Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Ridiculous! Kumquat, white pepper, white tea and orange blossom.

Fruity Pebbles with an edge! This is ridiculous and madcap and completely perfect for those days when I just don't know what to wear. It's also a re-test for me, but I know that the tea comes out on me hugely but briefly after I've been wearing it for a couple of hours. The orange blossom is peeking out on occasion, but mainly it's the kumquat that's amping. But Tweedle, as I affectionately call it, is hyperbole in a scent, and I think I'll be getting a 5 ml of this at least. 5/5.

Pop rocks and Ruby-red Squirt soda! Sparkling, fruity, and a little sharp. Awesome :)

ADDED March 27:

Fruity pebbles indeed! I love this :D Sparkling citrus notes with a clean and refreshing swoosh of white tea. Wonderful oil!

Edit: Didn't think I'd already reviewed this one! Sorry mods!!

Edited by Shollin

In the bottle: made me say "wow" and my nose go slightly twitchy (but in a charming way). This was the first perfume I opened from my first order, and the one I had been most curious to try. It was actually the one that made me order from BPAL in the first place; sounded fascinating!

On my skin: at first, the kumquat and orange blossoms came out, with the white pepper nipping at their heels. I couldn't find the tea at all. As the day wore on, the white pepper decided it was queen and came forward. I kept burying my nose in my elbow crooks to smell the pepper whenever I really started to hate working on the statistics assignment I had to do.

Last thoughts: the tea scent came out a bit heavier the second time I wore it. The orange blossoms almost smell like kitchen cleaner, but stop short of reaching that (bad) level. Everyone else talked about candy, but I didn't get that at all. It's far too peppery and full of attitude to smell like candy to me. Candy is sweet and uncomplicated; this is full of levels and personality.

Edited by frecklestars

crazy, crazy scent!!! wet on skin it screams fruit, mostly kumquat I think because I get some sweet citrus, like some sour candies, it's pretty sharp.

and then in the drydown it gets a bit mellow, and to me this is some kind of fruit tea, like milford fruit tea, hibiscus + aroma.

something like this: http://i.fotexnet.hu/fes/pictures/9/29/pro...icture_9592.jpg :lol:

good staying power too, lasted for about 6 hours on me.

I think I kind of like it, I will keep the imp for few months and see what ageing will do to it. :)

Sniffing the imp, it's white tea and orange blossom.

On my skin, this is a lovely orange citrus scent. The tea note surfaces the more the oil dries on my skin, but it remains mostly a citrus blend on my skin.

Imp: Fruity

Wet: Mmmm... :yum: Grapefruit, orange, cake...smells promising. This is like Huesos de Santo on steroids.

Drydown: Orange blossom and Huesos de Santo. After about 30 minutes, an overwhielming bitterness takes and ruins the scent. The wet phase was soooooo good... :cry2:

This is fruity, sticky and extremely sweet on me, like I'd accidentally just dumped a entire thing of nectar all over my hands. I assume this is the kumquat - I don't think I have kumquat in anything else and it's really really strong. I can't smell the orange blossom too much, and the tea and pepper notes are MIA. This is a little *too* sweet for me for most days (I'm more of an outdoorsy-scent girl) but I can see reaching for this on certain days when I'm in the mood. I will definitely be holding on to the imp.

At first it is pepper and tea, but after the first 30 seconds there is orange sneaking up outside.

It dries down to a nice orange tea scent. I think it will be perfect for the summer.

I'm really not sure how to describe this scent! There's a definite slightly-sweet citrus note in there that becomes more prominent as the scent dries on my skin. However, there's also this tangled mass of lush tropical vines that is overlaid which piques my interest and makes this scent truly interesting. I keep sniffing at it, because it's nice and yet... strange and not quite placeable.

Tweedledee

Ths smells like fruit and... fried pastries? I worked in a bakery during high school, and this reminds me of fruit-filled danish. The kumquat ends up dominating, but there's still a teensy bit of 'bakery' in there.

Tweedledee

In the Imp: This smelled like fruit and cake to me....something a bit more filling than fruit is in there....

Wet: The fruit and "cake" were joined by some spicy spice in the background...not overwhelming....more like a 3rd cousin than a sister....

Dry: Mmmmmm....something is staying tart but to quote a reviewer above, there is something vaguely Fruity Pebbles about this...the white pepper has now become the "saving grace" for the fragrance for my chemistry.

Time Lapse 1 hour: like a dusty orange lifesaver stuck to a cherry lifesaver....haven't I typed this before? Sigh....by body chemisty is POO!! I'm either a plastic toy or an orange lifesaver stuck to a cherry lifesaver....sigh again...

Time Lapse 2 hours: dusty barely there sweet and white pepper....

Verdict: these fruity fragrances just don't "throw" on me and certainly don't last.....it's a twisty lovely suprise of a fragrance thought....perhaps one for my locket!!

I like this one, but not as something I'd wear. Maybe as a scent in one of my daughters' rooms. It reminds me of fruit loops.

I am fascinated by the different kinds of pepper that are out there! BPAL blends with "pink pepper" are fantabulous on my skin, but I'm finding that anything else is very hit or miss. Unfortunately, Tweedledee is a miss. This pepper, combined with the tea which I'm finding also doesn't really like me, is VERY bitter on my skin. :(

Imp: Orangy and sweet with a sneezy dash of white pepper.

Wet: Too fruity. Some horrid, sticky treat kids like.

Dry: Once it dries down the white tea is nicely spiced and the orange blossom is more delicate. Oddly I smell something a bit like toast and marmalade.

Overall: Like a lot of the tea party scents...zany...not to be missed...to be passed on for someone else to experience:)

The Kumquat and orange smelled kinda sweet and bright while the white pepper gave it a spicyness.

I like it!

I'm so awful at picking out the notes - I am so "like" or "don't like" :lol: Hopefully the more familiar I get & the more practice I get, I will be more descriptive

In the imp: citrusy sweet, like limeade or a popsicle - I'm smelling something margarita-ish too.

Wet: Orange blossom sweetness, kind of a SweetTarts after a minute or two. Summery smelling, very nice. Not too sweet, I definitely smell the tartness - and maybe the pepper? Something that tickles my nose a little. I don't smell any tea.

After about 15 minutes, I am smelling sneezy orange. I can't decide if I like it or not. The fruity is almost too sweet - I guess this is kumquats? To my knowledge, I have never smelled a kumquat! But if I huff my arm, I get the feeling in my sinuses like I took a big whiff of pepper. Will report back later.

Wow, ok, after another 15 minutes..... gone. It was nice while it lasted, I guess. All 40 minutes or so, ha ha!

Edited by ltrittipoe

This is an odd scent. at first it's a bit sweet and green and white pepper, but then it's sweet kumquat. I like it

Wet, it is bright, slightly astringent in a good way, and very peppy. I feel a good deal more awake after sniffing this, and that's good since I was having a very slow start this morning.

Drying, the kumquat fades quite a bit, but, it's still a peppy, very awake scent.

This was a good one to stumble upon this morning!

Got this as a frimp with an order - fruity scents aren't really my thing so I personally won't be wearing it, however, it's a bit silly to judge a fruity perfume poorly for being fruity, since that would be missing the point - a little like criticizing an Austen book for not having enough dinosaurs (although with the recent zombie crossover one can hope a dinosaur Austen won't be far off).

As far as fruity scents go, you could do a lot worse than Tweedledee. It's really genuinely yummy and fruity, nothing artificial, it's like having your head dunked in a punchbowl - in the good sense. It's a cheerful, whimsical fragrance and very endearing. I'm going to keep this one around as a gift.

For me, the kumquat and orange blossoms are the dominant notes once it dries, it stays beautifully foody for hours and hours.

Edited by voorishsign

In the imp: Sweet apricot/tangerine/MANGO candy. Very orange colored.

Wet: Same as in imp. Very, sweet, almost too sweet.

Dry: Smells cleaner and not as heavily sugared, white colored now, I suppose. Definitely smell the white tea. The white pepper I'm not too sure about. I love White Rabbit, which contains white pepper, but Tweedledee reminds me in no way of White Rabbit.

Overall: Starts off a bit too sweet for my taste, but lasts all day long! And it doesn't bother me really, as most too sweet scents do. I'll use my imp.

imp: sweet fruit, slight citrus, floral, and something that reminds me of wax lips (weird, but the more I think about it, the more spot on it is)

Wet: the kumquat note comes out, but there isn't a lot of rind/zest to it, which is really what sticks out in a natural kumquat for me. The floral note turns sickly sweet on me really fast.

Dry: Oh hell, this turned on me. It's lightly citrusy, then has that sweet edge that you get in garbage & vomit.ugh. I have to wash it off. It does not work with my body chemistry.

Edit to add: an hour after washing it off, there's a lingering sugar, citrus & pepper. This, I like. But, it's not worth the rest.

Edited by Lemonlife

Wet and dry this smells overpoweringly like orange sherbet.

Its actually incredibly strong and even the liquid in the imp is syrupy, so I have to remember to only put this on in smaller amounts (I'm naturally a slatherer).

I've been wearing it for 5 days, still love it.

As it starts to fade throughout the day it smells a bit like orange household cleaners... despite this I still like it.

Delightful! I was afraid of this because Tweedledum turned into patchouli and I really wanted the mango I smelt in the imp. This one stuck to the fruity scent in the imp. Like Lolita without the seduction. More playful.

Vial: Whoafruity! Almost fizzy, bright orange scent

On: On, something fresh is joining the kumquat, and I'd guess it's the white tea. I might be getting a slight whiff of pepper at the end. It smells a bit like satsuma body butter from The Body Shop. I actually kinda like it, even if it's quite far in the foody range for me. It's a very happy scent.

Later: Orange-y and slightly peppery, happy and peppy :D I don't know if I like it as a perfume, but it's definitely a great little mood enhancer. I'll hold on to the imp.

Well, when I first opened the bottle I thought it smelt kinda...cheap. Maybe like a child's play perfume, but I tried it anyways. For the first 10 minutes it was obnoxiously pungent orange blossom, and then it transformed. It became a soft orange with a bit of a tang to it (white pepper?) But still very fresh. It really is lovely and a nice complex scent. Sometimes I smell more orange, then I get a sniff and no wait, it's tea! Light and fresh, this is a summer or spring scent for sure! It def. reminds me of a picnic of a tea party in a beautiful field in the middle of nowhere, so whimsical without being childish which I imagine is hard to accomplish so yeah Beth! I will probably get a bottle of this for spring/summer since the staying power is decent (better than The Doormouse, which I like) and it's something very different than anything I own. I give this one an A+!