Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Zephyr

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

Zephyr reminded me of snuggling up against my Mom when I was little at the beach - it had some smell to it that was similar to something she used to wear. It wasn't quite suntan lotion, but something else.... which I finally realized was the smell of old-skool neutrogena glycerin soap (the clear brown bars). Once I made that association, that's all I can get Zephyr to smell like. Which isn't a bad smell at all, just not one I'd go out of my way to get more of.

Stolen from review above, this is very much white sandalwood, vanilla and musk notes, with a hint of powdery finish at the end.

I see how this COULD be masculine...but not sure. I will have to swipe some on the DH wrists when he returns home.

Very lovely oil though. Another imp of this would be perfect.

:P

I don't know why, but I got it into my head that Zephyr would be sugared lemons. :P

I was wrong. My skin latches on to the sandalwood in this blend and amplifies it to an unpleasant degree. Apart from that, I can smell musk and a bit of powdery-ness. I find it to be quite masculine, and not at all "me." Too bad! Sugared lemons would have been divine (even though I have no idea why I expected that, based on the description!).

Oh well, off to the swap pile!

Mmmm... Zephyr smells good! I would describe it as being unisex, I think it would work well on a guy too. :P I expected it to be lemony in the extreme. I was glad to be wrong there. And for once white musk has decided to play nice on my skin. It dries down to a soft, slightly powdery vanilla/ bergamot combination. I assume the musk and sandalwood are contributing to the soft feel... I can't stop sniffing my wrist. Very light and not too sweet- perfect for the hotter months of the year.

I should have known I’d like this one right away. Vanilla and Sandalwood, two of my favorite notes. Its warm….soft but warm….sexy. As it dries it gets even softer, almost floral but in a good way….thank god. Must be the Vanilla making it a bit more of a sweeter floral. This would smell incredible on almost any woman I think. I like it and would probably wear it from time to time, but not enough to buy a bigger bottle.

This is beautiful and light and perfect for spring. The vanilla and sandalwood are prominant on my skin, as is the slighest tang of citrus and neroli. If this scent was a color, it would be a pale creamy yellow-green.

Love it! :P

I received a partial imp of Zephyr as a gift along with 6 other imps. Since my friend had personally fallen in love with Zephyr, I tried it the same night I got the package.

In the bottle: a light, clean lemony floral. It reminded me a bit of the "clean" smell that Febreeze tends to generate, without the chemical undertone.

On skin initially: soft, sweet flowers. No hint of lemon or any distinct notes.

After an hour: Baby lotion. Strong, overpowering, baby-after-bath-and-lotion scent.

It was quickly nixed by hubby and sons as a perfume for mom. :P

However, I have dabbed some of it on cotton balls and tucked them into all my desk drawers at work. It makes for a wonderful scent as I open drawers throughout the day!

In Bottle: Floral, with a musk trail.

On Skin: I think I smell the neroli strongest. The white florals are 2nd in line… I’m not sensing any fruit or vanilla yet. The musks and sandalwood give a nice spicy depth. The description of a “white scent” is perfect. I could see wearing this while wearing a white linen outfit on the beach. I think I smell of bit of the vanilla giving the scent a sweet tone… but still no fruit…

I was trying a bunch of scents that were similar to Embalming Fluid, which is one of my favorites. I decided to give Zephyr a whirl.

Vial: Slightly lemon with some light florals.

Wet: No lemon at all! Definitely sandalwood with florals & some musk, but only a little bit.

Dry: Musk is gone. It's mostly sandalwood & the florals are much stronger.

Eh. I don't really like this scent either. I like lemon & lemon verbena, some green tea, but anything with florals destroys the scent for me. I'm going to have to pass on this one as well.

I swapped for this one. I had been curious to try it because one reviewer compared it to "Sweet Honesty" which was the only perfume I wore as a child, but I have grown wary of white floras. Happily, this actually worked beautifully on my skin. When wet it was indeed very like "Sweet Honesty" - instant nostalgia.

As it dries it grows softer. The lemon and musk blend, equal in strength. This becomes powdery in the final stages, as often happens for me with vanilla, but I have a feeling I will love this as a sunny and warm summer scent.

Zephyr is a lovely, light citrus on me. I was hoping for more vanilla, something that would stick around a little longer but this blend went poof in less that 15 minutes :P . At least the sandalwood didn't make it too dry...

In the bottle this is very tart and citrusy. It hit me high in the nose.

Wet, it's a bit more subtle, but all I can really detect is the lemon. Up close it's nice, sweet lemon. Far away, it smells like bug repellent.

As it dries, the soft florals and musks pop out, almost surpassing the lemon note, but not quite. The vanilla is there but very faint. I catch only glimpses of it from time to time. It starts to get a bit soapy as time goes on, but the musks prevent it from going too far into that territory.

Zephyr is a lovely, light blend that get's softer with wear. Now, most of the lemon has disappeared and the rest of the notes remain. I'm torn as I love this phase, but the beginning phase is a bit too sharp for me.

~Zephyr~

In the bottle

light lemony vanilla

On

Wow. Nice. I've smelled alot of the labs lemony scents and this is the also best one to date. Sometimes they turn rather lemon pledge like on my skin depending what the other ingredients are but this is very pleasant. Nothing about this is too strong nor too weird, etc.

30 minutes

It's lovely. This is going to have to be a slatherer. It's light and I can't get enough. This is one of those obsessive sniffing blends lol.

Throw:

Medium

Scent category:

citrus/floral/spicey

Summary

The floral, musk and lemon are the strongest notes on my skin followed by the vanilla, sandalwood, and lastly the bergamot. More perfumey, sweeter and sexier then Embalming Fluid, June Gloom or The Star. I'm very fortunate to have found this as I was done with the lemon blends for awhile.

Purchase again?

Yes a 5ml

1-5 rating, 5 being best.

Edited by UltraViolet

Zephyr is a cloud of bees on a warm spring breeze. It is sweetened breath.... honeyed tongue. It IS a sweet wind. The kind of wind with spring on it.... warm, buzzing in your mouth, cotton cloud textured.... it is a BREEZE. This has captured perfectly a spring breeze on a warm day... though perhaps sweeter, a utopian breeze in a perfect world set in eternal spring.

I like it but not anything I'm going to buy big bottles of. Just not my personality. :P

Zephyr is another one of those fragrances that gets pushed to the back of the queue by flashier blends, only to get noticed later when you have time to focus.

It's dainty and pretty, faintly ozone and floral -- a cool and rain-tinged breeze being pushed ahead of a spring storm.

Wet: light lemony sweetness with a soft musky powdery finish.

Dry: Sweet, fuzzy, floral powder, no lemon.

Overall, this is a very soft, sweet, pretty scent, but a little non-descript on me. I'd like a little more lemon, and for the lemon to last a little longer. Nice, but not a keeper.

This smelled wonderful when I first put it on, the lemon and vanilla came out strongly and it was such a wonderfully creamy scent. However, after about five minutes, the musk took over and smelled like nothing but baby powder. I hate it when a great BPAL scent turns to baby powder on my skin. Boo. :P

This went baby powder on me very quickly as well. I don't expect it to change much from that, but I'll edit if it does. :P

Edited by moukin

zephyr.jpg

Another blend with everything in it but the kitchen sink. It is white, it is pleasant, it is good for spring and summer. It is a bit floral, it does last, it is inoffensive.

But it is undistinguished and confused as I don't get any theme from the scent. All of the elements are jostling each other for prominence and none are similar enough to start a line, if you know what I mean.

I have come to find out that a scent has to have a similarity of SOME ingredients so that there is a general theme which takes us to the various beautiful sections. Sometimes the ingredients seem to be outlandish, but a genius perfumer will recognize the relationships between disparate parts and blend them together to make a harmonious whole, and the entire blend becomes something more (the whole>the sum of the parts). On the other hand, if ingredients have nothing really in common beside they are "nice" or "floral" or "white", a perfume can be mediocre. Not bad, just not a memorable scent. Sad to say that Zephyr falls into this category for me.

Please note that this is one person's opinion. You may find Zephyr to be the "you" scent you have been looking for. Also, my reviews are products of my experience and skin chemistry. However, I chose to be candid and to explore what it is about fragrance that either entrances me or doesn't move me.

Not a bad scent by any means, but not something which breaks new ground or raises a trend to new levels. I would say it would be perfect for a "stuffy": day at the office, evening at the PTA, or put in a bathbomb (where you are not demanding genius).

Review Zephyr

Bottle (Imp): It smells pretty fresh, herby, a little breezy, and there *might* be a hint of citrus?

Just On: There might be something sweet in this, but it sure isn't much. I still think that maybe there is citrus, but it's very faint.

An hour or two later: It's still herby, but also some kind of wood note too. And I can smell flowers. That doesn't bode well all too often.

Around 6 hours: I'm amping the flowers, and I don't like it. I can almost exclusively smell flowers now. There is a hint of wood of some kind, but the flowers are just too much for it.

12 hours: The flowers did finally dry down to a powder, but this was not a scent I'll be comfortable wearing. It's almost gone now, and I'm not complaining.

Overall: It wasn't too bad, but it wasn't my style. The fresh herby scent at first was nice, but it doesn't last.

After reading other reviews: I didn't get the strong lemon and vanilla scent (in fact, I'm not sure I was smelling vanilla at all). Since I amped up the florals, I guess this one is a goner for me. Too bad, I really thought I could like this one.

On me it's a very sharp windy smell at first, and then it settles and the vanilla comes out with just a slight edge of sandalwood. Very nice, though I'd have to test it again to see if it's the right thing for me.

Nose tried to convince me it was a floral at first--then settled into Tombstone, minus the cedar. Rounded, deep, almost masculine. Later, VERY masculine. Resembles a commercial scent, to me.

I can smell the musk, lemon, neroli, and bergamot...this is a very breezy, fresh, soft scent, and absolutely lovely :D If there's vanilla here, maybe it gives this blend it's softness...I can't really make it out as an individual note :P

This is wonderful, and I want a 5 ml :D