BPAL Madness!: What BPAL would this fictional character wear? - BPAL Madness!

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

What BPAL would this fictional character wear? Star Wars, Whedonverse, comics, movies and more

#226 User is offline   IambicDearie 

• a little too imp-ulsive
  • Group: Members
  • Mood:Depressed
  • SotD:Martian Phoenix
  • Rooster
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 10 August 2013 - 05:34 AM

Does anybody have any thoughts on what scents they identify with OUAT (Once Upon a Time) characters? I mean, Poisoned Apple is a given for Regina, as is Jolly Roger for Hook and Rumple's even got one bearing his name (my personal favorite), but are there any others that people associate with them? :)
  • to the top!

#227 User is offline   crimescenecleanup 

• obsessive precious hoarder
  • View gallery
  • Mood:contemplative
  • Dog
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 06:18 PM

Oooh...I don't know any of the OUAT characters...but it is a popular show so hopefully somebody will chime in with ideas!

OK, what scent would Molly Weasley wear?

I am helping out with a series of gradeschool Halloween parties this year, and I'm with a group of teachers that is doing a Harry Potter theme.

It was decided that I would have to be Molly Weasley, as there are a few similarities - similar body type, I wear goofy patchwork coats, generally kitchen-witchy-ness, and I want to have a dozen kids.

So of course, I have to coordinate my perfume for this event! Not to mention how important scent association is to the creative process - maybe the right perfume will help me get in character and come up with an awesome costume.
  • to the top!

#228 User is offline   BoneBone24 

• sexy swapper
  • Rat
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 07:49 PM

For Molly Weasley I think you'll definitely want to find something part foody and part magical, perhaps with a bit of soot or worn wool in it. Shubb-Nuggurath is the only GC that I can think of that would come close, but it might be more fun to try some layering as well. Perhaps...

Jack
Drink Me
Dwarven Ale
Halfling
or
Hoggle

over

Brimstone
Voodoo
Arcana
The Chicken-Legged Hut
or
No. 93 Engine

This post has been edited by BoneBone24: 12 September 2013 - 07:51 PM

• to the top!

#229 User is offline   crimescenecleanup 

• View gallery
  • Mood:contemplative
  • Dog
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 12 September 2013 - 08:47 PM

Oh, thank you! I like the layering suggestion!
  • to the top!

#230 User is offline   MiasmaResonance 

• SotD:Hellcat
  • Dog
  • Sagittarius
  • United States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:03 AM

View Postcrimescenecleanup, on 12 September 2013 - 06:18 PM, said:

Oooh...I don't know any of the OUAT characters...but it is a popular show so hopefully somebody will chime in with ideas!

OK, what scent would Molly Weasley wear?

I am helping out with a series of gradeschool Halloween parties this year, and I'm with a group of teachers that is doing a Harry Potter theme.

It was decided that I would have to be Molly Weasley, as there are a few similarities - similar body type, I wear goofy patchwork coats, generally kitchen-witchy-ness, and I want to have a dozen kids.

So of course, I have to coordinate my perfume for this event! Not to mention how important scent association is to the creative process - maybe the right perfume will help me get in character and come up with an awesome costume.

I love perfume coordination, excellent idea! I could see her with any scent that was smoky, but in a floo powder sort of way lol, and some dessert as well, like a pie. A combo of those two, I think.
  • to the top!

#231 User is offline   stellamaris 

• Mood:Hopeful and Happy
  • SotD:The Zoom
  • Ox
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 03:16 PM

Molly Weasley would be either Pepper, Miss Lupescu or Miss Forrcible to me
  • to the top!

#232 User is offline   khazakant 

• Dragon
  • Leo
  • United States

Posted 13 September 2013 - 09:19 PM

For Molly Weasley, maybe Calaveras - I remember that being a buttery, bright, foody scent, but also a little preternatural and with a hint of pepper and smoke. Good for a kitchen-witch.

I was thinking about Artemiy Burakh earlier (from the game Pathologic) since the game was so kind as to have a character comment on what he smells like (burning leaves and autumn earth, it stuck in my mind). Now I'm curious about his counterpart, Daniel Dankovsky. Hard to describe Dankovsky since he's so complicated, and the game is so complicated, but - he's an elegant, youthful, beautiful medical researcher from the capital (the game kinda sorta takes place in an alternate reality version of pre-revolutionary Russia, but also kinda sorta doesn't, basically, he's urbane and a little Westernized) who founded an experimental thanatological laboratory researching a way to end death.

VERY intense (to an extent that's slightly terrifying). He thinks of himself as clever, cold, logical, and a man of principle, and he's wrong on every count. He's overly emotional, easily hurt, and easily led by anger and viciousness, but also easily led by dreams and love. (He's a little childlike, in a way.) Not saying he's not tough as nails and a dangerous man, because he is by necessity - the game takes place in a plague-ravaged settlement on the steppe - and I always got the feeling that by Day 11 he gets a cold, sick pleasure out of killing, but all the same, beneath the self-righteous cutthroat amorality he's a dreamer who's in a lot of pain.
  • to the top!

#233 User is offline   TheFrenchWaffle 

• evil enabler
  • SotD:Belle Vinu
  • Horse
  • Taurus
  • United States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 12:19 AM

I went to post this yesterday but the malware warnings blocked me.

View PostIambicDearie, on 10 August 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

Does anybody have any thoughts on what scents they identify with OUAT (Once Upon a Time) characters? I mean, Poisoned Apple is a given for Regina, as is Jolly Roger for Hook and Rumple's even got one bearing his name (my personal favorite), but are there any others that people associate with them? :)

One of my guilty pleasure shows...
In general I think Bewitched would be a good fit for Storybrooke, Jezebel for Regina, Black Forest for the huntsman/Graham, Pepper (Gaiman line) for Emma (it has a feminine yet feisty feel), The Rose for Belle (it's more girly than Belle Vinu), Jailbait for Stroybrooke version of Red. That's all I have for now.
  • to the top!

#234 User is offline   IambicDearie 

• Rooster
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 14 September 2013 - 01:10 AM

View PostTheFrenchWaffle, on 14 September 2013 - 12:19 AM, said:

I went to post this yesterday but the malware warnings blocked me.

View PostIambicDearie, on 10 August 2013 - 05:34 AM, said:

One of my guilty pleasure shows...
In general I think Bewitched would be a good fit for Storybrooke, Jezebel for Regina, Black Forest for the huntsman/Graham, Pepper (Gaiman line) for Emma (it has a feminine yet feisty feel), The Rose for Belle (it's more girly than Belle Vinu), Jailbait for Stroybrooke version of Red. That's all I have for now.

Those all sound perfect!

I keep trying to find something for Baelfire/Neal, I'm sure I'll come up with something suitable for him. :)
  • to the top!

#235 User is offline   vanilla323  

• 1/32 too few
  • Mood:Let Them Eat Cake!
  • SotD:Dragon's Milk
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:30 AM

I need to know what scents you all think embodies Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! She is adorable and I love her! So what scent would she wear? I need to know and I need to own it! LOL :wub2:
  • to the top!

#236 User is offline   IambicDearie 

• Rooster
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 04:40 AM

View PostVanilla323, on 16 September 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

I need to know what scents you all think embodies Vanellope Von Schweetz from Wreck It Ralph! She is adorable and I love her! So what scent would she wear? I need to know and I need to own it! LOL :wub2:

The first thing that jumps to mind is Schrodinger's Cat: sweet and lively, but not delicate. There's a fizz to it that I associate with Vanellope, maybe that would work!
  • to the top!

#237 User is offline   tziporra 

• sexy swapper
  • View gallery
  • Mood:Harried
  • Dragon
  • Libra
  • United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 05:23 AM

View PostVanilla323, on 16 September 2013 - 04:30 AM, said:

Monster Bait: Tokyo Stomp

Vanilla Mint! (Although Vanellope might be more chocolate mint, based on her costume)

Tzi
  • to the top!

#238 User is offline   vanilla323  

• 1/32 too few
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 16 September 2013 - 06:54 AM

Awe two cool options but I feel she had to be more candy like...licorice, gummi bears, a little chocolate, frosting, sprinkles. And maybe mint.
  • to the top!

#239 User is offline   fufu_berry 

• evil enabler
  • View gallery
  • Rabbit
  • Scorpio
  • United States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 05:35 AM

View PostVanilla323, on 16 September 2013 - 06:54 AM, said:

Awe two cool options but I feel she had to be more candy like...licorice, gummi bears, a little chocolate, frosting, sprinkles. And maybe mint.

It sounds like some of the things from Lilith's Pickman Gallery might fit the bill. I'm thinking particularly of Cykranosh (Sour gummi bears, cherry cordial, and apricot preserves), Love (Marshmallows and rose sugar with whipped vanilla cream and a hint of strawberry) and Uncle Brian (Raspberry sherbet dotted with orangesicle, merlot gelato, pink cotton candy, and iced lime).
  • to the top!

#240 User is offline   vanilla323  

• 1/32 too few
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 17 September 2013 - 06:53 AM

What is this Love fragrance you speak of sounds lovely...off to hunt! ;)

EDIT: not seeing it?

EDIT again: I did find it with a google search! Can I still order it? Can't afford it right now sadly but just curious??

This post has been edited by Vanilla323: 17 September 2013 - 07:10 AM

• to the top!

#241 User is offline   Missy_killer 

• sexy swapper
  • View gallery
  • SotD:Sin
  • Monkey
  • Leo
  • Sweden

Posted 18 September 2013 - 09:22 PM

View PostVanilla323, on 17 September 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

EDIT again: I did find it with a google search! Can I still order it? Can't afford it right now sadly but just curious??

The Lilith-series (the Tremulous Song) that contained Love was taken down in June I believe. I have a bottle of Love, and it's the best rose-scent I've ever smelled! It's not marshmallow-y on me, just sweet and creamy roses.
  • to the top!

#242 User is offline   The Poison Queen 

• Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected
  • Nothing Selected

Posted 18 September 2013 - 11:18 PM

View PostMissy_killer, on 18 September 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

View PostVanilla323, on 17 September 2013 - 06:53 AM, said:

The Lilith-series (the Tremulous Song) that contained Love was taken down in June I believe. I have a bottle of Love, and it's the best rose-scent I've ever smelled! It's not marshmallow-y on me, just sweet and creamy roses.

I love... Love.. >___> it's an amazing scent!
  • to the top!

#243 User is offline   vanilla323  

• 1/32 too few
  • Ox
  • Cancer
  • United States

Posted 19 September 2013 - 01:25 AM

View PostMissy_killer, on 18 September 2013 - 09:22 PM, said:

Ahhh! Well if it's mainly rose it probably wouldn't work for me. ;)
  • to the top!

#244 User is offline   Missy_killer 

• sexy swapper
  • View gallery
  • SotD:Sin
  • Monkey
  • Leo
  • Sweden

Posted 19 September 2013 - 08:52 AM

View PostThe Poison Queen, on 18 September 2013 - 11:18 PM, said:

I love... Love.. >___> it's an amazing scent!

It iiiiis! It swirled up to my top 5 scents immediately and I've worn it almost all summer.
  • to the top!

#245 User is offline   patina 

• View gallery
  • Rooster
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:13 PM

So, what would be appropriate for Beetlejuice? I'm thinking something mossy, but what?
  • to the top!

#246 User is offline   elinox 

• Mood:curious
  • SotD:Obatala
  • Dog
  • Pisces
  • United States

Posted 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM

View Postpatina, on 26 September 2013 - 01:13 PM, said:

So, what would be appropriate for Beetlejuice? I'm thinking something mossy, but what?

Something with damp earth with a light-hearted fun spirit. Frumious Bandersnatch comes to mind with its berry cheeriness.

Alternately, perhaps something with a hint of banana in it for the Day-O song? :whistle:
  • to the top!

#247 User is offline   patina 

• View gallery
  • Rooster
  • Virgo
  • United States

Posted 27 September 2013 - 12:23 AM

View Postelinox, on 26 September 2013 - 01:25 PM, said:

Something with damp earth with a light-hearted fun spirit. Frumious Bandersnatch comes to mind with its berry cheeriness.

Alternately, perhaps something with a hint of banana in it for the Day-O song? :whistle:

Excellent! You reminded me of Jazz Funeral, which should be perfect...for someone else. It smells bad on me.

Oh, and I see now I should have posted this in the costume thread. Darn. :huh?:
  • to the top!

• 10 Pages +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users