Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
shelldoo

Dragon's Hide

Flame-kissed, warm, smooth, and highly protective. Dragon’s blood, leather and a hint of smoke.

I love dragon's blood, and leather and smoke should work on my skin but this doesn't. :P
It turns to something I can't explain, the weardest thing on my skin ever, it's everything but a perfume, just some bad bad smell. No dragon's hide for me... Edited by milica

Strong dragon's blood with that richly heady scent like Shalimar (Guerlain). The leather is a lovely and subtle touch - grounding it nicely. It is sweet and floral and thick, with the faint bitter tang of leather and sweat.

Very very nice, I'll treasure my frimp, but I'm not certain I'll ever upgrade to a full bottle.

The leather note burns off quite quick (a shame, as it was quite complimentary to the scent) and I'm left with little more than dragon's blood, no hints of smoke or remaining traces of leather. Dragon's blood is a very particular scent and seems to dominate anything it's paired up with. I would suggest anyone looking for a great dragon's blood scent to try Wolf Heart (bpal not tal) and Dragon's Milk.

In the vial: Strong sweet floral.

Wet: Floral still going strong and sweet, cloying with a hint of smoke.

Drydown: The floral softens and I am left with a soft sweet scent that complements the leather and smoke nicely.

Overall: It's a very sweet and heady scent at first and soon becomes quite a masculine, soapy scent. Lovely, but not for me.

I'm not a big dragon's blood fan, but I love leather and smoke scents so I thought I'd give this one a try. While wet I kept thinking "Nooooooo - not the dragon's blood!" ;) Then it settle down into a really, really nice leather smell with enough of the sweetness from the dragon's blood to make it intertesting. Good stuff!

Sweet leather.

Really, if people are into leather scents, I'd recommend this one. It doesn't smell raw. It smells like nice, well worn, polished leather.

I got this imp for my gf, and on her it smells exactly the way it should; darkly sweet, smoky, and sexy as hell. she'll probably get a full bottle of this.

so I had to try it, too, but on me it just didn't work. first it was sweet, too sweet, and too bright. after a while it was pure Kirsch, and from there it went to Campari. I don't mind drinking it, but I don't necessarily want to smell like it.

on a side note: the dog instantly tried to hump my arm when I gave him a sniff, so maybe it does work on me in some level.

yum!

at first this was all dragon's blood on me, then the leather came out strong.

this is very unique and quite lovely.

i lvoe this leather note.

In the imp: highly reminiscent of the Dragon's Blood single note. No leather or smoke at all.

Wet: There's something oddly lemony about this scent. Still very much dragon's blood and I can't detect anything else at this stage.

Dry: After a while, this does get a little acrid. I can smell leather if I really strain, but it's mostly just Dragon's blood and smoke, which is nice, but not spectacular on me. I've had better luck with the other dragon scents. Ah well! I'll keep it for the name, I think :smilenod:

Hmm...i'm not a huge fan of dragon's blood and leather usually smells like ashtray on me BUT I just have to try everything. You never know when bpal will surprise you ;D

I actually like this in the imp though-the leather isn't too overwhelming and gives the sweet dragon's blood a bit of an edge.

The leather comes out quite a bit more on my skin-this is a great leather note-not ashtray-ish at all. Very accurate leather-reminds me of my riding chaps, from my horseback riding days.

Not a blend for me, but if you are a dragon's blood fan and a leather fan, this blend is tailor made for you! The two mix surprisingly well!

The oil color of this one is BRIGHT reddish orange which tells me it's gonna be heavy on the dragons blood. We shall see. I'm not a fan of dragons blood so...I will proceed with caution...

In the imp...Rawwwrrrr! Dragons are bleeding everywhere! Someone get a tourniquet! Sweet jeebus this is strong. I'm not even going to attempt to put this on my skin.

Judging from the imp though this is a great, masculine version of dragons blood. For those of you who love this note, dig in! I will be standing way over here --------> :ack:

I'm in love with DB but this is not a love scent for me.

Bottle Sniff Not much surprisingly. Mostly dragons blood.

Wet On Skin Leather, leather, metallic and acrid leather for the first 30mins. I'm really getting a nostril hair curling experience here and that's not a good thing.

Drydown After about 25mins there's a brief span of time where its DB & leather and that's really pleasant and if it stayed like that I'd buy a bottle. Sadly shortly after the good phase the leather was gone and I'm left with what I imagine is pure DB. Nice enough, but I wouldn't buy a whole bottle just for that. This one alternates between smelling slightly soapy and slightly metallic. Weird. I'm beginning to think that perhaps leather is not a note I can wear. It seems to amp, spike, go metallic then disappear.

In the imp: Almost plastic-y and fruit like. Scented plastic fruit?

Wet: Smoke and leather and spices. Wow! Nice.

Dry: The smoke has left and the fruity-ness has come back. But now it is more spicy-fruity, actually kind of like a warm fruit juice with lots of spices. And something is toning down the fruit further... leather? I think that's you. Lovely.

A while later: Hmmmm. I can pick up the leather, but only slightly. What predominates is a warm, comforting scent, spicy and ever so slightly fruity. This is a scent that makes me want to snuggle my wrists for warmth and comfort. Being a roleplayer, what springs into my mind is a very kind, very loving fighter type, while relaxing at home. Weird mental image, but it is what it is.

Wet, this is all DBR with a teeeeny touch of leather. As it dries, I just get straight up DBR. No leather, no smoke. I can't imagine that it would really go together anyways. Not a DBR fan, so this one is off to swaps.

In the Imp: Fruity and perfumey. Interesting.

On skin: Pretty much the same.

Dry Down: I dont' get any leather & just a hint of smoke that softens the floral/perfumey scent. I'm not sure what to make of it. I've never smelled straight Dragon's Blood so I have nothing to base that reoccuring review statement upon. It's okay. It's actually kind of bright on me. Very strange indeed. I don't love it, but I don't hate it either. I may need to rehome my Imp & get it to some one who will show it much love.

Sorry, but Yuck! To me, dragon's blood is sickeningly sweet, really overpowering icky-sweet. :sick: I thought the leather might give it some depth and curb the sweetness, but it doesn't, at least not on me. :ack: Excuse me while I go bathe in Brimstone for awhile.

Very floral, smells just like lilacs, and very soapy. A slight tinge of smokiness underneath, but nothing like what I imagined it would smell. Where is the dark leather? Not for me.

Granted, I usually only read the first and last page of each review, but am surprised to see only one person have the same thought as me...the one just above. This is straight up lilac on both me and my husband. I got it as an imp from the lab to have my husband try and I just wouldn't call this a masculine scent at all.

The good news is that I do like lilac and so I might have to try it officially (just tested it on my hand).

It has a nice throw -- could smell it waft off my husband every now and then.

When I take a really deep sniff, I can get to the smoke, but it's an obscene amount of lilac on the nose before I get to it. and it's not something anyone would get off of me.

*really hormonal this week so take this with a grain of salt.

in the imp and wet: just general cologne, like the other dragon's blends that i've tried

dry: okay i have to admit that i'm not sure what the lab's dragon's blood smells like. all i know is that it doesn't smell like the sn dragon's blood that the boy wears sometimes. dry this smells faintly sweet and i guess kind of floral? this is a really unique scent that i'm supposing is the unknown dragon's blood. there's a leather note that keeps appearing and disappearing as well. the sweetness starts to die down and it become spicier and smokier but i have a feeling that i put too much on lol.

it's one of those weird scents that i don't like but i do like at the same time. i'm not sure what i think about this one and this may have to another that waits until another time of the month to retest.

I was excited to try this scent because I love the smell of leather. Unfortunately, as many other people here have mentioned, on me this scent goes crazy floral. I was hoping to smell like warm leather with a hint of smoke, but instead wound up smelling like a bouquet. I don't think Dragon's Blood plays nice with my skin.

Although, I found Dragon's Heart on me smells pretty much like what I was hoping Dragon's Hide would smell like.

I love my Dragon´s Tears imp and I like dragon´s blood, that´s why I bought a bottle of this one. Dragon´s Hide is mysterious and sexy. Dragon´s blood get´s floral on me, that´s why the scent isn´t too masculine. I don´t need to buy a bottle of Dragon´s Tears, because Dragon´s Hide is more interesting to me.

In the imp, I'm getting dragon's blood and smoke, not so sure my nose is picking up the leather. On my skin, I'm getting the same, first and foremost. Hmm, we'll see if the leather comes out at all. Not getting leather right this second, but this is good enough initially that this is gonna get a wider skin test in the near future.

For the full skin test, the leather and the smoke comes out more, with the dragon's blood mingling in. Definitely going to be a bottle.

Edited by Venneh

In bottle: Mostly Dragon’s Blood with a trace of leather.

Wet: This was mostly Dragon’s Blood on me. It actually felt pretty much like a cologne.

Dry: Same as Wet.

Notes: I’m thinking that the dragon’s blood just isn’t working for me when it is a dominant note.

Hmm, this is my first Dragon's Blood blend. I'm not sure how I feel about it.

Wet, it is sweeter than I thought it would be. Kind of a sticky sweet floral-resin, almost like...the closest I can come up with is jasmine syrup. I don't get much leather at all.

Dry, the leather does come out more, but this is still super sweet jasmine layered over leather.

I think I'm not a Dragon's Blood person after all. :(