Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with cocoa, hazelnut and walnut.

I wonder about my nose sometimes. I didn't even get the chocolate note in the imp I have. It's pumpkin and something else I just can't place, but definitely no chocolate to me.

On my skin, there's a sudden surge of buttery pumpkinness, then it quickly calms down into a dark baking chocolatey, nutty pumpkin scent that makes me think of Thanksgiving dinner preparations and makes me feel very happy. :P

I keep getting gentle wafts of baking chocolate, warm nuts, pumpkin -- this is lovely!

In the vial:

Mmm cocoa!

On me:

Right away, this is exactly what I expected. It's a very traditional Autumn smell in my opinion - the kind of smell I traditionally associate with that time of year. It makes me think of cocoa, pumpkin pie and candles. My Mom has always been keen on having candles for every time of year (gee I wonder where I get it from lol) and in Autumn, she always puts out candles that are typically foody and generally a lot of cinnamon, pumpkin and nutty scents make their way through our home.

So in a sense, this is rather tied to memories for me. I think for that reason mostly I like this blend. The pumpkin isn't TOO buttery, in fact, it's a little "fruitier" than normal in this one. The cocoa isn't too sweet, the hazelnut isn't going crazy on me. It's very nice, it all melds very well.

I have to say that it makes me think SO much of Yankee Candle Company candles lol.

Final note:

I'm glad I overlooked my usual fear of nut notes to give this one a try. The hazelnut and walnut are remarkably subtle in this and the end result is something very pleasant and enjoyable. Definitely something I'd want to wear in the Fall.

I am sort of torn on getting a bottle because part of me thinks that my bottle of Pumpkin Queen is probably close enough to this, and another part of me thinks that this is different enough to warrant a bottle haha.

Okay, I get the pumpkin in this one, peeking out from behind the cocoa (which is very much the strongest note on me). And that is where I'm pleasantly surprised by this blend, in that it's clearly not chocolate, but cocoa powder. Dry, kind of dusty, and with a sweetness that you have to wait for.

Very very nice, and not at all what I was expecting.

Imp: Pumpkin, sweet, slightest tinge of cocoa.

Wet: Wow, this is really pretty. It's the sweet pumpkin in Jack and Punkie Night that I love so much, with the same kind of peach/cider feel. The cocoa is different than the lab's usual chocolate, which tends to smell "off" to me. Bliss just a candy bar that'd been left out in the sun. But the cocoa in PP2 is dry, powdered; the good stuff with which you should make hot chocolate.

Dry: The nuts come out on the drydown and blend perfectly with the cocoa. It's like brownie mix on my wrist. It's not a warm scent like most autumn blends, but it's happily comforting.

This is a yummy buttery smell! Like P.Patch #1 I can't really smell the pumpkin...I think it's just the creamy smell. But the hazelnut blends really well with the cocoa and make a yummy fall scent! I think my little sister will like this one more than me though.

I was sure I wouldn't like this one, as I smell strong hazelnut in the imp, and that's a note I don't like on my skin.

But it goes right to the background when it hits my skin, and that delicious, spicy pumpkin works its magic! The cocoa is subdued, and partners the rich pumpkin beautifully. As it dries, the cocoa gets a little more dominant, and the pumpkin fades.

Not my favourite of the pumpkins I've tried, but it's still delicious! :P

In the imp: Hazelnut (or is it walnut?) and pumpkin!

On Skin: Buttery pumpkin, hint of hazelnut. No cocoa in sight.

On Drydown: Pumpkin and butter! Why, hello there Jack!

Verdict: No cocoa. A disappointment. In any case, this is slightly different than Jack with the nuts in it. Nutty Jack! Wow... that sounds like it could be a beer name. :P

Mmmm... Pumkin Patch 2....

Bottle: Pumpkin! This is a bit scary in its pumpkin power.

Wet: Pumpkin and cocoa -- very warm and tasty. Which is weird, because I do not like to eat pumpkin, but in this blend it is wonderful.

Dry: Pumpkin calms down and cocoa grows stronger, and wow, nuts! Warm caramelized nuts with chocolate and just a hint of pumpkin. This is by far my favorite of all pumpkin blends... for now, at least.

2005 version

Short review: positively edible!

In depth: Wow. Just smells delicious. Bitter cocoa, nuts, and the warm buttery pumpkin note. Wafts too, and it's as if there is a touch of spice and liquer. Not sure that I will wear this as a personal fragrance alot, but I definately like the smell :D :P

If this were a dessert with those ingredients, I'd be in love. In bottle: Nothing special. Almost fruity. I can smell the cocoa though. Wet: Sweet. A little chocolatey. Give it a few minutes and the nuts come out, which underlines the chocolate quite nicely. I'm not picking up much pumpkin, but I do smell like a bonbon. Dry: Vaguely pumpkin, woth the other notes tamped down to about the same level..

VERY yummy! A perfect blend of cocoa and pumpkin, although I can't imagine eating the two flavors together, wearing them I can do!!

Super smooth and not to overpowering on me. Soooo happy I invested in a bottle!

Yum!

I get a sense of nuttiness paired with spices, cinnamon and (if I concentrate) the chocolate. It comes across as nutty, spicy, sweetness on first application and seems to last a while (5+ hours). I'm so glad I got a partial bottle of this, sight unsmelled. I'm really liking it.

The pumpkin isn't very strong here. It's competing with a lot of other heady scents. Works for me!

Wet this is scrumptious nutty cocoa pumpkin. It gets slightly richer as it dries. Very different than any other pumpkin scent I have ever tried. Now the pumpkin is almost taking a back seat! Strange. It smells like something I have smelled or experienced before but I can't place it...maybe it isn't as much a scent that I smelled but when I smell this it takes me back to when I was around 8 years old. Not sure why. There is a note in this scent that is familiar but I just can't place it...it's almost perfumey. This is a well blended fragrance. I gotta figure out what that familiar note is...

The cocoa is so bitter it's almost not recognizable (but not unpleasant - just not sweet chocolate). The pumpkin is mild and way in the background and I get lots of almost smoked nutty goodness.

2005 version

In vial: nutty and earthy pumpkin - no cocoa.

Wet on skin: rich, a little powdery, somewhat like hazelnut flavoured hot chocolate. The walnut is distinct too - the first scent I've tried with walnut in.

Dry on skin: this one is yummy too. A lovely nutty blend, in which chocolate plays only a very minor role. The level of sweetness is perfect, and again, pumpkin grounds it nicely. It's very subtle and pleasant, but not spectacular. Very short wear length, but still faintly detectable close to the skin next day.

Edited by Lyrical

Another creamy, spicy buttery pumpkin with nuts.

There is the smallest hint of cocoa which adds the foody nature of this blend,and gives it the slightest of sweetness. But mainly this is pure pumpkin with a touch of nuts.

in the imp: pumpkin, pumpkin spice, then chocolate

wet: wow this is a lot better than i thought that pumpkin and chocolate would be. and i'm glad i didn't read the notes first because i probably would run screaming. it smells like a really good pumpkin desert. the pumpkin hits first and then a large dose of the chocolate.

dry: this is a really really REALLY good pumpkin chocolate chip cookie, the ones like my dad used to make when his garden exploded. the nut is much more prominent dry than wet.

This is cocoa, not chocolate. It has a powdery edge. The pumpkin gives and earthy sweetness with a hint of butteriness. I get a bit of nuttiness. Pumpkin is front and center. The cocoa and nuttiness come and go. it gets more buttery as it dries. On me, pumpkin turns to pure buttery spicey earthiness.

Edited by BuxomM

I got a decant of Pumpkin Patch 2 from 06,and it is beautiful. The pumpkin almost smells like dried seeds, which makes the nutty chocolate warm and rich. This is a cozy and wonderful scent! Far too often, the lab's pumpkin note goes to artificial butter on me, but I'm getting none of that, just a yummy baked sweetness.

Sniff in bottle: Mmmm....yummy pumpkin with cocoa. A hair spicy, but lovely!

On Skin: Cocoa fades pretty fast, along with any trace of pumpkin. The nuts come out and they are soft...very comforting!

Drydown: Stays the same...medium throw for me. Hoping it would have been more of a cocoa note, but on me, just the nuts are present, which isn't a bad thing, but not on me.

Not sure which year this is, it's not marked.

Wet: The Lab's distinctive pumpkin note is strongest - it always smells a bit "peachy" to me. I'm also picking up the nuts, but not the cocoa. Oh wait, maybe a bit of the cocoa comes through. It's nice, but the pumpkin note doesn't do much for me, it never seems to mesh well with my skin chemistry.

Dry: The same, not a morpher on me. It's pleasant, but not something I would wear. It was frimped to me, so I will frimp it to the next person! Always glad to have gotten to try something I otherwise wouldn't have!