Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

In the bottle it's a sharp, cold scent, it almost tingles my nose! On me though, it starts off a little sharp still, but smells very strongly of apple blossoms or some other kind of floral with just a hint of vanilla. Dry down, it becomes a wonderful vanilla-floral scent, and reminds me of baking smells or cookies in the oven.

In Imp: Unusual. I can get the vision of snow, based on the description. Also smells like something a little green underneath. Very muted green.

Wet: Good enough to make we want a bottle even before the dry down! There’s something fresh and surfacy about this, with a little vanilla underneath, although that’s not listed in the ingredients.

½ hr. Dry Down: A more muted version of freshly wet. Good staying power! I’ve worn this all day and can still smell it.

If anyone has ever smelled LUSH's snowcake soap I think this has a very similar scent. Snow White it creamy and milky with a little bit of sweetness. I don't think it really fits the descrition of snow flurries...or whatever it says. I am one of the few who does not like LUSH's Snowcake scent...and I think I'm one of the few here that isn't in love with Snow White.

So beautiful.

I don't know how it's possible, but it's crisp and creamy at the same time. A very soft, creamy, white floral with a crisp background. This also has incredible staying power. I put it on at 4:00 yesterday, went on a ten mile bike ride, came home and went to sleep and I could still smell it when I woke up this morning.

On a less helpful note, I think this is the first blend I've tried that smells like me. I really wish this wasn't discontinued. :P

A lovely forumite was kind enough to send me a sniffie of the 2005 version.

In the imp:

Very sweet and light.

Wet:

I can definitely see why others have called this "airy". It is beautifully light and creamy. If this doesn't morph horribly on my skin, I have a feeling I'm going to be heartbroken because I don't see this fragrance up for sale very often.

Dry:

I don't even know how to describe this. There's a fruity note, which some people have described as coconut, and I can see why but if it is, it's very light. It's sweet but not really foody, and very light and pretty. I really need this. Oh, well, maybe it will be re-released sometime. :P

I hadn't worn this in a while, but I'm making an effort to use my LE blends more, after the disaster of having Strawberry Moon turn bad on me. Better to run out because of happy usage than hang on to something that is slowly losing its goodness! So I slathered on the Snow White on the way to bed last night and spent an hour or so drowsily reading and sniffing my wrists (that sounds kinkier than it was...). The gentle creamy floral sweetness was just as I remembered, a scent that somehow reminds me of those little silver fairy bells, the really GOOD ones, not the cheap knock-offs, that emit a crystalline flurry of chiming when you roll the ball around in your palm. Snow White has that same fairy quality, something sparkly and not easily defined or grasped or held. And then... on about the 50th sniff... SNOW! Just for a second, a flash of scent memory that melted away as quickly as a snowflake on my skin, but I could see so clearly the image of flowers under snow, caught in ice, captured forever in this gorgeous perfume.

This is for the 2005 version...

One of the most beautiful fragrances I've ever smelled. This has to be in my top three list. It is innocent, fresh, and dreamy. Beth's snow based scents are my some of my favorites, and this has that cold, white quality that I love so much. I've had this since April when I received a bottle for my birthday but I haven't reviewed it yet because I never knew how to describe it. I still don't think I can do a very good job because all I want to repeat over and over is "beautiful" and "elegant" and so on. But it's true.

The florals are understated and crisp. I think there is a slight green note too, but it's not as present as the other notes. It's more of a feeling that goes along with the freshness of the flowers and the snow. There is a very pale milkiness or creaminess balancing out the sharper cold notes. It wears so well on my skin and lasts for hours even though it is a very light scent. I feel very calm and still when I wear this, which is so unexpected because I am often anxious, especially in public situations. That's probably why I love this so much.

Ah, this one sneaked up on me. I sniffed it and probably tried it on a few months before I fell in love with it. I prefer 04 but 05 doesn't take a far backseat to it! Really, the difference is very subtle. In fact the difference may be subtlety. 04 is a bit softer, more grounded and gentle. 04 is the shy, quiet sister and 05 yells once in a while and wears more makeup. :P

I'm reviewing 04: it's full of contradictions, cool yet warm, juicy yet powdery, green yet sweet...it's one of my all-time favorite scents. Without dissection, it's sweet powder. But there is a faint hint of the juiciest-ever apples. And that's all it takes to make the perfect scent.

In the imp: Warm and sweet, creamy and almost minty. This doesn't smell cold to me at all...

On the wrist: Mint again, but a sweet mint. Not cold, still. Almost an ozone note? This stays sweet and warm on me, not what I was expecting. Little girl sweet almost.

Drydown: This comes across as a sweet, round and white scent. Very innocent, very sweet. I don't think I can say "sweet" enough because that's the best word for this, the way it wears, the way it smells... It's got great staying power and an awesome throw, but it's not me. Swapped.

In the Imp: Nothing too special.

Wet : This has an incredibly long "wet" period on me and just won't dry off. So far it smells like slightly unpleasant almond men's cologne.

Dry : I'm still getting way too much almond from this. I will admit that it's become nicer and softer however.

Over All : I'm so up in the air about this one. On one hand I want to say its awful and I hate it and on the other I want to say there's just something really horribly unique about it

Big Bottle Worthy : Unsure

Edit : I tried putting this up to my nose several hours later and it had mellowed out a great deal and turned into something that I think I could give my heart to. It's sweet without being too sweet, and sharp without being stomach turning. The thing I've come to realize about Snow White is that she's different. She has such a unique smell about her that you can't come to her with any preconceptions about how this will and will not smell on you.

I'll go ahead and change my answer to "yes" on the Big Bottle Worthy part since I seem to be falling for this, but its a different kind of love, unlike anything else in the catalogue.

Wet, this isn't what I was expecting. I'm getting a strong plasticky note - actually, it's making me think new-car smell. What the heck?

After five minutes or so, before it's totally dry, I can begin to smell flowers; I'm imagining tiny crushed damp flowers beneath winter slush. It's a very damp scent and slightly sweet. Still odd but it may grow on me. I can detect a faint grassy note.

Drydown: Pretty good throw on this girl. I'm enjoying the throw better than the scent when my nose is right by my wrists, actually. The one thing I can say for sure is that I have not smelled any other BPAL that reminds me of this. It is totally unique. It's pretty much as described, in fact; to me this is more the scent of very early spring than deep winter. Charming!

SNOW WHITE

(2005 version)

Snow White has a dreamy, cold, white quality to it. It smells like flurries of snow, coconut, ice cream, a bit of milk and honey, and cold slush. It's comforting and brings to mind a still, silent forest that's covered in a blanket of snow. The florals in this are understated and no single one jumps out at me. Overall, this is simply stunning. It's truly a work of art.

Oh, my. This is so gorgeous. I'm glad the Yules are going to be up for awhile, because I'm going to need a few backup bottles.

It's almondy milky sweetness in the beginning with just a hint of something green and pulpy hiding in the background. It's a white flower with a thick, juicy stem pushing up through the crystalline snow. It's thin, unripe coconut milk running over green shell in frosty air. It's a newborn's baby's breath after nursing at her mother's breast. It's so beautiful, so perfect, and so unlike anything else I've ever smelled. Innocent and yet incredibly complex. I think this year's is even better than '05, and that's saying something. As others have said, this is truly a work of art in scent form. I've been applying more and more since I got the bottle at 2:30 p.m., and I've had my nose glued to my arm the whole time. This is the most unique fragrance I've ever smelled. I wish I could just bathe in it.

SNOW WHITE

(2005 version)

Snow White has a dreamy, cold, white quality to it. It smells like flurries of snow, coconut, ice cream, a bit of milk and honey, and cold slush. It's comforting and brings to mind a still, silent forest that's covered in a blanket of snow. The florals in this are understated and no single one jumps out at me. Overall, this is simply stunning. It's truly a work of art.

Yeah, that. Superb description. That's absolutely what I get from the tester I was gifted with, the hints of coconut and honey, but not overpowering; the nice blend of florals; and the breath of cool air. Amazing, really. I only hope the upcoming vintage is like this. (or maybe I shouldn't hope that, because my credit card will cry. I'll have to have a couple of bottles. :P At least.)

2007 Snow White

This is my first review ever, but I was so enthused, I felt I should share with the class. I never had a chance to try the 2005 version, so don't know how this compares with that. This is truly art in a bottle. I do agree there is almond, some green note and a bit of floral, along with a hefty dose of vanilla. There is a touch of mint, but it is a background note. It is still a soft scent and not overtly foody, though it is sweet. Actually my first response when putting it on was, "OMG! Lush's Snowcake in a bottle". I have Dana O'Shee, but this is so much better than that and is a much better dupe of the soap's scent. I don't get as much coconut as I do almond from this, but that could be a chemistry thing.

I received all of my Yule scents today, but this clearly the big deal of all of them. I am ordering another bottle, just in case they don't offer it again next year or it is a changed version. This is all that and still a bag of chips. Plus now I can have my Snowcake and eat wear it too.

Edited by SMMY

I just received my 2007 Snow White yesterday and it is WONDERFUL! Unfortunately I am new to BPAL so I wouldn't know how to it compared to the 2005 version but it is absolutely wonderful! It's a very soft feminine scent. Vanilla, mint, and frozen flowers... literally. It is beautiful. Buy this and buy LOTS of it. You will be kickin yourself in the tush if you don't!

2004 Version :P

Ohhhhh my sweet mamajama of wub!! This is tres yum!!

Cold, creamy coconut milk... with GREEN... something. Juniper? Is it??? Floral-y... Just YUM... nom nom nom.... Can I just have some sex with my arms now?? :D

Wet to drydown, this packs the same amount of pow for me... just a little mellowing into creamy-er yumminess as the hours tick by. The throw is FAN-FARKIN'-TASTIC.

I put this on last night... woke up earlier, and even now I'm still wrapped in a lovely blanket of soft, cuddle-up and nuzzle me (I keep saying this) YUMMMMMMM!!!!

A full-on 5/5. Must have more... must have this year's!! Must have EVERY YEAR!!! :D

Bottle: Sweet flowers

Wet: Someone on the Lush forum said that this smelled like the refridgerated section of a floral shop, kind of like Baby's breath, and they are so right on! It is floral, but there's something muted about it. It's not sharp and it's a little sweet. I love it!

Drydown: It stays the same, I'm so happy!

Love it! 4.0 outta 5!

2007 version

I was actually prepared to not like this scent (I'm not a cold scent kinda girl), but I had to try it. Besides being such a highly coveted BPAL scent, I'm often told I resemble this fairy-tale princess.

I was pleasantly suprised by Snow White, as I don't find her very cold at all! It is floral, but there's an added chill sweetness to the blend that makes it so heavenly. If the flower in this blend is not night-blooming jasmine, then my nose is completely crazy because that's what it smells like! This blend threatens to go a little plasticy upon drydown, but it eventually settles into this beautifully creamy-sweet floral. It's never too strong or overpowering, but it seems to have good throw for such a delicate scent

This is such a unique and beautiful blend, I can totally see why there's such hype surrounding it! I am going to stock up on this one for certain. :P

2005 Version

I've had this bottle for a while but have forgotten to review it oops!!! (I think)

Now, I, like alot of people have been totally intruiged about this infamous blend that you hear so much about, and so I stumbled across a bottle on the for sale forum! Oh what joy. It was the first ever unsniffed bottle I'd purchased.

How to describe Snow White?

It smells like watery, vanialla'ry flowers. They smell musky. This IS instant love for me like alot of other people. It's smells so feathery soft it's gorgeous.

There is definately some sort of creamy note in here. But I'm not sure what.

It doesn't change on drydown which I'm thankful for, and although it is a chilly but soft smell, it lasts a long time.

I'll definately be ordering a bottle of the 2007 version in the coming months before it dissapears!

TOP 10 MATERIAL IS THIS OIL!!!

Marzipan!!! Sweet almond oil, maybe a dash of vanilla. It's like some kind of buttery, fluffy cookie batter. Can cookie batter be sexy? I think it can! :P

Oh Snow White, how I have missed you so! I first tried the 2005 version of Snow White, and I loved it so much, and I looked forward to the Christmas update of 2006 to snag another bottle, but it wasn't released that year, so I pined away for it. Now finally I've gotten my 2007 bottle and it's even better than before! It reminds me of a blended pina colada-icy, creamy, delicious. There is also a light white floral in here that I really can't distinguish, but its gorgeous. There is a bit of a tickle at the back of my nose that suggests mint, but I don't smell it, it's just an icy tingle that adds to the chilly feeling of the scent. I really can't understand why people get marzipan or almonds from this......maybe my nose is wierd and I can't smell what other people smell, which is all well and good because I don't really like the smell of marzipan. There seems to be a bit of vanilla in the base of this scent which rounds it off perfectly. And one of the best things about this scent is that it intensifies the longer you have it on, and it's just so refreshing and clean and sexy at the same time. Oh I know I am rambling, but I am just so happy that Snow White is back as it is my favorite BPAL scent (along with Antique Lace). My next payday I am going to be ordering a few backup bottles of Snow White. Beth you are a genius!

Edited by alliekat13

The only thing I can add that hasn't already been said about Snow White is that the 2007 version, in my opinion, is even better than 2004. I haven't tried '05, so I don't know how different that one is. I knew I was going to need two or three bottles of this. It's in the running for the top two!

straight sniff from bottle is dead-on to 2005...light,sweet, coconut, floral...

once applied this amps up to a hayooge floral coconut...hmmmm..... :P

after 30 minutes plus, i am walking around the house and i suddenly get the faintest

whiff of chocolate ?? huh??

ok...too weird...a strange morpher on me....now i get coconut and green...thankfully

no plastic or play-dough...it just seems somewhat .... odd....

a LOT like LUSH snowcake...which i love as a soap...verdict is out on whether this will work...

so aggravating as so many love this ... i want to adore it but i just can't be sure...meh...

SNOW WHITE (2007 Version)

WET: Sweet, powdery snow.

DRY: On my skin this seems to be a softer, more seamless scent than the older versions of Snow White. It is still the same, but it seems to be more smooth. It is a cold, dreamy, innocent, soft, virginal, powdery snow. There are hints of almost-powdery soft florals, a milk and honey-like creaminess, a touch of coconut, and possibly even some vanilla. This one amps like crazy on my skin and sticks around for hours. It's a very comforting, soft, girlie scent.

Edited by alicia_stardust