Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Thorne

Two, Five & Seven

A huge bouquet of squished rose petals: Bulgarian rose, Somalian rose, Turkish rose, Damascus rose, red and white rose, tea rose, wine rose, shrub roses, rose, rose, rose...

...and just an itty bitty bit of green grass.

I got a really sweet rose scent, great throw. Unfortunately I had put it on, then put on a coat that eats all scent, so I reapplied. Well, apparently this scent was smarter then the other scents I wear, because it was just hiding from my nose, and thus gave me 2x the roses. Yeah, it was bad.. (in a nice smelling way). So, a little bit goes a LOOOOOONG way!

I'm pleased to report that this is exactly as described on me. There's a beautiful flurry of roses hover just above the faintest whiff of green grass. The roses smell so fresh and beautiful that I can see them when I close my eyes.

Really lovely and fresh smelling on me. Doesn't go all heavy like some rose scents can. I'll be looking to Two, Five & Seven this summer, I think.

Mmmm. This smells lovely in the imp. Fresh roses-soft and a little sweet. I WANT to like this, but unfortunately rose has a tendency to go sour on me.

Yes-it goes a little weird on me. It's not terrible, but it just smells kind of funky and off. Curses! If it stayed as good as it smells in the imp this would be gorgeous. I'm going to give it some time to dry down.

While it does smell better on full dry down and the sourness goes away...it's almost completely faded! Drat. No go for me.

Two, Five and Seven sounded soooo nice and in the vial it was just beautiful. Five minutes are putting it one, I was loving it. Lovely roses!

And then .....

I started to get an over-welming scent of wine. Sour wine. I could still smell the rose scent trying to fight it's way through, but that wine-ishness was just knocking it out of the way! Rose usually goes strong and soapy on me, so I was surprised it didn't fight back a little harder.

Finally had to wash it off when the Boss asked if I'd had a drink with lunch.

Bottle: Rose and sugar

Wet: Unfortunately, rose amps on me. I say unfortunately, because this is the most beautiful rose scent I've ever smelled. It's very green but sweet as well.

Drydown: This has amped so unbearably, that I need to shower. It's all I smell!

2.0 outta 5 on me, 3.0 in the bottle

A nice, well rounded rose. I find most rose scents to be too one-dimensional owing to the fact that most use your basic damask rose attar. The varieties in this one really make the scent 'round' if that makes any sense - it's like standing in my rose garden and getting that whiff of mingled tea, fruit, damask, and myrhh rose scents wafting around. Would have wished for just a leeeettle more green peeking through.

I love rose, but 2-5-7 just didn't work for me. It turned quickly into vinegar roses with green stems. I love the concept so much that I've tried several times, but it's not happening with my chemistry.

I'm really happy to try this, since before BPAL I used to be obsessed with rose, and now I actually find it difficult to find a "good" rose perfume, but still love to try them.

My first impression of this was: CANDY!! Yes, a sort of sweet-sour rosey hard candy. Really cute and girly.

On my skin it gets a bit less loud, which is probably a good thing (even though the initial impression put a smile on my face and made me think of PINK and SUNSHINE). I can smell the roses blooming more realistically, and a touch of stems and grass.

It does end up a bit powdery though, but the sweet-sour-candy impression is still there, avoiding it from becoming granny-like. All in all, it's not bad on me, but I'm not sure I will turn to it often. It's kind of pretty, but also kind of powdery, slightly sour. I think I will stick to Hope for my rose fix. (even though that one is also kind of powdery, but it's more like powder-sugar)

But you should definately try it if you like rose!

I love rose, so...why doesn't one of these roses love me? :P Something smells sour, almost medicinal on me. no greenery, just a mishmash of lovely and unpleasant rose scents. A Mad Tea Party rose scent, and it's not working. Most sad.

Huh... smells like im sitting in a tea rose garden with a glass of sweet rose infused sangria. I love it. When I saw that it said "a touch of grass" I kinda got scared. But... no grass on this chicks arm!! It's very creamy rose with a sweet red undertone.

ok if i HUFF it.. I kinda get a green tinge.. but nothing too headache inducing. I really love this one!!

5 minutes later....

Ok its weird cause when I huff my arm I barely smell grass... but when I am not outright smellin my arm and the scent wafts up to my nose, I get green! Thank gods it's a green I can deal with. Still lovin' it!

I'll hold on to my imp for the Summa Time!

got my latest order and this was one of the first I tried. the Mad Tea Party line is probably my favorite.

from the moment I popped open the imp I all I got was a burst of candy, almost fruity sweetness. no rose at all! the rose came out after I put it on, but the sweetness remained strong and it stayed a very sweet rose scent...with that candy sugariness dominating. I don't know, I wasn't expecting this to be so sweet and....not rosy, though its very pleasant and lovely and I like it a lot. definitely a wearable scent. its that time of the month for me right now actually, and sweet/vanilla/honey scents tend to amplify on my skin during this period, so I'll try it a couple weeks later to see if the rose will come out more then. I really really like this! its just that it wasn't what I was expecting at all, lol.

I have said elsewhere on these boards that I am a slut for rose, and this certainly does not disappoint. This is a big, bursting bouquet of a dozen different kinds of roses. It is thick heady petals with just a whiff of their fresh green stems. Exactly as described, exactly what you would expect.

Initial thoughts: *Sigh* Rose. This, I chose for the simple purpose of figuring out if it's actually possible for me to wear rose - every time I've tried it, it's been in a blend that may or may not have gone wonky anyway. So here we are - a genuine, totally rose schmush. I like the roses in my garden, but I've never been able to find anything that smells even close to what they do.

In the imp: The mild, innofensive scent of rose scented candles, soaps and other sundries everywhere. Hmm...

On the wrist, wet: Floral soapyness. Nah - this ain't flying.

Twenty minutes later: Nope - rose turns into a nasty, muggy, soapy floral on me that I just can't be having with - I think it's about time I gave up and decided I just can't wear it.

Verdict: Swap

Tl;Dr: Rose. Lots of rose.

i have died and gone to heaven.

i have been desperately wanting to try Two, Five & Seven for some time now, because i absolutely love rose, and this has got to be, hands down, one of the most beautiful roses that i have ever tried. it is so sweet, so dewy and young, so heady and just absolutely divine. a precious, powdery comfort scent, a refreshing and beautiful floral. thick, young roses in spring rain.

i could wrap myself all up within this garden and die a happy woman.

omg. big bottle FOR SURE. :P

I was really looking forward to this one. This is my greatest let-down. It smells oldladyish just like a soap or perfume. Like every other rose. I don't like it. And I don't get any of the dewyness or the grass I hoped for. Hopefully I'll find the rose I'm looking for.

ETA: It's really funny to read these reviews because everyone seems to get something different!

Edited by loladae

First Sniff: Roses! Several different varieties and very, very strong.

Wet: The roses have a very strong perfumey smell, almost over-poweringly so.

Dry: As it dries, the roses continue to be very strong. It's so strong that it actually started to give me a headache after awhile. And it started to smell like old perfume, the kind that some Grandmothers wear, in about an hour after applying it on myself. :P

My Reaction: I really thought I'd like this one as roses are my favorite flower, but it's just too strong. It's way too feminine and way too perfumey for me.

Wet: WHOA. SUGARY, SUGARY, SWEET ROSE. And is that booze I smell? Must be the "wine rose" note.

Drydown: Ooooooh. What have we here? Fresh green cut grass and a bouquet of roses? Glorious.

You have to wait for the drydown to get the green grassy-ness. Trust me, it's worth the wait.

A very sweet rose. It reminds me of Kurukulla, but it's a tad less sweet. Very pretty, love it :P

in the imp: rose, rose rose. and a tiny hint of powder. :P

wet on skin: rose powder. :D

dry down: powder, with some rose.

in all: a light, powdery rose that would be good for those that like their florals soft and wispy. also a good choice for little ones. me personally, i like my rose scents to have a bit more teeth.

:D

What I say: So, um, yeah. I read the Lab description and went 'so you say this has roses in it?'. And then I uncapped the vial, sniffed, and discovered that it actually had the entire Berkeley Rose Gardens in it. I actually gagged, because I hadn't really expected to get bitchslapped by that many roses at once. I am choosing to take this as a lesson. Namely, 'the Lab is not actually lying when they claim to have shoved all the roses in Wonderland into a single perfume'. If you don't like roses, steer clear. If you do like roses, apply this one outdoors. Because I will do anything for SCIENCE!!!!, I put it on anyway.

On my skin, the initial impression is 'you have just applied more roses to your wrists than grow in the entire state of Oregon, you fool, you fool, you reeking, rose-scented fool'. Seriously, it's impossible to think anything beyond AIIIIIIIEEEEEGH THE ROSES THEY ARE EATING MY FLESH IT BURNS IT BURNS OH JESUS!!!!!. I put on very little of this perfume. I smelled like the Rose Bowl. It was distressing in the extreme, and did I mention that the roses were touching me in bad places? They were very intrusive, and I did not approve.

The scent did eventually start to die down, which is good, since it meant I didn't suffocate and die. It wasn't an unpleasant smell, it was just OH MY GOD STRONG, and strong in a very, very floral way. After about an hour, the roses died down enough for me to smell the grass, but it was too little, too late. I had to wear Bad Luck Woman Blues for three days to beat back the trauma, and I think I now have a phobia of garden shows.

My score: 2 out of 10. I'm gonna put this on Vixy and see if the Red Queen whacks her head off.

In bottle/imp: Minty, slightly sour rose.

Immediately on skin: This is mainly roses with a bit of an off smell to me. I think it smells a bit sour and sharp on my skin.

After a little while: The weird sour note has disappeared and now I get the total rose scent this is supposed to be. It's sweet, fresh roses with a bit of a fruity tone to it. Very fresh and girly.

Overall Impressions: This smelled odd on me at first, but once it dried down I got all those gorgeous roses. I don't smell the grass, though. I would definitely recommend this to people who love rose. It's a beautiful sweet rose scent without being to perfume-y.

In The Imp: Barely smells of dusty dry roses.

On the Skin: Overly sweet - like rotting roses, fermenting juice, and honey. Odd... really not getting much rose from this.

After a While: Ah, there we go - nice sweet, soft rose. Background notes of raisin and prune (don't ask me how!). This is delicate, with low throw.

Verdict: I love rose. It amps all over the place on me, and I really don't mind. This is softer... it's lovely. Not certain that it's my omigod rose, but I'll enjoy the imp.

Okay, so usually I avoid rose scents like the plague, because I amp rose and it covers up ever other note. But a beloved forumite friend frimped me Two, Five, and Seven, and I had to try it out.

Apparently, when the primary notes are roses, I do quite alright!

In the imp, this smells like slightly sour roses, a scent I prefer to the more powdery rose I usually get.

On me this is very soft (shocking, seriously) and complex rose blend, but truly lovely. Usually rose is far too strong for me to like much, but this one works so well!

Vial: Fermented honey and sweet, sugary rose.

Wet: Very clean, green rose scent. Almost like you're walking in a rose garden right before the sun comes up and the clammy dew mixes with the rose petals

Dry: Some of the sugary sweetness has died down, thank god. Now it smells like a fresh bouquet of beautiful, mature roses.

Wow, very complex for a blend of "roses, roses, and roses." I'm actually going to save this for another time and see how I like it. I'm on the fence about it due to the sugary notes.

In the imp: Sweet Roses. Very delicate, feminine. Lovely.

After 5 minutes: Same as in the imp, but it's already fading as it dries down.

After 10 minutes: It's fading even more! I don't want it to go away. I love roses, but this scent is not lasting.

After 30 minutes: Nothing. Literally, nothing. It's gone.

Overall: It's a very delicate, girly, sweet scent. But after 10 minutes, I can't smell a darn thing! And it was so pretty too! No big bottle for me. I used most of the imp in a day to smell anything, so I'd use the bottle in a week!!!