Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

This is a crisp floral, and somehow smells overwhelmingly like sweet pea on my skin.
At first application there is a strong "perfume-y" note but on dry down this is sweet and girly and fun.

in bottle: Whew! This one seems very green with a touch of floral.

wet: this have a very interesting smell to it. maybe it's the crocus? It turned from a very green scent, to a more floral scent. I am liking this one more now.

dry: the green came back out a bit, but not nearly as strong. This is a soft floral, with some green in it.

7 out of 10

Ooooh, nice. The first crisp, fresh crocuses of spring! How fitting for this time of year. It's a very green floral and it is miraculously not turning to soap or powder on me. I'll be pulling this out on a warm spring day.

in vial: fruity

wet:fruity still with the florals getting stronger

Drydown: Mostly floral with maybe a hint of fruit. Started out very strong, has calmed down a bit and is softer.

Imp: I get pure pine out of this. Weird, but let's try it.

Wet: I still get a sharp pine scent, but there's a warmth that start cutting through it. Florals and pine. Why pine? I have no idea. Maybe it's the crocus?

Dry: Sweet, light florals. The pine scent is completely gone. This is quite nice once it's dry, actually.

Throw: Wet, it's screaming pine. Dry there's not a lot of throw and I have to get up close and personal with my wrist to catch the scent.

Overall: Eh. Maybe I'll use it in the bath. I think this would be a nice, head-clearing scent and it would drydown without me smelling like a pine forest.

i know the flowers crocus and snowdrop, i dont know their scents, if they have any. this is sweet, with a hint of the lab's snow note. a lily note softens it. not too complex, pretty and great for spring!

In the bottle: Sweet, delicate, fruity (pear-like) floral. Aquatic, gently green. Very feminine. Distinct calla and stargazer lilies. A honey-ed, heady floral note - maybe crocus?

Wet: Sweeter, headier, a touch powdery. Those two lilies I know and the crocus stand out; the latter has amped considerably. Still, there is a fresh, clean feel, planty-green like new leaves - from googling, I'm betting it's snowdrop. There is a hint of a sharpish soapy note, probably the third lily; the scent is new to me.

Dry: The mildly fruity-sweet and yet citrusy floral note, that's both freshly delicate and richly heady, reminds me of asiatic magnolias or linden absolute, but I think it's the crocus note blooming on my skin. The pear is amping too; it's juicy but not sticky, like just-ripened bartletts.

Later: Oooh, a lovely smooth and sexy musk (black, I believe - my favourite!) is emerging; it's quite strong and rich. More lovely base notes appear too; deep, warm teak and sweet mossy benzoin, maybe even a bit of ti leaf. The flowers and fruit have almost completely receded after a few hours.

Summary: This scent displays Beth's mastery so typically, commencing beautifully and morphing through multiple stages, all uniquely gorgeous individually. I've not been to be Prague, but I find this to be a very refined, complex, and elegant blend; absolutely feminine, luxurious, and intriguing. It dries down to mildly sweet and sexy woods, musk and resin, with faint hints of ripening pear and a blend of clean, heady, and delicate florals. While distinctly layered, all the notes harmonize in a very alluring manner.

I am buying a HUGE bottle of this and my previously held desire to visit Eastern Europe has become almost fervent! I am also particularly fond of crocuses, because where I grew up in the Northeast, they lined a path along side our house and were always the first flowers to appear, signaling spring. As such they also nearly always bloomed near my birthday, providing a flash of joy on days that were usually cold, grey and melancholy.

Edited by fairnymph

A sweet fresh floral with a hint of pine (I think that's BPAL's snow note, probably intended to evoke snowdrops). I can pick up something darker, soft and almost musky on the drydown. Like many fresh floral scents, it reminds me a little too much of shampoo or air freshener, especially in the early stages, so while it's pleasant, I can't see myself wearing it. It has no jasmine or rose that I can detect, so people looking for a lighter fresh floral scent might enjoy this.

Prague's wet stage reminds me a little of Florence -- very sweet berries. The lily gives it a bit more sophistication, but it blends very well with the initial fruitiness. It gets less fruity and more and more floral as it goes on, making it a nice light scent for springtime.

I'd like it better if it was a little longer-lasting on me. I only got about an hour out of it, and now I can barely smell it when I sniff my wrist. :P

in the imp: sweet candy flowers mmmmmm :D

wet on skin: pink magnolias! :D wow!

dry down: sweet lemon drops and...dish soap :)

in all: damn skin chemistry! if only it had retained that beginning part... :P

I KNOW it!!!! :P so this iu what happens when you order imps that you already love by only reading it s descripton..

amazing.. liliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiieeeeeeeeeeeeees.. they love me as much as I love them :D

no really, you could maybe pin it to a bit simple, but thats just lovely ad easygoing for hot summer eves outside on the balcony..

cmplete addiction, slathered it to be honest and need more

next order for sure BIG bottle :D

ADDED Feb. 28:

this is so floral. so fresh. so spring. so soft. and oh so good. :D

the crocusses are here and in the best way you can think of

there is snow.. there are bunny's hopping around, fairies and flowers in these woods of Prague!

I can't smell ANYTHING. In the bottle, on my skin... ARGH. I get the faintest little whiff of dry flowers or something, then it's gone.

*bangs head on keyboard*

Oof-sweet floral in the imp with something VERY sharp in there. *wrinkles nose* Not sure what note it is, but my nose does not like it.

Well, thankfully that sharpness mellows on the skin-it's still a somewhat sharp fruity floral. Not bad, but nothing I'm WOW-ing over. Going to let this dry and see how it settles.

Meh, this faded fast and was nothing special. I only put it on like twenty minutes ago and it's practically gone and I can barely remember what it smelled like on my skin... definitely going on the swap list.

Edited by Suu4LC

In bottle/imp: Fruity flowers with a hint of cooler floral notes.

Immediately on skin: This scent is very floral, but it’s complex. The lilies are there, clean and pretty, but underlying that there’s a fruity floral scent as well. This is just lightly sweet as well.

After a little while: This fades into a very soft, pretty floral, but it’s no longer the almost fruity scent I got at first. The lilies dominate the blend and give it an almost soapy feel. The other floral notes linger slightly sweeter in the background. This still has a little bit of depth to it, which is nice; the floral notes smell layered and complex.

Overall Impressions: This is a very pretty floral featuring very complementary and slightly different flowery notes. It’s not overly strong or sweet, and the lily gives it a nice freshness. You can pick out the other notes which is nice, and they don’t really blend together so you get a depth to this which is rather refreshing.

In The Bottle

Cool, sweet floral

On Application

Pretty, honeyed florals

Dry Down

I agree with previous reviews that there is a fruity element. I really like this one but may be a bit too soft and fleeting.

Rating (0-5)

Prague on my skin is a very clean floral. Not soapy. Crisp and light. There seems to be a very faintly aquatic vibe here. I'm also getting a bit of a honey tinge as well. This is incredibly light and feminine, and not something I would normally ever wear.

Prague is a well-behaved floral on me. Yay! (There haven't been too many of those...)

It starts out a sweet, sweet floral, reminiscent of low bushes with bell-shaped flowers that you walk past, sniff the air, and start hunting around to find what's making such a lovely sweet aroma, eventually finding a patch of little bell-shaped flowers in a shady nook that smell like this.

It continues to be floral in the drydown... it's strong enough even with the little bit I tried that I suspect it might be too sharp for me if I'd applied any more. As it is, it's very pretty and pleasant.

After it dries, Prague is a greener and slightly less overwhelmingly floral scent. It fades pretty quickly, though, and in a matter of a few hours I have what smells like an afterthought of a floral-scented soap on my skin.

A good scent, and a well-behaved floral... it might work for other people for whom some of the other floral notes are too sharp.

In the Imp

At first when I smelled this imp I immediately thought of Snow Bunny. This blend has the labs snow note (with pine, not like the one in Snow White) mixed with a floral sweetness.

On My Skin

The pine has died down quite a bit leaving the scent of chilled flowers. This is a beautiful blend bordering on smelling like a traditional, but complex perfume. The lilies are starting to come out adding another layer to this blend.

After a Bit

Great! I’m still getting chilled flowers from this. The lily didn’t overwhelm the blend which is what I was initially worried about. This has worked out great!

Rating 1-5 (5 being best)

Scent - 3.5 Throw - 2 Longevity - 2

Overall (not an average) - 3.3

Final Thoughts

I like this blend. I’m going to have to try it again when the weather is a bit warmer, this would be a perfect spring perfume. I’ll test again before deciding if it’s bottle worthy.

Prague is very pretty, a sunny floral that reminds me very much in "feel" of Eos -- a joyful scent, maybe a little softer and less bright than Eos and closer to the skin. Lovely, but not for me, as I like my florals in a supporting role only.

I love florals, so I was pretty sure I'd love Prague. I was right :wub2:

At first it is very strong and it scared me a bit, I was worried I'd smell "perfumed". But after a few minutes, it dies down to a lovely sweet feminine floral :wub3: My husband thinks it smells a bit candy-ish which I don't get :huh?: but he does like it. It lasts a reasonable amount of time on me (about 5 hours). I think a 5ml bottle is required!

Mmmmmmm... this is just a soft wafting spring floral. Very delicate, yet also strong. A hint of green, but so light that it's a refreshing touch but not bitter or sharp. Wish I could say more, but it's just not coming to me. To be noted, however, is how unsoapy the lilies are. Yay!

Overall: Soft, sweet, spring-like. This reminds me of both E Pluribus Unum (without the harsh green notes) and also, the tiniest bit like Cheshire Moon (somehow).

As others have said, this one doesn't stay around long. My skin seemed to soak up everything except a fruity lily smell. Unfortunately, not my cup of tea.

In the imp: Sweet, fruity floral, very cool and pretty—juicy, not heady, and with a definite green streak that makes think of sweet pine. I could almost swear there were berries in here, too! There's nothing that shouts our "LILY!", but this is lovely and uplifting.

On, wet: A little less fruit and more floral, and now the lilies are coming out, bright and clean but not soapy. It's very feminine but not fussy, fresh and dewy with a touch of damp green.

On, dry: The fruity aspect is back, paired with lovely white flowers and a very pure, clean, airy note that feels like a gentle breeze, wafting through the blossoms. This is springtime in a bottle for sure, full of sunshine and growing things and hope. :wub2:

Later: Gentle, sweet fresh flowers and spring breezes—fainter, but still beautiful.

Overall: Sweet, bright, breezy and clean, this is maybe the ideal scent for springtime. It's a beautifully blended floral, never soapy or cloying, with a juicy, fruity aspect that makes it very unique. There's never too much of any single note, and the lilies are elegant and restrained—in fact, I'd venture that even lily haters might find something to love here. I can't vouch for whether this smells like the city of Prague, but to me, it smells like hope, youth and a meadow filled with the first dew-covered blossoms of the new season. Like a lot of light florals, it fades fast, but it's worth reapplying.