Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
chai_girl

Zephyr

A gentle white scent, breezes laced with the scent of springtime blooms and citrus. Lemon, lemon verbena, neroli, white musk, white florals, white sandalwood, China musk, bergamot and a drop of vanilla.

In the bottle: Ooh. Lemons and fabric softener! And a hint of cream and softness.

Wet: WOAH. SPICE! My skin just exploded this oil and kicked it up 743984 notches. The lemon is still there, but now there's cinammon and the cream has disappeared.

Dry down: Still very amplified. I only put a drop or two on each wrist and it's throwing like mad. My boyfriend could smell it across the apartment. Full of spice now. I think the soft creamy smell from the beginning is scared and hiding.

30 minutes later: Softer now. Still has spice notes, but the softness has come back (yay!)

At the end of the day (several hours later): Still soft and spicy. This one has huge staying power on me!

Overall rating: Good. A little OMG STRONG at first, but I like what this scent becomes.

OMG this is one of my now must have oils. I got this as a frimp (Yay!) and I couldn't stop sniffing myself all day! On me the notes that I got were the vanilla and white musk and lemon/bergamot. It is a really creamy and light scent and really uplifting. I imagine if it were an object/colour it would be a white cheesecloth tablecloth with pale lemon piping.

I have ordered a bottle of this (and so has my mum upon sneaking a sniff from my frimp!)

My Impression:

While wet I got the citrus and spice overwhelming anything else, but after it dried down, I finally detected the sweet florals. It does seem to have more than enough throw to it and has dried into a totally beautiful blend...My scale of 1-5....4

I get mostly the lemons, vanilla, and bergamot. The white musk sneeks up after a time. These are not bad things, but I find this scent on me oddly cloying and oppresive feeling.

It reminds me a little of Van Van but without the vetiver from that scent.

Edited by urraca

in the imp: very clean and fresh and light -- the China musk and bergamot are coming through strongest for me, and it seems like this will be a perfect fit.

wet: big smack of white floral and what must be the sandalwood. deceptive little imp doesn't small like it did a second ago and my eyes are watering a bit from it. i don't think you did this when i first tried you.

dry-down: ooph! i've morphed into a musky, slightly floral powder smell. clean, and fresh, but not me. i definitely don't remember this from the first couple times of wearing it.

ten hours later: still smell fresh and powdery. amazing staying power, this one, but afraid you are into the swap box you devilish little imp.

Wet:

If this stays as good, as sweet, as tangy lemon gorgeous as it is in the wet phase then I'm in love.

Dry: The musk mellows the lemon so nicely..reminds me a bit of Dorian and Severin mixed. I'm in love. It has a bit of Lemon Pledge if my skin is too cold so it's not a winter scent, but the Lemon Pledge reminds me of my neat freak mother, so it's not so bad. :P

In the bottle: Light, floral, powdery.

Wet: Instant soap and baby powder. This one isn't going to work for sure. In fact, I had to wash it off; it was pricking my allergies. Nrrgh.

Zephyr

Got this in a swap with ephemera, and she warned me it didn't smell like her other Zephyr, so feel free to ignore this review.

To me, this is a generic fresh, clean, green, herbal, citrusy scent, a bit artificial smelling. Nice enough but not very interesting. My sister did appreciate it more though.

This is a very clean scent to my nose. The lemon is there, as are the florals, but in a way that reminds me of laundry. It's nicely sweet and delicate.

The scent faded into a mild, citrus musk, but quickly disappeared. It's pretty, but not substantive enough for me.

Zephyr:

In the bottle: It smells smoky

Wet: Still smells smoky, but like ash. Burnt flowers?

Drying: It smells like Ivory soap.... hm..

Drydown: I LOVE this! away went the soap smell, out came a warm, sweet smell.. like sugar and flowers? I wish I knew notes, to say what notes I smell! The more I smell it, the more I'm in love with it!

Conclusion: keep imp, and any same frimps that come my way.

White, light, musky, powdery. For a small period of time, just after drying, it smelled like baby powder and baby oil on me. But that went away shortly and after an hour of wearing it I began to smell more of the citrus and florals. Very nice and uplifting. Breezy, if I may.

I give this a 3 out of 5 stars (which is pretty good IMO; anything 3 and higher is kept on hand in my horde). :P

ADDED Nov. 27:

I tried this and liked it, though it went very powdery for a while. Overall, it's nice and light and very pretty but it didn't WOW me. I would call it good but nondescript. Maybe 2 out of 5 stars?

The one thing I had to share, though, is what I smelled when I spilled this onto my little notebook: baby oil and baby powder. When I was young (and dumb) I used to suntan every summer, and my friends and I would slather baby oil all over our legs and arms to help us tan faster. Zephyr smells like baby oil to me. And now I smell it whenever I open my notebook. O_o

In the Bottle: Lovely. Absolutely lovely. The chinamusk and bergamot work magnificently together. I can’t smell the vanilla in it at all. Which might be a good thing since I am not overly fond of vanilla but I know it mixes well with other scents.

Wet: Oh there’s the vanilla! It’s no longer showing any bergamot and I wish it was! Maybe the vanilla will burn off. *crosses fingers!*

Drydown: Unfortunately…..the vanilla never went away. The bergamot was eaten long ago by it and although the china musk put up a good fight, it eventually succumb to the will of the almighty vanilla. For shame.

I do not usually like citrus or light musks, but go figure...I love this! It is fresh and clean without being ozone-y, bitter, or sharp. The citrus fades quickly to reveal a few soft blooms (fressia? peony?), then to the most beautiful, sexy and sweet musk. The wood is a bit grounding. Amazing. I see myself wearing this all summer...

in vial: smells like a doctor's office, or a hospital. like rubbing alcohol.

wet: rubbing alcohol smell goes away, a very light slightly lemon, incensey china rain smell.

I usually hate lemon scents unless they are fresh and sweet and very light. and this is great. it reminds me of skin so soft in a way, just not vile. very fresh.

dry: now it is getting sweeter as it dries. a bit more floral. this is very nice.

I thought I was going to hate this when I saw lemon in the description. but I really like it :P

Lemon zest and Vanilla!

Yummy!

This is so crisp and refreshing! A perfect spring party scent! As it fades it turns into a clean dryer sheet *but in a good way* scent.

This was a frimp in my last order. I would not have normally chosen it because I don't like lemon verbena, but this is very fresh.

I get the light musks, bergamot, with a twinge of lemon.

I'm glad I got this one

In the imp this smelled kind of sweet, so I had my doubts about it. I put just a tiny bit on my wrists and

BOOM! I am smacked in the face with something that reminds me of bad men's aftershave. I think the musk is disagreeing with my skin in a big and serious way. And it's INTENSE. There is nothing gentle about this scent on me. It seems like something Steve Martin would have worn when he was being a "wild and crazy guy" on Saturday Night Live, almost sleazy.

Well, everyone's different, and I'm glad it works for some people, but this is going in the swap pile as soon as I try to scrub it off.

I don't get the scent as described at all and spent a good chunk of the day trying to figure out what I smelled like.

After poking through this thread, I figured it out.

Both in the bottle and just applied, this smells like Love's Baby Soft to me. After about an hour of wear, it is even more powdery and a tiny bit spicy.

I'll likely give it another try to see if the results are the same though if they are I think it'll be one for those rare occasions of nostalgia.

In the bottle/imp: This smells like lemon pie filling tastes - very lemony, but not tart, rather a creamy sweet lemon.

Wet, on my skin: The lemon soon dissipates, leaving a very fresh, clean vanilla scent.

Drydown: The white musk and sandalwood really emerge here, slightly sweetened by the lingering vanilla.

This is a terrific scent!! It smells clean without smelling like baby powder, and dries down to a lovely, warm white musk. This is definitely one of those scents that just smells like my skin, only better.

I will definitely be getting a bottle of this!

my first thought on smelling this one in the imp was, "OMG, Jovan White Musk!" (which was one of my favourite perfumes for years, so already, gold star!) i then noted that another reviewer mentioned sweet honesty, & i could see why! but THEN, i came to the end page of reviews and saw that jasper had compared it to Love's Baby Soft; & i thought, "THAT'S IT! that's it exactly."

they all three ring true for me, because this is such a soft, sweet, feminine scent on me, distinctly musk/powder (no lemon for me). &i do love my musks! :)

i am getting a luscious & languid vanilla note as well, which is adding a subtle creaminess to it, and just nnnngghhh, i love it. i love it!!

Oh I thought I would like this one. But it smells of baby oil and worse yet... baby.

I find this scent actually turns my stomach a little.

Zephyr

in vial: I can barely smell anything...this smells very faintly of musk

wet: the same...hardly any scent at all

dry: ok, now I smell the lemon, vanilla and musk

verdict: a nice blend, but I don't need a big bottle

this smells kind of like Dorian did on me.. vanilla and cologne. i don't smell any lemon at all, nor any of the florals. i like it enough to keep the imp around. :P

edit: wow, i really like this! the "cologne" smell died down and it's turned into a really pretty vanilla scent. still no lemon or florals.

Edited by angel sixgun