• Members
  • 13,099 posts
  • Mood:BPAL Beast Mode
  • SotD:Permanently TALed UP
  • Ram
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 13 September 2017 - 12:19 AM

...notes of church incense, ornate gold, old lace, and dust.

This one smells like a softer more Lace interpretation of Calaveras Catrinas. There's a bit of sugar, but it's mainly lace, incense, and just smells old, Mexican and churchy. Low throw but good wear length.

#2 brineydeep

brineydeep

evil enabler

• Members
  • 378 posts
  • SotD:Dead Leaves, Chamomile, Red Rose, and White Tea
  • Pig
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 06 October 2017 - 10:29 PM

Fresh from the mailbox!

This is a resin fest on my skin. I liken it to my favorite Ecclesiastic Excesses but lighter. It's all dust and resiny incense; soft and slight sweet without screaming church (at least to me). I think I might have a new favorite resin scent. It's lovely.

#3 Bluestblood

Bluestblood

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 587 posts
  • Mood:Connected
  • SotD:13 Hours
  • Monkey
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 07 October 2017 - 10:53 PM

This is incredible. It starts off almost entirely frankincense heavy church incense on me with hints of what seems like copal and amber. As it dries, this dusty brittle vanilla pops out that reminds me of Antique Lace.

#4 LizziesLuck

LizziesLuck

1/32 too few

• Members
  • 4,962 posts
  • Mood:Content
  • SotD:Eau de Ghoul
  • Ox
  • Aries
  • Canada

Posted 28 October 2017 - 12:01 AM

I shouldn't be trying this yet, it's a resin scent and it just arrived in the mail and I should be letting it settle...but I NEED to know if I should be ordering the HG!!

Wet: So just in case you didn't know, Frank and I don't get along well. I think he's a bully. And this is a Frankincense scent, for sure. But it's like...VANILLA Frank, and vanilla and I are best mates. Somehow vanilla managed to take Frank in-hand and force him to behave, and this is GORGEOUS so far. Good lord, I love this. I must look ridiculous, the way my face is stuffed into the crook of my elbow. The scent is lighter than I would have anticipated, it doesn't smack you in the face with incense. It smells antique. And expensive.

Dry: This is difficult to describe. There's a pale golden Frankincense, light and sweet and beautiful. It's sort of enveloped in this dry, dusty vanilla. It's really gorgeous. Different, and interesting while still being elegant and wearable. Glad I sprung for a bottle. Will be getting at least a decant of the HG.

#5 Jenjin

Jenjin

sexy swapper

• Members
  • 702 posts
  • Mood:Curious Cat
  • SotD:Flickering Lantern
  • Monkey
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 31 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

This one was a MUST HAVE even before I read the notes. I have been fortunate enough to have spent much time in the D.F. In fact, it is my favorite place on earth. The people, the food, the celebration, the energy and the history all stole my heart. I am not certain I will ever return back to it, but I hold all sorts of amazing memories from my time there. The resins in Mummies takes me back to standing outside the Zocolo Cathedral. The shaman with their smoking urns and skulls chanting and healing.

Sweet and soft like drifting ash, the frankincense glimmers like gold mixed with a laced vanilla. The woodiness really comes through after drydown, and it gets all soothing and sacred like just after the resins hit the sparking charcoal and you know the mummies down below are knocking bones cause it smells like god's fuzzy blanket. This one is firmly imprinted in my scent memory and I keep longing for it. I must wrap myself in this beautiful shroud once again and again. 

Edited by Jenjin, 31 October 2017 - 02:42 PM.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Haute Macabre

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users