cold flower. It's nice, but on me, it's not a winter scent - I'll start using this again in the summer, I think.

Edited by Supervixon

In the bottle: Honey and vanilla. I am excited b/c scents with honey notes have been working well lately.

Wet: Uh, oh. I got a really strong floral vanilla. As it dried the character changed. Good!

Dry: Sweet coconut, vanilla, almonds, pineapple. Wow, this reminds me of Hawaiian Tropic tanning oil! This is a pleasant scent, but not what I would wear for perfume.

BTW, the label art is wonderful!

I feel the need to forego my usual review format for this scent, and so I will.

Snow White is a song to me. A specific song. Tan Dun's "Yearning of the Sword" from Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon. It is a sorrowful, wistful, yearning scent. It is the first snowfall of the season. Not the bitterly cold, miserable snowfall of winter - but the first soft, quiet snow. The kind of snow that falls silently down, and the rest of the world seems to be silenced by it. It smells clean and cold, and it clings softly to your eyelashes and your hair. The world seems blanketed in something fresh and pure.

Snow White is how your heart feels when you feel deep longing. When your heart aches for something so much, that every breath you take, seems a sigh. It is simultaneously empty, cold, and quiet and yet also hopeful and softly sweet. It is the loss of love and yet the youthful hope for the return of it.

Despite what I feel to be sorrowful undertones to this scent, I find myself completely enamoured of it. My mood of late might help contribute to my somewhat poetic feelings for this scent, but this scent is special. It touches me in more than just a way that makes me think, "This smells nice". It is not icy, but it is cool. It's slightly sweet with coconut and I believe a soft touch of mint. It is understated and yet powerful. It is airy and lovely and soft and feminine.

When I ordered Snow White, I ordered it more for the sake that it was a popular scent and I wanted to experience it. I had no expectations of liking it, it didn't seem like the kind of scent I'd enjoy. I was very surprised by it, and I am so glad I tried it. It's truly beautiful and I think it has it's reputation as a popular scent for a reason. This is, without a doubt, one of my favorite BPAL scents now, and I truly hope that Snow White will continue to make appearances.

Edited by Brianne

Coconut, musk and chill. Very white and creamy. No florals at all - a good thing in my book. The coconut is not suntan oil coconut, it's raher dessicated and grinded coconut pulp. It stays quite true, but it gets chiller and chiller. Long lasting and good throw too.

At first I tought it was sort of too plain, and then I realized it is the Yule LE I'm wearing the most.

Tender and understated, yet compelling. Definitely a winner.

Edited by mand

Wet, this is milky and soft and flowery. Very pretty. As soon as I put it on, however, the milk goes a bit off. Milk that isn't quite curdled yet, but I certainly wouldn't want to drink it. I'll swap this off to someone whose skin doesn't spoil it.

I have a cold, so I'm probably not picking up all the complexities of scents today. That said. . .

This is nothing like what I expected, but in a good way!

In the bottle it's pure feminine beauty. On my skin it's even better! I never believed anyone could make a scent with snow notes, but somehow Beth has managed it. I completely see why everyone praises her as a genius; she is!

As this scent warms on my skin, it's all sharp-sweetness like flowers covered in pure, white snow. There's a faint fruitiness too it, which evens out the bright-snow note, and the florals are the most delicate I've come across.

This is a BIG favourite of mine, now. :P It makes me feel so sophisticated and pretty.