Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Pink Phoenix

Silliness in the extreme. Vanilla bean, honeycomb, sugared pear, sweet pea and a dribble of strawberry.

Am I really the first to review this? Skeeeery. :P

I can't find the original description for this, although if I remember correctly, it did say something about this scent being "pure silliness". Right on the money, and absolutely gorgeous. (EDIT: I found it for ya. :D --Shollin)

In the bottle, this has the warm, sweet smell of a yummy jar of good candy. Something strongly fruit flavored, but there's definitely plenty of sugar in there, too.. and maybe a little bit of bubblegum. Now that said, I don't find it the least bit sickly-sweet which is very surprising.

On my skin, this is probably the strongest BPAL I've ever tried and liked, and may even be my absolute favorite. The fruity-candy smell has warmed up, mellowed out and now I can definitely smell an underlying floral there. I have to say that the name is really apt because this smells *pink*. I've never been a fan of pink before now, but this really, really works. I'll definitely have to get my hands on more of this. Edited by Shollin

I want to say that I did not think this oil was a "me" scent but at Bpal tonight I sniffed it and then put some on and became addicted and had to buy some :P It is very similar to Pink Sugar---lots of sugary and sweet on the top but grounded by the deeper notes and the black currant perhaps?

Very very nice stuff and certainly more than silly :D

Edited by lavinia

When I opened the bottle I smelled fruit punch concentrate. I've been wearing this all morning though and get fruit candy goodness and after drydown the pretty florals are there as well.

"Pretty" is a perfect adjective for this.

Pink Phoenix - In the bottle this is a very sweet scent. I can really smell the strawberry and vanilla. The honey comb, sweet pea and pear take a bit of a back seat but add to the overall sweetness.

On me, it starts out pretty sweet, but then a ways through it morphs on me. I almost smell chocolate (I know, my skin is weird). It's the honeycomb making itself known and taking over. Unfortunately, this is what I was afraid of. Honey and I do not get along but I wanted to give it a shot because, after all, it is an anniversary scent! I have a tendency to amp honey big time, but not always in a good way. As it wears on, it becomes almost musky on me, but there are still remnants of sweetness underneath. I don't really get any florals, just musky chocolate honey, and a touch of sugary sweetness.

I'm going to give it some time and try it again in a few weeks, see if something is different. It's a really happy, cheery scent in the bottle, if only it stayed that way on me. Fingers crossed...

Sniffed at will call:

This one is pink sugar wonderfulness in the bottle. On my skin it starts to remind me of Pink Moon. Its that same lovely blend of perfect sweet. Sadly on it started to turn on me :P it ends up getting too sweet and getting sadly way out of line. I am still bummed cause I loved the idea of this one and in the bottle its so beautiful!!

Pink Phoenix, with my chemistry, is a wad of fresh, soft bubblegum, dropped into a bag of sparkling sugar, yoinked out, chewed a bit, and then dipped in a light strawberry syrup.

It is the bastard love child of Pink Moon and Aunt Caroline’s Joy Mojo; pink, fluffy, and candy-coated.

In the bottle the honeysuckle is played up nicely, but sadly, my skin all but devours the scent. It last in its primary sugared phase a sum total of three minutes before being consumed wholly.

Into the drydown it goes the way of a plastic, scented eraser, which, if I’m not mistaken, is that sugared dollop of strawberry bubblegum turning. (Strawberry Moon does the same thing with my chemistry. I’m making a leaping assumption that they share something similar, through S.M. is tart, by comparison.)

My assessment, being a lover of both Pink Moon and Aunt Carolyn, I am not letting Pink Phoenix stray so easily. The little sugared bugger is going to work with some serious amperage in a locket.

It’s made me giddy and stupid, how can this not be good?

Throw is average, I should add. Though I do find it fades fairly quickly on the skin.

5/5

Let's see...

If O was sex in a hayloft, then Pink Phoenix is sex in a mound of cotton candy.

Same albumin-honey notes when wet, becoming progressively sweeter and fruitier. I like the way it dries down to a near-incense floral/honey on me.

Reminded me more of Beaver Moon on first sniff from the bottle.

But it is a very pretty, very PINK scent. Definitely sugary but not overboard.

The drydown reminds me of a very soft, pink strawberry vanilla sundae. It's sweet and lovely!

Am i allowed to be totally sad that this one didn't work on me at all? I actually smelled it on lavinia and it seemed delish...but tried it on the other night and wahhhhhh, on me it turned into cough syrup/melted barbie doll head....the strawberry/honey combo I suspect is the culprit as it really became overly sweet almost cherryish to my nose....

Now mind you, my chemistry also turns beauties like snow white to plastic and the way this one smells and from the reviews, i definately think it is one that will be a love or hate it scent with the lovers ruling the majority!

I'm happy for y'all and sad for me....though I have my red phoenix, and my snow bunny, and my pumpkins, and trick or treat, and, and...well, you get the picture.

I'm happy because on me, the sweet pea is the strongest note, and other sweet pea scents havn't worked on me. It is very much like Pink Moon, but bolder and more up-front.

It is very sweet and very lush, and I love it. I'm more likely to wear Pink Phoenix in the summer though; I'm thinking pink shorts and white vest and lemonade in the park!

In the bottle: Sugary, candied pears.

Wet: It's fruity and fermented. Three different notes fight for prominence: heady honey, ketone-rich pear, and watery sweet-pea. The combined effect is dizzying, like alcoholic cotton candy. The vanilla doesn't make an big appearance here, but the strawberry keeps popping up now and again through the melee until it's the only note remaining at the end. Strawberry wins the fight! A light, sweet, totally crazy scent.

A very short note - I never do reviews!

This will probably only resonate with the Brit contingent, I'm not sure if you guys get these over the water but... Cherry Tunes!!!

In the bottle: Gorgeous, caramelized pear, with vanilla, honey and strawberry. I love that smell, it's pretty and happy, without being too young.

Wet, on skin: Not as gorgeous, starts smelling like plastic.

Dry: It smells exactly like the strawberry plastic doll I had as a kid. It came with some kind of perfume, and you had to pour it in a crown it had on its head, which made it smell like plastic and strawberry candy. It's not something I want to smell like. It's sad because it smelled so perfect in the bottle... :P

Sadly, it goes wonky on my skin. I'll try to put it in a scent locket and see how that goes.

In the bottle: Sticky pink sweetness rounded out by golden vanilla.

On my skin, wet: Both the sweet pea and strawberry take the stage and duke it out for dominance. It's trying to go powdery and almost alcoholic in a sense, but it's not quite making it.

Dry: Strawberry beats out everything everything else and takes their lunch money. Fortunately, it's not going too powdery.

Later on: The honey is starting to seep to the surface, but not quite enough to push Skin Hog Strawberry out of the spotlight. Usually vanilla amps well on me, but I haven't seen hide nor hair of it the moment PP touched my skin. Right now, PP is alternating between a powdery strawberry and what's trying to be a deep honey.

In the bottle: Sweet, slightly fruity sugar.

On my skin: Where the hell is the sugar? All I get is plastic. No sugar. No fruits. Just plastic.

Drydown: I was taking a gamble with this scent because honey tends to turn any scent to powder on my skin. Now it makes itself known and I get powdery platic.

I don't know what went wrong with this scent and my chemistry but Pink Phoenix is definitely not for me.

Ahhh, another ultra yummy foody one. I love it! Sweet, sugared vanilla layered with pink taffy and strawberry cotton candy. Absolutey like a kid in a candy store! As it dries it morphs into a sticky sweet pink cotton candy, with maybe a hint of creaminess in the background. This is what I had hoped for from Pink Moon. Wonderfully delicious, made for foodies like me. This will defintiely be one of my cherished bottles. Gorgeous :P

Oh god damn! This is spun sugar sex in a bottle. Have died and gone to heaven - if heaven was a sweet smelling orgy. Definately get the sugary note - but warmed sugar. Then a slight, subtle fruity pear - can barely smell the strawberry at all. There is almost a hint of muskyness - which must be how my nose is reading the honeycomb scent. A deep, rich, fresh honeycomb - none of that pansy honey that comes in a bear.

ETA: ok after wearing it for a few hours this scent has mellowed out to become a dead ringer for Aquilina's Pink Sugar. The vanilla really comes out to play with the spun sugar and the fruits fade into the backgroud. Awesome.

Rating (out of 5)

4+

Edited by Tramp

Fruit and sugar sounds so like me (and I love BPAL's pear note), but the floral is coming out kind of perfume-y on me. I'll have to wait until it dries down a bit more to see, but I may need to use this one as a room scent rather than on my skin. I'm a sucker for the foody-candy scents, though, so I hope the flowers die down a bit.

pinkphoenix.jpg

My favorite of the three phoenixes and it's exactly what I wanted Pink Moon to be and is in some ways. I love this piles of sugar, strawberry, a bit of bubblegum, candy, a villainous vanilla darting around in the background and nothing...I mean nothing serious or po-faced about this one. It came for the fun and it is out of this world great on me. I think I smell the pear when it's half way dry, but only if you put your nose down on it directly.

Pink Phoenix has tremendous throw on me and it lasts a fairly long time. So, I think I will put it in a scent locket as well as slathering it on. I thoroughly am enjoying this scent and I am so happy I got lots of it because it isn't coming around again. Thank you Beth for Pink Phoenix, it is just what I needed.

This is definitely a sweet blend. I wore it over sweet pea body cream so that is the note I pick out the most, but in the bottle it was more vanilla. So perhaps this would have a different dominant note if I changed what cream I'm using.

I don't get much strawberry, thankfully, as pink moon did not work on me at all. There is a little bit of the plastic note that I get when I wear predominantly fruit blends, but not enough to turn me off to this.

It smells very candy-like. At first, like a pink SweetTart. That might have to do with the sugared pear. I'm not sure. I just know that I like it. It's a very happy, uplifting blend.

ADDED 2/3/07:

In the bottle and on my skin when I first applied this, it smelled remarkably similar to Pink Moon, which I wore yesterday. Now that it's dry, it's more vanilla sugar... very sweet and gritty smelling. There's also something that's turning to freshly juiced carrots and I have no idea what that is or why that's what comes to mind, but there it is. :P

At first Pink Phoenix is all bubblegum for me. It is a little frightening, actually.

Then, like a phoenix rising from the ashes, the other notes start coming out and it takes on more depth and I can smell the fruit. I'm not entirely sure what sweet pea smells like, but I'm guessing it is part of what I'm smelling.

This is a very sweet, fun girly blend. Not something I would wear every day, but definitely something I will wear and enjoy and that will make me smile.

Heh. Seems like the last 3 oils I've reviewed have been strawberry!

In the bottle, I get glorious honey notes with sweet fruits. Slightly floral, but they seem to be all sweet top note florals.

On the skin, it's mostly sugar + strawberry. It's stayed this way all day without much perceptable change. The honey seems to have disappeared. It's mostly strawberry candy/gum. There may be a slight vanilla-ish tinge to it, but honestly, my skin amps up sweet fruits like WHOA, so it's hard to really pick anything else out.

Sweet and cute and very fun. =)

I love sweet blends and I knew this would be a hit with me. I love this. It wears very softly on me and I think I'll like it much better in warmer weather. As in Red Phoenix, I cannot really pick out a particular note in this, as it is well blended. It is definitely a PINK girlie scent. I wouldn't necessarily call it silly, but it reminds me of Pink Moon without the florals. I think this will be perfect in the warm weather and Red Phoenix is perfect in the cooler weather. Glad I bought multiples of this one!

Being that I absolutely love vanilla bean, I knew I would love Pink Phoenix. I'm glad that the Lab didn't let me down. The strawberry isn't as sickly sweet as Strawberry Moon, and the sweet pea gave this what I call a "cute" scent that do associate with silliness. The vanilla, honey, and strawberry mix so well. Very yummy. :P

In the bottle: Kinda reminds me of a combination of Pink Moon and Strawberry Moon. Strong, sweet strawberry smell.

Wet, on my skin: Teeth-achingly sweet! Sugared strawberries mixed with honey and vanilla.

On drydown: The strawberry fades back, but it is still SUPER sweet and what I get now is a sweet, fruity floral with LOTS of honey. I like sweet stuff, but this is too sweet and girly for me.

Thank goodness I found someone who loves Pink Phoenix as much as I love Red Phoenix and is willing to swap! :P