Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Two, Five & Seven

A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose…
…and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.

Another frimp, thanks lab!

First off, let me tell you that while I love the scent of blooming roses on a summer breeze I am a very adamantly opposed to it in perfume form. It always ends up dominating and smelling musty/past its prime and cloying on me. BUT, while the rose note in Alice and Eve didn't work for me at all, I really like this one.

When I got it as a frimp from the lab I was like "oh no! This is the one with every variety of rose known on the planet." But of course I had to try it out just once. and..

Initially in the bottle and wet it is a very pure, wet rose, the closest to fresh growing roses I have ever encountered.

On my wrist as it dries down it changes to a faint sweet fresh rose and green grass smell: Roses in the garden. It's not overpowering and I love it. I can see myself putting it in regular rotation.

I recommend anyone who has had a problem with roses as a component try this one out. Edited by Shollin

I've been working my way through BPAL's rose scents, trying to find the perfect one...so far my favorite's been Blood Rose (sexy roses) but for fresh, perfect roses...oh my god, this is it. I opened the imp and moaned with delight. Just gorgeous! Blood Rose has some competition!

In the bottle: Roses! Lots and lots of different roses. Sweet and green at the same time and not sharp at all.

Wet on skin: Oh boy, my skin really amps this up. Not that I'm complaining. Roses and I get along very well. This still smells very sweet to me, like a fresh red rose bouquet.

Dry on skin: This is more subdued now that it's dry, but it's strong enough for me to smell it without much effort.

Verdict: I will probably get a big bottle of this someday. This is a rose scent that left me floored. Soooo nice.

Sweet and fresh and clean. Not cloying, no strong throw...just fresh roses. I am happy to be able to pick out my beloved tea (delicately sweet) and white roses (so crisp). The grass is not overpowering or fakey, it just adds a little green. Beautiful.

Not as overpowering as I would have thought it was given the 80 zillion roses in it. However, my skin still amps roses, so that's pretty much all I get from it. Don't ask me to distinguish the different roses.

In the bottle: Sweet roses, nearly like candy.

Wet: Fizzy, powdery rose and some greenness.

Drydown: It's clear that there are several roses in here. One of them has gone to fizzy powder, another seems to be sweet and sensual, there's tea rose, a bit green and very fresh... Something in there smells a bit berryish, I'm guessing it's what they call the "wine rose".

Overall: It smells exactly as described, several roses. It's a rather sweet rose scent, not particularly fresh. The fizzy greenness of what's the grass disappears rather fast, fortunately, as I'm not into rose sherbet myself. It really becomes hypersweet on drydown, more candy than rose. Hm, not a favourite rose blend, and I actually like roses. Actually, it reminds me a bit of Rose Red, which I hated.

Mmm... I'm not sure which rose note it is, but there's an almost sugary sweet one tossed in that just makes this blend smell divine! Surprisingly enough this blend isn't too heavy or heady at all! A wonderful rose, rose and rose with a faint hint of sweet herbal grass. Perfect.

In the bottle - ewwww! Medicine, bitter.

Initial application - OMG, gorgeous roses! I am in love!

30 minutes later - where'd the roses go? It's turned all herbal, it almost smells like Veil does on me. ???

I'm heartbroken. Come back, roses! I will try this again in a week or two.

Exactly! This is precisely how I experienced Two, Five & Seven. I was hoping for a lovely rose scent and it just ... faded. Thank jeebus I have an Imp of Rose Red! :P

I'm not a rose fan but I got this one for my mum who adores roses.

In the bottle: powerful roses with a distinctive wet green scent.

On my skin: roses, roses, roses. I suppose it might be very beautiful when you're really into rose scents.

After a couple of hours: it smells like dried roses in potpourri. Very heady.

Verdict: too strong for me. I can like some roses like in Moon Rose, or Tarot: the Empress, but here I reached my limits. But I'm sure rose lovers will be in roses paradise with this scent.

I'm very finicky when it comes to rose scents, it was lust at first sight with Othello and Blood Rose but after a while the passion wore off and dumped 'em. Red Rose was GREEN on me and very intimidating although I did love the touch of sweetness I got from it. I tried RR a long time ago and I've never found a blend that evokes that same gorgeous sweetness.

Until now.....

Two, Five & Seven is it! There is a touch of greenery initially, but it's nowhere near as harsh and prominent as Rose Red. The rose is sweet, so sweet, almost to the point of resembling sugared or jellied blooms. I want to lick my wrists!

It is strong, and I can't pick out the individual roses as some can, but I love this. It has wonderful staying power and it's the perfect scent I'll need to get me through the dark, cold months ahead. Exquisite.

Thanks Labbies for this glorious freebie. A bottle has already been ordered. :P

In the imp: Sweet roses and grass...ooooo! It reminds me of a grassier Persephone. I just hope it doesn't go unpleasant on me... *crosses fingers*

On me: Grass. Candied grass, like those "Bertie Bott's Every Flavor Beans". With a hint of rose. As it dries, the rose goes musty and it smells like a past-its-prime flower arrangement. Alas. I will use it in a diffuser or try it again and see if my skin chemistry changes.

i'm skeptical about florals, because i'm always of the opinion i run the risk of smelling like an old woman. no offense to old ladies :P

still, considering i got my imp from someone who is mad for rose scents, i was expecting to hate it. and surprisingly, i don't at all. it's a crazy rush of rose right out of the bottle, thump you over the head and screaming like a crazy person ROSE! ROSE! ALL SORTS OF ROSE! but eventually it calms down into a very nice blend of fresh rose with a hint of herbal something. it's kind of like walking into a flower shop, that first really pleasant breath you take right before you smile.

i like it. i may even venture into more girly floral stuff, now that i see it can be pleasant.

Two, Five & Seven was terribly disappointing. I was expecting all sorts of nice rose scents, and all I got was some sort of lemony cleaning fluid. And I do not like smelling like lemony cleaning fluid, or any sort of cleaning fluid, really. Off to the swaps pile. :P

I can already tell I'm addicted to rose scents. Two, Five & Seven was one of the first imps I ordered from BPAL almost a year ago.

Imp: Roses.

Wet: Freshly cut roses.

Dry: Sugared roses!

I love this. It's not too cloying, and the drydown leaves the roses smelling sweet - not dusty like the potpourri in your grandmother's closet. Has great throw and wear - I usually repply once during the day just because I like being surrounded by the scent.

Roses to the max. I couldn't pick out all the individual roses, but I do detect the tea rose most strongly. This is such a love or hate scent. If you hate roses, you'll want this away from you as fast as possible, but if you love them, like me, you'll want to slather this on. These roses are so authentic and fresh, you'll feel like you picked them yourself. I love this, and I am considering a bottle.

Two, Five, and Seven-

In Bottle: Rose scent, very complex but sourish.

Wet: Complex roses, which unfortunately do tend to be sour on me.

Dry: Sour rose. Not unexpected. Pity!

Overall: Not for me.

In the bottle, this scent has a very sweet rose scent. It's almost as if someone had dipped rose petals in sugar and placed them on a plate in front of me. I almost get a hint of spice, too. Just a teensy hint, though.

Wet on my skin, it's as if someone took those rose petals and crushed them. I can almost feel the smooth, bruised skin of the petal. The rose stands out even more on my skin, but there's still a hint of sweetness to it.

Sadly, this one doesn't last as long on me as others. That's not to say it doesn't last a while, though. :P

I would definitely recommend this to any rose lovers, as well as those who find heavy rose scents to be overpowering. The sweetness really does lift this scent up and make it much more clean and airy than a traditional rose scent.

Ok so I would like to preface this by saying that usually, I really hate roses. I'm not even much of a floral gal, though BPAL is making a believer out of me. I had NO DESIRE to try this perfume and recived it as a frimp. I sniffed it, out of curiousity, and instantly knew I had to try it. Every now and then I will find a rose scent that I do like (Gypsy Queen, Desdemona) but this one was allllllllllllllllll rose and that worried me. Other rose scents had died a horrible soapy death on my skin (Harlot, Mata Hari).

But this is *georgous* No soapy smell, no grandma smell, no potpourri smell, nothing sachet-like. It just smells like freshly cut roses. It's not overpowering or headache inducing, and this one is going straight to my top 10! Really really nice.

2,5, & 7-

Finally, a rose scent that doesn't go grandma or twisted.

It's blooming, green, and stays sweet.

And I'm glad it doesn't go dry and dusty on me during the drydown.

I love this truly rosy blend.

In vial: sweet rose, and something almost candy-like.

On skin: This is rose alright, but there's also something hard candy-esque about it. Super sweet. I hope it doesn't stay this way.

Dry: something in this just went funky on me. It's like dirt, but not fresh, clean dirt, more like rotting vegetation. Ugh. This is so not working on me.

This is probably the sweetest rose I've found yet. Candy sweet. So much so that it's almost setting my teeth on edge. Despite that I really like it, I'm just hoping it will mellow about a bit.

As it dries it does mellow quite a bit, to a soft soapy rose. Very pretty but I'm still loyal to Black Rose and Peacock Queen. I'd say this is perfect for those that like their roses softer and less decadent.

I really wanted to love it, but it goes all soapy on me, It is old grandma soap, ick. I love roses, one of my favorite notes, why oh why didn’t this work for me. :P

Yup. Rose. What can I say? Rose Red is still my favorite rose scent, but this is more of an everyday scent than the luxurious RR. It's very pure and smells very pink to me, very sweet, although I know there are other roses in here other than pink ones, I just don't know how to tell them apart. :P

My First ever review :D :D

In the Imp: Oooer this smells gorgeous, rose with rose and a little extra rose added to it but sweet, not just a bunch of flowers here.

Fresh on: Lickable, yummy this is certainly sweet and makes me want to bite myself...... :) is that wrong?

Dry down: This makes me feel feminine (I need all the help I can there) I feel pretty, sultry and delicious. This is creamy sugared rose petals on a dew filled morning and I fricken LOVE IT!

And the Verdict is: Kill me now! Just make sure this is in my coffin! :P

*blissful sigh*