Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A buoyant, dulcet blend of vanilla, sunflower, carnation, honeydew, peach blossom, lychee, oakmoss and white tea.

In its little implet, this smells delicious - sweet, ripe melon, and a hint of tea.

Sadly, Fée does not like my skin, whatsoever.
Wet, it still smells very melony, and while that's not my favorite scent, it's rather pleasant. However, as Fée dries, something powdery, and almost bitter comes out on my skin. I don't honestly know what's doing it - there are a few notes in Fée that I don't always get along with, but none that react like this.
It's a shame, too, because until it touches me, Fée smells really, really good. Edited by Shollin

Bottle: freshly cut honeydew at the peak of ripeness, with a little extra something wonderful.

Wet: the same.

Drydown: getting herbal, with just a hint of melon as background.

Worn: sweet, juicy melon again, very fresh and cheerful without being too sweet, and I like it a lot. However, it fades almost instantly on my skin (we're talking maybe three minutes, here, at the most) and becomes dull and even a touch overripe. It might be a time of the month thing, but I'm not picking up the tea/vanilla notes that others are mentioning.

Conclusion: the original Fée is perfect for the person for whom I pled Nice, and making it into a spritz would be an option for any chemistry issues.

Edited by melange

In the bottle this is all fruit--honey dew and the others, I suppose, because I'm not entirely sure I know what lychees smell like. Its overwhelmingly fruity, so much so that I didn't want to put it on my skin.

But I did. Ack! I smell like a sort of festering melon. Really, really awful. I was quite disappointed because I'd hoped the other notes would overwhelm the melon. Nope.

But about 5 minutes later, the scent morphs, and the fruit goes away and I'm left with the vanilla tea that other people noted. Can we say Dorian? Very very like Dorian on me, and I quite like Dorian.

The thing is, I have a 10 ml. of Dorian. Do I need Fee too? I'm not convinced I do. And that opening melon note is pretty rough on me.

I think I'll have to try it a couple more times to see what I think, but I may have to find a new home for Fee....Still, I'd swapped my Snowbound for it, and I'm glad I got to try it, so its all good. (And anyway, I also got the blissfully delicious Hellion in the mail on the same day, so its a good smellie day for me!

In the bottle: Hooo boy, that's sure some strong honeydew... makes me a little nervous that this will turn out like Fruit Moon (a.k.a. the only Lunacy I just can't wear).

On: Luckily, the honeydew takes a beating from the vanilla, settles down, and plays nice with the other scents. I'm getting a definite vanilla-tea vibe, with bits of fruit and floral around the edges. I agree that this is Titania mixed with Dorian.

Tea scents tend to be extremely subtle on me and get lost in my chemistry - so while Fée is lovely (and the Nice scent I was most excited about), I do wish it was a little stronger.

Wow the honeydew packs a punch in and outside of the bottle! Thankfully is lays back a little bit on.

Overall, fee smells a little like melony baby powder. I get vanilla immediately after application. After a minute the peach and carnation poke their heads out. It smells even better close to the wrist. Wafting, it's still very melony.

Now I know what it reminds me of!! Antique Lace with melon!

i must have been REALLY nice, because although i missed the inquisition ( :D ), a lovely forumite swapped me an imp of fee :P

in the imp it smells super sweet- like melon candy! so good! after a few minutes on my skin it's turned to...dorian? i didn't read the notes before i tried this, how can that be? (looks at notes- ah, vanilla and tea, yes, i see...). i'm one of the loonies who doesn't really like dorain. crap.

minutes 5-10 or so are excellent- back to fruity goodness!

but then dorian returns :D

my skin does funny things with vanilla, i imagine that on others this would be sooo amazing! the perfect spring/summer blend...

I was sent an imp of this by the amazing UltraViolet.

Wet: Melon and a sugar and maybe a tad of a tea backnote.

Dry: Well, never been so happy to dislike a scent, my pocketbook will be SO happy. On me this is a sharp sour melon with a lightly sweetened tea back. Doesn't begin to go well with my skin or nose, and I am eternally grateful. I feel sad I missed out on what others seem to love so much but I didn't order the NorN shirt, even one, and I cannot afford the eBay price for this.

I swapped for this one and I'm so very happy. This is the one I wanted the most.. or Snow Angel. The Mitzvah I received was not my cup of tea.

In the bottle and fresh on... it frankly scares me. That's a lot of honeydew. It smells like a sugary melon ball, and all I smell is watery, sweet fruit, and the barest hint of sunflower and vanilla. I was afraid this was going to be too much. I can definitely see the Titania vibe.

As it dries down, I get a burst of sunflower. I adore sunflower. But it's fleeting, and goes back to melon. It stays that way with a bit more vanilla for a good half hour. In fact, in part, this smells precisely like Republic of Tea's Honeydew Melon White Tea. (Not a surprise given the components!)

And then, boom! Glorious Dorian vanilla tea with a hint of sweet fruity florals. I'm so glad my chemistry plays nice with vanilla and tea, becuse I love them. In fact, this more than makes up for my bottle of Dorian not having the tea vibe I loved in my imp.

:P

This is going to be just perfect for summer . Here's hoping it lasts for a good while on my skin.

I finally got my hands on Fee, and I was surprised that this took some getting used to. I thought I would instantly love it.

In the bottle: Honeydew! It smells very green.

First applied: It smells like honeydew ... ice cream. The vanilla is very light and milky on me. It reminds me a little of Milk Moon, which is not my favorite blend. Hmm. Don't know if I like this.

Dry: So here's where I start to really love Fee. The tea and sunflower come out, against a background of vanilla. There's just the slightest smear of watery honeydew and a smidge of oakmoss in there also. I don't get much carnation at all. I can't compare this to Dorian, because I can't remember what he smelled like, but this is good.

I love Fee when it's dry :P and I do like the honeydew. I might be trying some layering with this one, because of the initial milky smell.

I spilled. :P So might as well review it. I've got Holiday Moon on one arm and Fee on the other.

Wet: mmmm. melon. Honeydew, fresh, wet, succulent, juicy. Holy crap this smells so REAL.

Drydown: the melon note dies down a lot but doesn't entirely go away. It picks up a sugary, creamy smell. Almost like a very light caramel. This is my childhood summers, sitting on the porch after being in the pool, eating melons in the sun. Not flowery at all. Just sweet and yummy.

This is total perfection. PLEASE BRING THIS BACK.

Fee

In the imp: melon! Sweet honeydew melon juice!

Wet on skin: sweet melon juice and a hint of tea, and possibly some carnation and vanilla under the melon.

Dry: oh, this is pretty! I can totally see the resemblance to Dorian-there is a hint of Dorian’s vanilla tea here, but the tea is brighter and tangier, and it’s sweetened with moist melon and possibly a hint of lychee, and perhaps some peach and carnation. There’s a nice contrast of sweetness and tartness here, it’s not too cloying and not too sharp-it’s in between. This scent is fun, bouncy and summery.

After a while: (30-45 mins) whoa, this wafts like crazy! I have my arm down by my side, and I get this amazing vanilla tea and melon throw. Beautiful! The scent is still pretty much the same as before, but with more of a tart tea note and not as much sweetness. The melon’s sweetness has toned down but it still retains that moist quality. I think I get sunflower at this point-I think that’s what it is, it’s a dry, non-sweet scent, slightly floral and slightly like sunflower seeds maybe? I also get moss now.

(1 hour or so) this settles back into a creamy smooth vanilla-tea scent, like a lighter, fruitier Dorian with some moss. There may even be a little hint of light musk here. There’s also a freshly tangy ‘light herbs’ note here that reminds me of the ‘lunar oils’ from older Lunacy blends, for some reason. I also get the peach note-along with the moss, it reminds me very, very slightly of Fae. It’s a clean, crisp, light-hearted scent.

Verdict: I was looking forward to trying this Inquisition scent most of all, and I was not let down! This is a wonderful scent-light, fruity, bright and sunny, cool and sparkling. It’s got aspects of Dorian and Fae (which doesn’t come as a surprise), but with melon and an assortment of other wonderful things. This is a fabulous and complex fragrance with lots of throw, and many dimensions-sweetness, tartness, moistness, lightness, fruitiness, etc. I adore this scent, its fairy-ish name, and the clouds of fragrance that waft off my wrist and surround me when I wear this. I will need to scour Ebay extra hard, because I need a bottle!

First, thanks to the awesome Voleuse for passing along this imp. :D

In the bottle:

Sweet, but not in a floral OR a fruity way, and not too strong/cloying. Hard to describe.

Wet:

Even harder to describe. I'm thinking it's predominantly honeydew I'm smelling, because it's a touch fruity, but not piercingly sweet or sour, just sort of soft and watery the way honeydew is. Something about it smells slightly "oily," although not in a bad way.

Drydown:

Damn. This really is the hardest to describe scent I've ever reviewed. I think the oily scent is the sunflower; it makes me think of dried seeds, although not salty or burnt smelling. I know I'm not getting tea, because it always goes lemon on me, and I'm thinking perhaps the carnation and oakmoss are contributing to the "not-sweet" planty/floral element. Argh! I feel totally useless at this. :P

I actually wasn't crazy about the first ten minutes of this, just because I couldn't get a handle on the scent, but eventually it sweetened up (the way almost all BPAL does on me), and I got a definite hint of vanilla and peach blossom around the edges. Luckily, though, they didn't become overwhelming, and added just enough sweetness to define the scent a little better.

This is definitely a sunny, pale green, happy blend, and I'll look forward to trying it again and trying to pin it down some more.

Edited by sophia_helix

Fee is absolutely gorgous...like Dorian+Fruit Moon+fairy sparkles! =D

To describe it color-wise, Fee is a riot of creamy, bright pastels--green, yellow, peach, white, pink...it's fruity, but not in the "neon juice" way of many BPAL fruits. The lovely soft vanilla and delicate hint of musk make the blend all fluffy-like, with the white tea--not at all sharp, yay!--adds a refreshing sparkle to the blend.

Fee is most definately one of my top BPALs of all time, and easily my fave of the N/N scents!

This was beautiful. I always have good luck with tea-based scents, and this was no exception.

In the imp, it was sweet and light, and wet, there was a rush of sugary goodness that slowly backed off, becoming more integrated with the tea. A couple of hours later, the lychee has shown up, adding an extra level of sweetness.

This reminds me a lot of Pink Phoenix, sans strawberry. I like it a lot. :P

Edited by harmonyfb

On me, Fee starts out almost all melon..melonmelonmelon.

But then, just as I was beginning to wonder what had happened to the other notes, this almost musky scent started coming out. I know musk isn't listed as a component, but that's what it smells like on me - musky melon. It is actually a pretty nifty little scent. I am looking forward to wearing this when it starts to get warmer, as I think it will be a wonderful warm weather scent for me, actually.

Funny, the day I got my Naughty and Nice scents, I bought a Radox Melon & Cucumber shower gel because I'd been craving honeydew and rockmelon. I really wanted Fée because of the melon and lychee, but wouldn’t have minded Snow Angel or Mitzvah either :P

Anywho, I was so happy to get Fée! As soon as I opened the bottle, I suddenly found myself smiling. Mouthwatering fizzy melon! But it wasn’t just the melon that made me smile, it just smelt so happy. Bottled joy! This was more than what I was hoping for, and on my skin it’s just about the same: the deliciously zippy honeydew being what I can smell the most, with the other fruity notes mixed in. I don’t notice the florals too much, but there is a light dryness there. I’m guessing that comes from the tea (it's like the taste of black tea), sunflower and carnation, but it's not obvious as carnation. The fizzy aspect remains right through to the drydown, when it becomes a softened version of all the above with a little vanilla drifting about in the background. The staying power and sillage isn’t too bad, I get a lovely summery feel around me for a while until it dries down about an hour later. This is one cheerful, joyful scent. Very nice indeed!

PS: Ooh, and the Radox shower gel smells yummy, very bright and melony with a hint of cucumber. Goes just dandy with Fée!

Decant Group

In the imp:

A melony scent

On wet:

This almost smells like a cumcumber melon scent. It is a sweet floral scent as it begins to sit. The melon scent is mostly gone now this smells like something I have smelled before. I can't place if its another Bpal or a perfume I have smelled before.

Drydown: This one for whatever reason hit a point and decided to pack its bags and leave. This on totally vanished on me in under twenty minutes. Too bad it was getting good.

I love Fee - smells like fresh melon salad - mostly honeydew with a little bit of cantaloupe. So refreshing and summery. On dry down it becomes more complex, with some of the floral and tea notes coming forward. This is just gorgeous - definitely on my top 10 list.

NB - Fee is extremely thin, viscosity-wise. Decanting it is not the world's easiest enterprise.

In the vial, Fee is pure melon - honeydew, I think. That's the first thing that I smell when it hits my skin. I normally don't get along well with fruit scents, but this is just so beautiful and light and subtle. The tea and vanilla soften the honeydew to something just delicious. God, I wish I could get a bottle of this so I could just drench myself in it. This is the first tea scent that hasn't gone weird on me AND the first melon scent that actually stayed melon. I love it and will treasure my lone imp.

Origin:

Imp from my Imp Pimp, Diana. :P

Preconceived notions:

I don't see this one working for me. I'm not a fan of florals or melon and this sounds far too girly for me, but I'll happily try it! :D

First sniff:

Very sweet and melony. Like melon flavored taffy, almost. It's interesting, but not really me.

Wet on skin:

Sweet, sugary melon with a touch of flowers. Even though I didn't expect to like this, I like it even less than I'd anticipated for some reason. It's just not working on me. Way too sweet and melony.

Dry down:

This reminds me of watermelon Bubble Yum for some reason. I think it's the sweetness mixed with the melon, even if it's not watermelon. Very candy sweet but not quite cloying somehow.

The bottom line:

Definitely not for me, even less so than I'd anticipated. :D

In the bottle, Fee is all honeydew. It reminds me of the Adam Sandler song "Food Inuendo Guy." I totally expected not to like this as melon does not smell good on my skin. But I like this. The melon dries down really fast and the resulting scent is a refreshing fruity-floral with nice hint of vanilla.

Well, this might be Nice but I feel pretty naughty for having splurged on a bottle :P I did a little experiment the other day that lead me away from buying imps of expensive scents- I filled an empty BPAL 5 mL with water and dumped it into a graduated cylinder. Guess what? 8 mL, filled the way the lab does, up to the shoulder. Which explains why 5 imps fill a bottle to the not-quite-two-thirds mark. So this little experiment of mine allowed me to talk myself into getting a bottle of this rather than paying for an imp. :D How do you like that logic?

All rambling aside, boy is this HONEYDEW. Bursting ripe honeydew, with the juices running down your arm, with is gorgeous creamy sweet undertone that makes it just... sinfully good. Then, after the honeydew burns off- rather quickly, about 15 minutes like I said- I'm left with this amazing, subtle sweet, creamy scent that is slightly lychee fruit, a hint of tea, very vanilla and all delicious. I do wish it were a bit stronger at this stage; this is not a long-lasting oil on me, it does go fast.

I feel like this would be one I'll love if we get any really hot weather this summer- I would love wear some Fee, lounge on my deck in the sun in my favorite black lace sundress, and drink some white wine sangria. It is very refreshing smelling to me.

This one really, really grew on me. Initially I had thought I might swap this, but no way. This is the melon scent that converted me! I usually hate fruit but this is just too beautiful. The amalgam of aromas in this is just wholly amazing, and absolutely unique. I did get complimented on it while it was being strongly honeydew. I see why it's so coveted.

For me, 5 out of 5.

Edited by LittleGreyKitten

Mmm melon! Right away I could smell the melon so well that I could just see it glistening. The first initial rush after putting it on was very intensely melon. After awhile though the melon slowly began to back off and I could smell another kind of sweetness. I couldn't really pinpoint what it was but it did smell sorta fruity too. This is definitely a keeper. Must Have More!!

Got this as a frimp from madelf, bless her heart! Initially it has a very strong melon scent, but it does quickly mellow out and take a back seat to the vanilla. Since I really like fruit that's a small shame, but I'll be keeping it around. A nice and mellow kind of sweet.

Holy melon! I love this when it's wet/ in the vial :P Of course the vanilla goes weird on my skin though. I might have to try it using that trick of putting almond oil on my skin first. bummer. I really wish it didn't change. At first it's sweet, juicy melon. Then my skin makes it weird vanilla. I guess the lab knew what they were doing when they sent me lump of coal as it is one of the few without vanilla in it.