Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Ace of Hearts

Soul sister of the Ace of Cups in the tarot, this is the Primordial energy of Water: the Heart, emotional release and receptivity, intuition, fertility, and the forces of love, beauty, pleasure and happiness. Purest white lotus, white rose, rain orchid, rose gardenia, freesia, and Bulgarian rose.

Wet, this smells like grapes to me. As this dries, though it turns into a lovely, sweet floral. This is an adorable, GIRLY smell on me. Like, it makes me want to put ribbons in my hair and play with long-haired kittens. I've been really impressed with all the forum blends. I'm not sure that this is quite me, however, I'm going to have to test it another time or two.

ace of hearts

at first: light, white, and floral.

on: sweet lotus and roses.

1 hours later: very light. not quite as sweet. still very, very white.

5 hours later: powdery and a bit soapy. soft.

overall: this is...ok, but i have other rose and lotus scents that i like more.

Straight from the bottle, Ace of Hearts is sharp, potent white florals. The lotus and orchid stand out most predominantly.

The blend explodes with a range of fresh blossom-y scents after I’ve added it to my skin. The rose notes are rather vague, unfortunately, lost behind the rather loud components fighting for the foreground.

True to its description, this is an overtly feminine, fertile, beautiful scent. It’s a summer hothouse or wild, exotic garden. Additionally, there is a wetness to Ace of Hearts, like petals covered in morning dew yet still fragrant and heady. I'm pleased to say that none of them are turning soapy on me, though.

This might be a scent to try on a friend or loved-one who’s more traditionally inclined when it comes to perfume blends. And it’s definitely a must-smell for anyone who’s a fan of rich florals. Sadly, I don’t fall into that category and this isn’t wearable for me. It’s lovely, though. And I can sniff it for ages without having my allergies (which are very flower-sensitive) make even the slightest twinge of discomfort. I’m thrilled I had a chance to try it, but will be sending it on to a new home.

White floral. It's very nice, but I don't think it is me. Twenty minutes into my test, it completely disappeared for a period. I mean, my nose was saying, oh, you're smelling something, because it's tingly, but seriously, it smelled like air. It just smells too "mature older woman floral" to me. Totally strange. I'm so glad I tried this one before making my final decision.. I was going to keep this, and toss Queen of Clubs, but I've changed my mind, I think.

Bottle (Imp): This smells smooth and a tiny bit sweet.

Just On: Quite smooth with just a hint of sweetness.

An hour or two later: Smooth.

Around 6 hours: It's still smooth, but nearly gone.

12 hours: Well, it is onto to someone else's hand, so to speak, as it's no longer on me.

Overall: I love so many scents that I have NO clue of the ingredients, and this is another one of those. I like it though, it's very smooth with that hint of sweet that I tend to like a lot.

After reading other reviews: One with flowers that work. That's nice. ALl in all, I'm rather neutral about it, but it's gorgeous in general. Just not my type for some reason.

Ace of Hearts

In the imp: sweet, honeyed florals. Probably rose, freesia and orchid.

Wet on skin: oh wow, a really heady floral. Rose and orchid! It's got a fresh, tart, moist aspect-apt for it's water associations.

Dry on skin: this is lovely! It smells a bit like lily, which is unusual, but nice because I love lilies. The rose in here is tangy and tart, and the scent overall has a fresh feel, like a huge bouquet from the florists. This is heady and uber-floral, not that I mind, since I love floral scents, but also smells freshly picked and dew covered.

After a while: the rose now smells very deep and heady, brings to mind the image of velvety red petals. I think the freesia and orchid are dancing on top of the rose, but I can't smell the lotus yet. I love the way I can pick out the individual flowers here though.

After about half an hour, it suddenly softens and fades a bit...I'm worried this might mean it fades very fast on me! But the scent is now less heady and is softer and more delicate. It now smells like more exotic blooms-probably the orchid and gardenia.

Verdict: this scent reminds me of a book called the Solitaire Mystery, which has a character called the Ace of Hearts-she was the most beautiful of the playing card people, and represented the midsummer sun. This is what she would smell like. This is a heady, feminine bouquet of fresh flowers, but it's got a interesting tartness, almost astringent but not unpleasant at all. The flowers in here smell real, like real flowers from the florists, it's a complex mixture of red pink and white florals, sweet and fresh, tart and tangy, and so lovely.

Edited by yeahbutnobut

Mmm... to me, Ace of Hearts smells like a rosier version of Empyreal Mist. I'm usually quite anti-rose; most rose blends smell cloyingly overpowering and artificial on me, unless the rose notes are present in relatively small amounts.

But this rose is mixed with such interesting other florals, and it stays fresh. Light. Innocent and clean, this is a very pure white scent.

Who do I envision wearing this?

Princess Buttercup from The Princess Bride.

:P

In Bottle: Clean floral.

On Skin: Oh my! This is pretty! It screams floral, but not in a cloying sickly sweet way. These florals are clean and crisp. Dripping with a fresh cut note… this is such elegance! Perfect for a wedding or formal event. It is a “white” scent with sun shining on it, very warm. It screams elegant woman. This is also a strong scent, so I only needed a few dabs.

This bottle makes me think of white blossoms on blue, clear water. It's sweet, almost like candy or sugar but that gets tempered by the water note. It makes me feel light, like my feet aren't quite on the ground.

In the bottle: A soft green and white floral.

First on: A pale floral that is crisp and clean but also soft and feminine.

After a bit: This is very fresh and light, the rose scent is the greener part, when a rose isn't very scented (more like wet petals and freshly cut stems), the freesia, lotus and orchid and very clean, soft and feminine.

For me this is the perfect spring/summer scent. I honestly wouldn't have thought there was so much rose in this, for traditionally I really don't like rose scents.

I'm very glad to have had the chance to swap for this. :P

Wow is this rosey. It smelled that way inb the vial and on me it's Rose++++ Time passes and it dries... into rose. Pink pink roses.

Now, I like rose but usually like it cut with something sweet or spicy.

This grows somewhat powdery on me after a few minutes. It's like a nice rose talc.

This is just wafting around the room for me and smelling really traditionally perfumey. It's causing me and my husband headaches.

It sweetens as time passes and becomes even more girlie / old fashioned but still very rosey.

I think this is a bit cloying for me!

Wet this smells like light florals, rose and fruity. When first on this smells like peach and white flowers. To me it smells similar to Mi-Go but less fruity and more floral and sophisticated. This doesn't change much on me. It is a soft scent and doesn't last very long on me either. This one is very pretty and feminine but for some reason doesn't wow me like some other LE blends do (such as Queen of Clubs for example). I will either swap this or give it to a friend for Christmas. I am glad I got to try this one though.

I hate white florals... they are so perfumey and bitter on me. They make me feel dizzy and my throat feel tight. Ace of Hearts is very much a white floral. It feels almost bubbly or fizzy. A bubbly overdose on flowers. I've had it on for about five minutes and I'm already getting a headache. It makes me cough :P

Half hour later. This has gotten very faint on me, thankfully. It's a light rose scent now. Still causes me to go into a fit of coughing if I put my wrist too close to my nose.

After my 10th coughing fit, I had to wash this off. Ace of Hearts has done an amazing job of reminding me why I don't own any white floral blends, lol.

First Sniff

It reminds me a lot of walking into Victoria's Secret and sniffing all the floral scents at once. Very sweet and girly. The notes I can pick out the most are the rose, the freesia and the orchid.

Wet:

Sticky florally sweet. The rose gardenia overpowers everything else. I'm a bit worried because gardenia and I never mix....unless its the Malice Mizer song.

Drydown:

....sigh. Gardenia and I just don't mix. The florals are overpowernig and giving me a headache. Pity. I wanted to love this :P

Aftermath:

Not for me :D

This is so beautiful. I missed it during the forum-only sale due to dopey newbieness but was able to purchase a bottle from a forumite

I got it for the freesia but even though I don't get any of that at all, I am delighted to have it. It starts slowly and then bursts into a full-bodied rose and orchid scent. The orchid later drops back and the lotus comes forward giving the scent a wet but not fully aquatic feel. The lotus isn't overly sweet and I do not get any "bubblegum". The whole scent is quite subtle and only lasts a few hours.

I don't find it girly at all. It is feminine, but adult. It reminds me of a woman, oh say exactly my own age! :P

I love each and everyone of the notes in this blend, so my expectations were really high. And I was right!

Wet I can smell lotus and freesia with a touch of orchid and a hint of rose that goes a bit stronger when it dries down.

This is a happy, sparkling and beautiful white floral perfume, with throw enough to be noticed but not overwhelming. I love it! Just perfect!

This is one of the prettiest scents that I have ever smelt - it might have gone straight into my top three blends. In the bottle and upon application, it is a lush, almost heady white floral, filled with white roses and orchid and lotus. Upon drydown, it becomes slightly more rosey, but in a beautiful, fresh way. It really does smell like a fresh bunch of flowers. It is so girly and sweet and classically beautiful. I'm in love :P

In bottle: Delightful and sweet, this is a bouquet that is almost candy-like. It is the sweet, almost fruitiness of the lotus and the watery freesia and orchid, mingled with a multitude of roses. It is springtime. If the perfume is in any way true on the skin, than this scent would work perfectly for an article I was reading the other day, which recommends where light, fresh perfumes when you first start a job as to not overwhelm new co-workers.

On me: Oh!...oh!...oh. Oh. No, it does not stay true on the skin. Lotus goes full-blown into the odd faux-musk it likes to pull on my skin, and the bulgarian roses swell out of control.

Wait, it's beginning to mellow after the initial swell. It's now like rose soap with the other notes sweetening the blend - I like it again! I love it again! This certainly is an ace for my heart, and I expect frequent wearings.

Nabbed a decant of this off LJ. Anything with that many floral notes went onto my wish list.

In the bottle: A rush of sweet florals, very rosy, with a cool element behind it all.

Wet: The orchid or lutus, I'm not sure which, emerges for a few minutes, but all the lovely roses are still blooming.

Drydown: Light, sweet, fresh flowers, without being too sweet. Not much throw at all, which is fine for plenty of occasions.

Verdict: I like it a lot. Yet another discontinued scent to haunt the forums for...

BLEGH. SOAP. SOAP SOAP SOAP.

i can't even distinguish any kind of flower, rose, gardenia, anything. but rose and i have a history of baby powder (alice) and gardenia EATS ME ALIVE (highwayman), so.. phew. even in the bottle, all i get is rosey grandma soap. YUCK.

swapping!

In the bottle: Sweet sweet florals, smells similar to a ripe pear

On me: Beautiful... oh my god this is LOVELY! A nice, sweet floral. It's like a rose soaked in other flowers' essential oils. It smells like a boquet of roses, daisies, babies breath and ivy.

Overall: It's such a beautiful blend that I find myself wearing it most days of the week. I bought this off eBay because the price looked good, didn't care if I even liked it because I could pawn it off on my mom if I needed. And, WOW, was I surprised by how gorgeous the scent is on me. Feminine, soft, sweet, watery florals. Nice for lukewarm spring days or crisp fall days or on the porch on a still summer evening. It's great for all occasions.

Edit: BEAUTIFUL to mix with Catherine, the harsh rosemary in Catherine is calmed down a bit.

Edited by PixieSkull

Much love to clover for the well-traveled imp that chased me to Washington. :P

Looking at the notes, I thought I was nuts to want to try this. Lotus, gardenia and TWO roses? Surely I’m in for a nightmare of loudly sweet white florals and even louder powdery rose! But...

First sniff: ...upon smelling, it’s a richly sweet floral, lush and heady. I’m cautiously optimistic about how it’ll behave on me.

Wearing: Maintaining cautious optimism. This really is a rich floral, warm and sweet. I just re-checked all the Lab’s orchid scents and almost without exception, the ones I’ve tried, I’ve absolutely loved. Maybe that’s what drew me to the Ace. Yay for obsessively trying everything and finding unexpected loves!

Ooh, watery freesia, I like! I was quite pleasantly surprised when I found myself really liking this scent after I applied it. Was it possible that there was a rose scent I really liked? Alas, that was not so, for after an hour, the watery rose came out fully. It's a nice scent, still, but again, rose scents just don't work for me. After several hours, it now smells like a rose linen spray--diluted, mild, sweet, and with other florals.

Wet: Sweet, sweet flowers.

Dry: Can detect the freesia and gardenia above all else. There is a bit of deepness from the rose elements.

Final: Beautiful floral that evokes springtime and fields full of sunshine and flowers.