Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Pumpkin with cocoa, hazelnut and walnut.

In the imp -
Pumpkin with a slightly nutty background, and an oily sweetness which is the cocoa, I think.

Wet on the skin -
Still quite pumpkinny, and in fact fruity, a bit like PP1. It's sort of like the shell of the nut, rather than the nut itself. A bit spicy. Here comes the cocoa! - a rich cocoa scent, like dark, melted chocolate.

Dry -
This reminds me of Green & Blacks Maya Gold chocolate - dark choc with orange and spices. There is definitely something fruity in there. Maybe it's more like chocolate apples. It's a bit warmer than PP1.

Le boyf says -
"Reminds me of toffee. 3 out of 10."

I thought this would be my favourite from the descriptions, but I have to sniff quite hard for the chocolate and in fact this smells like a less nice version of PP1. PP1 is almost definitely my favourite! Edited by Shollin

This is the BPAL cocoa that I adore - not sweet chocolate, but almost like unsweetened cocoa powder - a cocoa bean scent that adds the scent of the chocolate without unbearing sweetness. The pumpkin and the nuts add sweets and flavor and this is a nice, almost savory blend - not at all the candy I was afraid it might be.

A very nice surprise and one of my favorites from the series!

Preconceived notions:

I know I won't like this. I hate the smell of nuts and I really don't want to smell like cocoa, but I'll give it a shot.

First sniff:

Smells like pumpkin brownies! I don't want to smell like them, myself, but I'm impressed all the same. :P

Wet on skin:

More pumpkin and slightly less cocoa. I don't smell the walnut or hazelnut, which is good, but I really don't really want to smell like this Patch member anyway. :D

I actually prefer this to the scent in the bottle, though.

Dry down:

Pumpkin brownies, heavy on the pumpkin. This would make an awesome autumn room scent as long as it was in someone else's house (I'd prefer my house didn't smell like chocolate, thank you).

The bottom line:

I like this more than I'd anticipated, but not enough to keep it. It's going to a loving new home with someone who will give it the love I can't. :D

I get mostly cocoa, with a tiny bit of hazelnut. THe pumpkin is really subtle, and a tiny bit soapy, but nice. It softens almost right away and the soapiness leaves. I think this is the first blend where the chocolate has worked on me

Definately pumpkin brownies!

Oh.

My.

Gosh.

:D Pumpkin love, right here.

I thought that I put up my review of these last month ~ but can't find my posts anywhere... so here I am, reading from my Scent Notebook. :P

This is my very, very VERY favourite of the PP set. It is just a perfect chocolate-y fragrance for me... (Bliss was too cloyingly sweet on me ~ my chemistry tends to really amp chocolate... and not in a good way.)

In the bottle ~ Pumpkin bread with large, gooey chocolate chunks. Mmmmmm... :D

Wet ~ Pure chocolate and then the pumpin starts peeking out, a very bright and cheerful scent. Very crisp smelling... (for lack of better words).

On the drydown ~ the fragrance settles into a lovely blend of cocoa, pumpkin and some other fruit in a clear and distinct undertone. A wonderful fragrance with good throw ~ and the on-the-fence regarding foody scents should find this bottle to be a perfect blend. Not too foody ~ it is just right. (Though, I admit, I LOVE the foody fragrances!)

:D

I love this scent from the Pumpkin Patch.

It is staying with me.

thought it would be more of a pure, raw pumpkin scent but instead i get a spicy pumpkin pie/apple cider vibe (same as jack). very rich, juicy, and buttery. the dry, powdery cocoa balances out the pumpkin somewhat. the walnut and hazelnut are there, but not very strong. as it dries, the pumpkin is still the dominant note.

In the imp: Buttery but dry on top, powdered cocoa and coffee beans. Caramel-chocolate cappucino with pastries baking.

Wet: Rich as all get-out. The cocoa is still there and is joined by a rich nutty smell. Something sweet underneath that I assume is the pumpkin is making this smell like a wonderful cappucino creation.

Dry: Rich and full and very delicious! The pumpkin fades but the buttery undertone still remains, similar to caramel. The cocoa and the hazelnut blend beautifully.

Category: Chocolate/Nut/Gourmand/Winter

Rating: 4.8/5, delicious and flawless

Overall: Great for the holidays, great comforting scent, very delicious. While I wouldn't wear it every day, it is definately worth a wear when wishing for a coffee house scent. Only problem is that since it is a slightly foody scent, I may not wear it very often.

this started out smelling medicinal, chocolatey, and nutty, but the medicinal note went away (yay!) and it's dried in to dark cocoa powder, pumpkin, and hazelnut. sweet and comforting. :P

Edited by angel sixgun

In Bottle: Super sweet pumpkin and nutty

On Skin: This smells just like dessert. The pumkin is sweet, but the cocoa deepens it even further. It smells delicious! The hazlenut and walnut are light but still showing themselves. This smells like pumpkin pie drizzled with chocolate syrup and nuts. Use this as a room scent if you want to fool people you’ve been cooking. Tasty!

In the vial I can smell the chocolate, for certain. Powdered chocolate, like cocoa powder, not smooth or creamy. And something boozy. Not sure what that is.

The scents melded together on my wrists. It was sweet, a little fruity, but I was liking the chocolate scent, actually. Still not a true milk chocolate or anything, but it wasn't bad. Tolerable, at the very least.

But in the end, it went to that same musty, dusty place that a few blends have gone (Spooky and Miskatonic University, notably). If I reapplied, that must would be gone until it dried down again, but that final stage kills it for me. I don't know what it is in particular, but without it, this would have been pretty nice.

I like the cocoa and the pumpkin together, but the nuts go a bit bitter on me. It's also a bit more buttery than I was hoping for. I think I'll swap this one.

In the bottle, I could easily tell this was the blend MIT CHOCOLATE. I have a special chocolate sense, much like a spidey sense, except MORE DELICIOUS.

This stayed true all day and had pretty decent throw. Bonus.

Imagine you are holding a less buttery version of Jack, walking down the street. Coming toward you is someone carrying a vial of Bliss and a jar of Nutella.

WHAM. You smack right into each other!

"you got jack in my bliss & nutella!"

"you got nutella & bliss in my jack!"

it really is two great tastessmells that tastesmell great together. i am very tempted to bake a nutella pumpkin pie.

PP#2 doesn't smell quite *that* sweet or foody, but it's really rich and a nice, comforting smell, especially if you have PMS and you want to knock over little kids and steal their chocolate. not that i'd know anything about that. :P

Got an imp of this today in a package of imps from a swap - my benefactor was far too generous to me. <3

In the bottle: Chocolatey cocoa-y, but with a heavy nut scent. Where's the pumpkin?

Wet on skin: Hazelnut chocolate. .. There's the pumpkin! Buttery, chocolatey, pumpkin-y, with that heavy nut scent scaling back a bit, much to my relief.

Dry on skin: Pumpkin, chocolate, hazelnut - nutmeg? Getting sweet and oddly delicate, almost vegetative.

Over time: Pumpkin, sweet and spicy. A little dash of sweet cocoa, a little more hazelnut than cocoa. This is an incredibly familiar smell upon drying down: House of the Crafty Mouse around Halloween. Whatever potpourri or scent or combination of scents they used, Pumpkin Patch #2 is so close to it that I'm getting powerful memory triggers.

Overall: I was reluctant to put this on my skin, given how strongly it smelled of nuts, but it's not so bad upon application. It doesn't make me smell too much like food. Still, it's not something I'm going to be wearing on a regular basis, maybe not at all. I might hang on to it for use next year around Halloween.

Kiena kindly decanted an imp of this for me at a Meet & Sniff.

The overall impression this gives is a quirky autumn bounty -- rich, sweet and foody, but unusual enough to be interesting. The cocoa itself isn't too sweet, just adds to the earthiness along with the nuts. It's like a creative, nourishing dessert made with seasonal ingredients. I find it very comforting worn on its own.

This one is also great for layering. I like it with violet to cut the sweetness a bit, or with citrus to give it brightness.

In The Bottle wonderful rich chocolate and hazlenut, buttery and yummy!! I don't even have to open the bottle to be able to smell it!!

Wet On My Skin More nutty, can't even smell the pumpkin, still very rich and buttery.

Dry Bahhh! It went all icky! :P Smells like slightly spicey nutty wet cardboard. Ick. Very stale and musty, sickly sweet. Not nice. Apparently this one just isn't for me, which is tragic since it smells so wonderful in the bottle.

Upon application I get a buttery chocolate scent. It's more along the lines of Vice than Velvet to me, but still not that. The chocolate really comes out after a few minutes, but somehow the pumpkin goes a little sharp. I don't feel that that blends very well with the creamy chocolate scent. However, after a bit, both the chocolate and pumpkin mellow down (though they're still there) and the nutty smell comes through. I can't say I've ever sniffed a walnut, but I do recognize hazelnut. At this stage, it's quite nice. Yummy. However, that's the thing--I don't want to smell like food, and I can't justify using a LE imp as a room scent. So yeah, swapping it.

At first sniff, there was love. Thick, dark, chocolate pumpkin cheesecake in a bottle, can I just eat it???

On skin, the pumpkin faded to near-nothingness at first, the cocoa and hazelnut completely took over - this is not a bad thing, but I kinda miss the pumpkin..

Later, after drydown - bliss. Pumpkin is back, the cocoa softened down to just a whisper, and we're back to the cheesecake again. YUM.

Got this from wolfgrrl/roostersgrrl. Thank you! Opened the imp and was overtaken by a massive scent orgasm. PP2 is a thing of beauty.

I tried it on later in the evening, a little bit before bed. The pumpkin note died fairly quickly, which is both good and bad. I wish it would fade, but not entirely die. Like Kitara Rayne said, it came back a little later, so all was not lost. I luvs me some pumpkin!

The cocoa, hazelnut, and walnut were spectacularly good. Warm, decadent, and soothing to my soul, I could NOT stop smelling my wrists!

I woke up in the middle of the night, several hours after drifting off, took a sniff of my wrists and drifted back into hazelnut heaven.

It was still there after I finally got out of bed 13 hours or so after I initially put it on. (um... I was catching up on sleep. Yeah.) Definitely a long-lasting scent on me.

I've tried all but PP1 and this one is my absolute favourite. So Very Amazing. I am muchly tempted to track down a 5ml of it.

First sniff: Mmmmmmmmmcocoa. With pumpkin underneath.

Wearing: Just cocoa pumpkin yumminess. As it dries, there’s a lovely woody-nutty undertone.

On me, wet: Oh, pumpkin and ginger and nuttiness and not-too-cloying sweet foodiness. I smell very slightly like newly-baked cookies of some sort.

On me, dry: I smell like chocolate-chip oatmeal and ginger cookies - I have no idea why this is so gingery to me, but it is. This dries down to smell not unlike a spice-scented candle - there's a sort of oiliness to the smell that I associate with that, I guess.

Verdict: I like it, but My SO finds it completely repulsive (he doesn't know why, since he likes all the descibed notes individually). I don't like it enough to want to keep it despite his reaction. Alas.

In the bottle - Gingernut Biscuits.

Wet on me - Buttery, slightly sloapy ginger, ver odd.

Dry on me - It gradually becomes more chocolatey, whilst retaining a gingery spiciness, the pumpkin seemd to be less present than in the other Pumpkin Patches

The pumpkin is creamy and wonderful and smooth, but the cocoa makes it a little bit bitter on my skin. I'm also getting a slight gingerbread scent.

I mainly like the smooth butteriness of the pumpkin, so usually I wear some of the other PPs (especially #4 :P ).

I think I may be one of the few people who does not like this combo.

I found it to be overpowering, and a little too sweet for my tastes.

The cocoa and pumpkin combo...I just didn't like it, and on my skin I thought that it smelled very synthetic and reminded me of a smell I had on my hands once after I had handled a candle that was meant to be pumpkin cookies.

Oh well!

Can't win them all.

Wow. In the vial, that's the only thing I kept thinking every time I smell it. Wow. It's like Jack, but with added nuts, with only a touch of cocoa. It's an amazing scent, powerful and strong and, well, wow!!

On my skin it changes, smooths down somewhat and gets more and more soft as time goes by. Completely different by the end of the day than the smell from the vial! The spicy, slightly sweet smell (sort of like pumpkin/sweetened condensed milk with spices) come through more and more while the other notes fade into the background.

One of my friends didn't like the scent in the bottle, but thought it was a good smell on my skin. Whatever it is, it's certainly powerful and it's quite nice. Not really foody, but nice none the less.

Pumpkin Patch #2 - I am not sure why I tried this because I don’t generally like pumpkin. And I don’t normally like wearing cocoa/chocolate scents. And hazelnut is usually a giant no-no. However, I was incredibly and pleasantly surprised by PP#2. It’s not nearly as foody as I thought it would be. In fact, the walnut lends this blend a note that’s slightly boozy, and very surprising. It’s a gorgeous foody scent! While it’s still not something I’d wear often, I plan to hang on to this and wear it again in this year’s Autumn months (assuming it doesn’t go bad as it ages). I really can’t get over how much I like this, especially when I consider how much I thought I’d hate it. Kudos to Beth on another truly spectacular blend!