Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ipb

Prague

For Jenny, with love. Crocus with snowdrop and three lilies.

Strangely, the first thing this reminded me of was grass, but a nice grass smell, not like nasty hay or newly-mowed lawn. It's definitely a very green scent, but also nice and light and sweet. In the bottle it's a little heavier and more floral and it actually smelled a little generic with just a small touch of freshness, but I like the way it smells on my wrist.

ETA: Aw damn, but it fades fast. Too bad too ;_; Edited by Shollin

It's...water. Water and stone and the old bridges crossing them. Soft and flowery and wet and mild. I have to slather it on for it to linger, but it's worth the slather.

Alright. I have to admit it.

I -am- a floral girl, with the right flowers.

I looked at the description for Prague, and shuddered. This will -never- work on me, I thought. Never.

Well, Prague is lovely. It's a very green scent, but soft. Not biting, sharp or herbal. It's soft, warm, and gentle and I likes! Thanks Labbies for sending this along with my order. I'd never have chosen it for myself! :P

Like ariosa, I never expected to like Prague. But guess what? I do. In the imp it's just an indistinct floral, and well, I don't think of myself as a floral person so I wasn't too excited. But on my skin, Prague blooms into the most beautiful fresh floral scent. As others have mentioned, there's a definite hint of fresh grass. I don't know what crocus or snowdrop smell like, but I think they must be dominating the scent, as I'm not detecting much lily. Whatever I'm smelling, it's a gorgeous combination of sweet, unassuming florals. This isn't a floral-scented blend. It's the essence of a lovely flower garden in the springtime, complete with green grass and fresh air.

In the bottle: An overwhelming blend of flowers and fruit. Really very lovely indeed.

On the skin: On my skin it immediately goes a little darker, a little muskier. Oh, this is truly lovely. And makes me realise that I really have no idea what crocuses, snowdrops or lilies smell like. Very deep, very rich, apparently; a heady, heavy scent a little like honeysuckle.

One hour later: Pleasant, still, but surprisingly faded. It seems flowers don't last long on my skin.

In the imp: sweet and light and juicy - sort of melon-like.

On me, wet: airy, bright, watery, slightly sweet and watermelonish.

On me, dry: Mrm, something isn't right here. There's an ominous mildewy note under all those light airy florals, it's as if they are dancing about singing 'LOOK AT US' while beneath them the rot has set in.

Verdict: Erf, no, I can't wear this - I gues I'll stick to Yemaya for melonish scents.

A blind review...

imp: Sweet pine tar

wet: Plus lily? kind of grape-y...or maybe frankincense? Smells like the undercroft of my childhood church a few days after the Christmas market.

dry: Old blankets and the faintest whiff of piss

Oh chemistry, why? This turns gross and stenchous, and then as if someone's tried to cover it all up with industrial bathroom cleaner scent. :P

ETA: Okay, I just read the note list and all I can say is WTF? I think there is always a smidge of a chance that one has come across a mislabeled imp or decant, but I think it's more likely that my skin and nose are just weird sometimes.

Edited by maribouquet

In the bottle it's a warm, buttery, rich herbal/floral. There's a slight astringent scent, which I think is one of the lilies, and a hint of grass.

On my skin it's so much more floral. There's a richness here that I haven't found in other florals.

I was a little concerned, because I am allergic to lilies, but thankfully it's only to lily pollen.

This is such a beautiful perfume. :P

Ooooh, this is sooo lovely! It smells fruity and almost like NECTAR! Must be the snowdrop...

Wet: Green apples, sugary green apples tinted with a little bit of pollen (like when you stick your nose right into the middle of the lily and it gets orange from the pollen.

On: The more beautiful, flowery notes come out. Very white and pure, but not at all sharp. Very soft.

Dry: This turns into a sweet, beautiful scent.. I'm almost afraid to wear it because it smells so flowery and true... bees may be attracted! :D :P

I LOVE Prague! I never would have bought it for me, but It is truly a lovely, beautiful scent. Feminine, but still chic and sophisticated... but not too mature. Young, like a girl wearing white with her hair blowing in the breeze as she watches a city in the distance.

SO LOVELY! This will definitely be a big bottle.

This was a frimp from the Lab.

Imp: I really didn't expect to like this, but in the Imp it's gorgeous-- a sweet, floral, aquatic scent, tart and green and perfect for an extra-hot August day.

Wet: It's less candyish and more floral once it goes on, but a very pretty, slightly bitter, incredibly green sort of floral. Light and springy and very very nice.

Dry: This is fading already, but it's still pretty-- light aquatic touches laid over with unusual flowers. I might even keep it!

Smells like the Christmas tree yards when still in the imp -- fir and holly on a cool breeze. But the flowers peek through on the drydown, and for a few minutes it's fantastic, fresh and sweet and quiet. Then the lily comes through and it's all over. After a complete drying, this is sadly just another generic floral on me. It's also incredibly faint...

I got this imp from the wonderful alterosen during our Vancouver Meet 'n' Sniff and immediately fell in love with it.

I find that there is a particular artistry to the Wanderlust blends that really puts these scents in a category of their own. Prague is no exception.

This is fresh grass and a gentle breeze over a meadow full of early spring flowers. This scent has a liquid, flowing quality even though it does not have aquatic notes. A very evocative blend that lends itself to synestetic associations - to me this is soft white and very pale green.

I may have to get more once my imp is gone!

It smells like spring, it is very floral and green. My only problem with it is that my skin eats it almost immediately, so sad.

Prague is very, very nice. It's a lovely and elegant floral, definitely reminds me of the pictures and movies I've seen of the place. Seriously, it's just really, really pretty. I love the way it makes me feel and smell. It's like the best parts of March - where winter is just becoming spring, and somehow you still have snow and flowers.

I'll probably buy a bottle eventually.

A delicate little floral. The flowers being a little unusual, it smells like early spring and not quite a standard floral. More subtle than violets, but reminiscent of them. A old fashioned. I can imagine Anne of Green Gables smelling like this after a day in the garden. nothing wrong with it, but it's making me think of soap and underwear drawers with potpourri in them.

PRAGUE

I am not familiar with the individual scent of crocus or snowdrops, but this is a gorgeous scent. It is light and cool, almost fruity. I smell apples and lilies, and this brings to mind a cold, silent morning in late winter when shoots of green and early spring flowers have found their way up through the snow.

I was downright scared to try this. Why, you ask? My mother is from Prague, along with half of my family, who are all Czech as far back as I've been able to trace it. I have never even been there, but for obvious reasons, it is my number one ideal travel destination! Pressure much? I rreeeeeeeaaaaaaallllly wanted this to work, and to be lovely, and evocative of the city it is based upon...a city I have never been to, and yet I already love. Well, guess what - Prague did not disappoint me in the least! I'm scared of florals as I usually hate them...that is, before BPAL. This was the first floral of theirs that I tried, and I'm glad that I did, because it showed me I can actually wear florals - that is, as long as they come from my favorite lab! :D

On to the review: Wet this is a very sweet, white, pure floral. Smells like I imagine Prague to smell in the very beginnings of spring - a time which is very fondly remembered and famous in Czech history ("The Prague Spring"), a time period which I am actually named after. It smells sort of like thawing snow, and flowers beginning to bloom, perhaps some aquatics in the background...I can almost smell the cobblestone! It's a very innocent and delicate, classic smell, full of hope. I think it suits me well, in every sense. This will be delightful to wear once springime rolls around. Undoubtedly, I will burn through my imp very rapidly and require a big bottle (or ten) of this one. This scent means a lot to me, and I am so happy that it loves me as much as I wanted to love it! This is my floral signature scent.

I'm ecstatic about this one! 5/5!!!!!!!

:P

In the bottle: Sweet berries.

Wet on skin: Still sweet berries. A very lilac and yellow scent . . .

Dry on skin: It's gone a little powdery, but less like baby powder and more like first snowfall. It's gone cold to match. It reminds me of spring flowers in the snow by a stream, maybe with a house in the distance because there's this faint warm, buttery scent like someone's baking.

Conclusion: It's a little generic when wet, but it dries into something very complex. I like it a lot but it's turning sort of sweaty/dirty so I'll have to try it again next week.

Initial Impression: crocus and lilies

On Wet: lovely white floral with a slight green tinge to it. Delicate.

On Dry: all I can say is that it smells green and white to me and as delicate as the finest lace.

Final Impression: I'm shocked that I love this so much. It's not typically something I'd wear at all.

Rating (on a scale of 1-5): 4

Right after I put this on, it changed into something rank and musky. Luckily it soon shifted to a sweet aquatic with a hint of fresh flowers. I can get a little bit of lily, but this definitely does not have a lot of throw on me, and it disappears after about an hour. There's nothing wrong with the scent of this one (after the musky smell goes away), but it's so faint that there's not really any point to wearing it.

2.5/5

Easter in a bottle! White florals like lilly and lily of the valley with a hint of something herbal and green in the background. Very delicate and lovely, if you like spring flowers.

It reminds me of Laura Ashley #1 perfume.

Oh, how I love, love lily. Lily of all kind. What took me so long to try this?

This is sweet, delightful, pure white flowers. The notes sing on my skin and seem so realistic. There's not a whole lot to detail here; it's simply crocus and lilies, yes. I was afraid at first that it might be faint (that's me... over-slatherous extremis) but here's some testimony for you: within a couple of minutes, my boyfriend literally came into the bedroom, paused, and then sniffed me out IMMEDIATELY and said "mmmm". I live with the guy, and he goes through head-spinning amounts of different smells, I'm sure. And he RARELY reacts like that for any specific scent. Then, later at work, (far later, I didn't expect it to last) my co-worker was standing next to me and suddenly stuck his face near the area behind my ear and said, "Mmmmm! You smell goooood!".

Yeah, two male-based compliments in a day... never happens. Might need a bottle of Prague in my future. :P

In the imp: surprisingly sweet floral

Wet: Honey and lillies and ahhh yum! Sweet!

Dry: Sweet honey and flowers. No other way to describe it.

Verdict: I am never a floral girl, but LOVE this! So wonderfully blended with such white florals - this will be a bottle purchase for sure. Perfect for hot summer girly days. From what I can remember of Lady Una, the honey sweetness in Prague seems similar. I can't stop smelling my arm! :P

This is so pretty! Having never smelled an actual crocus or snowdrop, I can't really pick out individual notes. This is a delicate, pretty, sweet, cool floral, appropriate for spring, summer, and winter. I like florals with one reservation: most smell the same to me. This, on the other hand, is very unique. It's a very happy scent and smells light pink, but isn't overly girly, if that makes sense.

...Okay, that was the most unhelpful review ever. I'll just say that I really love this scent and leave it at that. :P