Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A buoyant, dulcet blend of vanilla, sunflower, carnation, honeydew, peach blossom, lychee, oakmoss and white tea.

I swapped my Egg Nog for an imp of this, and boy am I glad!

This is all sparkling honeydew in the imp; fresh and bright and mouth-wateringly good! Initially it maintains that pure melon scent, but then it starts to morph into a slightly powdery scent, which is actually very pleasant and soft.

I can definitely pick up the vanilla others have mentioned, but it's light. The tea scent leads to a more mellow drydown (though the sweetness prevails) but I'm not really getting any similarities to Dorian, which is good since Dorian smells like a cleaning product on my skin.

Overall, I am a huge fan of this scent. :D Tea + honeydew melon + vanilla = :P

:P

This is lovely and succulent with honeydew, peach blossom, lychee and white tea. The vanilla in the top note is a sweet beginning with this scent. Surprisingly, the carnation is an awesome touch of spiciness but not overpowering the rest of the components.

Wonderful for both spring and summer wearing. I would even say that this would be a lovely bridal fragrance as well (if sweet, soft and lovely is what you're trying to evoke!)

This is one of my 2 favorites in the Inquisition along with Mitzvah.

I am fortunate to own a full bottle of this incredible scent.

:D

This came courtesy of sarahmarie. Thanks, hon. :P

Fée is very wham bam honeydew! An almost sickeningly sweet honeydew. However, after a while, it gets slightly musky in the way that Fae gets musky, a sort of sparkling fruity musk. The vanilla, lychee, peach blossom, and white tea and the honeydew meld together to produce an ethereal confection. The honeydew is there, but just out of reach.

Fée is quite lovely for the concept it conveys.

Wet, this scent is 100% melon for me. It's a beautiful watery sort of melon (the tea might be responsible for the "watery" aspect. It isn't until an hour or so in that i get any sort of sweetness from it, and the vanilla is very slight for me, just augmenting the honeydew's sweetness nicely without smelling like one of the foody scents. This is a very fresh and light scent w/ good staying power - remarkably UN-complex.

First sniff: Fresh, juicy, bright green honeydew melon, with a smidgen of vanilla teasing around the edges.

Wearing: It’s so incredibly honeydew, with a glorious vanilla base that just gets deeper and more pronounced as it dries.

Fee

Thank you Shollin for making this possible!

In the bottle: Fresh, ripe melon

On me: Luscious! Oh my, I was looking for a summery scent and yes, this is it! At first it is all melon. But spiked melon, intoxicating. As I wear it, it doesn't fade, it surrounds me, becomes juicer. I am picking up some sunflower and the vanilla isn't apparent, but adds creaminess. I have found some peach scents that do not like me, but the peach blossom does. I just looked lychee up on the web and found that it is a fruit. So that must give some depth to the melon/fruit scent. I love this!! I will try to get more.

Hey, I wore this the next day and kept getting the vanilla/carnation scent from this. Oh, I like it even more!

Edited by cybra111

Fée - When first applied, the honeydew and white tea are the notes that dominate the rest, and it’s almost too sweet, although it’s very pretty and genuine. However, upon drydown, the honeydew and tea completely disappear and the scent is almost entirely a very subtle vanilla with a twist of lychee sweetness. I really like it and would wear it more if only it weren’t so subtle and didn’t stick so close to the skin. My skin is left smelling very creamy and sweet, but I can’t smell it unless I press my nose against my wrist – there is no subtle wafting or anything.

Wow… the honeydew smacks me over the head immediately! I mean, I know there were fruits listed in the description but I wasn’t expecting them to be so strong in a “winter” scent. After the initial drydown a hint of carnation is coming out peeking past the huge honeydew. It finally settles into a sweet floral, but not overwhelmingly so… the honeydew is still there and making its presence known.

I smell melon and peach. I don't much like eating either of them, but that's okay. On my skin, the vanilla comes through. It's not the nice vanilla, though. It's the one that makes me nauseated like I've eaten a bowl of frosting. To the swaps!

I smell warm spicy fruit, if there is such a thing. It's a soft yet unique scent. If you can get your hands on some of this you wont be sorry. Maybe some flower in there...but not a fru-fru flower. This one is hard to describe

i get the white tea-vanilla-honeydew... and the hint of oakmoss & sunflower petals in there somewhere. i can't tell if it is the peach blossom or the lychee turning vaguely mango on me, but if i could take out whatever note(s) that is... this would be SOoOoooo yum.

as it is, i'm glad i have an imp, but it'll do me [=

.... to note, Panera Bread has a drink that's honeydew and green tea with *something* else that i can't remember right now (comes with a straw as big around as a penny, its nuts, but its the only way to get the "chunks' of honeydew...)

anyway, i smell like that drink tastes.

Edited by TrailerTrashPrincess

I smell vaguely spicy, musky peaches and melons. I am in love!!! I have one precious imp, but am hoping that someday this will make a return.

Why oh why did I torture myself by purchasing an imp of this on ebay??? I fear I am in love with this scent and cannot get more :P . In the imp all I smell is straight honeydew...nothing else....which is fine by me. I like to smell like fruit!! If this was brought back I would buy 5 bottles of it....very summery and extremely fruity!!!! I will cherish my imp!!

Ooh, now this is interesting. The predominant notes on me appear to be vanilla and a soft tea, but I'm also getting a touch of spiciness from the carnation. There's something in here that's...deep and earthy, but not in the sense of an "earth" note. Very rich, very primordial, and I wish I had more than the little bit I have. This is very different from any other BPAL scent I've tried and it's very hard to describe, other than gorgeous.

Spicy melon candy that dries down to creamy sweet tea. It's beautiful. I'd write a better review, but I only tested a little of this from a friend's bottle; but suffice to say that if I could get my hands on some, I'd do so in a trice. Candyish without being sweet or syrupy, with a little kick; buoyant and happy and fizzy. Yum.

In the vial: juicy honeydew, just dripping with fresh-cut juice.

On my skin: still fresh honeydew but the white tea is now present. Very sweet, almost too much so but I can tell this one is starting to change.

Drydown: I can barely smell the honeydew now and can't detect any white tea. What's left of this beauty is an 'almost there' vanilla and I'm going to guess lychee by the notes, as I'm unfamiliar with it. I never detected the carnation as some other reviewers did but wish that I had!

In the imp: sweet, creamy melon. I'm not usually a fan of melon scents, as they tend to be cloying to me, but after reading the reviews here I'm willing to give it a try.

Initial application: the sweet melon remains, tempered with a white floral scent. Very pretty.

Drydown: the vanilla comes out, toning down the sweetness and amping the floral and tea scent. It's not my favorite of the fruit-based scents, but it's very nice all the same, a delicate, cheerful scent, good for spring.

Smiley rating: :P

This is so, so, yummy. On me, it's pure honeydew at first, but then mellows down into a sweet white-tea and delicate florals smell, with only a hint of the melon.

I must have more. :P

This smells practically like a honeydew single note on me at first. It's all I can smell. As it dries, it becomes less juice-like and much softer. It seems to be a vanilla/honeydew combination. I can't single out any carnation or oakmoss in it, which is okay with me because I often don't like those notes. This scent is very pleasant and pretty.

I should note that I tried this not long after it came out, and I wasn't all that thrilled with it. I like it much better now, a year later.

i have had this forever, and never tested or reviewed it. *facepalm* this is why i prefer bottles--i lose track of imps.

anyway, this is a true, sweet honeydew when applied. amazing, really. almost mouthwatering, if you're a melon fan. as it dries, vanilla starts to peep out, though i haven't detected any of the carnation i've fallen so in love with recently. fresh, sweet and green, mellowing into a gorgeous all around blend. nice.

On me, this is a warm floral with springy bright petals, a touch of vanilla, and that nice characteristic melon scent. It's fruity but not tangy. The carnation lends the barest hint of floral spice to it. The tea seems to sort of soften and mellow the notes as they blend together toward the end.

This is really pretty and I'm glad I tried it, but the melon is not for me.

This is a very delicate floral blend on me, I really don't smell the carnation-I wish I did because I love that scent. But the floral is light and really goes nice with my skin chemistry. Then out comes the honeydew. I normally don't like honeydew but this is light and airy and is not overwhelming at all. I was a little worried because I have wanted to try this for a long time but was concerned that the melon would take over. After it starts to dry down, the vanilla pops in and just makes itself known. This is a lovely, light, Spring-Summer Scent. Since I am in a sunny area, I can wear this for at least another month or so! :P

straight sniff from imp is the juiciest, ripest honeydew melon... :P

once applied the honeydew mingles with some carnation and vanilla...

this is so, soooooooooo beautiful...after a bit i get a touch of peach and tea...

marvelous...

i shall cherish this imp for years to come :D

In the bottle: Exotic fruit, light golden flowers, MELON. Sweet and fruity and sunny on the whole.

Wet: Lovely. Juicy fresh honeydew melon, deliate peach blossom, hints of warm sunflower, a touch of lychee. No oakmoss or white tea. Light, natural vanilla.

Dry: Within minutes, vanilla completely overtakes the blend - even though the melon and sunflower notes remain detectable - it's so incredibly FAKE VANILLA BOMB that I had to wash off. Ridiculously sweet and overwhelming throw that could be smelled from miles away.

I guess it's good the vanilla turned evil, considering how rare this is!

Edited by fairnymph

in the imp: whoa, MELON. this is the melon in AquaPrima, the delicious sparkling beverage i can no longer find in the states. a bit spicy, not-too-sweet, real melon. :P

wet on skin: same, with a bit of -carnation? sunflower?- thrown in for a little spice.

dry down: the melon has died down a bit leaving me with a bit more of the vanilla/carnation mix.

in all: i'm really glad i got to see what the fuss is bout, but since i don't get to hang on to that amazing melon i got at the begining, i find i'm mostly relieved that i am not pining away for an impossible-to-find bottle of the stuff. :D