Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

Haribo gummi bears (the red raspberry and clear pineapple, perhaps) + something with bite (a really happy lemon?) + lush greenery.

This made me smile after such a crappy week, so I think it's a happy smell and likeworthy.

I didn't really like this in the imp, but on it is a very pretty springlike floral. I'm not a floral fan, especially of lilies, but I'm not really getting the headiness of lilies. This is light, fresh and green, I'm guessing this is the crocus, as I haven't smelled that note before, except for the actual flower. I like this, and will enjoy the imp, especially when it gets a bit more like spring around here!

1247119044_AMypT-Ti.jpg

I went out in my yard this morning, cool though it was (36 degrees), and saw crocus blooming in my large flower bed. I thought how lucky I was to have Prague in my bottle box to wear in celebration! This is such a nice spring scent--fresh and floral, with a hint of green-- and I think I’ll break it out to wear more often, now that Spring has actually sprung...

The lily notes don’t overpower here, as they sometimes do with my skin chemistry, and I’m not really sure what snowdrops smell like, having never had any in my garden, but this blend is delightful to my nose. Highly recommended: 3 stars!

Edited by stellans

This smells like the Lush shop. Not anything in particular, just the shop in general, with all the smells mixed together.

3/5 Not bad but I don't think I'll wear it.

I've never smelled crocuses or snowdrops, so this will be an olfactory education for me.

In the imp: Light, white florals

Wet on skin: I can definitely pick out the lily influence, and the other notes are registering as very green and fresh, as others have mentioned.

Dry on skin: The florals become deeper and richer with time--it's almost like they're blooming.

Lasted about 4 hours on me and never go in to soapy territory as so many floral notes do with me.

I have to agree with everyone saying that this smells fruity - despite the fact that no fruits are listed as ingredients, this smells sweet and almost edible in the imp, although by no means foody (trust me, I hate foody scents).

On me, it's pretty much the same. If you don't like florals, but enjoy fruity scents, this might be the floral for you to try! As it dries down, I get a grassy note toning down the sweetness of the scent. After about an hour to an hour and a half, it turns quite faint, probably because it doesn't have anything in it that would anchor it on my skin (I need a solid base note of the wood/chypre family for that, which this seems to lack), but it's still there. In fact, it seems to attempt to become a nicer skin scent, with very little throw but more appeal when sniffed up close and personal.

I am not sure yet whether I will get more of this. I have only tried it on skin so far, will see how it fares when applied to cloth - if it lasts a little longer then, I will get more, if not, I will only hold on to the imp and leave it at that.

Imp: Gentle, sweet floral with an aquatic tinge.

Wet: Sweetly fruity, oddly reminiscent of Juicy Fruit gum, even though it's not quite that scent.

Drydown: Slightly green** floral begins to take over. I don't tend to play nice with lilies, but this is quite pleasant. The initial fruitiness recedes, leaving traces of sweetness laced over the floral scent.

Dry: Once it's dry, Prague tends to be a little baby powderish on my skin. It's still lovely, but that baby powder skirting across the top is something I would prefer to avoid.

Overall:Prague seems like the less aquatic sister of Danube. Personally, I prefer Danube for skin chemistry reasons, but Prague is quite nice too.

** Think new green not grassy green.

A frimp from the Lab—I would never have ordered this myself.

In the vial: It's floral, but it has a fleshiness that almost makes it seem fruity, round and full. It's a sweet, frosted, pastel scent.

On me: Much as it is in the vial. Some of the fruitness disappates, leeching some color from the scent. I'm no good at discerning specific florals, so mostly what I get from Prague is the fleshy, white, opaque scent I associate with lilies. It's fairly tame, however, rounded out by a slight purple fruitiness, frosted with a pale powderiness that tones down the scent. It remains quite sweet, however, to the point of becoming cloying. This reminds me oddly of a tamer, gentler version of Regan, despite the dissimilarity in the notes. Scent-color is a frosted, opaque, purple-tinged cream; throw is moderate.

Verdict: I wasn't expecting these results from this blend—it's far fruitier and tamer than I anticipated. But even then, Prague just isn't my sort of scent. It's pleasant enough, but I'm no fan of floral/fruity perfumes. I'll pass along my imp.

Prague

I don't know any of the notes listed, but whatever they are, they're wonderful! Or at least, wonderful combined the way that Beth has. It's sweet and floral, as well. I'm not too sure what it reminds me of, but this is a really lovely blend. Sweet and light. Strong while wet, but dries down to something altogether very dainty.

I'm a big lover of all types of lillies and bulb flowers but this blend is just pure powder on me. Impossibly sweet and candy-like in the imp it dries down to vintage talc, the kind your aunt bessy used to keep by the pound in her house.

Yep pure powder. I can't imagine how this went wrong actually since these types of flowers are usually very fresh and aquatic on me. I can only imagine it's got amber hidden in it to turn it into the evil concoction it is.

This is MUCH sweeter than I expected. thanks for the frimp, lab!

I really like this and it makes up for some of the flop & fizzles I got, in this recent order.

Yes I admit I've pulled a crocus or two out of someone's front yard, from impulsive excitement for spring growth. This does have a discernible note of crocus. The lilies take a minute to come out. Nice and light!

imp: sort of flowery but sort of fruity as well.

wet: what a beautiful, effervescent floral scent! it's soft and sparkly and perfect for spring!

dry: i may need a bottle of this. it's so soft and feminine, perfect for springtime outings.

I'd tested this a few times, but it never made enough of an impression, so I applied quite a bit before heading out this morning.

This isn't a scent that would turn anyone's head, I don't think, but it's delightfully fresh and clean. I'm not familiar enough with snowdrops or crocuses to pick out those notes, but I'm certainly getting some subtle lilies in here somewhere.

My first reaction to this was that it reminded me of, in the best possible way, laundry detergent. It just has a fantastically buoyant and clean smell. Thankfully, I don't get any of the fruits others seem to be getting, or any foody scents at all.

I'm almost surprised that this is pure floral, because it's agreeing with me so well. Granted, it fades pretty quickly, but having applied a bit to my hair, I'm still getting a bit of it. I feel like I've got a nice little bubble of crisp spring air around me.

It's a wonderful, light, spring fragrance. This might be bottle-worthy, since it's light and inoffensive enough that I feel very comfortable wearing this to work.

In the bottle - I get very fruity, like strawberry and perhaps fake pineapple. I'm not to thrilled with it in the bottle.

Wet: A little more flowery, but still very heavily fruity. Not digging it.

Dry down: I'm getting much more lily now. I'm also getting something that smells like sweat or something musky underneath. I don't like the underscent.

Dry: Not a whole lot of throw here once dry. After 2-3 hours, I have to be about 1" away to smell it. I smell lily, but no sweat, thank god.

In the Bottle

It's surprisingly...sweet. Sweet, liquidy, and kissed by lilies.

On Skin: Wet

It's all crocus – which were doused by cool water. The lilies don't really appear right away, but when they do I find myself...mixed. I am not sure what is going on but I find myself going "meh" when in regards to this scent, thus far.

On Skin: Dry

That berry scent that people keep speaking of actually manifests and, once again, I find myself unsure of what to really think of this.

Afternotes

Nothing really worth putting down. Just lilies and berries.

Verdict

On an American scholastic grading scale of A to F, A being best, I would give this a...C+?

I would give it a B, but since I find myself so ambivalent towards this scent, yet none of the desire to investigate it further like I have recently with Lady of Shalott, I can't really bring myself to do so. Plus I cannot say that I would ever have the desire to get another imp of this, should it run out.

Frimp from the lab and... I like it! It's a sweet floral blend. On my skin during the first application, there was something underlying that smelt a little piney, but not overwhelmingly so. That pretty much disappears on the dry down and it becomes just a sweet floral. It's very pleasant and pretty. Not too sweet, not too cloying. And, at least for me, not soapy at all. Glad I was frimped this! Definitely planning on putting it in my "scent rotation". :lol:

In the imp, Prague is a beautiful soft, white floral. Not overwhelming and sharp, very well-rounded. Wet, it's the same. I'm not sure exactly what crocuses smell like, but this is very soft and pretty, and the lilies aren't too overpowering. I could wear this any time of the year. Prague doesn't morph on me at all either. Glad I was frimped this because I completely overlooked it.

This makes me so happy! I feel like it is spring. Today was the first day in a long time when I didn't go outside and think of the movie "Frozen." The snow is melting and there's warm breeze, and I picked the perfect scent for today -- I feel like it perfectly encapsulates that experience of the changing seasons. Of course, it will also be perfect when it's getting even warmer and flowers are starting to bloom, but it's awfully nice now.

It's so sweet and floral, but it doesn't give me a headache. I'm surprised it's a pure floral -- it smells like there should be some kind of fruit in it. Like citrus, or crisp green apples. There's definitely a tartness to it. And it makes me feel better about everything! I chose it to wear today because I will be spending the entire day in the library writing a paper, and I knew I would need a pick-me-up. This is definitely a cheerful pick-me-up, and it is stunningly beautiful. I bought a partial bottle that is very old, I believe (it is blue), so I'm not sure if it is any different than fresh and new Prague. But it definitely still smells fresh! Fresh and youthful and optimistic.

I've never been to Prague, but I've always wanted to. I'm surprised this is the scent for it (I actually got it just for the name!) because I imagined something more twisty and Kafkaesque. But gosh, it's beautiful and perfect for me -- I'm actually glad the Lab didn't go the 'dark' route with this one. It is absolutely the perfect spring fragrance.

Just got my first two imps, and Prague was one of them! I'm another who's enchanted by the idea of this city; Prague is forever tangled up with the events of 1968 and 1989 for me, as well as World War II Resistance stories. Let's see here:

In the bottle: I can detect the lilies, as well as something sweet and surprisingly sharp. That must be the crocus or snowdrop, not sure.

Wet on skin: Hmm. There's the fruity note other people have mentioned, but the lilies are still there.

Drydown: The fruity note lingers, but so do the lilies. It also mellows on me, leaving a soft, clean, sweetly floral scent. I like this. It's something subtle you could wear onstage and not bowl over the person you're in a scene with. I'll be enjoying this imp, and maybe a bottle down the line... if nothing else, another imp!

This fits Prague the city, or at least my image of it, extremely well. I just have to say.

Edited by Chanter

In The Imp: No clue what the notes smell like on their own, but MMMMMMM - more clean florals, yay! I'd say it's not *quite* aquatic, but very cool nonetheless. I might try layering it with Danube. :heart:

Immediate Application: Smells sweeter on my skin. Not sugary-sweet, but floral-sweet.

30-45 Minutes Later: Like all the other pretty florals I'm so fond of, it disappears pretty fast. About an hour later, I have to really sniff to get a hint of the scent that was there. <_< I hate my skin sometimes.

Verdict: Definitely going on the 5ml wish list.

I can't skin test this since lilies are one of the worst varieties of headache-inducing florals, but sniffing the imp, it's a sweet fruity floral. It smells like what a Bath & Body Works lotion would smell.

Imp: Very sweet spring floral

Wet: This smells just like BBW sweet pea lotion on me. Must be the lilies. Still, smells like the first bloom of spring.

Dry: This is one of the only scents I've tried that doesn't smell much different on the drydown. I still get nothing but sweet pea.

I like this a great deal, but it's not really me. I think my sister will love this, though. She'll be easy to hook on BPAL with this alone. Anyone new to BPAL who likes sweet florals needs to try this.

In the imp: Lilies. So many lilies. Light, sweet-ish florals, but with a cool, clean, somewhat soapy edge. Not soapy in a bad way, though -- in this case it seems to temper the floral notes, keeping them from getting obnoxiously sweet. This is one of the few BPALs I've tried that doesn't morph on me at all -- the scent fades and mellows a bit, but the basic floral-with-something-soapy notes stay the same. This is a good option if you want a light floral that isn't too cloying; florals usually aren't my thing, but I find Prague light and pleasant. I'm not sure if I'd wear it often enough to merit a 5ml, but I'll happily keep the imp around.

Frimp from the lab. :)

Prague is a very pretty, delicate floral. It makes me picture a very tall, elegant, prideful woman in a long white gown. I'm not detecting any of the fruity notes that others have described, although my nose is not that well-trained yet. To me it smells like a cascade of lilies when it's in the imp, and not very different once it settles down on my skin.

Prague is quite pleasant, but lily is not one of my favorites, and unfortunately, it's not a very long-lasting scent on me. I can barely detect it after about an hour and a half.