Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

In the imp: Wet fruits. Crazy kumquat, mostly.

Wet: Gummy bears! Super sweet, chewy candy that's melted. And this is a good thing!

Drydown: It's very sweet, very juicy and very fun - a nice addition for any fruit lover who needs a little bit of "SQUEE!" in their perfume cabinet from time to time. After about five minutes the white pepper emerges, levelling out the initial smack of sweetness with a bit of spice. This is really fun, but very young. I haven't the foggiest idea where I could wear this without giggling.

I would, however, gladly buy a bottle to dump into an unscented body lotion. That I could see myself doing without hesitation, but as a perfume, eh.... not so much. It's too bubbly for my personality.

4/5 on Medici's Scale o' Lurrve

SO fruity, incredibly strong tropical fruit. I agree with a previous reviewer who said that it smells like melted gummi bears. The kumquat and pepper are the prominent notes, although something in it is not working with my skin chemistry. On my skin it smells like I sprayed some glade room freshener and then walked into the mist....at least it's very clean and fresh smelling. This is a really nice scent, but not for my chemistry. I might try my imp in an oil burner maybe...

OMG attack of the killer orange blossom!! I smell like I was forceably leied by agressive women in grass skirts and then some made waiter came up and ground pepper into my eyes. Aack must. wash. off. :P

I'm so sad. Everyone has liked at least one or the other but neither Dee nor Dum work on me. *cries*

In the bottle it smells lovely, but on my skin it turns to fruit loops. It's exactly like fruit loops both wet and dry.

SQUEE! i love this! i love this! i just eyed tweedledum and stuck it on my wishlist so i was quite happy to see his silly friend as a frimp in my order today.

this is the scent i wished kumiho to be similar to. that is to say, clean but stronger. the kumquat is so amazingly juicy, pretty and citrusy. it doesn't go bad at all on me. the white tea and pepper give a little bit and of a thin freshness to it. the orange blossom adds in to everything.

oh i looooove this. it reminds me of how march hare is only less spicy with a different less juicy type fruit and instead being more on the clean and fresh side of things.

bottle. bottle! BOTTLE!!!

Edited by space girl lost

In the bottle: Creamsicle. Dead on.

On: I think Slave1 said "Fruity Pebbles" and I agree. Not too bad as far as smells go, though I'm not sure I want to smell like this.

5 minutes: wow....this stuff morphs quickly. Lemon and some sort of candied flower....and the *tiniest* tinge of cinnamon (!!! :P can it BE?). Yep, definitely just the teeeniest touch of cinnamon.

20 minutes: Glade cinnamon air freshener with a tad of lemon thrown in. Wow. Chemistry is just the most fascinating thing, isn't it?

1 hour. Ok, well, it gets big points for throw and staying power, and huge points for morphing power, but I'm not sure what it ended up is something I want to smell like.

I will keep the imp though because I think this would be an excellent mood-setter for when I write. It's very silly. :D

On me, Tweedledee is neon, bright, glowing, and hot and cold at the same time. It reminds me of an exhibit I've seen at some science centers, where you touch a hot pipe in one hand and a cold pipe in the other, and then touch a room temperature pipe with both hands and your brain is like IMPOSSIBLE! because, well, it feels both hot and cold.

I'm not sure how much I'll be wearing tweedledee, but it's so damn interesting I wouldn't be able to give it up.

mandragora included this lovely imp in with my order of Pink Moon '07 from her--and wow did she guess right that it would be amazing on me! :D

at first tweedledee was very juicy and sweet--but with the underlying freshness of the orange flower/white tea. and then he deepened and became slightly sexy. still warm, sweet, but with a little something extra thrown in which I believe is due to the white pepper.

tweedledee is my first of the mtp that i've tried and I am not disappointed in any way (which is good since most of the scents i seem to want to try are part of the mtp). he is wonderful and i can just hear him and his brother reciting the walrus and the carpenter right now.

this scent is also perfect at the moment because it's pouring outside and a little nippy--tweedledee is that perfect warm sweetness, with that hint of spice and clean, to banish all ennui that the rain might cause. i can't help but smile as I sniff tweedledee on my wrist and i'm very tempted to up him to a bottle already. :P

Rating: 3.5/5

Throw: Low to good--tweedledee likes to stick close to me but as I move I can subtly smell him wafting up from my wrists like sexy yummy fruity goodness :D

Edited by Lunaratu

bottle: very sweet, very fruit, very ouch

wet: the same, headache-inducingly sweet

dry: only slightly calmer, holy crow.

later: at last the tea and pepper, very pretty at this point, but to get here was misery for me, so no, no, no.

In the bottle:

Intimidating! Juicy and scary.

Wet:

Less intimidating. Juicy/fruity with a hint of pepper/spice. Even the white tea is somehow juicy here.

Dry down:

This ended up being REALLY fruity. The pepper worked well with it.

Final thoughts:

Maybe I overapplied, but this was just a little much for me. I'll try it again in the future in smaller doses.

this smells like straight-up trix cereal! same sugary, fake fruit smell. yum!

Man, oh man, but I do love kumquat. It has a high pitched fruity smell that is unlike any other. It's indescribable. I get the distinctive smell of kumquat right away, but it's tempered by the orange blossom, which always goes a little bitter on me. It mellows out after a little, and adds something creamy and smooth to the tang of the kumquat. The white tea is just wafting above the rest, adding to the creaminess. I like it, but it's a little subdued for my tastes. I'll keep the imp, but I'll get my kumquat fix from Night Gaunt. Very little throw.

In the bottle: Froot Loops, somone else said that, and it is. :P

Wet: kumquat sherbert, rather than tea. No pepper, come on pepper stop being shy!

Dry down: kumquats, not candy sweet, just right. Still no pepper, and no tea.

30 minutes: kumquats, lovely unadulterated kumquats.

Conclusion: I like this, it is a nice summer fragrance. Maybe aging will bring out the pepper, which I love. I will definitely hang on to my imp.

Rating 1-5: on my skin this is a 4.

the first thing to hit me out of the bottle was BAM! pepper! but it was definately a softer, powdery (white) pepper. followed by sweet floral fruity blend. I have to say this a very unique blend. for some reason it reminds me of those sugary white crescent crumbly cookies that are baked at Christmas.

In the bottle: Pop rocks! The crazy fruit kind! Fizzy and fruity and a bit green. I've never had kumquat that I can remember, but this smells delicious.

On me (wet): ruit candy with an earthy bite and a clear note of cold. Not headachy cold, just something that keeps the floral/citrus smell of the orange blossom from pulling down the fruit. Num!

On me (dry): Orange blossoms and pepper, I guess. The fruit is still there, but it's not candy anymore, but more like somehing left in the sun until warm. Not rotting, mind. Just warm fruit with a sneeze to it.

Overall: An unusual scent, but lovely. I'm still iffy on getting a bottle, but most likely when the imp is gone I'll want more. A delightfully rediculous scent. I'm not quite as taken with his brother yet, but I guess I'll give him a try tommorow...

Oh oh OH! As a lover of the Body Shop's Satsuma, I have to say that I absolutely adore this scent. It's very citrus, but what I like about it is the kick the pepper gives it. It's the summer scent I was looking for -- Satsuma has always been my favorite summer oil. I'm just glad I've found a BPAL that's just as nice, if not NICER! :P

Compared to lemons and grapefruit and lime, this kumquat seems to last on me. Thanks for frimping this, caramialove! I love, love, love it, and may have to get a bottle!

In the imp: Citrus.

Wet: Sweet, sweet citrus and tea.

Drydown: At first, there's a bit of that "Froot Loops" overload that Tweedledum also has. I could swear there's mango in this -- the fruitiness is brilliant and golden, and the pepper really makes this unexpectedly likable rather than just fruit candy -- this is like a quieter, much less complex GC analogue to Mi-Go Brain Canister, if that makes sense. This smells fresh, light, summery, young, but has unexpected staying power on me for an oil that's so light-colored in the imp. Clearly Tweedledee prefers the sun and Tweedledum prefers the shade.

This smells like lemon sweets! A friend compared it to a childhood brand of lemon sherbet, The Boy thought it smelled like lemon mousse and I thought it smelled like a lemon cream cake. In spite of all these mentions of sweetness, it's not heavy or cloying at all. It's fresh and absolutely delicious, a "summer scent".

It is a mild, but very long-lasting scent. I could sniff it hours and hours later. It is also very uplifting, almost aromatherapeutic, and it cheered me up no end on a long day.

Somehow my nose reads 'kumquat' as 'just like the mandarin in Carnal'.

It's a really nice, sweet, candied fruit; however, the tea and pepper are just too light to give this any real base, whereas Carnal has the fig grounding it perfectly. Tweedledee floats off my skin in twenty minutes. I do not think I need to keep this, especially if I plan to buy a bottle of Carnal!

Got this as a freebie imp with a recent order.

No point in breaking this scent down between in the bottle, wet, and drydown, because it did not change perceptibly on me at all. At most, the white tea notes became more prominent in drydown but overall it's the same sugary-sweet, juicy scent the whole way through.

A little too sweet for my tastes, but likeable nonetheless. Has a nicely balanced throw, not too strong and not too faint, and tremendous lasting power. Actually today is very rainy and gray so having such a bright, sunny fragrance on has been uplifting. I'd really like to try Tweedledum and see how the two layer. I already promised the vial to someone else, though, so maybe I'll have to get the two next time I'm ordering imps.

In the imp: Juicy fruit with a citrus zing.

On skin: Gorgeously juicy fruit. This smells very orangey, with a hint of tartness to the otherwise sweet smell. On the surface this has a warm feel, but there's a coolness lurking underneath. A couple of minutes into weartime and there's a hint of something else beginning to sneak into the blend. I'm not sure what it is, but it smells slightly bitter and herbal. It's quite a contrast to sweet orange and makes the blend smell rather strange.

~10 minutes: Though still mainly fruity, this doesn't smell as full-bodied as it did when first applied. The strange herbal note lurks in the background, not intruding too much, but still occassionally making its presense known.

~30 minutes: This smells kind of off on me now. It's still vaguely fruity, but with more of an artifical soapy edge than the scent of real fruit. The herbal note lingers in the background, adding to the strange feel of this blend. It started off quite promising, but ultimately it seems that Tweedledee doesn't work too well with my skin chem after all.

In the imp: Sweet fruit

Wet on my skin: Fruit Loops, Fruity Pebbles, Trix

Drydown: As soon as Tweedledee starts to dry, the sweet rabid *fruit* backs off. It becomes much creamier and lighter, and the pepper starts to come out just a little.

Overall: It was love at first sniff. Tweedledee earned a spot in my top 10. It's such a light and zingy scent. Orange blossom tends to go weird on me, but it stays lovely in this blend - all mandarin, no floral in sight. It is a very sweet scent, but the white tea keeps it fresh and the pepper makes it interesting. It has very strong throw on me. My co-worker in the next office asked me to share my Fruit Loops. :P

IMP: Juicy sparkling orangey fruit -- YUM!

WET: Sweet orange blossom with tangy kumquat and a bit of pepperiness underneath. The pepperiness is like the kind you taste in a slightly under-ripe mango, not like ground pepper. This is genius!

DRY: The pepperiness fades a little and the tea comes forward. This is such a gorgeous, perfectly blended scent -- the tang of kumquat, the sweetness of orange blossom, the freshness of tea, and just enough spice on the bottom (almost cinnamony) to warm it up and keep it from being too simplistic or overly sweet. It doesn't last very long -- after an hour or so it's just a faint hint of warm spicy orangey tea (like a mug of Constant Comment with lots of sugar). But I will happily buy multiple bottles of this to make lotion, soap, and other goodies so I can slather myself in it!

For anyone like me who has a cabinet full of bath & body products labeled Mandarin or Satsuma, this is your scent! :P

In the imp: Ooh, sweet! This is fruit and cake. Pure fruit and cake. Juicy, juicy fruit and some kind of sponge cake. I want cake now...

On the wrist: On the wrist it turns a little less sweet. I can't remember what kumquat smells like, but I'm willing to believe that this is it. It's lovely. On the right wrist the white pepper, tea and orange blossom have really come through; the left still smells much the same as it did in the bottle. Where is that cake coming from? Oh god, this is scrumptious. It's like biting into some oversweet, overripe fruit and having the juice run down your chin and make your fingers all sticky. And cake. WHY DOES IT SMELL OF CAKE?!

One hour later: The cake seems to have largely gone away, and the fruitiness is dying down; it's white tea, white pepper (especially on my right wrist) and orange blossom that I can smell on my wrists now, sweetened and juicened by the kumquat (especially on the left).

That wondrous, wondrous juicy scent may only last an hour, but I may buy a bottle for that hour.

In the imp: Fruity and floral

On Skin: Citrusy fruit (um, hallo kumquat!) and incensey like floral. Actually, it kinda reminds me walking into a Lush store. I definitely get a strong orange blossom note from this.

On Drydown: Slightly sweeter, but again, I feel like I've got a Lush store, with all the wonderful melds of smells on my skin.

Verdict: This was QUITE a surprise. I expected the pepper to dominate, which is why I stayed away from this. I get juicy fruits, clean orange blossoms and just a strange meld of the two which, again, reminds me of the smells that waft out of a LUSH store. Pretty, but just a tad too sweet for me.