Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Flowermouth

What BPAL would this fictional character wear?

Purely for time killing, entertainment purposes. Pile on your LE and seasonal suggestions. :tongue:

And yes, I could see Bayou working for Froppy, especially if she was trying to be fancy. :_

Sure thing! Here’s some ideas of various sorts:

GC/Currently Available:

Midnight- Whip (black leather and damp red rose) Nuff said, though something from the Somnium category could also be good, if a little on the nose.

Kyoka- Little Sister is Watching You (electric, aldehydic cherry blossom) It’s mostly stuff like the “voice in the air” description that made me think of her for this. Haven’t tried it, so I don’t know how it differs from other cherry blossom stuff.

Froppy- Plague of Frogs (rubbery, wet, and warty) This one’s mostly a joke, especially since I have no idea what it would smell like.

Bakugou- Streets of Detroit (black musk accord, Ethiopian myrrh, and motor oil) Haven’t tried it, but people love it and it sounds a tad edgy.

Deku- Druid (a woolen robe infused with the scent of a vast, primordial forest: ancient trees, fertile soil, wild herbs, spring grasses, and burgundy pitch incense) I guess it’s the green hair, but I think of something cozy and forest-y.

Kaminari- Lightning (lightning slashing the midnight skies over the endless reaches of the ocean. The electric tang of ozone, marine notes, and a drop of sharp rain) Another one I’m mostly suggesting out of theme, especially since it’s another I haven’t tried.

Charity (also still available, I think):

Todoroki- Fuck this Heat (slivers of ice to cool things down, lavender and hops flower to soothe the nerves) Partially a joke, but he’d probably like a cool and refreshing scent anyway.

All Might- Spiced Rum Buttercream Coffee (coffee and rum laced with allspice, nutmeg, clove, star anise, cardamom, and cinnamon gently whipped into buttercream) I don’t know why I think he’d like it, but it smells great. Plus, hey, the proceeds go to good stuff.

Shunga Lupercalias:

Momo- Courtesan with Secret Lover (green tea, plum blossom, white musk, jasmine blossom honey, and lemon peel) It smells very proper to me.

Uravity- A View of Cascading Cherry Blossoms (cherry blossoms, white musk, and crushed strawberries) Another sweet and relatively simple one. It matches well with the Kamisuki hair gloss (cherry blossoms, white tea, vanilla orchid, and a drop of strawberry).

Iida- Hoîru (bourbon vanilla and suede leather, tonka and patchouli, pale amber and blackened tea leaf, coconut husk and cashmere) It sounds proper and kind of fancy. I have a bottle, but I’m still getting used to it so it’s tough for me to pin it down.

Couldn’t think of as many actually unavailable ones that I think suit different characters but, unless I’ve said otherwise, I’ve at least tried all of these.

Kezzie, I love your suggestions! :P I'm going to add Djinn for Endeavor and The Chapel for Tomura b/c it just seems so dark, brooding, and unsettling. I suppose something cool and clammy smelling could work too, but The Chapel just has a blood smell that seems character appropriate.

I'm not sure anyone else on here is in the same brand of nerdery, but I think it could be fun to hear if anyone has any particular Homestuck/Hiveswap ideas.

On 12/23/2014 at 2:16 PM, Hazy said:

I may have developed a minor WTNV obsession since the last time I was hanging around this thread. I HAVE to get my hands on 51. I nearly cried after losing an ebay auction for it yesterday, no lie.

This might be weird, but I thought of Carlos immediately after sniffing Variety of Pleasing Amusements. In my headcanon anyway, he's sweet but with such a subtle undeniable risqué side. The honey is his usual adorable personality, the tobacco is smoke from a science experiment gone wrong, and the leather -- well. On a similar note I'd totally go for Ifrit as a Cecil scent.

Robotic Scarab is my only Steamworks scent, and it's okay for Carlos, but it just lacks the warmth I associate with him. Maybe Lysander, of all things. It's very soft and gently masculine on me, nothing that evokes Carlos in particular, but the quote/description just kills me: the course of true love never did run smooth.

I've been wearing Anubis to RP (fanon character) Desert Bluffs Carlos, though it doesn't work for regular Carlos, for me -- it's too clinical and too invasive all at once, and where Carlos is warm, this guy is just parched and dry. It goes a little delicate and feminine on me, though.

And I NEED a Kevin scent. I love that fool. I want to douse myself in whatever he smells like and never look back. (...Blood Popsicle?)

My husband and I were just chatting about BPAL and I suddenly thought, "Wouldn't BPAL and NV be the perfect marriage of geekiness?" Seriously, the lab really needs to do a collaboration with Cranor and Fink!

I think California Leaf-Nosed Bat would be another good WTNV scent:
Nightfall in the desert: Mojave yucca, creosote bush, saguaro, dusty clove, and sacred datura.

Maybe Scarlet Horror for Desert bluffs or the Night Vale Council too.

This is totally off topic (since I had to google WTNV to find out what you were talking about) but any suggestions for a Pop Art theme? Like, what would Edie Sedgwick wear, or a fembot from Austin Powers? Thanks!

I think Edie Sedgwick would wear Hollywood Babylon, Dance of Death, or  Amsterdam. All of those seem like they might have appealed to her, & be appropriate for a 60's era heiress in torment.

2 hours ago, Lucchesa said:

This is totally off topic (since I had to google WTNV to find out what you were talking about) but any suggestions for a Pop Art theme? Like, what would Edie Sedgwick wear, or a fembot from Austin Powers? Thanks!

I think Pop Art would be represented best by simple colored musk scents. Also tin, plastic, and metal scents.

However, a fembot would wear Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs from the lupers.

2 hours ago, patina said:

I think Pop Art would be represented best by simple colored musk scents. Also tin, plastic, and metal scents.

However, a fembot would wear Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs from the lupers.

Thanks! I’ve never tried Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs so I will be on the lookout for a decant. 

apparently, Edie Sedgwick’s signature scent was something called Fracas. It was a dirty tuberose, perhaps my worst floral, so I doubt I could wear it. 

On 1/10/2019 at 3:12 PM, Lucchesa said:

Thanks! I’ve never tried Pink Fuzzy Handcuffs so I will be on the lookout for a decant. 

apparently, Edie Sedgwick’s signature scent was something called Fracas. It was a dirty tuberose, perhaps my worst floral, so I doubt I could wear it. 

I was about to say - Torture Queen?  It's an over the top gardenia with a backing of shiny metal.  Seems like it would work for a fembot, but maybe for Edie Sedgwick since it 's also a white floral?  

I wanna know what sharks with laaaazers would smell like.  :P

1 hour ago, patina said:

Okay, what about goblins? I know there's Goblin, but what else?

Hehe.  Something with poopy oude.  :P  Or... actually Yule Cat might work.  Sort of foresty, and wild, and musky?  Some mushroom scents might be fun too.

Anyone have a recommendation for Jiang Cheng from MDZS? Im thinking the obvious choices are something either with lotus or ozone but im curious what someone well versed in BPAL scents would pick

Anyone else here a Downton Abbey fan? I've been re-watching since there's a new movie coming out. I'd love to here suggestions for the characters if anyone has some. I feel like violet heavy scents would be perfect the Dowager Countess since her name is Violet.