Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Pink Phoenix

Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

:wub2: This is it!!! This is by far my favourite LE blend ever. It smells like dolls! Those sweet dolls that have a scent. YUM YUM it's stunning.

I can really smell the honeycomb and strawberry in it at the wet stage. I never really get the pear...and the sweet pea only comes out when it's super dry.
It's a sugary vanillary pink fluffy blend and I adore it!!! I want to bathe in it (But I won't hehe)

I have to thank Naughteblonde & Enui for coming to my rescue in the swaplifting crisis otherwise I never would have recieved this. You are both shining stars!!!

:hug:

This scent is Pink-In-A-Bottle! The delicious sweet pea, pear, sugar, and strawberry smell so fantastically fun and powdery! It smells like Love's Baby Soft with strawberry and violet.

After it dries down a bit, the subtle honeycomb and smooth, creamy vanilla bean come out to play.

I love this perfume! It is so pink and fuzzy and fun, I feel like wearing a pink frilly dress and twirling in a sunshiney summer meadow!

Pink Phoenix also has incredibly long wear-time. I worked a 15-hour day yesterday, til 2AM, and it stayed strong!

A wonderful treat, may cause cavities but who cares. Pure fun and innocence; and I agree, it does remind me of my old Strawberry Shortcake dolls!

a bit sweet, fruity, and floral. It smells very pink and girly, mainly of sweet pea and vanilla.

Bottle: candy-flavoured cough syrup.

Wet on Skin: super-sweet candy-berry-floral, no hint of vanilla for me.

Drydown: I think it’s the honeycomb ruining it for me… much prefer its cousin, Candy Phoenix.

In the imp this is sweet pea infused pear! It's ridiculously sweet, yet satisfying to us foodies :)

Wet this has subdued to a sexy vanilla slathered sweet pea, strawberry and pear smoothie! It's blended to perfection. And indeed, just a little bit silly! It screams of girly pinkness! Which is perhaps not so great...

Drying down this is a smooth and creamy sugared pear and strawberry smoothie with a little swirl of honey. It's a little less silly, less cloying and just lovely really! I can't wait for my bottle to arrive :)

Edited by TulaMontage

I really wanted to like this, but my immediate reaction on first opening the bottle was 'this smells like Calpol'. Then I hoped it would be different on my skin, but no, it's Calpol all the way. Not unpleasant, but medicinal (even kiddy medicinal) is not how I want to smell. Sadness. :(

In the bottle and the wet stages for Pink Phoenix are identical to me. It's this overwhelmingly sweet plastic vanilla note. Like little pink plastic Barbie shoes. I started to slather this on my wrists and neck because I assumed it would have a light throw. WRONG. In a few minutes I radiated it. Thankfully after it dried it became a sweet soft skin musk. I quite like it for those childlike carefree days.

Had the incredible luck of picking up a bottle of this one and it arrived in the mail today. Seller said others had shown interest but backed out - their loss - my win :neener:

It makes me think - immidiately - of the Pratchett-book "Carpe Jugulum" where it is mentioned that Phoenixes don't know what they are supposed to look like, and so tend to look like whatever birds they grow up among.

To quote from book, for those curious:

"'It was born among hawks, so it looks like a hawk. If it was hatched in a hen roost it'd be a chicken. Stands to reason. And a hawk it'll remain, until it needs to be a phoenix. They're shy birds. You could say a phoenix is what it may become...' "

Well, this is a Phoenix grown up among Flamingoes and those Galah-birds.

It is also Very much a scent-memory for me; when I was little, there used to be a folk-dance event near my hometown, and my...ah, curse lacking vocabulary...grandfathers brothers wife used to work there with showing how candy was made in the Olden days. This smells Exactly like the huge lump of sugar and flavours she would braid and hook and pull over a big metal spike - it's like Raw candy.

Sadly, while it starts out like a really intense Rain of pink glitter all around me, it fades really fast on me, in about an hour, so this one will not see much use, because I will treasure it and use it only when it is Special occasions. Unless I can find more bottles.

Got one and don't like it? Do let me know - maybe we can swap or I can buy it or similar :wub2:

Edit: Found that if I put it in my hair it lasts longer - please, please, please, get me more o.O

Edited by Asinya

Sniffed: Sweet, and honeyed. Faint vanilla and fruit, and honey.

On skin: Honey is one of my death notes, and what's worse, it dominates any blend it's in. Thankfully, in Pink Phoenix it blends with the other notes and behaves better than usual. I can smell a bit of vanilla, a bit of sweet pea, and a bit of fruit... and underneath everything is sticky honey that threatens to go rancid but doesn't quite get there (whew!). A thickly cloying, sweet scent, with an upbeat and bouncy vibe. The honey continues to recede over time, revealing more sweet fruit, but it never fades completely. Colour impression is a mixture of honey-gold and pink.

Verdict: Fancy that: a honey blend that behaves itself and doesn't go sickly! Even so, I'm always wary of honey, and it casts a spectre over the rest of Pink Phoenix so that I can't completely enjoy the scent. Guess it's to the swap box.

My first really old bottle!

ITB-Sweetness, bright fresh, but not overly sticky sweetness.

Wet- I'm mostly getting something similar to cotton candy, with something green underneath.

Dry- Not as sweet as before, but still. I can pick out honey sweetening everything, with some pear and strawberry smoothed by vanilla with a hint of greenness from the sweet pea....and cinnamon??? What are you doing here? :lol: Yeah, getting something lightly spicy layered in among the sweet.

Later- Same notes, but with a more floral quality than foodie now, with the sweet pea up front to the other components. Weird cinnamon-like note is still there, but I think it's a wonderful counterpoint to the overall sweetness. :wub2:

It's a flirty kind of pink. And very strong, at least initially! Only lasts an hour or two before settling close to the skin as a strawberry powder. And while I don't wear pinks or whites, it's lovely to smell pink! Yup, this is a good summer closer, and will probably be nice for winter days when I'm missing the sun.

This one is very sweet, unfortunately almost plasticky so. :(

I get a lot of the honeycomb, sugared pear and sweet pea (I LOVE sweet pea!). It is indeed a very "pink" scent and it would be good to wear on a day when you want to have some fun and silliness in your life.

It is pleasant enough, but it IS verging on the edge of being plasticky, so I probably won't be wearing it too much.

Pink Phoenix

I've had this scent since 2005 but I don't seem to have ever reviewed it....

This blend is definitely silly and pink.

it's a perfect sugared pear and strawberry scent - just lovely!

it's also quite sweet, which is probably the honeycomb.

I love this one so much that I bought plenty of backups recently :D

now I can wear my original more often :D

In the imp: Honey and a very sweet flower, must be the sweet pea right? Didn't know that sweet pea smelled SO strong. The next sniff is even more flowery but with bubblegum instead of honey.

On: Very sugary and sweet. I can't pick out any specific notes right now actually thanks to the overload of sweetness. After a few minutes I think the sweet pea is trying to break through, backed up by what smells like strawberry bubblegum, but it's still a nice, sweet mess.

The longer Pink Phoenix sits on me, the more bubblegum I get. It's a fresh stick of bright pink, strawberry bubblegum still covered with confectioner's sugar to not be sticky.

It stays like that on me for two hours before it changes to its final stage which is lovely vanilla and strawberry cream. I would say that if you are looking for a nice bubblegum-scent, go for this one. It smells just like the real deal and the creamy final stage is also very nice! I'm not a fan of flowers so I'm happy the sweet pea didn't stick around. A little bummed about the lack of pear, but it still works out for me. If it weren't for the first overly sweet mess I would try to hunt down a bottle, but I can live with only having this decant.

Edited to say that I apparently got a bit of this on my fingers and accidentally touched my mouth...And..it tastes like it smells, with a very soapy undertone. I however DO NOT RECOMMEND trying to eat this, it was just a little happy accident!

Edited by Missy_killer

Wet: Fluffy Pink Candy with berry undertones. Smells absolutely edible.

Dry (after a few hours): Pink sugar with berry and a hint of vanilla incense.

This is my happy place.

:wub2:

i guess i've had this for, what, a dozen years or so and just never posted a review? my bottle is going to a better home, so it is probably time.

i love the Money House air freshener scent. and incense. that purple smell. in high school i probably reeked of it, but i loved it, so whatevs. still love it, but my husband doesn't.

i also love fake-strawberry smell. and flavour.

so, back in the day, i'd often have strawberry incense one day and Money House another. one time a friend gave me a Strawberry Money House pack of incense... and it rocked my world. and on my skin, that's what this smells like. pink and purple, incense.

and i love it.

if it was a GC i'd probably wear it a lot of the time. but it isn't.

and this is also one of those scent memories for me that, because it reminds me of one particular weekend, with someone who's no longer with us, half the time it makes me smile and half the time it makes me wanna cry. sometimes both, simultaneously. so that's probably not the best thing.

i think i've got a sniffie of this somewhere, and if not maybe i'll be able to get hold of one sometime in the future, as a memory of a weekend in 1994, trapped in a wee little vial.

not especially related, except as part of that memory, but i heard the other day that they're bringing back Zima in a limited release...

Wet: Candied pear! Yis yis yis.

Dry: Strawberry and pear hard candy. The throw is weak on this, but for me, it's so yummy it's worth slathering. ;)

Edited by donkehpoo

In the bottle: Super, super sweet. The honeycomb and pear stand out to me the most, but the sweet pea is there, too.

Wet: Honeycomb, vanilla bean, pear, some strawberry, and some sweet pea. The strawberry is much stronger on me than it was in the bottle, so I hope it calms down.

Dry: It never stops being sickeningly sweet on me, and after a while, the strawberry has taken on a plastic-y vibe on my skin, making this smell like a super sweet, fruity kid's lip gloss.

Verdict: I was hoping this would be mostly sweet pea sweetened with the vanilla bean and honeycomb, but this is far too sweet for me, and the strawberry didn't play nicely on my skin. I'm glad I got to try it, but I'll stick with Serving Fish for my sugared sweet pea scent.

Yay, finally having a go at this one! 
Strong bright vanilla and honey at the forefront with this one on me- sweet pea is the background in this, and the pear and strawberry barely there, though i can pick them out.
It's fuzzy, almost fizzy. A very realistic very sweet, goopy, gushy peach-coloured scent!