Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
requieminblack

Pumpkin Queen

The Glorious Grand Dame of the Pumpkin Patch! Regal Egyptian Amber, red ginger, orange peel, mandarin, cardamom, fig leaf and warm pumpkin.

In the bottle, it smells like cooked pumpkin.

Wet, it smells a lot like the pumpkin bread my ex-boyfriend's mom made. The citrus notes quickly come to the front, though, and makes the fragrance much richer. On my skin I don't get so much amber. It's mostly warm pumpkin that's enriched with warm spices, and sweetened by bright mandarin. It's very sweet and foody on me. It's a wee bit thick and heavy, but it's not so strong and the throw is moderate. On me, the longevity is only moderate. After about 3 hours it had faded considerably, but even after 7 hours it continues to linger on my skin. It's just a sweet aroma that you can only detect directly under nose.

All in all, a lovely, rich, warm foody scent that will be great when I want something sweet in the autumn. Edited by Shollin

This was an object lesson for me in "Why Sniffies of LEs are Important."

I put this on; when it was wet, I got the buttery note other people talked about; and so I waited eagerly for the pumpkin and spices to arrive.

What actually happened -- and lasted for quite some time -- was that my forearms smelled very, very strongly like a deep, rich peaches-and-cream Yankee Candle smell. I cannot explain this. I don't know where my arms were getting this warm, admittedly a bit spicy, VERY peachy, VERY creamy scent -- I mean, we're talking a good scented candle -- from pumpkin, amber, and ginger. I don't know if my fair, frequently dry skin ate the good notes, or what. All I know is that I don't particularly want to smell like a peaches-and-cream candle, even a very good one. I'll use the remaining droplet in the sniffie to scent a room, maybe -- but my own peculiar skin chemistry just does not want to be Linus Van Pelt's dream date.

Imp: Wet sugared pumpkin. No hint of spice or warmth at all.

Wet: Rich amber and pumpkin with swirls of (most prominent) ginger and (in waves) clove. It's incredibly warm and might be the perfect fall scent.

Dry: I've tried Shub and it was okay :P but too heavy on the ginger for me to put it among my favorites. Pumpkin Queen has the perfect amount of ginger. It's definitely one of the primary notes on my skin, but it's not so powerful that it's dominating the pumpkin. As it dries, it becomes a very dry (ha) scent, barely sweet.

It's gorgeous. I think a bit got on my boyfiend, and it was even richer on him. Very very very sexy. :D

In the bottle: Mandarin and spiced pumpkin!

On me: Orange rind, dashes of cinnamon, something creamy and a jack-o-lantern pumpkin smell.

Later: A very rich scent where the pumpkin is soft but true, the orange is bright and Autumnal, and the spices are very apparent but don't overwhelm the scent. It softens on my skin, fades a bit, but I think worn in my hair or a scent locket it would stay pretty decently.

Curse that this is a Limited Edition. :P

Wet, this has a teeny-tiny bit of the buttery note that made Jack unwearable for me, but hooray! it vanishes! :P The amber base is not terribly strong on this, but dominant enough to keep it from being too food-y. The spices are so perfectly blended that it's hard to pick out a dominant one. Very balanced, very delicious, very pumpkin-y.

I received this one via swap. I could eat my arm off it is so delicious. The pumpkin part to me is lighter than the other pumpkin blends I've tried, and the orange peel and mandarin is most prominent. Which I am grateful for. Not to cheapen this beautiful blend by comparing it to a breakfast cereal, but it smells just like Fruit Loops on me and I am down with that! :P The man even likes this one, and he hates the pumpkin blends. I am lucky to have gotten this one.

In the bottle: peachy orange-y sugar.

Wet on my skin: That peachy orange-y sugar is still there, but now it's rounded out with hints of butter cookie and cinnamon.

Mr. Roommate says it smells like, "Scent. I dunno. Lavender? Really, it just smells like scent to me." Upon my description of the oil's name and dominant listed notes, he says "it does smell very pumpkin pie-ish."

After a few minutes to let it dry:

This smells like a milf on Halloween night. I loves it. Pumpkin Queen '06 is one of my favorite scents; it's right up there with Dragon's Milk and Jack. It makes me feel all confident and sophisticated when I wear it, so it's got psychological mojo voodoo magic going for it too.

It's really not fair of me to review this one because I cannot be objective! I love Pumpkin Queen.

On me it smells, golden and orange-y without being citrus at all... all amber and warm smoky pumpkin pie spices. Who knew pumpkin could be so sexy? It's an autumnal, prowly scent... just the thing for a chilly night.

Just enough in this sniffie to test (and to my eternal shame, I didn't write down who frimped me this. Thank you, whoever you are!)

I'm yet to meet a pumpkin I don't like. This is magnificent. :D

That familiar, rich, deep pumpkin dominates, but then backs off as the wonderful amber and cardamon push through. The orange compliments beautifully. This is definitely a sexy pumpkin blend. It's warm, deep, and makes sly promises.

I can't wait for the pumpkin blends for the next halloween update. Beth does such stellar work with them, and this one is another glorious win. Completely adore it, and wish I'd been around when it was available.

:P

I have to say that Pumpkin Queen ruled the entire Halloween 2006 update. I gambled on her because aside from Pumpkin King I have not been able to wear anything else with pumpkin; they're all just too buttery.

Pumpkin Queen is regal and pround, feminine, commanding. There is just the right amount of spice and heat and resins and redness to the pumpkin. My favorite part in this is the red ginger.

Whenever I wear Pumpkin Queen, I can't stop sniffing myself. LOL!

In the imp:

Pumpkin and spice.

Wet:

Pumpkin bread! Yummy! The fruity notes definitely come out more as it's drying down.

Dry:

I'm getting mostly pumpkin, but it's yummy. It seems like it's sort of a Gluttony clone on me, but that's only from smelling it on my wrist. I will have to wear it all over to figure out what it really smells like. I'll updte to let you all know!

First sniff: Gingersnaps with pumpkin spread. Very spicy-baked-goods-y.

Wearing: For all his rarity, the Pumpkin King didn’t quite kill me ded, but his lady might have managed. Samhain is outdoors-in-autumn in a bottle. Pumpkin Queen is indoors-in-autumn in a bottle, with the cozy and the baking and the spices and the kitcheny goodness and the family all together. There’s pumpkin pie and hot apple cider stirred with a cinnamon stick and some potpourri bubbling right over there and any minute the first leaves will start falling outside but for now the sky is brilliant blue and the trees are wrapped in rainbows and we’re in the warm kitchen looking out.

I love the ones that smell like experiences more than like actual stuff.

huzzah! very little of the buttery note when wet, and it disappears on the dry-down. Mostly pumpkin and spices, and the spices are warm and not pot-pourri-like which some of the holiday scents can tend towards. This is a very wearable scent that is strong and long-lasting. It lightens up a bit after about an hour and the pumpkin is less intense and the various spices and mandarin stay around a long time with the warm pumpkin farther in the background. A previous poster mentioned that it smells a bit like Shub - and it does to me when wet, having an almost hazelnutty sweetness due to the strong ginger, but like i said, the drydown is more complex and warm, spicy & fruity.

In the bottle: Pumpkin, cardamom and ginger, and mandarin.

Wet on skin: Amber takes over completely, then lets a spicy pumpkin and orange through.

Drydown: This smells very much like a shop where they sell scented candles, but there's a bit of a cakey feel to it which, I think, comes with the pumpkin note and possibly the ginger. There's something rich and more complex than just "foody", though, there's the orange and amber that give it a more regal, deep feel.

Overall: A spicy warm pumpkin cake scent. I'd like to eat something that smells like this, but I wouldn't like to smell like this. It smells really orange, if that means anything to anyone. It's pleasant, but not really "me".

In the Imp : I can already smell the pumpkin and its got an almost buttery feel to it and I can't decide wither or not it turns my stomach or not. The orange peel is there as well and its nicely balanced out by the ginger and amber.

Wet : The warm pumpkin is indeed buttery, buttery, buttery! goodness but I just can't decide if I like it or not. I have to confess I was afraid when I heard there was ginger in this but this isn't harsh on me like so many other times - its a nice tangy scent that complements the amber and enhances the orange. Yum yum.

Dry : This is just an exquisite, sweet blend and for the life if me I can't peg one single scent down. The pumpkin has now faded to the background and has become less of a pumpkin sizzling in the over by its self to a wonderful spiced pumpkin pie sort of scent without the crust. <3

Over all Rating :

Wonderful! This is the perfect autumn scent - not too heavy but definately layered, ever single one of the ingrediants works with the other to bring forth a sweet and slightyly tangy scent. My only complaint is that I wish I could get more of a pumpkin smell from this.

Big Bottle Worthy : Yes. If I can ever find one that is. :P

You know, I never really got orange out of Pumpkin Queen before. I always thought of her as a warm pumpkiny amber scent with spice.

Now that I’ve been reading about the newest Patch and who prefers what and why, and how Pumpkin Queen was always a bit too orange, maybe I can pick out a bit of orange. It’s hard though. There is a brightness there which I think is the mandarin, but it’s subtle. On me, the amber still dominates and I love it. There is a bit of spice there which must be the ginger and cardamom peeking out but they’re doing just that, peeking out. Like the mandarin, the spice is subtle but it adds tremendously to this oil. As it wears the spice gets stronger and melds so beautifully with the amber and pumpkin. Since I tried it, it’s been amongst my top 10. I like the new Patch a lot, but it’s hard to displace the Queen. Revolution unsuccessful.

Mmmm this smells soooo goooood.

I wish my nose was more sophisticated so I could adequately describe how this smells but it's a beautiful autumn scent. Pumpkin and warmth. It's my first pumpkin smell so I was expecting more of a pumpkin pie smell but it's like when you mush up the inside of a pumpkin while you're carving it and then sprinkle cardomon and ginger inside it. Very cuddly smelling.

I got a decant of this last Halloween, and for some reason set it aside for about a year. Going through my stash now that it's fall I decided it was time to start wearing (and thus reviewing :P) these Halloween scents. Yay for fall!

Anyway, this is a gorgeous scent. The pumpkin is very light, and it's well blended. Other than pumpkin, it's hard for me to pick out a single note. It's very smooth. Others have said buttery, but for me it smells creamy. Absolutely wonderful. I have to keep huffing my wrist. Now I'm sad that I didn't take a chance on this and order a bottle of it!

So far it has good wear-length... I will be wearing this a lot now.

I ordered a decant of this partially to see what all of the fuss is about, and to see if I can ever find a pumpkin scent where the pumpkin doesn't vanish.

Wet, it smells like some sort of pumpkin-y baked good. Then it dries, and the pumpkin vanishes (bah!), and all I can smell is a mix of ginger and orange peel. It's nice, and it definitely feels like a regal scent, but it's not enough to have me swapping my soul for bottles or anything :P.

This a subtle Queen, that's for sure! She's lovely and regal and smells oh-so-yummy, but I pictured (imagined?) a much stronger scent. The orange is there, for sure, on me, and amber too I think, but the pumpkin hovers over everything. VERY well blended, though- I wouldn't classify this as a "pumpkin" scent like the pumpkin patch scents are, but it's so very nice at the same time. Much more subtle than the patch scents. I think this would be a FABULOUS pumpkin scent to wear to a meeting or where I will be in a room with lots of people. Stays on my KEEP list!

Just received it today from my SW via another forumite-a full bottle;immediately smelled luscious nuts and fruity pumpkin.Over time it was not baked goods, but more sublte,less foody,could wear it around others without causing undue harm.Had wrist affixed to nose for good portion of the day.It has faded to a fruitypumpkin; kind of like when you cut the pumpkin open.I have a new love!

I've been dying to try this one, because, well I've been dying to try all things pumpkin. It's one of my very favoritest notes you see. However, I was so blinded by the pumpkin that I ignored the fact that amber and cardamom were probably a bad idea. And so... dear reader, I must tell you, things did not go so well. Read on.

In the imp: Mmm, there's that pumpkin note that I love so much and I think I'm getting a bit of spice as well. Wonderful!

On the wrist: Hmm, ok there's the amber. Hoping, hoping.....

Drydown: Powder. Damn. The queen hates me.

Overall: Swapped. Broke my heart the queen did. *sigh*

This is my favourite pumpkin blend by far! (ok, I've only tried three or four in total...)

The notes complement each other so well, it's hard to pick them out individually. The overall impression is spiced pumpkin with amber. It doesn't strike me as a foody scent, it's almost like my ideal heavy "oriental" fragrance, but I never dreamed that pumpkin would be part of that...

I don't any cardamom, which is unusual as it usually pops out for me in a blend. The orange peel and mandarin is only there if I really concentrate. It just adds a bit of brightness to the scent. The ginger is there, but not overpowering the way it is in Gingerbread Poppet or Shub. Maybe I just prefer "red" ginger.

Pumpkin Queen is remarkably strong. It only requires a dab to be noticeable, and lasts for ages. After a shower and a good night's sleep I could still smell pumpkin.

Imp: It smells like Jack. So naturally I pull out my imp of Jack and compare. This is Jack's older sister and she is on a fat free diet. It doesn't have the same buttery richness as Jack, but the two are definitely related.

Wet: Sharp sugar, citrus and... cardamon? Maybe? I've got Jack on the other wrist for comparison. The sake of science, you see.

Dry: This dries down beautifully. It doesn't have that indulgent buttery sweetness of Jack but it's still warm and foody and creamy and delicious. It does smell very edible, however, and I'm not sure that I want to smell like pie.

Throw: I think it's pretty good. I put it on when I got home and it's a few hours later and it's still lingering. I was engulfed in a pumpkin cloud when I first applied it.

Overall: Nice. I'm on a foody smell kick since discovering what good friends I can be with Eat Me and I'm glad I tried this. I don't think it's an "OMG! MUST HAVE FIFTY BOTTLES OF!" scent, but I'm glad I tried it.

Mmm, OK, I can see what all the fuss is about :P There's that lovely buttery pumpkin, with a hint of glittering peachiness... This is definitely akin to Jack, but much lighter - the amber & citrus cut through what would otherwise be a pretty heavy scent. I can also see why folks are eyeing Pumpkin #5 from the 2007 Patch as a possible replacement for Pumpkin Queen - but to my nose, the Queen has more of an effervescent sparkle to it. The red ginger adds a touch of smokiness, but overall, this is a lovely haze of pumpkin & peach, all Indian Summer & glowing sunsets...