Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Heavenlyrabbit

Nabby Gardner's Holiday Globules

Deck your halls with Nabby Gardner's Holiday Globules - the colors are out of this world! Luminous and possibly sentient, they make a fine addition to your holiday décor!

It's like the twinkling colored lights on a Christmas Tree.

Bright, sweet fruits with something vaguely kind of ozone.

Kind of a fun, sporty fruit scent.

I do not like ozone but I do like this. Want a bottle for sure.

The impression I got from my first sniff of the bottle was a fruity fizziness (ozone?) and a luminous quality that brings to mind 51 or Enchanted Wood Florist without smelling like either. I will hazard a few probably incorrect guesses about the fruits: pomegranate, berry of some sort, and something indefinably citrusy, possibly kumquat? I also detect something lightly floral that to my nose seems very similar to whatever floral notes go into Night-Gaunt.

Altogether a very intriguing scent ... in the bottle. Alas, Globules turns aloe-y as it dries down, or at least something that's a dead ringer for the way aloe amps on my skin. :cry2: Sorry Globules, you need someone with kinder skin chemistry than mine.

Wet in vial: Sweet candy-like smell...not overpowering.

On Skin: Still sweet, but something almost floral pops out. I seem to be sensitive to any tiny amount of florals, and they scream from me, so on me, it is almost like what a fake flower would smell like, but not plastic ones, if that makes sense.

Drydown: Stays pretty much the same...ends up a sweet floral on me...very girly in my opinion, but not too overbearing, just not for me.

In bottle: Fruity and sweet. I’m having a hard time parsing out the individual fruits, maybe mango? Kumquat? Some sort of rich red berry for sure and likely pomegranate. It also smells a bit like swedish fish. It may have that fizzy carbonation scent they use for things like sparkling cider or champagne. It’s definitely a good fit for the concept. Wet: The thing I’m thinking is kumquat and the fizzy ozone carbonation thing are strongest with the pomegranate and berries a close second. I’m now suspecting incense such as nag chasmpa and maybe some metallics like tin or silver or iron, though I’m having trouble sorting out which. The metallics slowly creep into second place with the carbonation staying dominant. Dry: Mostly incense, with metallic traces.

This is super fruity and bright in the imp, and I was totally excited until I actually put it on my skin.

I love fizzy candy scents, Treat #1 and Spinning Metallic Multicolored Pinwheel are two of my favorite scents for summer. In the imp I'm smelling some citrus and berry fruity notes, and something a bit metallic and clean.

I am one of those people who amp ozone to dryer-sheets levels, and that's what happened here. There is definitely an ozone component to this scent, and all I can smell now is laundry. Laundry overwhelming. For people whose skin chemistries are more kind to ozoney notes, this could be amazing. God this is so terrible on me I'm going to have to wash it off. :(

This is a sweet, fruity candy smell (kinda reminds me of sweet tarts or the lab's pomegranate note) with a sharp, soapy undertone. I'm not really into this type of tart, heavy fruit scent or soapy scents, so this isn't working for me. It's reminding me of aged Lovers in a Carp Streamer, so maybe it has some cranberry or red currant to it as well.

This started like a tangerine or lemon lolipop. It doesn't last a long time on me. It fades down to a clean scent. It would be nice for someone who wants a soft citrus scent for day time.

Ozone citrus candy. This smells like lemon candy, with an airy quality that smells fruity that you get from a scent like 51. In some ways it makes me think of Tempest + Batty.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Clean and fruity, but with a floral in the background. I'm useless at detecting specific florals other than the obvious ones but some sort of white tropical/southern bloom. It would be a nice summer scent for someone but is has too much of the wrong sort of floral for me and it turns to laundry scent.

So like many of us.. I had to try this, because I was intrigued by it having no listed notes. When the update went live, people were talking about this one being about Christmas tree decorations - those shiny coloured metal ones - so I guess I was expecting something metallic? I dunno...

Anyways - nothing metallic! YAY! Like other reviewers have said, this is like candy - I'm guessing there's some pomegranate in here, some strawberry, some lime, and something else.. passionfruit, maybe? It has a tropical candy smell on my skin, rather than a fruity candy as others have mentioned. I'm pretty sure there's a musk in here too - or perhaps an amber or sandalwood? It's light, but I am definitely picking up a dry musky vvibe. I'm also not getting anything particularly 'fizzy' here - if anything, it's slightly dusty in tone - nor any ozone. Just... yummy candy smells, but not in an obviously foody way - it's like the smell of candy, without actually being the smell of candy. Like that makes sense, right? Heh.

This would have been the perfect BPAL to wear for my 6th birthday party - it's cute, in a girly bubblegummy lollipoppy kinda way. A fun scent :smile:

Having a hard time figuring out the notes here, but the nearest I can tell, is it's slightly tart oranges or other citrus fruit, but sweet in a jolly rancher kind of way. I want to eat this, or drink this as a slurpee. There is a teeny bit of bright musk here as well, maybe a green one? Fun, would be nice for summer, but I don't think I need any more.

In the decant: Tropical (?) fruits, some ozone, a hint of something metallic.

Wet: Bright citrus fruits with some other fruit, perhaps cranberry or pom for a sour sharpness.

The dry-down: Well, these holiday globules are interesting, but only in a mild sort of way. I'm glad the metallic note disappeared, but mourned the loss of the ozone note. A mix of various fruits that strangely vacillates between sweet and sour (however, nothing like sweet-and-sour sauce). I'll have to see how this does on the SO.

Chilled, bright fruits, mostly lemon and tangerine. Definitely more on the tart side and not overtly sweet. There's a hint of light musk and snow, slightly minty. Overall, I get a pale orange vibe, almost pastel. It dries dusty with an undercurrent of sour fruit juice.

Fragrant, perfumey fruit. Really nice! I’m not sure I’d go as far as fizzy, but there’s something wavery-tingly about this in the imp. On skin, it's a dry orange scent, very subtle and clean. I like it!

Try this one if you like Kuang Shi or Akuma.

There's something in the back of this, I don't enjoy, maybe it's the ozone, I dunno, but I sniff it and I enjoy the vibrant fruitiness upfront, then I'm like ugh no.

Six years after release, I am getting tart florals, very green smelling. A bright scent, but I can pick out the fruits--perhaps cranberry citrus? It's mostly green florals on me. I'm not that into that sort of perfume, so I'll give it away, but it's inoffensive.

Another test courtesy of the kind & generous @Lucchesa.

In the bottle, I smelled green herbs, soft florals, possibly white musk, & fruit. That's my daughter's jam, so we both tried it on. 

My girl immediately said "Dandelions! and vegetables!" I could sort of get dandelions, but no vegetables. However, she was backed up by our hairstylist. "Cooked vegetables."

So we struck out with the Globules. Me because the florals & fruits turned soapy (which is why I suspect white musk,) & Teadaughter because...vegetables. 

I'm getting a very tart berry and something a bit sharp and clean like ozone or a storng white musk from this? After a while, an astringent white tea or lemony citrus joins the party.

This one is too tart and sharp for me, but it was nice to get to try it.