Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

I agree with mamacat. This totally reminds me of Fruit Loops. I like Fruit Loops mind you,but not on me. I am not a foodie.

I got this as a frimp. I would never have tried it on my own, but I'm really liking it. Tweedledee is a tart and juicy fruit scent. I've never had kumquat, but the combo of that with the orange blossom is delicious. The white pepper is very light, but detectable in the background.

not much throw, but yummy!

In the Imp (wet): Sweet sweet sweet! Like peeling back the skin of a ripe juicy kumquat and there's that burst of yummy citrus.

On facial cotton (dry): The citrus sweetness ebbs down to make way for the more predominant crisp pepper note. This is so yummy! It sings of summer and bright warm sunshine.

On me: This is so heavenly, I could eat myself. So not kidding when I say this is juicy, sweet, citrus clean. When I waved my arm at the SO, he pounced and said I smelt like a lollipop. Heh... (:P)

Wet: I thought I detected pineapple. Wrong. I suppose it's the kumquat, but the only kumquat I have ever experienced is the one I bit into as a kid. I thought my entire face would implode. I must be weird since I don't get the sour that others tell of.

Dry: The not-pineapple is gone. I can smell tea and orange blossom now. And pepper. How odd. How neat.

The only problem is that it has faded fairly quickly.

Candy!!!!! candycandycandycandycandycandy...CANDY!!!! To me, this smells EXACTLY like opening a giant halloween sized bag of Smarties :P . My DH isn't so sure what he thinks of it, but I'm sure I can convince him.. The only problem that I have with it is that it fades off my skin in about an hr, but that it typical of BPAL for me. It is well worth reapplying.

I can definitely see this as a spring/summer scent, but it is one that I will use whenever I need to fill a candy craving, or just a quick pick-me-up. I may try it added to an unscented lotion, as I would like it to last longer, if possible.

I used this for an "Oh my god, do I *have* to get up and go to work" wakeup scent, in place of my usual Aizen-Myoo, and it worked very well. I usually prefer citrus for my early morning scents, and despite my nose thinking "Smarties!", the kumquat worked it's citrusy magic. I have acquired two imps :D, and plan to get a big bottle soon.

In the imp: Orange and tropical (I suppose that's the kumquat).

Wet: Sort of like candy with the fruity scents coming at me.

Dry: The pepper comes out a bit and calms down the orange a little bit, but it still smells like candy.

Overall: I like it! It reminds me of Fruit Stripe gum when you chew all the flavors together.

Initial impression:

Wow, citrusy!

First on:

Peppery citrus. :P It smells like a sweet of some sort...

Dry:

After about 10 mins, it's like an orange sweet with a peppery touch to it. It gets creamier after a while, but it still smells like a sweet.

Finally:

Yummy, but not my thing. :D Swapping.

First impression:

Yum! Very fruity and tart. I think I am going to love this. :D

First on:

"Peppery citrus" is right. hmmm.....this might be bad

Dry:

PEPPER! Omg, it's sickening pepper. This smells so bad, I can't tell you. It's actually making me ill.

I had to go scrub this off. I couldn't even keep this in my locket because I kept catching whiffs of the pepper and it made me sick. I had my daughter take the little piece of cottonball out to the trash OUTSIDE. I had to wipe my locket down & wash it. I kept sniffing coffee hoping to get the lingering smell out of my nose.

I can safely say anything with pepper in it is a no-no for me. :P

I love it! It smells just like Froot Loops! I see I'm not the first to come to this conclusion. :P My only complaint is it wears off pretty quickly. Much like Tweedledum, it is a happy, fruity scent. I think I may need bottles of both!

In the imp: well, I'll be damned. It really does smell like Froot Loops!

Wet: Froot Loops with milk.

Drydown: orange cake.

Oh, pepper, where are you? Pepper?

This is like a citrus jolly rancher candy. I like my citrus tart, and this is a little too sweet for me. After about an hour, it is nice, kind of musky vibe, (no musk here, probably the tea and pepper), and is really quite pleasant. It quickly fades fast from this stage into nothing. Oh well!

Fruity, foody, citrusy. Really no other way to describe Tweedledee.

The fruit loops similarity is striking, but on my skin only lasts for a few minutes, before the kumquat and orange blossom completely take over.

The white tea balances the two out and gives it a really crisp tone. White pepper is present, but only if I deeply huff and after it has been applied and had a chance to drydown.

It is sweet, but not cloying.

I love the citrus notes to death but Tweedledee is faithful to his narration, it`s too ridiculous for me. it`s like one million candies flying to a 100 km/h toward your nose screaming "We`re Sweeeeeeeet!!!!!And sour too"

I`d love to have enough sense of humor to wear it, sadly I prefer some more zingy and fresh oil.

Imp: Fruit with a bite!

Wet on Me: Yummy Sweet Fruit and no bite now

Drying Down: aaaaa the under ‘bite’ of the pepper is

coming back now. Still sweet fruit at the top of the sniff, but

towards the end at the bottom is that lil bite of pepper.

Dry: Sweet Fruit…cereal-like as others have said..

but has that whisper bite of pepper under it. This is too cute. I like it!

Smell alike: Oddly, this one smells a lot like my aunt’s fragrance “Montana” which sadly simply hates my skin ^^;

Color impression: thick, syrupy orange

On me: Super, super, hyper sweet mix, round, mellow and really mango-alike. Not as punchy as in the bottle (dear citrus, where are you?!), too bad the pepper just ran away as soon as it touched my skin T_T

Wearing: nice but give a far too “lazzy” and candy feeling for everyday office wear in my case. Definitely not me at all but I guess it could make an interesting summer and sunny days foody scent though.

i've never sought this one out to try because i'm afraid of most of the listed notes. (fruits tend to go awful on me, and i hate pepper in all forms. white tea is usually too bitter and orange blossoms generally just go wrong on me)

that being said, i got an imp of this in a swap and thought i'd try it. it smells like Razzles!

smells much better than i had expected it would, but smells too generic for me. like something that'd be a cheap body spray for teenyboppers. not that i don't have my fair share of those... but this is one of the scents i wouldn't buy.

In the vial: Citrus flavored cakes and tea: sweet, a little sharp, and floral.

Wet: A fruity bubblegum-like note, bitter citrus rind, floral, and a nose-twitching warmth. It smells very much like a cake baker's workshop, a place where cakes are flavored with flowers as well as fruits. It's a little heavy, but delightfully off-kilter in a way that makes me keep sniffing at it..

Half an hour: This makes me smile. Of all the Alice line of scents, this is the first one I've tried that really evokes it for me. It's utterly familiar, yet maddeningly out of place. Sweet, citrus, spice, floral, they're all there, but light and well blended.

One hour: Crazy, I know. This is not at all in my usual range. But I'm finding it so pleasant, so artlessly individual, that I'm really growing quite fond of it. It reminds me just a bit of Crawdad Dream, not so much in the way it smells but in the way it makes me feel: sweet, silly, cheerful for no damned good reason.

Two and a half hours: Calmer now, and less in my face. It still smells like tea and cake, but as if one had already placated one's appetite and were now contemplating a go at seconds.

Five hours: I'll probably keep this one around for a while, unless someone wants it. It's really been a fun little discovery.

I have Dum on one wrist and Dee on the other, but I don't think I would layer them: it wouldn't be a fair fight; Dee would win easily. This is a really strong scent! Almost overpowering when wet, and not really to my taste-- knock-you-out sweet fruit with a weird peppery zing. The white tea adds none of the calm I normally expect from that note. While Dum was quite wearable, his brother needs to chill out and quit being so hyper! :P

In bottle: The kumquat is sharpest, with the orange blossom second. Wet: It smells like candied citrus, mostly. This is not suprising with my skin chemistry, which amps anything in the citrus family, apparently including kumquat. Dry: I can actually smell the white tea under the kumquats and orange blossoms. It’s light and pleasant, suitable for a young teen girl.

i LOVE this. In the bottle it is sweet and fruity...i totally agree with the froot loops scent that some people seem to be getting. Once it hits my skin, the fruityness seems to disappear a bit and the pepper amps up a bit, then the white tea and orange blossom. After the dry down i really get the white tea and kumquat combo, with just a hint of spicyness. it is beautiful!

In the bottle: Wow, orange! Sweet and sticky with lime and... I think that’s grapefruit? It smells like one of those orange tictacs, only with a little less vanilla. Not usually a fan of citrus but this is intriguing enough for me to try, and the lime lightens it up a little.

Wet: Orange has morphed into mandarin, and the lime is coming through strong. Less of an orange tictac and more the smell of the homemade mandarin juice my grandfather makes. The lime is lovely too. I’m really liking this scent so far.

Dry: The lime has faded considerably, and so has the mandarin, which is a little disappointing since I was really enjoying the citrus. What’s left is a sugary sort of scent, and the vanilla note has emerged again, considerably stronger.

Three hours on: Sugar and vanilla, with the slightest dash of lime. Pretty, but a little too sweet for me, I think. It's a shame. I was really enjoying that lime note.

In the imp: bright, sparkly orange.

Wet On skin: pretty much true to the scent in the imp. It's not too harsh or ultra-citrusy, it's pretty and fresh. It would be a lovely pick-me up scent for sad moods or low energy.

Drydown: It gains a little more depth here, but still stays fun and cheerful. Not typically my style, but it's quite nice.

Overall: Not bad at all. Happy to have received this frimp.

This was a scent that I ordered simply out of interest. I was curious as to how pepper and kumquats would smell together.

In the bottle: Very sweet, and the pepper tickled my nose.

Wet: The orange blossom came out a lot. At first I really thought that it would be too sweet for me to wear.

Dry: By the time I got to work (about 20-30 minutes) it had dried down to where the pepper and orange blossom were working in a quirky harmony... the first thing that came to mind was good mischief.

Over all: I love this scent. My job has me dealing with vendors and customers that tend to put me into a foul mood. I find that a little scent therapy (a quick sniff of my wrist) brightens my mood so that I can continue dealing with people. ^_^

I hope that someone finds this helpful!

Edited by Xanon

Wet, this reminded me exactly of Flinstones vitamins as a kid. Sugary and candy sweet. As it dried, the orange blossom and kumquat were at the foreground, with the white pepper lending a little bit of edge and I could very barely detect the white tea in the background. This was a candy like scent throughout the duration of wear. Nice and very youthful feeling. I should note that this blend did not last long on me - about 3 hours.