Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thedragoncharmer

Yemaya

... Her ofrenda is a bounty of melons and grapes, strewn with the petals of the flowers of motherhood, draped with sea mosses.

Yemaya smells exactly like this watermelon lipgloss I had when I was younger. Not only is it an amazing smell, but it brings back all these wonderful memories of summer vacation, sundresses, swimming, grass, daisy chains... Edited by Shollin

Can't make out the grape here, just the melon at first which is lovely and not too sweet. There is some sort of flower in here that I recognize but can't put my finger on - lily? - it's very alkaline and unpleasant on me and ruins the melon. Sad.

I knew Yemaya would be everything I loathe.

I knew it could make me gag and cringe.

Yet I tried it. (Who knows? I've met with some very nice surprises this way.)

Ugh. Icingbane.

Foulness incarnate.

Cantaloupe!Cantaloupe!!Cantaloupe!!!Cantaloupe!!! hard candies, with a touch of sweet, salty seaweed, candied grapes, maybe a touch of delicate, sweet flowers and Cantaloupe!!! which will. not. scrub. off.

I hate the smell of cantaloupe, even when I'm just walking by it in the grocery store. :P

This smells totally awesome, like big glistening chunks of sugared honeydew melon. :P The sweet melon phase doesn't last longer than half an hour on me, but it's definitely good enough to merit the trouble of reapplying.

In Vial:Sweet green melon

Wet: Ohhhh! This is so nice. Crisp sweet melon, not very ripe.

I am beginning to smell a hint of the sea mosses. Mixing with the fruit, this is a very

Fresh smelling scent.

Later: This is wonderful! I am in love~seriously! This smells a lot like Fee to me. In fact, the melon was my favorite part of Fee but was just not strong enough. So THIS is Perrrfect! It is not very sweet. So simple and fresh. I wish I would have tried this one sooner.

oh YUM. I've been looking lighter, summery scents, and Yemaya is GREAT.

Honeydew indeed. That's almost all I smell. The moss and florals make it a little more complex, but overall this is melony goodness. I need a bottle for this summer, nothing I have is anything like this!

In the bottle: Light gold oil. Honeydew melon sweetened with almost candy-like grapes. Sweet and fruity!

Wet: Sweeter, less melon-fresh and heavier on the grapes. This is also a little tangy, though. And cantaloupe has joined the honeydew.

Dry: Honeydew receding while cantaloupe amps. The grapes are softer now, more tangy like grapeskin, less candy-sweet. There is a hint of something sort of musty that I don't like - sea mosses?

Later: I think the floral, which feels white to me and is very light, has emerged. This mostly cantaloupe, juicy and not too sweet. Very little grape or honeydew remains. Still a hint of that musty note.

Summary: The florals and that musty sea moss note amp as the cantaloupe fades, though remains a major contributor. It's still a fresh, juicy scent, and even the tangy grapes seem to come back a bit with the melon lightening. Decent throw but fades rapidly

I love melon but this one would be a slatherer, I prefer Earth Rat for melon, and that sea moss puts me off.

Cheap candy when wet, drydown turns generically fruity, without the plummy richness of Frumious Bandersnatch, rather a reediness that reminds me more of Absinthe. Further oxidation brings out the (presumable) sea moss, which smells musty. Trade bag, oh yeah.

Yemaya to me smells like those suckers that you can buy that you dip into the candy powder. The suckers that are shaped like feet haha. Lol, this is what I thought while smelling Yemaya. It is a very pretty melon scent. Very fresh and vibrant. As the scents dries down the melon gets lighter. I can pick out the grapes in this scent and it works very well with the melon. Such a great scent for summer.

Edited by DARKBEAUTY28

This really reminds me of Earth Rat too. I guess it is the melon scent. I will keep the imp, but since I have a bottle of Earth Rat, I won't be getting more of this one.

In The Bottle

Fresh, not quite ripe honeydew

On Application

Honeydew with something bitter behind it. Very refreshing

Dry Down

Sweetens and deepens with the bitter edge fading as it warms, almost as if the melon is ripening. Very nice.

Rating (0-5)

Wet: Juicy cantaloupe and honeydew melon.

Dry: Sweeter still juicy melons.

Dry a few hours later: sweet, earthy spices and a hint of dew.

Very pretty. I love this. It smells like real melons, but sweeter-- but not sickly sweet, like many BPAL fruit notes tend to turn on me.

This is honeydew melon. It was honeydew when I smelled it in the imp.

It was honeydew as I put it on me. It stayed honeydew drying down.

And remained honeydew when dry. I get no other noews from this,

but honey dew. My Honey likes honeydew...but I'm not sure if he wants\

to smell it on me!

ohmyheavenly melon goodness. i so much want to add my two cents, but what can i possibly say that hasn't already been said?! yemaya is a gorgeous, sweet and juicy honeydew-cantaloupe platter. very innocent and bright. i cannot wait to try this one during the summer months. BEAUTIFUL! :)

In bottle/imp: Melon and grapes. A little tart, though.

Immediately on skin: This smells the same as it did in the imp: slightly tart melon and grapes. It’s almost a little spicy as well, which might be some kind of floral mixed in.

After a little while: This doesn’t change at all as I wear it. It’s still that fruity, sweet, and slightly tart melon and grape combo with a hint of spice. This is a very strong scent.

Overall Impressions: This is so fun and bright. The fruitiness of this is strong, but well balanced between the melon and grape. I really don’t get anything else though besides a spiciness that is very well blended into the scent. This is definitely a pick me up kind of scent.

In the bottle: Yummmmmmy honeydew melon. <3

Wet: Honeydew and cantaloupe. There's something a little sparkling in it, a little Jolly Rancher, but for the most part it's lovely real fruit.

Dry: Once dry, it's more Jolly Rancher than fresh fruit, but hey, I like that scent too. :D

Verdict: Love love love it! :P

5/5

Upon opening the imp I thought "Wait, I know this smell..." It smells like a box of Jelly Bellys. A sort of overall fruity candy sweetness. This opinion may be influenced by the fact that my favorite flavor is watermelon.

On me it smells like some sort of fruit candy - very sweet with a vague fruitiness, but somehow flat. There just isn't really anything else to it. But it's nice, if you want to smell like a jelly bean or Jolly Rancher.

In the imp it smells delightfully fruity!

Wet it smells exactly like jelly beans! This scent reminds me of Easter, because we always get those big things of Jelly Bellies for Easter, so it's bringing back good memories.

After a bit it dries down but it keeps that fruity sweetness, but not like jelly beans anymore. It smells like a yummy bowl of ripe melons. After a few hours it softens down to a light, fresh and fruity scent.

Definitely digging this one way more than I was expecting. It's exactly the fresh scent that I've been searching for, and I wish I would have know about it during the summer as it seems like it would be a refreshing summer scent for a hot day :P

First on this is all honeydew with a hint of cucumber. Reminds me a bit of jolly ranchers. I'm not getting any of the grapes.

As it dries I get a bit of the mosses and a very slight floral sweetness. I definitely like this a lot more as it dries and the honeydew calms down. It's actually very pretty, though I think the imp will be enough for me. We'll see once summer comes and I'm more in the mood for a scent like this.

I'm happy I got to try this. :P

Oh, YUM. Wet, Yemaya is ripe juicy honeydew melon. On drydown, it turns a bit grape-y. Regardless, this is one of the nicest of the foody scents I have tried.

It`s a sweet, juicy and ripe melon, with a hint of honey, it has an amazing throw and it causes immediate happiness. I do love it.