Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
cfrancesca

Anne Beany

ANNE BEANY
This year, Lilith, our little Beans, is having a pirate-themed party, and the perfume created to commemorate her second birthday possesses a silly, playful scent - a toddler's nod to cartoon pirates. Rum cheesecake with a hardtack crust, topped with rum ice cream and a drizzle of butterscotch topping.

Happy birthday, my angel! I cannot believe you're already two!

This is pretty amazing! In the bottle and for the first few minutes I mostly get butterscotch and rum, but, little by little, the cheesecake starts amping like crazy on my skin and becomes a sinfully rich rum and butterscotch cheesecake. It's like a mix of Creepy (without the apple), Beaver Moon 05, and lots of extra buttery, slightly salty butterscotch on top, I don't get too much ice cream but there is a creaminess throughout. This one is super foody and strong.

ETA: A few hrs. later it's still going strong but most of the cheesecake has faded, it's now mostly butterscotch and rum ice cream. It's interesting how this scent changes! Edited by emzebel

In bottle: Tasty, tasty rum dominant, with a pleasing cheesecake and crust note and a soft creamy thing going on underneath. It’s very well suited to the concept. Wet: The rum gets richer and deeper. It is sweeter than it is in other rum related scents in the catalog, again, well suited to the concept. The butterscotch ice cream and crust both go beautifully with the dominant rum note and my skin just loves this, though not as much as it loves some of the less foody applications, Like Mad Sweeney. I do recommend it, but I do want to make clear how much sweeter and creamier it is than the other usages in the catalog, so YMMV. Dry: The crust is proportionally stronger, and the ice cream degrades a little, but it’s still nice enough.

Extremely nummy! Rum and cheesecake. :yum: I definitely begin to smell the butterscotch as it begins to dry. If you like foody/dessert blends, this one is worth trying. ;)

Wet this is very rum and cheesecake, with a slightly woody backnote. I dunno if it just needed more time to settle or if my nose was off, who knows. Dry it's very creamy and butterscotch with rum. It has a decent amount of throw too. I applied this last night and about 12 hours later it's still there- I woke up this morning to a very creamy rum butterscotch greeting my nose. Gorgeous blend!

This is heavy on the butterscotch and rum in the bottle and when first applied, to the point of being a little overwhelming. But then the cheesecake comes out more, and it settles into a well-balanced, delicious scent. It is a little reminiscent of Beaver Moon 05, but drizzled with a rum butterscotch sauce. Tasty!

mmmmm butterscotch!!!! this is uber butterscotchy and rum-my at first but then the cheesecake note starts to appear. I love that I can actually smell the crust too! creamy pirate cheesecake!

I have been wearing this to go to sleep for the past 2 nights and its very comforting :)

Nom nom nom nom.......!!!!!!!!!! THIS is by far a new favorite of mine! Sinfully rich rum laced butterscotch, creamy delicious ice cream and just a hint of cheesecake! Butterscotch is definitely the dominant note here, with a bit of the crust peeking through. If you love foody scents, you will LOVE this!!

Mmm, this is so delicious-smelling. On me, it's mostly rum ice cream, with some sticky-yet-creamy butterscotch. If I sniff closely, I think I can get a little bit of cheesecake and the crust. Overall, it's just.. :yum:

ETA: I've finally gotten a chance to try Grog, and it and Anne Beany are very, veeerrry similar. I do really love the ice cream in Anne Beany, though.

Edited by plainjean

First I just want to say the artwork on this is ADORABLE! Unfortunately it never got beyond really strong butterscotch and rum on me. Even before my dh screwed up his face, I knew that sadly this wasn't for me. I'll just find someone else to love it. ;)

I'm surprised I like this, because one of my CT Vanillas is heavy on the butterscotch and is very unwearable. This really smells like sinfully rich cheesecake drizzled with warm butterscotch rum sauce. It starts off chokingly sweet wet and on skin, but begins to dry down to a wearable and delicious scent. Several minutes later, my skin smells like I dusted it with my Urban Decay Sparkling Lickable Body Powder (it's caramel flavored).

Mmmmmmmmmm. Unexpected winner. :wub2:

I wasn't expecting to like this, because since I was a child, I didn't like rum in desserts (and haven't changed my stance)...nor do I like liquor notes as a rule.

But when I was gifted with a tester, I tried it on and like--woah! Throw and longevity like you wouldn't believe. And most of it smells like sweet nummy butterscotch cheesecake that reminds me oddly of Mitzvah...but there's that sour rum note that makes me say, "Do I need this?" In the 100 hours that this scent lasts, the rum note eventually departs.

I am very tempted to take the bottle plunge.

Edited by tarotgirl

In the Bottle: Not what I was hoping for. I've never liked the smell of rum (in perfumes anyway) because It reminds me of banana flavored bubble gum. I thought that since the rum in this is meant to be virgin, it might be ok. I was wrong. Sooo..... in the bottle banana flavored bubble gum (aka rum), butterscotch, and ice cream

Wet on Skin: Rum, butterscotch, ice cream, & a hint of cheesecake crust (not the actual cheesecake mind you, just the crust)

Dry: Lots and lots of rum, lots and lots of butterscotch (I like butterscotch, but this is just too much of it at once), cheesecake crust, & just a hint of ice cream. After about 1/2 hr, the cheesecake crust get far stronger and the rum gets considerably weaker. After about 1 hour, I can finally smell just a tiny hint of cheesecake, but it never gets stronger than that

I had wanted an ice cream and cheesecake scent with a little crust and butterscotch and only a touch of rum. What I got was a rum, butterscotch, and crust scent with only touches of ice cream and cheesecake

This smells to me really, really similar to Spring Training 2008 - caramelly, and almost pancakey. It smells a little creamier and has more vanilla in it, though, almost like Spring Training with Delectable Putrescence. I don't get much rum, but... almost like tirimasu without the coffee. Delicate sponge cake, caramel, cream, butterscotch. Not all of BPAL's caramel notes work on me very well, and this one turns ashy on me after an hour or two, but it's still very nice.

I have to say I'm on the fence about this one. :think: I get the rum, I get the butterscotch, I get a little creaminess and a hint of cheesecake, but something in this is going faintly plastic on my skin. :confused: Doesn't morph on drydown. I think I'd best give this some time to settle down and try it again later. If what I get changes, I'll edit.

Butterscotch! I was a wee bit worried that the rum in this would make it too boozy for wearing out and about it polite society (heh) but although it's present it's not dominant. This reminds me a bit of a rum cake my grandma used to make, and there's definitely an ice-creaminess about it (I also am reminded a bit of Destestable Putrescence). Weirdly it doesn't smell like Beaver Moon to me at all and you'd think with the cheesecake, it would. Butterscotch, rum, and ice cream are what I get, and it's absolutely delicious! A winner.

Oh lordy. I'm a total foody, so when I saw the description for this I knew I would have to try it. I love the lab's cheesecake and ice cream notes. Rum can be iffy, but since this virgin booze, maybe it won't be too intense! Mmm..in the bottle this is rummy cheesecakey yumminess! Omnom!

This is definitely yummy on my skin-I really am enjoying the crust note and the rum is not super boozy, which is usually my problem with booze. The only reason I am not 100% on this is because from far away, it smells a LOT like Beaver'versary on me. Up close I can tell the difference, but from a normal distance, the cheesecake note appears to be the same...

Ok, I went back and sniffed Beaverversary and they definitely are different. Anne Beany does seem to be an amalgamation of other bpals, though I plasticy if I really stick my nose in it, but mostly it's just omnomnomlicious. I totally recommend this to foody lovers, or if you like scents like Beaverversary and Detestable Putrescence. I'm not 100% sure I'm going to keep this but I am definitely going to hold onto it for now and see how much I wear it :x

Edited by Suu4LC

Both of my bottles of Anne Beany have a weird line in them where the oil has separated. In one the separation is at the top of the bottle and the other the separation is near the bottom. The one with the line at the top smells more cheesecakey and the one with the line at the bottom smells like tons of butterscotch and rum. I rolled them carefully to mix the scent back up, but they still smell different from each other and separate again pretty quickly. Both bottles are directly from the lab and came from the same order. Anyhow.

The butterscotch-heavy Anne Beany reminds me of Creepy 06 at first (which was almost all boozy, sharp butterscotch on me) and then MVJBA Spring Training 2008 in the drydown (warm caramel popcorn and a bit of salt). It's an intensely sweet, heavy, warm, caramelized scent. Over time the scent starts to calm down and I can smell more of a vanilla-y cheesecake tone to it. It's prety strong and has good staying power (lasts about 5 hours on me).

My cheesecake-heavy bottle reminds me of the original Beaver Moon. It's like vanilla-y cheesecake, maybe a touch sour, and a warm, buttery, graham cracker crust. The oil in this bottle is really light and doesn't have a lot of throw on me, only lasting about an hour.

Butterscotch cake. It really is butterscotch, with a tinge of cheesecake and a hint of rum. But the butterscotch is heavier - sweet, heavy, caramel like.

Sweet, sugary, foodie.

I was worried about this one, basically because I craved Grog for the longest time and then when I finally got my hands on an imp and tried it, it turned to burned plastic on my skin. I'm still a bit upset about that now :( Anyway, the rum note in Anne Beany did worry me, but upon trying it this morning I can officially say that it does work on my skin!

Wet in the bottle I get the sweetness of the cheesecake and on my skin it settles into a syrupy rum-butterscotch. The label art is beautiful (how cute is Lilith, really?) and... I think I may need another bottle >__< This is foodie LOVE!

Bottle: Butterscotch!!!!!! OMG, can't wait to slap some on.

Wet: Uh-oh, not sure. There was some threats of plastic brewing, which will make me very unhappy.

Dry: The threat subsided and we sailed for a red sunset. There was a bit of time where I kept catching whiffs of a sour milk note, but eventually it went away and we went back to butterscotch happiness. I can't really tell if there was any rum or cheesecake in this one. Its all butterscotch to me (or even like buttershots) but that doesn't bother me, I am quite enamoured. Wonder if I need to stock up.

And I'd say this one is definetely a cousin of Grog. :)

In the bottle - Sweet rum and biscuits

Wet on me - A perculiar bananary scent creeps in

Dry on me - An oddly dusty scent, there are hints of that gorgeous thick rum/butterscotch sauce, but it's smothered by the dust

Overall - I guess my skin chemistry didn't approve of this one