Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Belladonnastrap

Oneiroi

Created to invoke the ancient Greek deities of dreams. On the shores of the ocean, somewhere in the West, they dwell behind their gates of horn and ivory. Soporific, dark, and unfathomable: a somnambular blend of deep lavender, white sandalwood, jasmine, bergamot and mugwort.

Strong chemical. I hope it changes fast... Oh, good, there it goes. No, still a sort-of unfortunate combination of scents that’s not doing much for me. Edited by Shollin

This scent is more powerful than I gave it credit for at first. I've been having some vivid dreams lately, the kind that you remember trippy scenes long after you've been awake. I hold Oneiroi responsible.

Oneiroi seems to be nothing more than jasmine and lavender to me, and also seems to lose most potency after about a half hour or so. It's very pleasant and herbal, and I adore the delicate yet gripping fragrance.

Somehow this potion turns my dream state into a theater! Last night I had a dream where I was slowing down fireworks by shifting my perception, and they were so incredibly beautiful, it was complete euphoria....

I had another scene later where I was watching some local rock band play on a classical stage, and a friend of mine was incredibly good at playing the piano for some reason, and proceeded to jam out, and the keys were muffled almost silent. I could barely hear the notes, but I knew how incredible the music was by his ferocity.

I never remember stuff like this; I'm not sure whether Oneioi makes these dreams stick or if it's responsible for their existence....Either way, this is several-bottle worthy. Along with Somnus.

Out of 5 stars, this is a 6. It's medicinal and incredibly pleasant. :P

This starts off with almost a light single-note of lavender. However after dry-down some kind of wood melds into this—perhaps sandalwood—that tones it down and makes it rather warm and comforting. Lavender usually hates me so to find a scent in which it works is usually rare. This is like curling up with a wonderful blanket—great to fall asleep with. It has only a very light throw so it’s non-obtrusive for sleep and just lingers in the sidelines of your senses. I will certainly be holding onto this little guy.

Rating: 4/5

STRONG lavender, very medicinal and herbal. I've used this a few times at night now since I got it, while I've been travelling, and I think I did sleep a little heavier on those nights. I'll be interested to see how it works under normal, at-home circumstances.

There is no font size large enough to express the initial throw of LAVENDER!!!!1111oneoneoneeleven

It's like falling face first into a lush damp meadow with the stuff growing profusely everywhere. Mugwort is somewhere in there too, and maybe a bit of bergamot, but otherwise, see above.

Funny, it doesn't work for me so much as an insomnia aid (but I'm the hardest person to put to sleep ever), but it's the first scent to really carry a strong memory for me:

When I was about 10, my family once spent a week one summer on a small island off the coast of Maine, and some days I'd leave the rental house and run off into the woods until I was just out of sight, where I'd find these two huge trees that had fallen across each other, their root structures looming like the canopies above them, dark and damp and mossy. I'd crouch down among them and play my solitary little games of make-believe with the twigs and acorns, or just curl up in a relatively dry spot and listen to the sounds of the trees and birds.

I don't recall smelling lavender around there or anything, but somehow Oneiroi just reminds me of then.

Edited by Angel Slurry

I'm actually a little afraid to put this one on my skin--I got a sniffie of it and the first thing that I thought of when I opened the imp was CAT LITTER. Seriously, the imp smells exactly like the brand of litter my mother buys. It doesn't help any dreams of mine, since I can't shake the association. How unfortunate.

I have worn this to bed twice, and both times I've had awful nightmares. I seem to amp the lavender terribly as well. No more, Oneroi. I shall stick to my Zorya and Utreyenna for night smellies.

oh GOD, this is terrible. whatever bitter, medicinal, horrible scent this has is also in nero, another scent that i can't stand. this is an instant headache and makes me feel queasy. euuugghhhh.

In the imp: Veeeery lavender. Very strong lavender. It reminds me of the Schnuggle bar from Lush, only muuch stronger.

First applied: Yep, strong lavender. It smells sort of like a cleaning solution or a very strong generic brand aerosol air freshener.

Drydown: Definitely Schnuggle with a hard kick. Definitely heavy on the lavender. This wouldn't help me sleep.. it would keep me awake. =\ I have to give TKO and Quietude a try now.

Verdict: Hmm.. no sense in keeping. A very, very HUGE thanks to evilmistressoftoast for the imp, though. Without her I might have gotten a big bottle, 'cause I couldn't find a decant, and I wouldn't have been able to keep the bottle. =)

Edited by Queen Mab

in the imp: total lavender and neroli experience. very essential oil blend-style.

wet on skin: more of the same, but with a bit of cat mint thrown in for good measure, which gives it a nice balance.

dry down: the mint comes to the foreground and it becomes more round and lovely.

over all: though not much of a floral person, this is really beautiful, and would definitely use this before sleep if i was aiming for some prophetic dream work!

It sounds wonderful from the description but the sniffie I got just smelled horrible. I am still very greatful for said sniffie but I really hope there was something wrong with it after all. :D I wanted to try this so much, mostly because of reading Neil Gaiman's Sandman, and it turned out to be ne of the worst things tried so far.

There is some kind of note that I also encountered in R'Lyeh, dont ask me what it is but it is there for me. A hard to describe darkly bitter and chemical smell, very unpleasant. I will definitely try to get an other imp of this and see if there is a difference because I cant believe it is supposed to smell like that :P

Edited by ImperatrixMundi

i've tried this out with somnus and it helps get a deeper more restful sleep. i'm not sure how it is alone.

i'm not sure if i would purchase a bottle though.

This is my favorite of the Somnium blends. It's dark and strong lavender and it seems to just knock me right into sleep, much the way TKO does. However, this one gives me dreams whenever I use it.

The fragrance of this, once dry, is a soothing but strong lavender with a sweet jasmine and bright bergamot accent. The sandalwood is present but not strong. This is deep and soporific and one that I always keep on my nightstand.

I got this as a frimp in a forum order. I'd avoided it because of the note listing (jasmine = death), but when I got home from a night out and needed to get to sleep quickly, I thought to myself, "eh, why not?"

Imp: pleasant and soft, not FLORAL!!!

Wet: lavender, but not the in-your-face lavender of Yvaine, and some other semi-sweet florals.

Dry: pleasant, nice lavender, like in my garden.

I fell asleep & had some fascinating dreams, too, though that may be attributable to having been out late. too.

On me, Oneiroi is lavender and something else, but lavender is definitely the strongest. Unfortunately, something about it kept me awake, so it's definitely not for me.

Hel-lo jasmine and lavender! These two notes are all I smell, and they seem to be trying to out odor one another. I think it's an excellent blend in theory, but in execution it just smells like a strange air freshener trying to cover up a bad smell. Not a good combination with my skin chemistry, I guess.

Frimp! Yay! In the imp, this was really powerful and heady and I didn't like it, but it calms down after a bit on my skin. Despite these notes not being listed in the description, I really, really smell lilac and hyacinth in this-- both of which grow in my front yard back home, so it has a pleasant nostalgic effect. I'm sure it's just that the other florals in here remind me of those because they're what I'm used to. Unlike some other reviewers, this is a relatively soothing scent to me, so I think it's well categorized.

Oddly, though I like this, I don't really think it's distinctively me. I think I'll probably use it on quiet days at home more than as something to show off in company.

my first review, one of the first imps in my first order...

This is not an overpowering scent. I had to sniff at my wrists or at the imp to get a good sense of it. I could detect the lavender but there's something stronger in it... something herbal? Woodsy? I can't tell, but it makes this scent darker - something to wear at night, to sleep. I feel sleepy already...

As an earlier review mentioned, if Dream of the Endless had a scent, this would be it. I wonder what dreams I'll have?

(Edit on the morning after): Strangest dream I've ever had! Interesting. This scent deserves to be used again tonight.

Edited by charisse

Put this on before bed, not really expecting it to do much of anything. The scent itself is a sort of citrus-y lavender when I put it on, not anything I'd particular wear normally. But I have to say, it did make me very relaxed and I did fall asleep very quickly! As far as dreams go, I think I might've gotten the god of dreams' clerk, because I had the oddest dream about filing dreams by subject. *g* Interesting, I'll have to try again!

(Scent alone: 2/5, Results: 5/5)

Edited by gnl

Lately, I've been so strung out I haven't been sleeping well. The lovely Labbies very graciously sent me Oneiroi as a frimp, but I hung onto it a while before trying it out, as I was a bit put-off by the scent of the other sleep blends.

Oneiroi is different. Mostly jasmine and bergamot, with a whiff of bitter mugwort peeping through. A hot, humid, velvet-blue, summer night. A scent to fall into. Most consecutive hours of sleep I've accomplished in months. Strange, but not terrifying, dreams.

If I wasn't worried about narcoleptic episodes beginning, I'd wear this as an everyday fragrance.

Medicinal in the imp and fresh on my skin, but quickly turned to all jasmine. I hadn't checked the notes, so this was a pleasant, pretty surprise (I :P jasmine). I tested this on a very hot day, and I'm curious to see what'll happen to the scent when it cools down a bit more.

I didn't realize this was a Somnium blend, and I can't wait to try it again before bed!

This reminds me of Sleepy Moon if Sleepy Moon were less... bold. It's a nice, rich lavender with a side of gentle sandalwood. I get a little medicinal edge to it that's not lavender-- maybe the mugwort? I'm happy to say that the jasmine in this is out to lunch on my skin.

Overall, I found this to be a gentle, comforting scent... perfect for wearing to sleep. I'll be holding on to my imp of this.

In the bottle it's lavender and jasmine. Wet some sour not explodes. Dry it's a really strong soap that I can't wash off fast enough.

In The Bottle

Lavender and sandalwood

On Application

As above with jasmine which dirties up the scent

Dry Down

The jasmine spoils this for me. Smells kind of sweaty. Not for me

Rating (0-5)