Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Goddess of Strife and Discord, constant companion and sometime consort to Ares. She is a fickle, chaotic Goddess of Bedlam whose greatest passion is the sowing of dissention and turmoil. A suitably disjointed scent, bursting with gleeful mayhem: wet fruits and sharp mimosa with Martial spices and a deceptive flash of floral.

Disclaimer: As a huge Greek Mythology nerd, I really want to like this. Also, I'm a fan of Mania, so a blend of fruit and weirdness works for me

In the imp/Wet: ...Not to be crude, but this kinda smells like someone who sprayed air freshener all around the room to cover up the smell of a dirty diaper. It smells nice until right at the end of the sniff when you get the...less than appealing scent

Drydown: Oh my gosh this is just not working. The dirty diaper scent is overpowering the fruit... off to the swap pile

This started off as very fruity in the imp, but then turned into pure floral on my skin. Strong, yet sweet. Then the fruit decided to pop back out, then finally some musk. Overall this is a nice, sweet smell, though there's a hint of mischievousness lingering at the edge. I won't buy a bottle for the sole reason that fruit/florals AREN'T me, but I'll definitely wear it again.

I would have to agree with Acid, starts off like a very fruity scent, quickly turns to florals, and after a while musk comes out more.

Nice, but not enough interesting flowers or fruits for me to wear it. :P

Initial application - all melon, which is not a good thing. Quickly other fruits come out to play, making it more complex. I especially smell berry. Then it morphs to mimosa. I have a mimosa tree, but never really payed attention to the scent. As soon as I smelled it in this perfume, however, I recognized it. The mimosa scent is captured perfectly. I don't detect the spices. This is a bit chaotic. The fruits and mimosa take turns coming to the forefront. Very interesting.

This is fruity and florally, not really my two favourite scents, but somehow I like this today. There is a touch of musk, but it very quickly fades away. Very uplifting and cheery, though there is no jasmine noted, I kind of get the vibe. This scent actually reminds me a bit of Lush's Flying Fox, one of a couple of jasmine scents I like. Don't know what I'll think of this another day, but now I appreciate the brightness of this scent.

eta: Now my normal spidey senses regarding my tastes are coming out, and this one is definitely not me. If you like bright, fruity florals, this one is for you.

Edited by milo

This is bliss. I love the fresh koolaid sweet fruitiness mixed with subtle wisps of spicy florals. This isn't a morpher. The flowers in this one aren't sharp, which is nice.. no headache on this one!

I'll hold on to this imp dearly. :yum:

Nice, sweet floral. Okay throw and lasting power. Not really my style though. Too bad, because I love her description as Goddess of Bedlam :)

In the imp, my nose would like to say that it does indeed smell like someone is trying to cover up a bad smell. On the skin, it smells spicy, then like florals, then spicy again! It's not bad but, I think I'll set it aside for now and see if age makes it better.

Wet -- holy bubblegum!!!

As this begins to dry down, I'm having trouble pinning this down. The fruits are still there, whereas the spices are nowhere to be found, and...well...I think it's maybe the mimosa blending with other things, but I'm getting something very odd here I can't really think of a better way to describe this other than sex with fruit-flavored condoms :blink:

Thankfully, that phase doesn't last very long. Eventually, the fruits mellow out a bit and the florals take this one home. I end up with a sort of nondescript fruity floral.

Full disclosure, I have a bit of a head cold.

In the bottle this is tart and fruity. Appley? Wet on my skin it is much the same. It's almost got a bit of sourness, but it stays tart instead of going sour. Like Granny Smith apples ("shag, daughter! Shag for babies! It's a marketing idea") sliced and juicy and waiting to go in a pie. I don't even really know if there are apples in this but I feel like an Eris scent should have the apples of discord in there somewhere.

I'm mainly getting a golden, tart apple scent with maybe hints of...amber? Apples sometimes go sort of soapy on me, but as far as I can tell this doesn't smell like soap. I will probably have to re-try on a day that I can smell things better.

Another perfect lab description...this IS really subtly disjointed. The mimosa smells lovely and sweet, but contrasts sharply with the "martial" spices, and the fruits and florals all add to the gentle clashing. This isn't big bold in your face crayzeee, it's just got dashes of minor mischief and hijinx. Hmmm, innnneresting...

Imp: Very sweet and powerful Mimosa. Nearly candy like.

Wet: Juicy fruit gum.

Dry: Sort of fruity, sort of green...I agree...disjointed...and not for me.

In the imp/wet: God, this smells so familiar, but I can't put my finger on it! I know it's some kind of candy or flavored lip gloss. I read some people mention Bubblicious or Juicy Fruit. It is very juicy smelling, very tropical, girly and flirty... though not necessarily in the sexy, mature way I like it. More like the cheerleader from American Beauty, than Elvira.

Dry: There is something under this that gives it a certain headiness and muskiness. I want to say jasmine or nag champa. There is still that sweet, tropical top note but it's been matured by the floral, which is more of a head shop floral than an old lady floral. If it is jasmine, it's a really beautiful jasmine. I *love* jasmine but I've been unsuccessful with BPAL's jasmine blends so far (Mata Hari, Suspiro, Rapture..) but this one is really nice. It's a very sweet, bright jasminey smell.

Overall: I really didn't think I'd like it all that much from what I smelled in the imp, but dry this is very, very pretty. It *could* be a big bottle but I don't know that it is necessarily dark enough to warrant an every day scent for me. Still an amazing blend.

Sniffing the imp, it's sour fruit.

Wet on the skin, it's mimosa and kind of bubblegum-like.

Dries down to a soft fruit floral. That initial sour note comes and goes. It's a nice blend when the sourness goes away, but then it comes back and ruins the scent for me.

I have pass on this one.

At first lots of wet fruits like Titania and Thalia. There definitely smells like there's melon in here.

But then unfortunately dries to a generic floral.

2.5/5 Wet - great, dry - meh.

Edited by anna1850

Imp: Incredibly sweet mimosa and canteloupe on top, wet and sticky and wonderful. There's something a little darker backing it, like spiced tea. Oddly enough I quite like it.

Wet: This goes straight to an odd bitter powder on me at first, which I think is because I've been sick the past few days and not the fault of the blend itself. Then the melon and mimosa come back up, backed by something that I think might be violet, and then some orris or violet and lovely spice. It's a floral, but it's a heady, fruity, spiced, tropical floral that I'm actually digging. The combination of floral and fruit almost makes it smell like some lovely boozy mixed drink.

Dry: After a while, this smells just like a melon salad + lovely, slightly dusty florals + incense, and I'm definitely liking it. Great for summer wear, inoffensive but still definitely interesting! I don't think I need a 5mL but I will happily keep my Imp for everyday use.

[edit] I might add that, after reading everyone else's reviews, I strongly suspect that this has civet in it, and I simply can't smell it due to the lingering headcold and hormonal fluctuations... so this has the potential to go horribly wrong once I recover... but I hope it won't!

Edited by WidgetAlley

In bottle/imp: Cherry-like fruit and spicy orchid.

Immediately on skin: I get a juicy, reddish scent, but it also smells kind of watered down. There’s definitely a lot of cherry, and what seems to be a bit of currant and some dry but spiced orchid lingering behind. The mimosa is evident, sort of wafting around but not really blending in.

After a little while: This scent smells loud and sharp, but also floral and fruity at the same time. It’s mostly a fruit/floral concoction, and I don’t get much spice. The cherry is juicy but not very sweet, and the floral notes are dry and sharp.

Overall Impressions: Disjointed is a good word for this scent; it never manages to fully blend on my skin. The fruits are bright but sharp, and the florals are smooth, dry, and rather strong. This scent smells red, but it’s not a sweet, juicy scent.

The fruitiness reminds me a bit of Titania. This is a gorgeous fruity-floral. Definately considering a full bottle.

In the vial it is a sweet, light grape scent, quite pretty - not what I'd expect of Eris! But on my skin it becomes darker and dryer, with something almost like a bitter note. After a few hours, though, it morphs into a sweet, powdery scent that is quite nice.

I gave my imp to my SIL so this is going off my notes

In the imp: this is a very fruity, tart smell which would be wonderful for me, except that it also smells like there is a hint of cat urine underneath.

Unfortunately because of said cat urine smell I never tried it on, so it could have been wonderful dry, but I couldn't get past the wet stage.

I was generously given a tester of this in a recent swap by Mazaru; I'm eager to see how this turns out on me. In the imp, I'm getting a really sharp fruity floral, and I'm thinking this needs to get on my skin now. There's just enough in here for a thumb test; on my skin, it's a really beautiful fruity floral... and of course the DC'd scent is absolutely amazing on me. *facedesk* Will keep the tester to use up the drops in the bottom; in the meantime, this is going on the ISO list.

Eris is a very fierce candylike scent--I'm particularly getting Watermelon Jolly Rancher--but the spices still keep it in "fierce" territory. I have no idea whether watermelon is a prominent note or the watermelon-like essence comes from the mingling of one of the florals with the fruit; usually I'm not a huge fan of watermelon, but the way it's fired up by the spices here makes this blend an exception. This is where I thank my skin for amping things like cinnamon :lol:

This scents is very sweet, a strong combination of bubble gum and fruity candy. When first applied there's a bitter, nasty note beneath the sweetness which makes this terrible for the first 10 minutes or so. After that the blend becomes exclusively a sweet candy scent again.

Interesting, but not one of my favorites.

On me, this is the worst scent I've ever tried. It smells... poopy. My spreadsheet gained an extra column just so I could note that this traumatized me. :lol: